Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cross-breeding?

Go down 
+7
Oldman40k2003
vegeta002
/Fish/
Malahite
11cookeaw1
Jætte_Troll
Nyaha
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

Cross-breeding? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cross-breeding?   Cross-breeding? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 11:03 am

FurryKurry wrote:
Where's all this science coming from? Isn't this a fantasy world? At least, for all we know... >.> ^.^
I'm just a science guy. I like having explanations for things, and for me it's simpler to just apply science than go "Magic did it" in most instances. Also makes it harder for people to throw rants over when it's further supported.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Cross-breeding?   Cross-breeding? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 11:05 am

Nyar, well either way...

BEWARE THE VAMPIRE-NEKO!!! :evil:
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

PostSubject: Re: Cross-breeding?   Cross-breeding? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 11:12 am

Malahite wrote:
/Fish/ wrote:
I'm sure vampires can have sex. I'm also sure that they can't have children.
Obviously you've never read Twilight.

Sorry, I think you're mistaking vampires for Twilight Monsters. I will forgive you this time.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Cross-breeding?   Cross-breeding? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 11:16 am

Nyar, i wonder how fish blood tastes? >: D
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

PostSubject: Re: Cross-breeding?   Cross-breeding? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 11:26 am

Sorry, but Twilight Monsters- or VINO: (Vampire In Name Only)- are to vampires what zilla is to Godzilla.
Back to top Go down
Oldman40k2003
Oldman40k2003

PostSubject: Re: Cross-breeding?   Cross-breeding? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 7:20 pm

Malahite wrote:
Oldman40k2003 wrote:
Hybridization of any two species it probably possible if enough magic is used to "patch things up".
But then that's not standard hybridization. These would more likely be a sterile creation by some wizard as an experiment than a natural occurrence.

If they're sterile (and if that is a problem), then you just use MORE magic! Very Happy

Once you've got the hybrid's DNA mixed together making them un-sterile is the "simple" matter of making sure their mixed DNA codes to reproductive organs that are designed to produce this mixed DNA.
Back to top Go down
http://oldman40k2003.deviantart.com/
nksrocks
Marauder of the deep jungle
nksrocks

PostSubject: Re: Cross-breeding?   Cross-breeding? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 6:06 am

I've done this kind of stuff before with my characters.

Example:
A -human?- genetically and spiritually engineered, ---- spoiler ----> it has a good percentage of Naga blood.
A naga halved with an ancient unknown being.
A demi-goddess, daughter of a God and a Naga (I menction the greek legends about the minotaur)
Their cross-breed doesn't alter their appearance (not in the case of the demi-goddess Quetzal) normally but they can mutate.

Maybe this is not "proper" crossbreeding. But I think that even stuff like this should do. It's all about the background of the characters, after all.

So:
it doesn't matter -what- you need to merge, think of an absurd way to do it in his/her/??? story and everything can be possible.
Back to top Go down
http://nksrocks.deviantart.com/
Feign
Feign

PostSubject: Re: Cross-breeding?   Cross-breeding? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 11:32 am

With the Vampire stuff, I wouldn't be surprised if it's fairly easy for Damphir to occur once a Vampire gets into Felarya. The amount of ambient life magic just coming up from the soil would be enough to raise the chances. I agree with Fish's assessment of Vampires in Name Only, but even with World of Darkness vampires (which I consider pretty thoroughly adhering to the traditional vampire lore), enough life magic can at least temporarily make such things possible.
Back to top Go down
zelda31
Roaming thug
Roaming thug

PostSubject: Re: Cross-breeding?   Cross-breeding? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 12:16 pm

the regenerative properties of the soil could give vampires another method of reproduction rather than the usual blood drain actually makes sense to some degree at least
Back to top Go down
Whiteagle
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Whiteagle

PostSubject: Re: Cross-breeding?   Cross-breeding? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 4:50 pm

Uh... I have an idea about this... but it involves my idea for a new race of Slug Girl...
If you are intrested, talk to me about it here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cross-breeding?   Cross-breeding? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cross-breeding?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2