Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Pendent Ascendent

Go down 
+2
Veseere
felarya_refugee
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Lockheed X-17
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Lockheed X-17

The Pendent Ascendent - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Pendent Ascendent   The Pendent Ascendent - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 08, 2017 10:54 pm

Mako was tired. He was keeping the ogress at bay, basically stopping her advance. She is pretty much either blocking his attacks and attacking her stomach. Weird, but he remembered Eredor was still there, so he might have done something about it.

He kept fighting, eventually he chopped off a finger. It sounded hilarious until you remembered that this ogre could just regrow her damn finger because of the damn magic of this God-damned world. He continued slashing and jumping about, and managed to poke one of her eyes. This should stop her from attacking the others, if only for a few moments...

Meanwhile, Eredor was slicing her insides with his sword-staff. He can still feel her move around, she should have been paralyzed by this amount of nerve gas. Then he remembered that it was not just nerve gas. It was a bioweapon intended to burn it's victims, create boils and such that filled with pus and blood, which pops at every few intervals or so. But somehow, she isn't affected by it. Worse, she was immune to it. But still managing to move around despite being attacked on the outside and inside is a pretty impressive feat by itself.

"WHY WON"T SHE STAY STILL!" he heard Mako shout outside her gut. On the inside, he can feel every movement his captor makes, and was amplified because of his diminutive size. So he began to switch to an energy-based weapon. He has to escape here quick, because the stomach was still filled with acid...

SOMEWHERE ELSE

A black figure with a white face(?) began to laugh at Eredor's situation. Another figure, this time with a robe, approached the former and began to smile. A really familiar smile...
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: The Pendent Ascendent   The Pendent Ascendent - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 08, 2017 11:04 pm

Noto dug in an tried to brace against the wind but between it, the slickness of the floor and the pain in her stomach she couldn't get the strength and felt herself pushed back onto her backside. "Arrrrrrrrroooooooaaaaugh!" She said holding her middle. "Y-You Miko damned ...little bitches.....I'll make you sorry you eve hearda meh!!" She said smacking into the far bulkhead but then something odd happened. Her size started to decrease, at least around the middle. " Feel my....agh.....Oni Rage!!" She cried out sharp markings of contrasting orange started to appear on her body. "I may not know much magic but I know this spell...Bulk Up!!" She cried out her body burning with a orange halo of light and the silouette suddnely begining to change. Though that wasn't what should worry Eredor. That would be the fact her stomach suddenly went into double over time and began to fill with acid attempting to digest him as she did a quick calorie clense. Outside her muscles would siuddnely double in size and her belly would melt away instantly. "Behold! Steel Oni Noto!" She bellowed showing off her sexier and more muscular body stomping towards Quay. "You thought Rubber was bad? You ain't seen nothing yet pal!" She said as her horn suddenly grew to unicorn length as she crouched down then took off against wind looking ready to tackle somebody foot baller style!

Aquilo eyes bulged. "I-I didn't know she could even do that!!" He looked at Veseere. "Yeah, yeah I'm getting by the hole but don't MISS or she'll rip us all appart!" He wondered if maybe he shouldn't have just took Rev's money and stabbed him in his stupid face instead of teaming up with these losers. .... Oh well too late now. He shrugged and opened his mouth. "Feed me, mage! Pure plasma if you can!"

Eurus meanwhile was testing a theory that crossing these two wires would shut off the engine temporarily. She crossed them and heard it sputter and die. "Ah splendid." She said feeling herself lift up as the ship dropped but she crossed the wires again starting it back up. "Splendid. So all I need to do is connect these to-" She paused. "Hm?" Her keen elf ears heard something odd. It was like there was somebody there with her. "....People usually say something foolish at this point like 'hello' right before they are brutally murdered. So I'll say 'who the hell is there' instead." She said turning and looking in the half light from the plasma of the engine. Then feeling a menacing presence in the shadows before a pair of eyes flared to life.

"B.....B...bu...rrr......." It stuttered the eyes looking sympathic but ...weirdly bright....

Eurus felt her brows raise. "Hm? Are you one of ours or there's? Speak up! What is it you're trying to say?"

Suddenly a small fang filled smile glowed in the darkness. Literally glowed. Eurus had a terrible moment of clarity. "C-Cherufe?!" She asked reaching for a weapon and finding nothing her fear growing by the moment. "Cherufe, you are supposed to be imprisoned within Zephyr! Where is he?!

The creature smiled more and the flares behind it's eyes and it's smile flared so bright they illuminated it's black molten form. "...Buuurrrrnnnnnn....You!!" It said leaping at Eurus who attempted to roll to the side but Cherufe anticipated this and 'widened the net' engulfing her and setting her ablaze. She screamed in agony briefly but was dissolved into ash almost instantly. It absorbed what it needed to build a body. The creature revelled in her dying breath consuming it as flame feeds on oxygen before stealing away your life slowly. It reveled in this it's black form slowly transforming into a lean figure with flaring orange hips and a wide chest with shapely looking legs like what belonged formerly to Eurus. It's face opened it's newly formed eyes showing off the black in place of the white with bright cyan pupils. It's mouth grinned widely dissplaying teeth made of volcanic glass but then it blinked it's eyes and stared downward raising a flame red brow and feeling a query come to it's mind. "Huh? Wha's this?" It asked in a throaty, but not effemeniate voice grouping it's new chest and gasping as it felt some pleasure at that in the top orbs and bottom little mouth-like thing even! "Hee! Man... I feel like a woman!" It giggled in a hysterical manner. It didn't have a true gender but apparently eating Eurus had made it's body metamorph into a female one for once, something new to it! 'Oh well. I do like females They were tasty, especially red heads! Ohhhh how I loved sitting in a volcano and being force fed countless numbers of them by their own kind! So ...empowering.' It licked it's lips and felt a grumble from it's belly region, though it wasn't exactly from it's stomach as the monster had no need of one to digest it's meals. "Hee hee hee! You aren't getting out silly Elf!" It said rubbing it's taunt orange tummy lookin pleased. "After all you and those fools you travel with trapped my soul in that silly sandman so turn about is fair play I say! Gee hee ha ha hya ha ha!![/font] It laughed madly looking upwards with a too wide and very vile looking smile. "Aquilo and Otsana....You'll be my next prisoners!" It stopped it's gaze falling on the plasma in the engine. "...After a snack." It said walking to the housing and raising it's arm before smashing it through the casing and sucking ont he green flames like they were soda it's 'hair' matching the color. Likely everyone would notice the ship shake and shudder but not fall out of the sky.
Back to top Go down
WanderingRender
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
WanderingRender

