Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Felaryan Technology

Go down 
+7
vegeta002
Raveolution
zelda31
Archmage_Bael
Malahite
ZionAtriedes
Flare
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

Felaryan Technology - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Technology   Felaryan Technology - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 10:10 pm

Now, if I can address an earlier topic... it seems true that the Guardians seem very anti-human. Now, this will sound strange coming from me, a very pro-human writer (no quarter for the enemies of Man!), but humans are definitely the only major threat to Felarya as a world. Humans seem to be the only canon species that industrializes on a massive scale, and we all know there are civilizations with bases in Felarya that would love to conquer it. Preds really just look out for themselves, even fairies within their "kingdom". They don't seek to conquer, to build, or to produce machinery and strip resources. Even Felarya's "magic" could be mined in a way... think of my earlier mention of some Gaean tech being powered by ambient eldritch energy, and how much of an energy boom Felarya would provide. Massive cities would destroy forests, and eventually the Banner of Man would fly over what used to be a lush world, now covered in steel and concrete... as seems to have happened on many other worlds not protected by Guardians.

As for turncoat fairies... my only major non-human character (for now), Emmis, is a fairy whose life was saved by Cephas, and she swore her allegiance to the Jurdean tribes... in fact, in one chapter, she eats several pantaurs in order to help the Jurdean warriors defend their camp.
Back to top Go down
Raveolution
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Raveolution

Felaryan Technology - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Technology   Felaryan Technology - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 1:24 am

rcs619 wrote:
French snack wrote:
Raveolution wrote:
aside from maybe Rin, there are no preds (at least no canonical ones) who defend humans (aside from their one particular human friend) from other preds.

Jade. (Is she considered canon? I think she is.)

Umm...how about Cypress? she's kind of important and she protects humans. Fiona helps some of the humans she comes across, although she doesn't protect any group in particular.
Well, as long as you're not the idiot that Gunther gave a chainsaw to offer her as a birthday present. Very Happy

Quote :
...and if Jade isn't canon yet (I believe she is) Then its only a matter of time.
One can hope...

Quote :
Raina, my fairy, doesn't eat humans at all, and is a healer who helps humans and predators alike. She isnt canon yet though...but im working on that =P
Hmmm... it would be very interesting to see what Karbo's thoughts are on making fan-made characters canon...
Back to top Go down

Felaryan Technology
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2