Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Exploring Felarya

Go down 
+4
Soroxas2
Lockheed X-17
SpectrumGirl
Tepman6
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

Exploring Felarya - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exploring Felarya   Exploring Felarya - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 11:54 am

(Actually, Lock, it seems you already have all the info you need. O.o I don't think I can really give you anything you haven't already correctly surmised. Although, looking back, Beryl never introduced herself, so Eredor shouldn't know her name yet, unless that's an effect of his scanning magic or special retinas you mentioned?

@Gamma: for the sake of simplicity, I think it'd be best if we decided that no, it doesn't count as a living being for the sand. It's really just animated paint - it doesn't have organs or an actual consciousness, nothing more than an extension of Beryl's will.)

Beryl looked to Gil, who seemed to be taking charge. Not that she minded, she was out of her element. If she took charge, they'd probably all die. But he was pretty fired up, what with that whole "let's ride!" shout. It made Beryl feel fired up, too.

"Yeah! Ride on, ride strong! Geoffrey, ho!" Beryl called out, willing her new construct to move forward. The large quadrupedal avian picture began to trot forward at a fair pace - leisurely but not lazy - as if conserving energy like a living mount. This was for two reasons - because simulating life through art was fun for Beryl, and to make sure she didn't pass Gil up ahead. As it moved, Geoffrey left four-toed talonprints in the sand, clearly indicating that it wasn't simply floating.
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
SpectrumGirl
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
SpectrumGirl

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Felarya   Exploring Felarya - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 10:27 pm

"Hmm..."

Julie was focused on scanning the area.
Back to top Go down
Lockheed X-17
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Lockheed X-17

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Felarya   Exploring Felarya - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 1:04 am

(@Nyaha: Well, Eredor's eyes can scan everything, and could predict most events with 80% accuracy. It could also detect life forms and read names, but it heavily drains him and his antimatter reactor, his warp also drains his magic and his reactor, as it is rather weak than commercially sold counterparts and his devices eat more power compared to standard ones.)

Eredor, after completing the encrypting the data, rode the sand walking bird. He agreed with the other elf, seeing that if they stayed here any longer, there would be a predator that would attack them. He immediately flew high up, waiting for them...
Back to top Go down
Gamma
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Gamma

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Felarya   Exploring Felarya - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 5:00 pm

Briefly making the hand sign equivalent to rolling one's eyes, Rylee brought her bird around and into a trot in rough formation with Gil on point and the naga girl on her Geoffrey to the side. The Hissan seemed to have other ideas, at least in modes of transportation, but was at least going in the same direction as the rest of them. A quick check of their direction indicated that yes, Gil was leading them in the right direction, if the tip she had been given was to be trusted. As the group settled into a boring trot in the rather homogenous desert, Rylee took the time to take a closer look at the various members of said group.
Back to top Go down
Soroxas2
Naga food

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Felarya   Exploring Felarya - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 5:10 pm

(I take it we get an event soon?)
Gil pulls the sand walker back a little to get closer to the group. "So, I suppose I never gave me name. The name's Gil. If you need a lock picked, I'm your man. And I mean that in the business sense. Before I started adventuring, I was a locksmith."
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Felarya   Exploring Felarya - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2016 8:01 am

"Really?" Beryl asked, her voice loud to get over the sounds of the wind, the fabric, and the birds running across the sand. "I should take you with me on some escapades! I can't tell you how many times a locked door has stopped me from barging in on some choice portrait material."

She turned her head to the side, calling out to the rest of the group. "My name's Beryl! You might have guessed, but I'm an artist by trade! I was taught my craft by a neera I call Master Typhos! If you know of him, you know how good I am! ...Which is to say exceptionally skilled, hypobolically-speaking~"

(FYI, "hypobolically-speaking" is a fancy way of saying "and that's an understatement" :p)
Back to top Go down
SpectrumGirl
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
SpectrumGirl

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Felarya   Exploring Felarya - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2016 11:01 pm

"It's nice to meet you, Beryl." Julie returns to focusing on the dangers of the sands. "Hmm...nothing yet..."
Back to top Go down
Tepman6
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer
Tepman6

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Felarya   Exploring Felarya - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2016 4:03 pm

(Oh boy, I am proud this roleplay sustained itself while I was away.)
The cactus remains in the distance, as the sun hits past noon, the cactus, as some of you have scanners, appears to be half a day's ride away.
Back to top Go down
Lockheed X-17
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Lockheed X-17

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Felarya   Exploring Felarya - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2016 1:09 am

Eredor heard their introduction"Since you have already introduce yourselves, so will I. My name is Eredor, I used to be a member of the Isolon Fist. But since then, I began to work as a mercenary." Eredor stated, as he turned towards the Vishmital. "I used to work with your kind, Miss Rylee, and I might say that they are quite... xenophobic. Your technology, though, is very fun to tinker with..."

Eredor then turned towards the naga. "I'm quite astonished of your skills, my dear. Magic like that takes years to master..."

