Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wiki corrections

Go down 
+46
DarkOne
Mr. I
Jacques_W
Pendragon
gwadahunter2222
Ilceren
McKindle
2Ron2R
EvilGenius
jedi-explorer
Solomon
walkingbyself
/Fish/
Amaroq
ZionAtriedes
kaitheguy1234
Black Aquila
buddha66667
PrinnyDood
Goldclaw
Pim18
Krisexy26
Asuroth
asaenvolk
rcs619
Jasconius
Jætte_Troll
MrNobody13
Moon eyes
ravaging vixen
CauldronBorn24
TheLightLost
Archmage_Bael
DaNoob13
aethernavale
Anime-Junkie
Nyaha
Oldman40k2003
AisuKaiko
Stabs
Jew
French snack
ambrose-euanthe
Shady Knight
Karbo
Chris Nemo
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Pim18
Marauder of the deep jungle
Marauder of the deep jungle
Pim18

Wiki corrections - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 3:12 am

Oldman40k2003 wrote:
Pim18 wrote:
I could be wrong(english is not my main language)
But in the fairy kingdom page:

Tasenya Bridge

A bridge from the Sunfall thicket leading to the west toward Akaptor desert. The name Tasenya is that of a powerful ghosts who used to rule and terrorize the region and was defeated by fairies long ago

Is it one ghost or multiple? And if there are more then one then I think it 'were' not 'was'

Fixed.

While my deduction that the ghost was singular is not foolproof (because English is not Karbo's native language), the "a" in "The name Tasenya is that of a powerful..." heavily implies that there was only one ghost.
If there were multiple ghosts, the sentence probably would have looked like this: "The name Tasenya is that of a group of powerful ghosts who used to rule and terrorize the region and was defeated by fairies long ago." or (maybe) this: "The name Tasenya is the name of the powerful ghosts who used to rule and terrorize the region and was defeated by fairies long ago".

Typically one can not replace "who" with "were", because "who" deals with people (and it is a pronoun), and "were" is... well it is hard to describe, but one of the things it is, is a verb, so typically it can't replace a pronoun. As far as pluralization goes, "who" is both singular and plural. Examples: "Who are these bandits?" (a plural use), "Lone shadowy figure, who are you!?" (singular use), "Who are you?" (singular or plural).

Ok thanks for poitning out.
Back to top Go down
buddha66667
Great warrior
Great warrior
buddha66667

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 9:29 pm

The link to echydins on the Misty glade entry doesn't bring up an article just the Marsh Fauna page, it appears that the echydins entry is on the Fauna page not the Marsh Fauna page.
Back to top Go down
Oldman40k2003
Oldman40k2003

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 10:36 pm

Fixed that broken link and other broken "echydin" links.
Back to top Go down
http://oldman40k2003.deviantart.com/
Black Aquila
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Black Aquila

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 6:21 am

The links for Thas Voidfingers and Ramtov Telekline in that little "Characters of Felarya" box are broken.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 8:50 am

fixed, thanks
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 1:09 pm

In the Shaper's Guild section of the Ryzelm'oire section in "Sea Depths", the "examples" of things that have come out of the Shaper's guild link no longer seems to work.
Back to top Go down
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 1:38 pm

GlobFish wrote:
In the Shaper's Guild section of the Ryzelm'oire section in "Sea Depths", the "examples" of things that have come out of the Shaper's guild link no longer seems to work.

That's because the page it once linked to has been deleted.

Karbo, when you want to change a page's name, it's best to use the "Move" function. If you copy/paste and then delete, you end up with broken/red links.

I've changed the old page into a redirect to the new one. Thanks, Glob.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 2:26 pm

Yes I guess I should do that. It's just that, instinctively, I have a mefiance against redirects ^^; ( probably irrationnal though lol )
Back to top Go down
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 2:44 pm

They're quite harmless, really. And rather useful. Razz
Back to top Go down
Oldman40k2003
Oldman40k2003

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 7:24 pm

Especially when you redirect page A to page B, and redirect page B to page A. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://oldman40k2003.deviantart.com/
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 5:14 pm

Kaiten and Namesta are listed under Felaryan naga species when they are, in fact, offworlders.
Back to top Go down
http://aisukaiko.deviantart.com
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 2:36 pm

Quote :
Once marked, every time your go to sleep

Nemesis entry.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 2:47 pm

Quote :
The reign of Sineria

that is in the chronology event. Gosh, put a capital R on reign! Razz

Quote :
After the fall of Sineria, various minor powers emerge, but not to the extent of the Sagolian empire or the dridder Kingdom.

