Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Monster Hunter

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
FalconJudge
Hero
Hero
FalconJudge

Monster Hunter Empty
PostSubject: Monster Hunter   Monster Hunter Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 5:31 pm

Just thought I'd post it here since the series is gaining in popularity: anyone here play any Monster Hunter games?
Back to top Go down
http://falconjudge2.deviantart.com/
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

Monster Hunter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter   Monster Hunter Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 7:30 pm

I played only the PS2 version, I try to have the psp ones but I'm in need of money Sad
The game is interesting but it's very fun to play in group alone you will get bored easily.
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
Slimetoad
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Slimetoad

Monster Hunter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter   Monster Hunter Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 1:10 am

I only bought Tri like last year and it has become one of my favourite franchises ever. I love the whole idea of the setting, and the clear feeling of an ecosystem they're pulling on each and every creature in it.

I still think Monster Hunter would be more or less what would come out if you took the giant preds in Felarya and removed their sapience
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Monster Hunter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter   Monster Hunter Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 7:48 pm

I have a wii now, so I'm planning on getting MH3 if anyone's interested. I know at least one other felarya member who has MH3 as well.

Likewise, I believe there was a thread dedicated to video game names so we could find each other on consoles and PC and stuff.
Back to top Go down
EdgedWeapon
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
EdgedWeapon

Monster Hunter Empty
PostSubject: PSP ABC   Monster Hunter Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 4:17 am

I bought Monster Hunter Freedom Unite for the PSP, and had a fairly good time playing it, but then I bought Monster Hunter Tri for the Wii, and was slightly dissapointed. Maybe because it's mostly the same thing, like you have almost the same weapons and 90% of the enemies are just different coloured versions of the same four creatures.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great series, I just expected more of an improvement in a sequel.
Back to top Go down
Slimetoad
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Slimetoad

Monster Hunter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter   Monster Hunter Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 6:24 am

Actually Tri has pretty much no recolors, it's all largely new monsters and old originals

With Rathalos and Rathian it doesn't count because they're the male and female of the same species
Back to top Go down
EdgedWeapon
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
EdgedWeapon

Monster Hunter Empty
PostSubject: Thanks    Monster Hunter Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 1:32 pm

Yeah, sorry. I got about twenty minutes into Tri, found my self fighting a creature which reminded me of a velociraptor, thought "What! You again?" and logged out. I'll probably play more now I know the monsters are better.
Back to top Go down
Slimetoad
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Slimetoad

Monster Hunter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter   Monster Hunter Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 3:07 pm

Those aren't even the same raptors. Have you never heard of regional counterparts? XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Monster Hunter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter   Monster Hunter Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Monster Hunter
Page 1 of 1