PostSubject: Re: The Pendent Ascendent   The Pendent Ascendent - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 09, 2017 12:43 pm

Upon feeling the ship shake, Reverie bolted upright. Under the mask, his single eye was wide with fear. He had only been aboard one other airship in his life, and it had flown directly into a storm. This instilled in him a deep fear of flying. Or, at least of flying in a ship. He preferred other modes of transport. The shaking also managed to wake up Gale, who seemed surprisingly well rested despite the brevity of her nap. She stood up and stretched her arms towards the ceiling, letting out a yawn.
The fairy looked around her. "Good morning?"
"Afternoon, I believe."
"Good afternoon! What's happening?"
"The ship was shaking. We should probably check on it."
It was then that Gale noticed Otsana on the cot. "OOO! Can we keep her? Please, please, please, PLEASE?"
"Gale, that is a person."
"I know that. I'm just teasing, y'know. She know, right?" The fairy patted Otsana's head.
Without waiting for a response, Gale continued. "So, we're going to check on... what? The engines?"
"No. I think I have an idea of where that might be coming from."
His idea, of course, was wrong. He believed that, if she so desired, Noto possessed the power to make the ship rock. The truth was far worse than he could've imagined.
Yet Gale followed Rev's line of thinking. "Our little friend from earlier?"
"I believe it may be."
"UGH. I swear, I'm going to eat her this time."
"Gale, we-"
"And what are you gonna do to stop me? We can't let all of them get away anymore, Rev. You know it as well as I do."
Silence.
"Look, I respect your way of doing things. Peace is a wonderful dream. But that's all it ever will be. It's time to wake up. Not everyone can be saved. Sometimes the only way to save lives is to take one. I know you think it's hard. I know you hate the concept. I know what happened to you, to your life, twenty years ago. But you need to realize that some people, they won't change with the second chance you give them. They'll just hurt you."
Reverie could only stand there, shocked. Gale had never before been so harsh with him. Sure, they had argued this point before, but never so vehemently had Gale spoken in favor of doing whatever is necessary.
The fairy was on the verge of tears. "You should already know that. It's happened to you before. It's what happened to her-"
"Do not speak of her." Reverie finally spoke. His eye was narrowed, in half of a scowl. But there were tears shining at its corner.
Gale backed down. "You can't run forever, Rev. Eventually, somebody else is going to teach you to kill. And they won't be very nice about it. It'll be your life or theirs. And you'll have to choose."
Reverie's eye stopped gleaming. It was as if he had gone completely dead. He uttered his next words in a monotone voice, as if they would be his last.
"I'd choose them. I do not fear death, anymore. I have not feared it in twenty years."
"Wh-What?"
"I have nothing left to leave behind."
"What are you saying?"
"I'm saying that I am only still living because nothing has killed me yet."
"Don't you understand? You do have something to leave behind!"
"I haven't had anything in twenty-"
"THEN WHAT ABOUT ME?" Gale began to sob.
Reverie seemed to soften again. "Wh-What about you...?"
"You'll leave me behind if you die!" She hugged the wanderer close, covering the front of his coat with tears.
"I-I..." Reverie snapped back to reality. "I would, wouldn't I. I never realized."
"You're so stupid sometimes..."
"I am, aren't I? I really am. But, that's enough, Azyna." He called the fairy by her real name, as she was not as secretive as about her identity. "We have an audience."
He meant Otsana. Whether or not she cared was unknown, but she almost certainly heard and saw the exchange. There wasn't much else in the room to pay attention to.
"I don't care." The fairy continued to cry into Rev's chest. "If you want me to let go, you'll have to make me."
This was accomplished with relative ease, as Rev simply lifted Gale back into a bridal carry and threw her into the air. Gale buzzed her wings as she hovered slightly above the ground, just enough to be eye-level with the vagabond. She stuck her tongue out.
With that, they began to walk back to the map room.
In all eighteen years of their travels together, they hadn't once fought like that. And their only witness was the Inu captain. And perhaps the knight, as it was unlikely the door stopped him from hearing the exchange.

(Author's note: I realize this is a wall of text where essentially nothing happens, but I wanted to provide an explanation for some of the quirks in both of my characters. Three cheers for character development! sweatdrop )
Back to top Go down
Veseere
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer
Veseere

PostSubject: Re: The Pendent Ascendent   The Pendent Ascendent - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 09, 2017 7:18 pm

"Oh goodie I've never had a willing vict- I mean volunteer to take on a magic attack with no defenses! One light bolt coming right on up." Veseere would raise her staff with the gen beginning to take on a whitish glean as she began to chant very quickly. "Quod vocat virtutem divinam Vindicant sibi. Manifestum est in virgam meam, quae torret et transfigit per. Exite iam turbine hastam. Vox hasta!" As she chanted the tip would be covered in crackling electricity that took the shape of a spear head. Nearing the end of the chant she crouched down and drew the staff pack, thrusting the lance of lightning into Aquillo. A massive clash of thunder echoed as the bolt which should have ripped into the man was instead absorbed by the elemental though not before scorching all the borders of the hole black. Suddenly the ship lurched. Not knowing about Cherufe, Veseere would cry out. "It wasn't me this time, I swear it! But if we're going down I must do one thing first!" As Noto lunged at Quay, Vesi lunged at Noto and was cross tackled by the Oni as she was carried with her momentum hugging onto her.