Same thing here Razz capital D on dridder Kingdom. This sentence is the first in Rise of Negav
Back to top Go down
http://krisexy26.deviantart.com/
kaitheguy1234
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
kaitheguy1234

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 8:55 am

On the succubus page. In the picture including Faldhatee, her name is misspelled as "Faldathée"
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 2:04 am

ok fixed ^^
Back to top Go down
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 5:32 pm

I'm inclined to think that this would already have been pointed out, but...
Quote :
The vast majority of Felaryan forms of life are carnivorous and, for some reason, seem to have developed a liking for swallowing their prey (mostly adventurers) whole and alive!

I was under the impression that it had been agreed across the board that adventurers were not a staple food source for the vast majority of predators. That parenthetical statement would testify otherwise. Also, the paragraph it is contained within states that hybrid predators are the main danger of Felarya, which I think was also revised.

This is on the main page, of all places, under "Dangers". Its prominent location leads me to believe I cannot be the first to point this out, but I apologize for not perusing each page of this thread to verify.
Back to top Go down
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 6:28 pm

Quote :
A huge bridge linking the kingdom to the nothern coast region. It's also called "the bridge of war", having been used a long time ago by a tribe of fairy to invade that nothern

i think noRthern should be the right word Razz (grey bridge in fairy kingdom)

Quote :
Inded, any parasitic invertebrate

Isnt IndEEd? Razz in the mangurr's text Smile
Back to top Go down
http://krisexy26.deviantart.com/
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 1:39 am

ZionAtriedes wrote:

I was under the impression that it had been agreed across the board that adventurers were not a staple food source for the vast majority of predators. That parenthetical statement would testify otherwise. Also, the paragraph it is contained within states that hybrid predators are the main danger of Felarya, which I think was also revised.

This is on the main page, of all places, under "Dangers". Its prominent location leads me to believe I cannot be the first to point this out, but I apologize for not perusing each page of this thread to verify.

That's a point of content, so I'll leave it to Karbo.

Krisexy26 wrote:
Quote :
A huge bridge linking the kingdom to the nothern coast region. It's also called "the bridge of war", having been used a long time ago by a tribe of fairy to invade that nothern

i think noRthern should be the right word Razz (grey bridge in fairy kingdom)

Quote :
Inded, any parasitic invertebrate

Isnt IndEEd? Razz in the mangurr's text Smile

Thanks; fixed.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 5:34 pm

In the Inu entry it has been wrote:
They possess sharpe senses as well
In the Inu entry it has been wrote:
sharpe
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 1:45 am

Thank you, it's fixed
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 7:21 am

The Saslenoth links to Jungle Fauna page 2, but its entry is in the Dimensionally Unstable Terrain. Credit for the creation of them is also given in the Jungle Fauna page 2 instead of Dimensionally Unstable Terrain.
Back to top Go down
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 11:38 am

Sean Okotami wrote:
The Saslenoth links to Jungle Fauna page 2, but its entry is in the Dimensionally Unstable Terrain.

Not sure what you mean here. It links to it from where?

Quote :

Credit for the creation of them is also given in the Jungle Fauna page 2 instead of Dimensionally Unstable Terrain.

Fixed; thanks.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 12:33 pm

In the Forest of Whisper, the Saslenoth links to Jungle Fauna page 2. But I think it may be the case in other pages.
Back to top Go down
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 3:08 am

Sean Okotami wrote:
In the Forest of Whisper, the Saslenoth links to Jungle Fauna page 2. But I think it may be the case in other pages.

It is; I've fixed them too. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 6:28 am

I know this isn't really typographical errors and that Negav's chronology is work in progress, but I have noticed a contradiction. In there, Tonho is the last mention of the Neko King. However, for the longest time, Negav's entry alluded that the last one in power before the Magiocrats was Micolon. If Tonho is part of its name, it should be made clearer, as the two entries seem to disagree on who was the last ruler during the Great Destruction.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wiki corrections
Page 8 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 21  Next