Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Angel Types

Go down 
+17
Anime-Junkie
EliteCreature
spike833
Karbo
Archmage_Bael
zelda31
Jætte_Troll
/Fish/
L'Ryn
asaenvolk
Arcamenel
ericnthered123
vegeta002
TheQuantumMechanic
Haar
gwadahunter2222
Zoekin
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
asaenvolk
Marauder of the deep jungle
asaenvolk

Angel Types - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angel Types   Angel Types - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 12:57 am

my originally point was that multiple angels from multiple sources were a good idea, I just added that the original part to state why I thought that was a good idea. Then things got nasty right off from after that.
Back to top Go down
http://asaenvolk.deviantart.com/
zelda31
Roaming thug
Roaming thug

PostSubject: Re: Angel Types   Angel Types - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 6:09 am

Well sorry if I come off as rude but it looks like you started the whole argument. I'll end it with this nothing is ever perfect not even gods so shut up!
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Angel Types   Angel Types - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 9:48 am

so this topic looks relatively untouched now, having been ignored since june, but recently I created an angel character myself (erethriel), who has just one pair of wings.

If you know about angels as described from the christian bible, there are 3 'spheres' of angels each sphere with 3 different types.

* First Sphere (Old Testament sources)
o Seraphim
o Cherubim
o Thrones

* Second Sphere (New Testament sources)
o Dominions
o Virtues
o Powers

* Third Sphere
o Principalities
o Archangels
o Angels
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_angelic_hierarchy (read christian angelic hierarchy here. you can also google angelic hierarchies of different religions though.)
each angel looks a bit different, and their rank/title describes what they do, and so far the named angel ranks are somewhat on par with that.

i like temple angels and guardian angels, but i also think that arcangels and seraphim are necessary to, at least there to make the angels seem a bit more "authentic" if you know what I mean.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Angel Types   Angel Types - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 4:33 pm

Mhh thanks for this clarification, this is interesting ^_^
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
spike833
spike833

PostSubject: Re: Angel Types   Angel Types - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 4:49 pm

Being a huge fan of angels myself, I'm happy to see that we're generally accepting the 9 choirs from angels to seraphim.

However, in the context that Felarya has depicted them so far seems a little, uh, well, seriously out of character.

Angels, in the original context, were already tested in an "Empyrian Heaven", a place where they did not receive sight of God, therefore, allowing them free will.

When Lucifer (meaning "Light Bearer"), the highest and mightiest angel ( a seraphim, no doubt) rebelled against God, he and other angel waged war with those who willingly served God. The good angels, lead by archangel St.Michael, cast the fallen angels into hell.

Of course, Lucifer would become Satan, and his angels would be the demons including, but not limited to sucubbi and incubuses.

Anyways, once the angels had one, they were able to see God, and were 100% pure.

Seeing as though in the Felarya universe, angels can eat humans, and, it might come off as offensive to those who believe in their existence.

Besides that, angels are supposed to be the smartest/fastest/strongest beings in all existence next to God, and if let loose in Felarya, they would be the ultimate UPC.

Angels would no doubt be able to beat any kaiju.

Anyways, to my point:

I recommend that if these angels are further developed in this universe, they would remain closer to the original text, or (like Neon Genesis Evangelion) be merely named after the angels for their powers/wits/etc.

Thats my bit on that.
Back to top Go down
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

PostSubject: Re: Angel Types   Angel Types - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 5:53 pm

Just taking inspiration from that particular mythology G-man. No need to worry a great deal about the precision in relation to the source.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Angel Types   Angel Types - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 9:33 am

Yeah, well as for my posting, I just posted that to help with ideas, I never intended to make all angels in felarra directly represent heaven as christians see it.