(Calious is meanwhile still polishing his armor and meditating as he awaits response from Otsana. ^~^ Nice character Dev. Reverie.)
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: The Pendent Ascendent   The Pendent Ascendent - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 12, 2017 10:31 pm

Noto had Quay in her sights and didn't mind tearing through anyone to get to him! She was going to rip his freaking automail off, smash it, then feed it to him. She was full of rage and vigor...then suddenly Veseere wrapped around her like a warm snuggly jacket. She blinked and stopped in mid-rampage. "Uuhhhhh what you doin?!" She asked suspiciously looking down at Ves her emblems and symbols fading down to a luke warm glow and her eyes suspicious and yet not as rage filled. "You trying to attack me? Hua hua hua! Pathetic attack! It will never work!" She bragged.

Aquilo absorbed the lightning sucking it in happily feeling his strength instantly recover. He used part of it to reapir his arm and shoulder which looked to instantly return to skin color. He looked at Noto with his eyes turning to blazing blue plasma. "Hya ha ha ha! Now I'll show- Ack!! What. Are. Ya. Doing?!!?! Don't hug her! She's the enemy you fool!" Said Aquilo in an admonishing tone.

Otsana snorted. "Oh yeah. My Cerebus Armor is nearly unstoppable." Stated the pirate with pride. "Especially the 'Tres Cero'" She frowned as she felt the ship shaking. "What's with this bucket of bolts? My ship never shook!" She harrumphed before sitting up. "Well time to see if that was enough." She said her right eye flaring with hot pink energies. "Nighty Knight!" She said punning as she attempted to call her magic. "Bardawulf!" She said attempting to summon one of her loyal summons but it failed in mid castng. "Damn...Well regaurdless I must escape!" She said running at Cal then feinting to the right before dropping down and trying to slide between his legs and aiming a punch there.

Meanwhile Cherfue melted it's way into a hallway setting fires as it went along looking for it's former 'companions.' "Oh Noto~ Otsana~ Aquilo~! Where you guys?" It asked looking at a stairway to the upper floors. "Heh. Are you uppp- heeeeerrrreeeee?" It asked taking th estairs and melting them as it went leaving behidn burning foot prints.
Back to top Go down
WanderingRender
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
WanderingRender

PostSubject: Re: The Pendent Ascendent   The Pendent Ascendent - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 13, 2017 2:40 pm

Gale arrived in the map room to a very peculiar scene. A super-charged elemental stood by, looking like he was ready to evaporate somebody, and her snack-to-be had been caught in a hug from the little one. Reverie had gone to patrol the rest of the ship. He knew that he couldn't stop Gale's predatory drive. They had been traveling together for 18 years, and he was aware of her midnight snacks. Though he would never grant permission, he would grant neglect. While he could never stand by as innocents were harmed, the food chain was natural. He had no idea where to draw the line on the issue, so he avoided it. And that was all that Gale required.
For the moment, however, Gale was far to busy laughing to even think about eating.
She spoke between fits of giggles. "Well now, does the big bad monster have a soft spot for hugs?" She buzzed over to the pair, hugging Noto from the side opposite Veseere. "That's adorable." As the fairy hugged Noto, the ogress might notice that Gale was as light as a feather and emanated a continuous gentle breeze to those close enough to feel it.
Then she poked her head over Noto's shoulder and spoke to Veseere. "Now, now, my little friend. As nice as this hug is, I'd appreciate if I could have my delicious little blueberry back now. I haven't eaten in a while." Her tone was slightly teasing.
As if on cue, Gale's stomach growled softly.
"Of course, we can stay like this a little longer if you really wanted. It's not like I'm starving. Your choice."
Then she notice Quay. Immediately backing away from Noto and putting her hands in the air, Gale spoke quickly. "I'mverysorryIdon'tknowwhatIdidbutI'msorrypleasedon'thurtme!"
She then crouched down and placed her hands on her head in a protective manner, folding her wings behind her to conceal them as much as possible. It was wildly different from her earlier response (because I came up with a backstory that doesn't fit her earlier response), almost as if Reverie's presence had given her a degree of strength. And in truth, it had. She knew the vagabond would never have let Quay open fire. But Reverie was out of the equation.
Back to top Go down
Veseere
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer
Veseere

PostSubject: Re: The Pendent Ascendent   The Pendent Ascendent - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 13, 2017 7:31 pm

"I'm not trying to attack you at all Miss. Blue woman! You merely seemed angry and everyone knows that when you see someone like that you should give them a hug! Besides if I wanted to attack you, I'd merely tip you out the hole by asking the wood to rise for me. Sometimes the best way to fight is indirectly after all!" Veseere would snuggle against Noto as her symbols started to lessen in intensity. "You seem like a fun person, I like you! Hush Aquillo, I think she is merely misunderstood. Miss you do know your ship is gone and the captain is already captured right?" Veseere would hum slightly as she felt a faint breeze against her and heard the fluttering of wings before she saw the fairy pop her head out from around the other side of Noto. "Hello there! I don't know you miss green Electra and that mean I am not your little friend!" She'd say mockingly sticking out her tongue. "Besides I am clearly trying to befriend Miss Blue lady! What is your name by the way miss? So no I won't let you eat her flut- Hey what's wrong all of a sudden?!" As Gale crouched down, she would find Veseere's arms wrapping around her and the short woman's head on her shoulder. "What're you apologizing for, Quay is a nice guy. I mean I ripped a buncha holes in the hull by knocking the other ship out of the air while it was still chained to the Artemis and he hasn't even addressed me so you should be fine. Now let those wings show!" with a teasing lick on the cheek Veseere would back away. "Otherwise I'll eatcha!" She'd say in an obviously facetious voice trying to make the fairy chipper up.

