Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wiki corrections

Go down 
+46
DarkOne
Mr. I
Jacques_W
Pendragon
gwadahunter2222
Ilceren
McKindle
2Ron2R
EvilGenius
jedi-explorer
Solomon
walkingbyself
/Fish/
Amaroq
ZionAtriedes
kaitheguy1234
Black Aquila
buddha66667
PrinnyDood
Goldclaw
Pim18
Krisexy26
Asuroth
asaenvolk
rcs619
Jasconius
Jætte_Troll
MrNobody13
Moon eyes
ravaging vixen
CauldronBorn24
TheLightLost
Archmage_Bael
DaNoob13
aethernavale
Anime-Junkie
Nyaha
Oldman40k2003
AisuKaiko
Stabs
Jew
French snack
ambrose-euanthe
Shady Knight
Karbo
Chris Nemo
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
AuthorMessage
French snack
French snack

Wiki corrections - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 6:21 am

"Coming there" is not strictly incorrect here. It may indeed sound a little odd, but it's a matter of perspective. (As the fairies see it, people arriving in their realm are "coming".)
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 7:38 am

Yeah, but the rest of the article doesn't seem like it's written from that perspective. If someone were reading that article in-universe, chances are they'd be an expeditionist or researcher in Negav or other such location, in which case "going there" would make more sense.
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 7:46 am

True… It's not wrong, but I've changed it to "going", as it does make more sense.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2014 3:47 pm

Not a typo, but there's a funny inconsistency in one of Negav's articles. It says that the Negav Bath's building straddles the Higher and Middle Tier, but if you look at the map of the city, it's actually nowhere near the Higher Tier.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 8:41 pm

Trapdoor Dridders wrote:
This means that if you avoided being caught when the creature leap from its burrow, you are not off the hook yet.

A tensing issue here I noticed whil researching which base to build a new male dridder from. Leap should be leaped I think. ^_^
Back to top Go down
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 3:56 am

jedi-explorer wrote:
Trapdoor Dridders wrote:
This means that if you avoided being caught when the creature leap from its burrow, you are not off the hook yet.

A tensing issue here I noticed whil researching which base to build a new male dridder from. Leap should be leaped I think. ^_^

Fixed.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2015 5:39 am

Da Wiki wrote:
A silver succubi will show her true expressions only to very close friends, making them very good at bluffing and deception.
Technically, there are two ways to correct this one, but which one will you pick? The choice is yours and yours alone.
Back to top Go down
Fanara
Helpless prey
Fanara

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 11:36 am

I was just looking through the wiki for how fast leviathans travel, and it says 200 miles per day. now, that seemed fine until I did the math, and it equals 8.3 mph/13.4 kph. the wiki also says leviathans are "not terribly slower that modern vessels", that cruise at 22 knots (25.3 mph/40.7 kph) I also looked at how fast the blue whale swims, which is 31 mph/50 kph. so it might be better to say that leviathans can travel 500 miles in one day, or maybe even 1000 miles to seem more realistic.

so here's to saying "it just don't seem right" and I hope it gets looked at
Back to top Go down
http://fanara.deviantart.com
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2015 12:35 pm

You forget one thing: Leviathan mermaids are living creatures.  They need to dedicate time to rest and sleep, and once in a while, to hunt for food.  At 25.3 mph, you can cover around 200 miles in roughly eight hours, or close to seven hours at 31 mph.  I don't know about you, but I think swimming for eight hours straight, let alone 24 hours, would get very tiresome after a while. 500 miles at 25.3 mph would take almost 20 hours, and a little over 16 hours at 31 mph. 1000 miles would take 39 and a half hours to cover at 25.3 mph and just a little over 32 hours at 31 mph. Unless those mermaids are somehow cyborgs and have unlimited energy, I don't see them swimming for this many hours without stopping.
Back to top Go down
Fanara
Helpless prey
Fanara