(it just came to mind that if any christians from earth ended up in felarya, it might be interesting to see how they respond to angels in felarya XD)
Back to top Go down
spike833
spike833

PostSubject: Re: Angel Types   Angel Types - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 8:49 am

Okay, I was just checking. After all, religion is a very sensitive subject, and if the Felarya Angels were depicted as THE angels seen in christianity, it would make a number of people mad.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Angel Types   Angel Types - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 10:02 am

no doubt, but doesn't it seem like the title "arcangel" would exist for them anyway? i just feel like having that name in there, would make it feel more "heavenly" if you know what i mean. maybe have it some kind of angel thats uncorruptable.
Back to top Go down
spike833
spike833

PostSubject: Re: Angel Types   Angel Types - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 12:01 pm

True.

After all, Evangelion's "angels" were named after different angels, and other religious figures.
Back to top Go down
EliteCreature
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
EliteCreature

PostSubject: HMMM   Angel Types - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 11:00 pm

Well im a southern baptist to start,but i wouldn't add cherubs into this world if i were you.....cherubs can be described as chubby naked babies with wings.....now Seraphim.....Those are different...those are uber beast 6 wings 2 for flying 2 for covering face and 2 for covering chest...they are also very bright..... yeah.....
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Angel Types   Angel Types - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 11:04 pm

EliteCreature wrote:
cherubs can be described as chubby naked babies with wings..
No, that's just how they're depicted in a lot of crappy pop culture:

Quote from wikipedia
"Cherubs are described as winged beings. The biblical prophet Ezekiel describes the cherubim as a tetrad of living creatures, each having four faces: of a lion, an ox, an eagle, and a man. They are said to have the stature and hands of a man, the feet of a calf, and four wings.."
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
EliteCreature
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
EliteCreature

PostSubject: Ezechiel   Angel Types - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 11:11 pm

Ezechiel: That book has some of the greatest prophesies known about the endtimes! (well revelations has more)
Back to top Go down
spike833
spike833

PostSubject: Re: Angel Types   Angel Types - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 8:44 am

Actually, Cherubim are the second highest ranking choir of angels in the original depiction.

CHERUBS (the baby-like ones) are generally used to depict an angel's perfect innocence.
Back to top Go down
EliteCreature
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
EliteCreature

PostSubject: umm?   Angel Types - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 11:39 am

If this is not going to be related in any way to any angel from any religion on Earth...then why are we discussing that now?....why not discuss what we want Felaryan angels to be?

Like Are They gonna be like fairies and can grow? Or are they already gonna be big?
Or- Are they all gonna be female ( um...idk about this...do angels even have gender?...or are we just gonna make a male and a female angel catagory?)
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Angel Types   Angel Types - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 3:26 pm

G-Man1989 wrote:
Actually, Cherubim are the second highest ranking choir of angels in the original depiction.

CHERUBS (the baby-like ones) are generally used to depict an angel's perfect innocence.
1 Cherub, 2 Cherubim.
Cherubim is the plural of Cherub.
Back to top Go down
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

PostSubject: Re: Angel Types   Angel Types - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 7:35 am

Snow Angels

Lots of possibilities in there, just not sure they work in Felarya.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Angel Types   Angel Types - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 7:37 am

gt500x wrote:

Snow Angels
I'm a bit iffy with this. We've got the nagas with elemental affinities often being presented as a subspecies of naga. I don't want to fall into the same trap with angels or anything else.
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: Angel Types   Angel Types - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 1:08 pm

Well, demons seem to fall into elemental scopes on occasion, at least in the case of succubi being divided into fire and ice, as we can see with Arale and Menyssan.