Calious began to chuckle as all of Otsana's spells fizzled instead of going off. "You really ought to just stop Miss Otsana, you're not getting away." As the captain feinted and tried to slide between the knight's legs she would be greeted by the appendage she forgot to account for. His armored tail would swing down and wrap around her ankle lifting her into the air. Her fist would meet with a clang against his plate mail. "Really, did you really just try to punch a knight in full armor. Feeling a little desperate? Anyways I want to go see that noise so I guess you'll just have to tag along. Grabbing her hands in a vice like grip he would wrap her arms around his neck before tying them together then repeating with his ankles. With a struggle and her would stand back up. "Well my new temporary backpack, shall we go for a walk?" With a chuckle his helmeted face would turn towards her, a look of amusement in the star filled pink eyes that peered out from the dark visor. Walking down the hall way he would begin to sweat a litter, the Inu had been lighter than he expected so was it heating up? As he rounded the corner he would nearly collide with Cherfue, quickly noticing the ground melting beneath the woman or what appeared to be a woman's feet before quickly turning heel and bolting. "NOPE.NOPE.NOPE! Metal and fire do not a good pair make. Quick we need to get away from that hothead Otsana!" The fully armored knight would take off into a full sprint towards the map room, looking for Quay. The entire way he would shout fire.
Back to top Go down
WanderingRender
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
WanderingRender

PostSubject: Re: The Pendent Ascendent   The Pendent Ascendent - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 2:38 pm

Gale was calmed by Veseere's efforts, if only slightly. "Y-you won't let him blast me?" She shrunk down even more, hiding behind Veseere. "I don't think he's a big fan of fairies. He's the captain, right? All those dusters would be under his command, right? I don't like dusters. For... obvious reasons." As a matter of fact, those reasons were so obvious that they buzzed as she floated behind Veseere.

Meanwhile, Reverie's patrol was going well. He hadn't run into trouble yet, in any case. He had also discovered more of the ship in the past few minutes than he had his entire time aboard. Turns out, the chef is a naga. Now, he stumbled upon something much less fun. A trail of scorched floor, leading toward the hallway Calious had been guarding. Following it to its end (or, rather, its source), Reverie would also find Cherfue. Thinking out loud, he mused to himself. "And you must be the 'angry volcano spirit'. I thought I told that elemental to deal with you. I'll have to reprimand him." He then realized that Cherfue had become his problem. Drawing his sword, he took a few paces away from the spirit. Despite how close he had been to Cherfue, his mask and sword remained solid. The metal only melted at only the highest temperatures. Reverie had no doubt that a spirit as hot as Cherfue could reach those temperatures, but if all went to plan, the rapier would never touch Cherfue. Reverie's plan was to stall, not to fight.
Back to top Go down
felarya_refugee
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
felarya_refugee

PostSubject: Re: The Pendent Ascendent   The Pendent Ascendent - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 6:01 pm

(Eeek! How did I get behind? Oh a thousand, thousand sorries guys! I'll try to catch up.)

Quay had been taken aback by both Noto's method of easily beating his Wind Wall. He closed the blades abd prepared to strike when Vessy zoomed though the air glomp. "Blast it, girl! Stand aside- ...er .... Fairy why are you kneeling?? Get up and shrink the threat!" Quay barked at her gruffly.

Virgo was similarly confused by Ves's tactics as well, but decided not to wait and called a weapon to her hand. "Altimus Asclepian!" She said calling a battering ram sized hypodermic needle. "This. Ends. Now!" She said  rushing at aNoto's leg with a ton of tranquilizer. 

Jasper decided to follow Reverie. "Hey wait up! If your going to the engine room I'll accompany you. I'm the ship's egineer, Jasper." He said extending a hand. "I can tell you whatever ....you ... need to....know?" He trailed off watching Cal and Otsana run by. Well Cal running, Otsana strapped to his back. They were yelling about a fire? "Fire? Why isn't the supresion system kicking in??"
Back to top Go down
http://ashely-virgo.deviantart.com/
WanderingRender
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
WanderingRender

PostSubject: Re: The Pendent Ascendent   The Pendent Ascendent - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 8:10 pm

(Not a problem, Sir Fel.)
Quickly coming out from behind Veseere, Gale saluted to Captain Quay. "Right away, sir!" Despite her prompt response, she was still visibly shaking, which was especially noticeable as she remained at her small size (she is currently small enough to fit in the palm of one's hand. She tends to shrink when frightened in order to hide better).
Then, extending her arms toward Noto, she would begin to shrink the ogress. As she did, her stomach growled once more, though still quietly as before. Years of traveling with Reverie had brought her more heightened control over her instincts, though they were still present.
She turned to Veseere again. "Are you sure I can't eat her? I don't think she wants to be friends."

