Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Felarya MMORPG

Go down 
+21
Archmage_Bael
Anemone
Arcamenel
kdkgsora
Feign
ZionAtriedes
Haar
11cookeaw1
Jætte_Troll
jurodan@gmail.com
Malahite
dlausactor6373
Ravana3k
nksrocks
Sephimink|Kyle
lami
Pendragon
Plombard
Karbo
Cypress
Xeno-the-Hedgehog
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Felarya MMORPG - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felarya MMORPG   Felarya MMORPG - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 12:32 pm

which is why I don't like oblivion too much. The auto-leveling kills it.
Back to top Go down
Yu-Gi-Oh-Lover
Tasty morsel

PostSubject: Re: Felarya MMORPG   Felarya MMORPG - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 8:21 pm

Probably make the game where you choose any character from any game, program his/her attacks and then start fighting predators, or even making them join your party.Man,it would be awesome...Of course,because of the number of badasses on the game,the dimension would implode anyway.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Felarya MMORPG   Felarya MMORPG - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 12:18 am

Please, if you are going to necro-post, do it intelligently.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: Felarya MMORPG   Felarya MMORPG - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 12:58 am

Anime-Junkie wrote:
Please, if you are going to necro-post, do it intelligently.

That comment is borderline at best. Particularly in response to someone's first post. On any forum, there's an expectation for people not to "bite the newbies". And, as a perhaps necessary reminder, this forum's rules state:

"Keep all commentary CIVIL and be courteous at all times. Constructive criticism is welcome, but insults directed towards other users or gratuitously rude, provocative or inflammatory comments will NOT be tolerated."
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Felarya MMORPG   Felarya MMORPG - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 2:05 am

I'm pretty sure I wasn't insulting him, sometimes smart people make less intelligent posts (as I just demonstrated). Anyway, I was in a bit of a hurry before. (Yeah, I know; excuses).
Now that I have time:
Yu-Gi-Oh-Lover wrote:
Probably make the game where you choose any character from any game, program his/her attacks and then start fighting predators, or even making them join your party.Man,it would be awesome...Of course,because of the number of badasses on the game,the dimension would implode anyway.
I'm not so sure this would work. What do you mean "Any character from any game?" Do you mean take characters from already existing franchises?
That wouldn't work at all. Characters from other games would'n't really work that well in Felarya. Sure there are some that would work better than others... But overall, no.
As for joining your party that sounds more like a RPG rather than a MMORPG.

Last edited by Anime-Junkie on Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spellan)
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Yu-Gi-Oh-Lover
Tasty morsel

PostSubject: Re: Felarya MMORPG   Felarya MMORPG - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 9:52 am

Well, what can I do?At least I tried to give an idea.But here's another one:make the most famous predators (ex:Crisis,Drayla,Melany,etc...) the bosses,and the guardians the supreme bosses.Imagine what would happen in this fight...
Back to top Go down
codaman
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: Felarya MMORPG   Felarya MMORPG - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 8:23 am

Hey guys, I know that this thread is pretty much dead, but I think I picked up a decent Idea on how a few things could work.

I have been playing morrowind recently, and personally I didn't believe I would be playing it this much until I realized how badass the game played out. Of course with my luck I killed half of all the imprtant people by accident and resorted in wasting my time becoming god, but I have found that a lot of everyone's good ideas are actually identical to morrowind, which brings me to offer an idea of my own inspired by how morrowind works.

First, an MMORPG is a stretch, even for a low graphic / budget project. Not impossible, but it would require a hell of a lot of dedication from our happy little world here. (It would help if half the people that show up would stop "vanishing". hint hint, ha ha, yay for vore references...) Most of the issue is based on how the story of the game will play out, and how NPC/PCs act. This is where Morrowind kicks me in the head enough times for my idea to surface.

If anyone has played morrowind, they would know about the "menu based" interaction system, which gives you some or a hell of a lot of interactions. From simple conversation to causing in world events, the menu system proves it's salt multiple times over. I have a theory that we could possibly use an identical system. Why? because it could work for many many things.

an example, prey to pred interactions:

You're playing a basic prey class person, whatever it may be, suddenly Crisis (good example for this since I remember hearing how by succesfully getting her mind off of eating you, pretty much gets you off the menu) pops around a tree and enters your range, thus beginning interaction between the target player and Crisis.

When this happens, the player would get the interaction screen in a familiar way you would for a guard coming at you for a crime in Morrowind. At first you would begin with very slim options. Say, "Talk", "Fight", or "Run". Fight and Run are pretty simple to explain, the difference being that run would give better odds of getting a fair headstart before our famous blonde figures out you just turned tail. Odds of surviving from this point depends entirely on how the rest of that plays out, but by chance if you chose Talk, then the menu choice interaction really comes to life.

First, after choosing talk you are given a few options of things to say, be it "Please don't eat me!" or just "Hello.". After choosing something then Crisis would provide her response, from speaking back or turning you into a snack. This puts the odds of surviving the encounter on how the player chooses to act. Sometimes possibly no matter what you say you'll ultimately have to run, but let's say you stumble upon an option that catches Crisis's attention. Boom, you're on your way to becoming the negotiator. (I'm tired as hell... so my jokes aren't very lively.)

If you succeed in changing her mind about eating you, then you can simply turn and continue on, or possibly gain a predator as an ally. (Won't bother you in the future, won't try to eat you, etc.) So not only can you run like hell and get better at it, you can give your speech skills some exercise and become the predator whisperer.

This could also work for simple things like shops, but with the right thinking it's uses are practically limitless. Wink

Yes, that is my more than likely failed attempt to relight this candle, don't go shooting me down please. I know that we can't use the same exact setup as morrowind does, but it doesn't take a genius to figure out how we could make something similar, but with it's own unique feel.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Felarya MMORPG   Felarya MMORPG - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Felarya MMORPG
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3