Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wiki corrections

Go down 
+46
DarkOne
Mr. I
Jacques_W
Pendragon
gwadahunter2222
Ilceren
McKindle
2Ron2R
EvilGenius
jedi-explorer
Solomon
walkingbyself
/Fish/
Amaroq
ZionAtriedes
kaitheguy1234
Black Aquila
buddha66667
PrinnyDood
Goldclaw
Pim18
Krisexy26
Asuroth
asaenvolk
rcs619
Jasconius
Jætte_Troll
MrNobody13
Moon eyes
ravaging vixen
CauldronBorn24
TheLightLost
Archmage_Bael
DaNoob13
aethernavale
Anime-Junkie
Nyaha
Oldman40k2003
AisuKaiko
Stabs
Jew
French snack
ambrose-euanthe
Shady Knight
Karbo
Chris Nemo
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
AuthorMessage
French snack
French snack

Wiki corrections - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 1:01 am

I've fixed the plural. As for the second point, I think it's obvious enough what it means.
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 9:03 pm

http://www.felarya.com/wiki/index.php?title=Gorgons

Found this little error here, quite well tucked away I'll give it, but there's something wrong here:

The Wiki wrote:
Every gorgon has great natural skills in divination magic, while allow them to see things in the future.

I believe it should be "will" allow them to see things in the future? I could be wrong but that word does seem out of place somehow.
Back to top Go down
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 4:18 am

It should be "which". I've fixed it. Smile
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 6:41 pm

French Snack wrote:
It should be "which". I've fixed it. Smile

Aha! I KNEW it was something bugging me. I'm not too good at grammar anymore, but I had it drilled into me in home school so I can tell when something is wrong. ^_^

Speaking of wrong I found something that just seems very glaringly wrong to me:

The Wiki wrote:
Edgar Dragon

Size: 40 feet
Threat: Moderate

A strange and rare creature living in several magic-rich zones of Felarya. They stand on their hind legs, having no front ones, and posses large, delicate, colorful pixie wings. They have two heads, each adorned by long antennas, each head having its own personality and mind. Their body doesn't actually looks very draconic, and no one know how they got their name or who this Edgar is. Edgar dragons are clever creatures and very capable of speech but with one little restriction: they can speak only in rhymes. They do it amazingly naturally, though. Interestingly enough, if you manage to make a Edgar dragon say an unrhymable word, the beast will collapse unconscious, and will sometimes even die.

Now there's no spelling errors, and I'm sorry if this is the wrong thread but I looked all over for a thread for fixing specific articles and didn't find one, so I figured I'd address this here. It doesn't seem like a problem right? I mean it's spelled right and all, but um...It's Threat Rating is puzzling. It has a Moderate rating so ...what makes it dangerous? I don't see anything about it that's particularly predatory or magical. If anything it seems quite comical, but not worthy of a Moderate...Unless it fainted and fell on you. XD But that's not even stated!
Back to top Go down
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 8:08 am

Jetbikes have a rearcar, like a sidecar on a motorcycle, but at the back. This is usually fitted with a padded seat for their passengers, but can be removed in order to carry a small amount of cargo, usually precious items or treasures. wrote:

I've been meaning to ask about this part about Jetbikes in the wiki, how exactly does a jet engine propelled vechile drag a rearcar behind it when the main thrusters will obviously be facing that direction in order to thrust the vechile forward?

Because...ugh...woulden't the rearcar and the person in it be consumed by the massive flame of the afterburner?

Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 8:17 am

DarkOne wrote:

I've been meaning to ask about this part about Jetbikes in the wiki, how exactly does a jet engine propelled vechile drag a rearcar behind it when the main thrusters will obviously be facing that direction in order to thrust the vechile forward?

Because...ugh...woulden't the rearcar and the person in it be consumed by the massive flame of the afterburner?

Maybe a little basket on the front would be better? XD
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 5:34 pm

Nyaha wrote:
DarkOne wrote:

Maybe a little basket on the front would be better? XD

Now I must draw Tam's jet bike with a basket on the front and a cute little neko ridding along. XD Otherwise this image will stay in my head forever.
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 7:54 pm

Found littlle problem in the fauna page:

The Wiki wrote:
Ostralik

Size: 25 feet on their long legs.
Threat: Moderate

This strange creature is a mix between a giant ostrich and a reptile. It possesses a very long, outstretched neck, a reptilian head, scales in place of feathers and a semi-transparent body. Their legs are sturdy and long which makes them very fast and agile runners. Ostraliks are voracious, and will eat anything that seem even remotely edible. Their maw, throat and stomach are amazingly stretchable and can accommodate very large prey. If the prey looks like an easy target, the Ostralik will simply try to snatch and swallow it right away. If the prey is tougher, the Ostralik will use its powerful legs to stunt it and knock it down first.

Stunt should be stun, unless it stuns you by ridding around on a unicycle or something. XD
Back to top Go down
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 2:55 am

Thanks; fixed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2014 7:47 am

On Subeta's page, I found a little error (can't link because of newbiness)

Paragraph 2, line 9, Word 1

"Her love for exploration and her independence also make her a good partner and friend to Léa."

In the context of the sentence, I'm pretty sure it should be "makes"
Back to top Go down
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2014 8:06 am

ILikeTrains72 wrote:
On Subeta's page, I found a little error (can't link because of newbiness)

Paragraph 2, line 9, Word 1

"Her love for exploration and her independence also make her a good partner and friend to Léa."