Speaking of Reverie, the vagabond held his sword in a guard position. He turned to Jasper. "Perhaps he meant this?" He gestured toward Cherfue with the tip of his blade.
"I believe the elemental called it 'Cherufe'. It's an extremely powerful fire-based spirit, from what I can gather."
It wasn't difficult to see how Reverie got that impression. The ghastly being left a scorched path in its wake, and even just being near it was making the vagabond sweat underneath his mask. He decided not to wait for Cherfue to move first. Sheathing his sword (Reverie could not stand to put his blade in danger), the vagabond pulled a necklace from his vest. He preferred to keep it hidden, but now he needed it. Reverie spoke a spell. "À mon maître, pour ma vie!" It was not an ancient spell, rather it had been devised for servants of a particular house. The crest on the pendant began to glow. Had Virgo been present, there might've been trouble. Reverie had never known Virgo before, but Virgo may have known the house whose magical pendant Reverie bore.
Once the vagabond spoke the words, the crest projected a magical barrier. While it would block magical attacks, it was useless against physical attacks.

(Also, I want to apologize in case it seems like I'm trying to just magically introduce a new thing to make a problem go away. That is not my intention. I've been meaning for Reverie to have something that would tie him definitively to what I want his past to be, I just didn't know what it was going to be until now.)

(And in case anybody else wants to recognize the crest in Virgo's absence, the only reason I singled her out was because she's also a noble. It's House Sagesse, for anybody that wants to know.)

(Also, I want to apologize for having so much of my posts be just about my characters. In hindsight, it seems selfish. I'll try to condense my posts to mostly story-relevant content, if you'd prefer.)

(Also, I want to apologize for the number of Author's Notes this particular post has.)

(Sorry.)
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: The Pendent Ascendent   The Pendent Ascendent - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 9:25 pm

Noto looked down at Ves frowning. "You....just wanted to hug me?" She asked looking at the small mage girl as if she must be crazy before spying a huge needle comming at her!! "Waaah! You distractin' me!" She said gritting her teeth then swinging herself around so that the needle would impact Ves's bum! The fiend was able to move much faster than normal now that she was ripped and not so round.

(But we'll let Ves and Fel determine if that hits.)

Aquilo growled. He was full of energy and had nothing to use it on! Stupid little mage..."You can't take somebody down with a HUG! Argh! Noto stand down! She's right Ots is finished, Zeph is dead and Cherufe likely is gone. We have like six people from the crew who are alive plus us! STAND DOWN or I WILL TAKE YOU DOWN, you big blue bitch! He said turning both his hands into writhing lightning bolts as he assumed a fighting pose. This was her last chance.

Cherufe meanwhile finally found some more fuel and it was wrapped in Otsana? Yummo! "Hya ha ha ha! Fire indeed!" It said dashing after them in it's liquid lava form moving about twice the speed of lava it's eyes vissable but it's maw not as it chased them. "Come back! I just want to burn you alive Captain!"

Upon seeing Cherufe Otsana had decided that maybe partnering with these idiots would have to outweigh betraying them. "Aaaah! Keep running, keep running, keeeeeeep runnnnniiiiing! That's Cherufe! Easily the most dangerous, and uncontrollable, member of my crew! More a weapon than a partner." She said worriedly trying to chew the rope on her wrist. "I need to summon the Cerebus Armor if I'm to even have a chance of getting him....er....her? It. Getting it to stop chasing us." She said thinking back. "Or I could use my Hunter's Moon but you IDIOTS broke it." She said looking back at the little pool of liquid fire following them. "I wonder how it got free of Zephyr. Usually it can possess him but it's barely in control then and knows if it uses all it's power it'll turn him to glass and be trapped. He would have had to have shattered completely to release it. Damn! Re-capturing him will be a bitch if we have to but....Noto might be able to safely contain him." She said remembering she hadn't tested Noto since she had proven she could eat a plate of Succuberries in Hot, Hot, Hot Sauce and not even break a sweat. She had meant to then this stupid job had come up.

Back to top Go down
Veseere
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer
Veseere

PostSubject: Re: The Pendent Ascendent   The Pendent Ascendent - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 9:55 pm

"An enemy is only a friend yet to be made Miss Fairy! Also shush you Capn' sometimes all it takes is a kind word to end a conflict rather than violence. Besides you can't just eat a stranger that is really really rude! You at least have to make introductions, and will you quit it with that magic your making my eyes burn!" Veseere would turn her head to address Gale and Quay, her eyes squinting as she raised a palm to match the fairy warding off the shrinkage. "You fairies and your innate ability to shrink. Take the art of magic and make it look like someone tossed a bunch of paint around." Just then Virgo had started to approach with the needle.

"Well of course I just wanted to hug you and extend a greeting. Oh your name is Noto that is quite pretty in a way short and too the point. Thanks for giving her name Aquillo!" Veseere would smile brightly as she spoke to the blue oni. "Of course I am not distraction what are you- ow!" As Noto quickly swung about the needle would indeed pierce through the fanciful robes Veseere had been wearing. "I. Think. That. Is. Going. To. Sca-" As the contents rushed through her body, Vesi would spin in a slight circle and shuffle a few steps away before collapsing to the ground, like a sack of flour, rendered unconscious by Lady Virgo's attempt to help.

Calious would let out a sigh of relief as he passed Reverie in the halls. He was certain that the rogue was more than capable of stalling just about anything with his quick wits and cunning when fighting. "Why anyone would even think keeping a Volcano spirit caged up like a pet is beyond my reasoning. So your only contingency was for you, the one with the mana stores of an inept mage? Had you not bothered playing your trump card as your first hand us 'Idiots' would not have known about it. Luckily for you, Veseere was the one you used your Cerebus Armor in front of which means she should be able to replicate it flawlessly." Just then Calious would burst into the room as Veseere hit the floor. It would probably be an odd scene as the Inu was strapped to the knight in a piggyback fasion as they barreled into the tense scene with the now ripped Oni Noto. "Oh, bollocks just when you nearly get the carrot the stick lifts it away. By Protea's rack could anything else possibly get worse."