Elemental angels would be interesting, but perhaps should be kept differing from the demons? Nature Angels, Wind Angels, Thunder Angels, etc. etc. They should reflect where they come from - fire and ice demons reflect the frigid and fiery planes of hell.
Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Angel Types   Angel Types - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 1:12 pm

Limiting what elemental types an angel or a demon can be would be a horrible idea because nothing stops the person to use another element for the sole purpose of spiting others and such. Personally, specific types of elemental demon/angel as being completely different sub-species seem to bring much trouble, because one would say there is an angel/demon for every elements. I think it should really be like Ice Succubi are really Acheron Succubi, and the element is really a specialty for the individual.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Angel Types   Angel Types - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 1:55 pm

Sean Okotami wrote:
Limiting what elemental types an angel or a demon can be would be a horrible idea because nothing stops the person to use another element for the sole purpose of spiting others and such.
I agree... To an extent.
Sean Okotami wrote:
Personally, specific types of elemental demon/angel as being completely different sub-species seem to bring much trouble, because one would say there is an angel/demon for every elements. I think it should really be like Ice Succubi are really Acheron Succubi, and the element is really a specialty for the individual.

Jætte_Troll wrote:
Well, demons seem to fall into elemental scopes on occasion, at least in the case of succubi being divided into fire and ice, as we can see with Arale and Menyssan.
It does kind of make sense for fire and ice succubi, since they come from specific parts of hell that have certain conditions, be it freezing cold or fire everywhere. They have to have those traits (fire/cold resistance) to survive. They're subspecies of succubus that have been forced to adapt to their environment. Hell is a place of extremes, be it extreme heat and then fire or extreme cold.

On that note, I agree with what Sean said, ice succubi should be Acheron Succubi and ice magic is just one part of their traits. (Along with the common personality traits and culture). I'm not sure what Fire succubi should be called... But something similar that would be in order.

Quote :
Elemental angels would be interesting, but perhaps should be kept differing from the demons? Nature Angels, Wind Angels, Thunder Angels, etc. etc. They should reflect where they come from - fire and ice demons reflect the frigid and fiery planes of hell.
Is nature really an element? I don't think so*. However you can have a nature affinity. I don't see a need for elemental angels. The Heavens are going to be quite similar in many respects, they don't need to have different magics because the Heavens aren't going to have the extremes of hell. In any case, angels are going to have their holy magic, which should do pretty well for whatever they need to do.

*Note, this is my opinion.

Last edited by Anime-Junkie on Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Angel Types   Angel Types - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 2:00 pm

Nature apparently is an Element in Felarya since it's Crisis' and Terra's affinity. As for Elemental Angels, well, there are fire gods and sun gods and such, so maybe angels working for such deities, if powerful enough to have angel as subordinates, would probably share affinities and traits of the god they serve.
Back to top Go down
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

PostSubject: Re: Angel Types   Angel Types - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 2:07 pm

I'm not saying we make elemental affinities widespread. It's like with the Harpies, just because one species uses wind magic doesn't mean they should all use elements. A Snow Angel can be named such because of where they appear or the way that they appear.

If we need to, we can specify certain species out of each race as the only possessors of elemental affinities.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Angel Types   Angel Types - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 2:11 pm

Well the thing is that, it's very natural that someone, because he saw like a fire, water, earth and air variant of one race, but no lightning or ice, is going to make a lightning or ice variant if only to make the race look more complete. It's going to be quite a chore because you will have to make them distinct. The nagas did it right since their affinity is unique to individuals and usually where they are from, which would mean they evolved to gain such trait.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Angel Types   Angel Types - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 2:16 pm

gt500x wrote:
I'm not saying we make elemental affinities widespread. It's like with the Harpies, just because one species uses wind magic doesn't mean they should all use elements. A Snow Angel can be named such because of where they appear or the way that they appear.
Possibly. Who's going to have a snowy heaven though? (This is an I-have-never-seen-snow-in-my-life Australian speaking, remember).
gt500x wrote:
If we need to, we can specify certain species out of each race as the only possessors of elemental affinities.
If you start saying that a certain sub-species is the only possessor of a certain elemental affinity then you've got the element subspecies. That's what I'm trying to avoid.
gt500x wrote:
species out of each race.
Oh wow, the terminology in that is all wrong. It made me laugh.
It's not your fault though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Angel Types   Angel Types - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Angel Types
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next