In the context of the sentence, I'm pretty sure it should be "makes"

No, "make" is actually correct. There are two cited elements that make her a good friend.

But thanks all the same. Smile
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 8:40 am

Wasn't the jetbike AJ's creation? We probably should have asked him for clarification.
Back to top Go down
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 9:46 am

Well after some thought I think a rearcar at the back of a jetbike will work, but only if the Jetbike isn't using it's jet afterburner and is using a normal motor, which means a Jetbike would have two different methods of propulsion.

Which would make sense, a jet engine as the only method of propulsion sounds very limited to me, it can only work in clear open spaces without anything in your way (like the desert or above the treetops) but your screwed if your forced into more tighter areas (like the forest ground) The forest might be gaint and the trees would be more spaced apart, but driving a jetengine on ground level will still be suicidal, at speeds that can "outrun a Harpie" those trees will still require amazing reflexes (and god help you if you hit a area of very thick shrubland)

So it does make sense that the jetbike would be a hybrid, a Jetengine when it needs to go really fast in a wide open space, and a regular engine that can be switched to when they require more slow and precise movement.

So in that case, when the jetengine is not being used, a Jetbike piliot might see it fit to temporary fit a rearcar at the back, depending on his/her needs.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 10:17 am

Speaking of the rear car, there's also this that bugs me:

Quote :
Jetbikes either come in single person or pilot and passenger seats. The latter is more common, as private ownership is often unavailable for anyone but the richest people, not to mention that the amount of skill required to pilot one is considerable. In order to carry a passenger or cargo, Jetbikes have a rearcar, like a sidecar on a motorcycle, but at the back.

So, what I'm getting at is that it's more common for Jetbikes to have passenger seats, but they don't come with passenger seats, you have to outfit them with a rear car, so the first line is a total lie; all Jetbikes are single-seat.  Consistency!

Now that I think about it, the design for the Jetbikes as a whole is just awful.  First of all, I think it's quite obvious that outfitting a sidecar in the back, where the propulsion is most likely located, is a terrible idea.  Even a regular sidecar wouldn't be a good idea.  I think Jetbikes should essentially be something akin to a flying Humvee.  It transport both personnel and cargo without the need of any sidecar and you can outfit it with a variety of weapon.  I'm sure vixen can elaborate more on the specs of Humvees, but I think you get the idea.  Of course, Jetbikes would have a radically different design and their dimensions might be bigger or relatively the same, but I think functionally it should be similar.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 10:40 am

Oh, so like some kind of offroad hover vechile?

Had a simular idea to that almost two years ago

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/Adammarketis/Nyancar.jpg
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 9:29 am

Found me one while looking for some horrors to encounter at night in Felarya~
The Wiki wrote:
Wandering nightmares are grotesque creatures, seemingly made out of pure darkness. Their appearance, size, intelligence and aggressiveness vary a lot. Some of them are merely harmless pranksters, while some others display nothing but pure savagery, hunting in deadly packs. Wandering nightmares are said to be expressions of Déméchrelle's troubled sleep. Some theorize they are originally parts of her that somehow became independent and now roam Tenebra maze, the Evernight forest, and even others parts of Felarya. It is said that, when a place become dark enough, wandering nightmares have a chance of appearing..

I think it shouldn't be present tense. It should be Became. Am I right?
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 9:40 am

No, it works in the present tense, as in, when a place becomes dark enough, as in "when it's a particularly dark night", or "when you reach a point where there is no natural light at all" wandering nightmares have a chance of appearing.  It should, however, be spelled with an "s" at the end.
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 9:51 am

Shady Knight wrote:
No, it works in the present tense, as in, when a place becomes dark enough, as in "when it's a particularly dark night", or "when you reach a point where there is no natural light at all" wandering nightmares have a chance of appearing.  It should, however, be spelled with an "s" at the end.

Oh I see that now. o.o Huh English is a tricky language. Hard to believe I used to able to do this stuff while half asleep in high school.  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 9:40 am

What page is it on?
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 5:53 pm

Eliocanthe
Size: 6 feet wingspan
Threat: Low
A strange bird with and elongated body and two pairs of wings.

Can you spot the typo?
Back to top Go down
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2014 3:31 am

Fixed.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 9:54 am

http://www.felarya.com/wiki/index.php?title=Religions#Cult_of_Klonk

""That which goes up must, in time must also come down.""

I don't suppose this could be worded a little more regally, or at least have one of the redundant "must"s taken out?

Edit: http://www.felarya.com/wiki/index.php?title=Negav%27s_Underground

Under New Chargate Prison, there is a link in the words "blinded ones" which goes here: http://www.felarya.com/wiki/index.php?title=Culture_and_Customs#The_Blinded

I think it needs to be redirected to here: http://www.felarya.com/wiki/index.php?title=Human_Culture#The_Blinded
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 11:56 am

Thanks; fixed.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 10:39 am

Here's some fun trivia: did you know that the Sea Krait Nagas hyperlinks in the Island of Topazial Sea page link to the Naga page and not specifically the Sea Krait Naga page?
Back to top Go down
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 3:20 am

Fixed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 19 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wiki corrections
Page 19 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next