Back to top Go down
WanderingRender
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
WanderingRender

PostSubject: Re: The Pendent Ascendent   The Pendent Ascendent - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 15, 2017 2:18 pm

Gale weighed the situation, though her judgement was not quite as sharp as Reverie's. She kept her hands raised threateningly toward Noto, her arms aglow with strange markings. Her body was shaking.
Her voice quavered, but she managed to get out her message. "Surrender now. Or you won't like what happens next. I'm giving you one last chance."
As she spoke, she glanced at Veseere. The small mage had such familiar ideals. It reminded her of a certain rogue. To avoid turning to violence.
It was then that Calious entered the room, Otsana. Upon seeing the pair, the fairy blushed slightly. "Oh, Sir Knight, Miss Inu! You... You wouldn't have overheard my little... Chat with Reverie, would you? I'm terribly sorry if you did. We don't usually fight like that." Just then, she gasped, as if she had forgotten the situation entirely.
"Oh, but we can worry about that later! What brings you in such a rush? Did something happen?"

Reverie stood firm as Cherufe turned to magma. He expanded the barrier to cover the hallway. If it was a magical based form, the barrier would stop it. Otherwise, well, improvisation is required in this line of work. He turned his head toward Jasper, keeping the rest of his body in a guard stance.
"Jasper, was it? Run. I'll deal with this."
Reverie thought for a moment. Aquilo said that it would require something that could withstand extreme heat to capture Cherufe. If he had more time, there were a few people he could've called in for favors. But he did not have time.
'Extreme heat... Extreme heat...' He repeated the words in his head. 'What could withstand that kind of heat?'
Back to top Go down
Lockheed X-17
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Lockheed X-17

PostSubject: Re: The Pendent Ascendent   The Pendent Ascendent - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 15, 2017 7:30 pm

Eredor was running out of options. He still has not enough mana left, and the stomach is shaking like crazy. He soon noticed the acid slowly filling the sac. It was rising fast. He managed to stick into the upper sphincter, but he would not last long. Plus, he felt the entire sac shrink. Fairy magic, he thought.

"Ah shit..." he muttered, before he decide to climb the hell out of there instead. There is no way he could brave the acid, and neither could his nanoblocks withstand it much longer.

Eredor placed his hand inside the hole, and then attached himself. He used his machines to drag him out, and he also spent all the canisters inside her stomach. Good thing they were flammable, he dropped a lit piece of paper and escaped. If he could cut her from the inside, might as well burn her. He felt himself being pushed upwards as the canisters exploded.

On the outside, Mako was severely running out of energy. And the ogress was getting harder and harder. What is this? Videogames? The boss gets stronger as the HP runs low? Too tired to continue, he fled. He was going to grab his treasures and look for something that could help...

"Blast that neko..."

(The blast inside Noto might well burn her. I think. Plus, Mako is too fatigued and Eredor is pretty much trapped. What a troubling scenario...)
Back to top Go down
felarya_refugee
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
felarya_refugee

PostSubject: Re: The Pendent Ascendent   The Pendent Ascendent - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 16, 2017 10:28 am

Virgo winced as Noto used Ves's butt ad a sheild but at least Vessy was now in a world of pink bunnies ridding a chocolate unicorn named Zazzle McDazzle. Virgo dismiszed the needle and danced back. She needed to think if a weapon that could attack Noto without harming Vessy. "Coward! Hiding behind a girl child as your sheild! Face me, villain!" As she saw Mako running by she took an oppertunity to withdraw the map and hand it to him. "Keep that safe for me will you, boy? Good lad! Now I can requip to something that will end this fight." She said doing just that. "Come forth K.O. Boxers!" She said suddenly dressed as a foxy boxer complete with ears abd tail. "Alright! Now it's over, you blob!" She said jumping back and forth shadowboxing in front of Noto.

Quay meanwhile was watching for an opening with mantoid patience. His ocean blue eyes tracing the movements of Noto, Virgo and Vesso....eh whoops...he meant Veseere. He then noticed Virgo wasn't accounting for the fairy between herself and Noto and frowned. "Fairy, get out of the way or you'll end up being sent to the dream scape to join the little mage!" He called out.

Jasper however saw Cherufe barely being held at bay by Reverie and decided this was literally getting to hot for his blood. "A..a Fire Elemental?!  This is nuts!" He cried feeling she shudder. Some of the systems Cherufe had carelessly ploughed into and set on fire were critically damaged and without them.... "I need to get back there an fix the ship! Cam you use your spell to contain that fiery bloke a minute, Mr Mask?" Inquired Jasper to the mercenary.
Back to top Go down
WanderingRender
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
WanderingRender

PostSubject: Re: The Pendent Ascendent   The Pendent Ascendent - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 16, 2017 2:35 pm

Gale rolled out of the way while Virgo took center stage. She then redirected her attention to Mako. "Woah, hold it! Is that Mezzus's Map? I've heard all about him! Can I see it? You guys haven't hurt it, have you? You better not have! Mezzus was a great guy!" She buzzed around Mako, trying to get a better look at the map.
Suddenly, she remembered herself. She floated over to Veseere, picking her up and carrying her to the sidelines, holding the mage's small body as she watched Virgo and Noto fight. After all, it would be rude to just leave her on the ground.