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2015 1:29 am

Its their purposed speed that I'm trying to get at. Because, If they are as agile as their smaller cousins, then they should be able to travel much faster than modern vessels. For example, gliding along at 1 mile per hour, relative to human size, that multiplies to 100+ miles per hour when you factor in the size difference. And at that speed, they would only have to swim for 6 hours before going farther than modern ships can go in one day.
Back to top Go down
Bandur Khan
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
Bandur Khan

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2015 1:36 am

Yeah - and then they need about 12 Miles to stop, because of their Speed and their Mass Moment of Inertia. Big Deal. I however think they are more pretty relaxed. Because if You are this enormous - what could be there to make You rush?
Back to top Go down
Fanara
Helpless prey
Fanara

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2015 2:25 am

Ok. But suggesting they're slower than something they're 7 times larger than?
Back to top Go down
Bandur Khan
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
Bandur Khan

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2015 2:36 am

Suggest that a huge sentient Being has a huge sentient Brain? For Example...

Whales aren´t that fast - but they are smart. And sometimes they cooperate.

And Whales can´t even handle Tools. Or magic Stuff.
Back to top Go down
Fanara
Helpless prey
Fanara

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2015 8:08 am

K. I never said anything about leviathans being stupid, so how did this turn to brain power, and how is that relevant to the speed they travel at? FYI whales travel at 2 mph relative to humans.
Back to top Go down
Bandur Khan
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
Bandur Khan

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2015 1:11 pm

It means You don´t have to be fast. The fastest Creature is the Swordfish - up to 108 km/h. Fast - but not smart. You don´t have to be fast, if You have Tricks. And for such a huge Being like an extremely oversized Mermaid, which is absolutely not streamlined, maintaining a high Speed is uneffordable.
Back to top Go down
Fanara
Helpless prey
Fanara

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2015 7:10 pm

our discussion has given me the determination to legitimately figure out for myself how fast a leviathan mermaid should be, and I thank you for that. I'm off to crunch some numbers.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2015 10:37 am

The link for the large map on the main page still links to the old, outdated map rather than the squeaky clean new one. On the same topic, the link for the interactive map is also no longer necessary since it too is now outdated.
Back to top Go down
Ilceren
Ilceren

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 3:11 am

Krisexy26 wrote:
P.S. if someone who has power in the wiki is reading this line, please, on the homepage, just underneath the new expanded map, there is a link that unfortunately is leading to the old, less gigantic map. so im asking to change to the link to the new map because the map on the wiki has no good zoom in as it as on karbo's dA. so, maybe, please, just change the link? thatll be so sweet.
From a post in another thread.
Back to top Go down
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2015 12:48 am

^i still agree with the above Wink the link needs to be changed, the one linking to the full picture on dA
Back to top Go down
http://krisexy26.deviantart.com/
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2015 1:59 am

Krisexy26 wrote:
^i still agree with the above Wink the link needs to be changed, the one linking to the full picture on dA

Fixed.
Back to top Go down
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2015 1:03 pm

merci! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://krisexy26.deviantart.com/
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 7:45 am

By the way, because I'm a cynical twat, it might be worth deleting the link to e-akahele's interactive map, because that map is also outdated, and probably a lot of information on it.
Back to top Go down
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 7:51 am

Shady Knight wrote:
By the way, because I'm a cynical twat, it might be worth deleting the link to e-akahele's interactive map, because that map is also outdated, and probably a lot of information on it.

I'll let Karbo decide on that. It may still be useful. Smile
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 7:55 am

What use is a map that's outdated and gives information that could very well contradict newer revisions in relative short order?
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 8:04 am

Shady Knight wrote:
What use is a map that's outdated and gives information that could very well contradict newer revisions in relative short order?

One should always honor one's past I feel. Nostalgic I am though. Biased my views may be. =P I'm such a pack rat I even horde data as old as sprites and programs from high school on CD! 0.0; Only recently and recently tossed some the other day due to redundancies.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 20 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wiki corrections
Page 20 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next