"You know, the Akaptor is a dangerous place, as experience has told me. So whatever you do, don't step on the sand, as those... creatures might tear us apart, or travel back in time." he said as he began to fly away.
Back to top Go down
Soroxas2
Naga food

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Felarya   Exploring Felarya - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2016 7:45 am

"I think we all knew this place was dangerous, " Gil rolls his eyes, "Although I may give you credence for telling everyone about the sand. It isn't news to me, but I don't think that was a given. So, does anyone have any stories to tell while we ride?"
Back to top Go down
Gamma
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Gamma

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Felarya   Exploring Felarya - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2016 7:03 pm

Rylee again made the hand sign equivalent to an eye roll, mirroring the elf. "Well, that Fist-turned-mercenary would probably have several, if he'd bother to stop flying away from us." She wasn't even sure why he'd brought the darn bird if he was just going to fly anyway. She also made a note to not let him tinker with her gear; she didn't trust a former Fist with anything more complex than a speeder's hydrovanes.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Felarya   Exploring Felarya - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2016 1:36 pm

(Y'know, can I ask just how Eredor is flying away? I checked his profile; flight isn't listed under his abilities. Also sand walkers are described on the wiki as "running birds" - I'm pretty sure that implies that they're flightless.)
Back to top Go down
SpectrumGirl
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
SpectrumGirl

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Felarya   Exploring Felarya - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2016 5:42 pm

"Traveling back in time means nothing to me. I am a planeswalker. The REAL danger for me would probably be quicksand..."
Back to top Go down
Tepman6
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer
Tepman6

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Felarya   Exploring Felarya - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 2:51 pm

Nyaha wrote:
(Y'know, can I ask just how Eredor is flying away? I checked his profile; flight isn't listed under his abilities. Also sand walkers are described on the wiki as "running birds" - I'm pretty sure that implies that they're flightless.)
(Good point this.)
Back to top Go down
Soroxas2
Naga food

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Felarya   Exploring Felarya - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2016 9:05 pm

(So, I guess I should post next?)
Back to top Go down
Tepman6
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer
Tepman6

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Felarya   Exploring Felarya - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2016 2:39 pm

Soroxas2 wrote:
(So, I guess I should post next?)
(Sure. Let's get this thing moving, if one doesn't reply within two days, just continue.)
Back to top Go down
Soroxas2
Naga food

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Felarya   Exploring Felarya - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2016 3:41 pm

"Yeah, you say it's nothing now; wait until you meet the beasties of the past," Gil snarks, "I hear they're less pleasant to deal with than any of our current predators. "
Back to top Go down
Tepman6
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer
Tepman6

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Felarya   Exploring Felarya - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 4:58 pm

(Who's next?)
Back to top Go down
Bluehorizon
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Bluehorizon

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Felarya   Exploring Felarya - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 8:50 pm

(Kind of for you to decide, lol you gotta suggest who you think should go next based on what the setting lookslike thus far and how it fits).
Back to top Go down
http://sovietkroshka.deviantart.com/
SpectrumGirl
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
SpectrumGirl

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Felarya   Exploring Felarya - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 10:48 pm

"Have you forgotten that I have magic? Even if that doesn't work, I am immortal. I can't die permanently."
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Felarya   Exploring Felarya - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2016 10:16 am

(Sorry, I think it was my fault. ^^; I posted a lot longer back than I thought I did, so I was waiting. DX)

Beryl turned her torso to face Julie as Geoffrey continued to run forward.

"Wait, so why would quicksand be an issue then?" Beryl asked somewhat incredulously. "If going back to a time of lawlessness ruled by voracious beasts isn't a problem, I don't think quicksand would even be an inconvenience. Unless you're more worried about being trapped for an immortal eternity in the stuff, unable to die and see what lies beyond, forever imprisoned in solitude by the uncomfortable, unappetizing void of earthen-toned granules, helpless as the ages pass you by completely unimpeded by your absence, your existence fading from the memories of everyone you once held dear, with nothing to comfort you beyond the howling hollow winds of this desert wasteland in which survive only the most calloused and selfish of creatures traversing the empty expanse which has so easily swallowed you up, never to return to the life you once enjoyed..."

Beryl's long-winded hypothetical trailed off as she attempted to think of more big words to add to the narration, her mouth hanging open as she absently gazed off in the distance with her right arm held outward dramatically.
Back to top Go down
Tepman6
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer
Tepman6

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Felarya   Exploring Felarya - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2016 2:51 pm

(You guys want to do a timeskip?)
Back to top Go down
Soroxas2
Naga food

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Felarya   Exploring Felarya - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2016 2:54 pm

Tepman6 wrote:
(You guys want to do a timeskip?)
((That would certainly keep things interesting as we are going to events.))
Back to top Go down
Tepman6
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer
Tepman6

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Felarya   Exploring Felarya - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2016 2:58 pm

You ride the rest of the day to the cactus, bonding, talking, and laughing, perhaps learning a little more about eachother. You get there just as the sun is beginning to set under the shadow of the somewhat small 90 foot tall cactus, an awesome place to rest.
Back to top Go down
Dawn_Shadowblade
Naga food
Dawn_Shadowblade

Location : "The Funny Farm, where life is beautiful all the time!"

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Felarya   Exploring Felarya - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2016 10:43 pm

((I know its kind of late in your session but would you mind me joining in from time to time as my schedule may not always allow me to reply regularly?))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Felarya   Exploring Felarya - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Exploring Felarya
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next