Reverie held the barrier up, blocking Cherfue's advance. It wouldn't hold forever, though. "I've got this. Don't worry about me. I've fought worse." Despite his assurance, it was clear that the vagabond was clearly strained. He slid his feet as if he had to dig in to the floor to keep from being pushed back. He raised his hand and gave Jasper a thumbs up, though it required a bit of effort. "Go."
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: The Pendent Ascendent   The Pendent Ascendent - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 16, 2017 9:35 pm

Noto was dubious of this costume change. "Ha ha ha! Foxy Boxing? You're quite punny but I'm threw playing games and I'm not giving up my...." She realized the fairy had spirited away Ves and the map! "...Rrrggh! I'll rip her wings off!" Said the ogress pounding her chest roaring then belching out fire and Eredor toward's Virgo's rounded orbs tucked into her tank top. "Urrrrrrrrrppppppppp!....Oh man that was a little spicy. Almost caused me some indigestion!" She said chuckling as she got ready to pound the living daylights out of Vixen Virgo with huge ham fist.

Aquilo however was ready for this and flashed behind Noto aiming a strike at her spine. "Enough! I said to surrender and you disobeyed. Disobedient dogs gotta wear shock collars ya know!" He said curving his hand around and wrapping her body in electricity with hand then stopping her other one with his other glowing appendage. "Now, Virgo! Mantis man! Anybody! Just take her out now!!" Demanded Aquilo in desperation.

Cherufe collided with the barrier and tried to find a crack in it....failing that it slithered back and turned into it's 'normal' human mode. "Oooah! That's a dirty trick you did, Mask Boy. Now drop the barrier or-" It stopped as it's own breasts jiggled when it went to point threateningly. It giggled and did it again and again...and again? Oi. "He he he he he! These are fun!" Then it stopped and looked down a curious look crowing it's face as it's eyes flashed. "Hee hee hee! I know how to get to you~" It said suddenly driving itself into the metal platting of the floor which quickly began to glow then melt with Cherufe falling through it with a squee of evil delight....Uh oh....What was it up to now?! The floor beneath Rev would start to glow and give the masked rogue a clue before several small pieces of lava shot through it aimed at him followed with that evil, insane laughter.

"GEEE HEEE HAAA HYHAAA HA HA HA!!"
Back to top Go down
WanderingRender
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
WanderingRender

PostSubject: Re: The Pendent Ascendent   The Pendent Ascendent - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2017 2:45 pm

Gale looked around, her gaze taking turns between Noto, Virgo, Quay, and Veseere. Suddenly, she had a plan. An actual plan.
"You!" She pointed at Virgo. "Get ready for a Fastball! Just point all your hurty bits toward her!"
(Assuming Virgo does so...)
With Virgo in position, Gale puffed up her cheeks and blew a strong wind towards Virgo, propelling the lady towards Noto like a human bullet.
(If she doesn't...)
As Virgo refused to get in position, Gale became slightly flustered. "Come on! It's a good plan! I promise! I've done it with Rev tons of times! You've got to help me here, I can't do it alone!" She gestured her head towards the small girl in her arms. "My hands are full!"

Reverie saw the floor begin to glow and barely dodged the incoming lava. One shot even burned another hole in his already tattered cloak. The barrier wasn't going to work anymore. Putting his pendant back in his vest-pocket, the vagabond still didn't bother drawing his sword. Cherufe was too hot to engage in physical combat.
He thought to himself. 'Hm... Distracted by your own body? Well then, little flame, let's see just how easily distracted you are.'
Leaning against the wall with a very relaxed posture, Reverie made a show of pretending to check his nails through his gloves. "Is that the best you've got? I thought you were their 'Secret Weapon'. I suppose I should've expected less than that though, considering what that elemental said. Can't even work your way out of a glass sculpture." Behind his mask, Rev smiled smugly. Now, he just had to see if Cherufe would take the bait.
Back to top Go down
felarya_refugee
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
felarya_refugee

PostSubject: Re: The Pendent Ascendent   The Pendent Ascendent - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 19, 2017 12:00 am

[size=30]Virgo grinned. "I think I see you plan, green girl. Let us do this!" She said drawing her fist back which began to glow with blue wavy energies then as she felt the wind hit her and propel her forward she activated her Foxy Boxing Outfit's power which was to speed her up and increase the impact of her punches. "Vivid Heaven!" She said releasing a golden upper cut that was so fast Noto had no time to dodge.  After being hit she would fly up and hit the ceiling as she came down Virgo turned on her heal another glowing punch comming at her back this one not as fast but with her in the air there was no dodging it either. "Comet Crusher!" She said thrusting her arm out and sending the muscular ogress through a couch into a bulk head.[/size]

[size=30]"K.O." Said Boxing Vixen Virgo with a cute smile.[/size]

[size=30](Sorry, Sir Jedi. There was no way Noto could doge the first blow and in boxing the first blow is the deciding one if you put enough force into it. ^^; Just watch any Rocky movie or Vivid Strike episode.)[/size]

[size=30]Quay was stunned at how fast the fight was over. The ogress had been pummeled with savage efficiency. Lady Virgo was something else! But that was risky what she just did. Her outfit allowed mobility but her armor rating was nearly the same as if she were wearing nothing at all. "Crewmen, let's get this blue menace to the brig while she's still seeing stars." Ordered the Cap'n and soon they were doing just that. "Well seems we got all of them- what in blazes?!" Asked the Captain as the floor erupted with molten lava balls shooting everywhere. "The hell is this?!" It reminded him of Zephyr's power but...way hotter![/size]

[size=30]Jasper would have concurred but he was too busy heading bellow decks to try and repair the systems Cherufe damaged. He ordered his people to get to work and other mechanical things hopping Cherufe stayed busy upstairs.[/size]
Back to top Go down
Lockheed X-17
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Lockheed X-17

PostSubject: Re: The Pendent Ascendent   The Pendent Ascendent - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 21, 2017 2:21 am

Eredor was flung towards the ceiling of the ogress's mouth. He tried to electrocute her, and it did open the mouth for him. He slipped outside her lips fast enough, but was also thrown away from the uppercut. He was knocked out, and landed on Virgo. She, however, didn't notice it and was now tagged along in battle.

Mako, meanwhile, didn't hear the lady. But he did get that it was an important treasure, so he did the most sensible thing and tucked it under his tuxedo. He skillfully avoided the lava and ran towards the room where he left the treasures. Hopefully, the neko didn't take any yet...
Back to top Go down
felarya_refugee
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
felarya_refugee

PostSubject: Re: The Pendent Ascendent   The Pendent Ascendent - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 21, 2017 8:14 am

(Whoops! Sorry I forgot about you Eredor. That Vivid Uppercut would have ended your career for sure! ^^; Virgo was just a little too fixed on the fight. Also, Sir Jedi~ Please reply~)
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: The Pendent Ascendent   The Pendent Ascendent - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 24, 2017 10:46 pm

(Oh I don't dispute the hit, just the fact that one can win a battle with one punch. Only Saitama can do that. =P Also somebody forgot about Aquilo gripping Noto.)

Aquilo really was beginning to regret working with these big hearted fools. They foolishly allowed their enemies to take advantage of the situation and weren't willing to kill anybody without a Jamaican accent apparently. Oh and they seemed to forget to take into account that their allies were on the battle field and to pull their punches....literally in this case! As Virgo's first Vivid Upper Cut struck Noto she smashed into him driving the air from his lungs. "Ugh!" He said having sense enough to let go and watched as the Comet Crusher (Hadn't he heard that name somewhere before?) struck Noto sending her into a bulk head. "Finaaaally.....Ugh, hey Genderflipped Balboa? You almost killed ME! Try to actually hit our opponents maybe? Sheesh. Amateurs."

Noto was locked up with her former subordinates.They weren't too happy about this and were worried about when Noto awoke that they would be pounded/swallowed whole in frustration.

Otsana raised a eyebrow. "Go out there and fight Noto? Are you crazy?! I'd never-" She froze as she smelled sulfur.
"No....It can't be!" She said catching the door and looking around it to see the floor on fire, which was reflected in her eyes as Cherufe burst through the floor behind Reverie. "Listen Galahad, we need to get off this boat. Now!! Cherufe will burn us both to dust and swallow our souls if we don't!"

Cherufe took Rev's challenge to resurface but was smarter than it's bimboid body appeared and emerged behind him cutting off his escape route and trapping him on a rapidly shrinking piece of deck plating. "You think I'm stupid and weak? I'll burn you to cinders and then we'll see who's laughing, Tuxedo Mask!" It said slowly advancing towards him knowing it had him trapped now with those blue-green eyes burning with vile thoughts.
Back to top Go down
WanderingRender
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
WanderingRender

PostSubject: Re: The Pendent Ascendent   The Pendent Ascendent - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 25, 2017 11:41 am

Reverie was out of options. No time, no escape, and no way to attack.
And still no problem. Cherufe may have cut off Reverie's escape, but she had opened the way for his allies. (After all, you did say that Cherufe is behind Rev from Otsana's point of view. Wink ).
"Seeya later, Hothead." Reverie then launched himself to the ceiling, digging into it with his sword. Then, he whistled.

Gale heard Reverie's whistle, turning in the direction it came from. Pushing past Otsana, Gale stepped into the hallway. Then, she puffed her cheeks once more, blowing a blast of wind down the hallway, strong enough to carry away anything that had not been sufficiently secured. This would include the drops of stray lava, the weakened pieces of deck, and likely Cherufe.
Back to top Go down
felarya_refugee
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
felarya_refugee

PostSubject: Re: The Pendent Ascendent   The Pendent Ascendent - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 07, 2017 12:10 pm

(Sorry I have been gone lately, people. I have been setting up my new DA account. :3 I will try to get back to posting here now.)

Mako would find his treasure hoard was quite intact and stacked in a large crate. However there was something odd stacked on top of it: the Vampire assassin: Black Jack Bauchard! He was hog tied on top of the pile looking throughly irritated and embarrassed upon seeing Mako he tried to gun out the following though his odd red gag:
"Mmfgit mfmnear mfmofdufjn!!"

Cherufe would find themselves blown away and into a wall where it partially melts into it. That is when Cap'n Quay steps in aiming his air-blades at it. "Good idea, fairy! We can cool the magma and it will little more than brittle rock!" He said firing a Vortex Blaster at Cherufe and using his own command of wind magic to cool the air.

Virgo meanwhile yelped and jumped up in suprised when she felt Eredor smooshed between her breats and pulled open her tank glaring down at him with foxy furry. "Just what, may I ask, are you doing in my shirt, sir? Hm?!" She asked dismissing her Knockout Gloves and fishing him out. "For that matter who the bloody hell are you? We seem to have a large number of stowaways this voyage!"

Jasper meanwhile was busy salvaging the ship's damaged parts and jurry rigging them to the one's Cherry hadn't destroyed or fused together. "Bloody hell! He walked through enough of the Engine's core I'm suprised we haven't dropped out of the sky already!" He said to his team as they busied themselves trying to save the Artemis.
Back to top Go down
WanderingRender
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
WanderingRender

PostSubject: Re: The Pendent Ascendent   The Pendent Ascendent - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 07, 2017 3:30 pm

Reverie kept himself dug into the ceiling until the wind stopped. Dislodging his sword, he dove back to the floor. He walked past Quay and began to lean on the cup of his rapier, the point sticking into the floor. It was if every bit of exertion had fallen on him at once. He knew he had been pushing his limits from the start. After a moment of meditation, he braced himself for another round with Cherufe, should it prove necessary. Gale also poised herself to blast the spirit again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Pendent Ascendent   The Pendent Ascendent - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Pendent Ascendent
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Felarya :: General forums :: Role-playing-
Jump to: