Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A little something funny I noticed about Nekos in the wiki

Go down 
+10
Claire
Vaderaz
Shady Knight
Darkstorm Zero
Grave
Venom Agato
rcs619
Feadraug
Ilceren
jedi-explorer
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

A little something funny I noticed about Nekos in the wiki - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A little something funny I noticed about Nekos in the wiki   A little something funny I noticed about Nekos in the wiki - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 11:28 am

Venom Agato wrote:
I'm telling you though I saw several Giant Neko females in artwork on DA, they should exist as a species I mean hell you got little Naga's and Giant Naga's and Giants and Giantess' which are basically big versions of humans.

Just because a species exits in non-canon writings and art, doesn't mean it will be added to the Felarya canon. That's up to Karbo and whether or not he feels they fit in.

Actually, most giant species have a little counterpart. Human-sized nagas, harpies, mermaids and dridders are actually the majority of their kind, for example. There are a lot less of the giant ones and they are encountered much less common.

Giants and Giantesses do exist in the wiki, but you'll note that all canon giant/giantess characters are offworlders, either from a world where they were already giant, or were made giant due to some kind of dimensional accident. There are no naturally giant humans in Felarya as of yet.

Not every species needs to have a giant and human-sized version. Personally, I'd be perfectly fine with the idea that humans, nekos and inu only naturally come in one size in Felarya.
Back to top Go down
Venom Agato
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Venom Agato

PostSubject: Re: A little something funny I noticed about Nekos in the wiki   A little something funny I noticed about Nekos in the wiki - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 12:11 pm

Well yeah I know it's up to Karbo since he did create Felarya it just seems to make sense to add them is all.
Back to top Go down
http://bioshockreborn.proboards.com
Claire
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Claire

PostSubject: Re: A little something funny I noticed about Nekos in the wiki   A little something funny I noticed about Nekos in the wiki - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 12:45 pm

rcs619 wrote:

Just because a species exits in non-canon writings and art, doesn't mean it will be added to the Felarya canon. That's up to Karbo and whether or not he feels they fit in.

Honestly, during these times, who cares about cannon anymore.. It needs massive fixing and it's too contradicting in some areas to be taken seriously.

People shouldn't put a limit on their creativity because of a incomplete wiki

@Venom if you want a giant neko race or a giant neko character in Felarya then go for it.
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: A little something funny I noticed about Nekos in the wiki   A little something funny I noticed about Nekos in the wiki - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 12:48 pm

Claire wrote:
rcs619 wrote:

Honestly, during these times, who cares about cannon anymore.. It needs massive fixing and it's too contradicting in some areas to be taken seriously.

@Venom if you want a giant neko race or a giant neko character in Felarya then go for it.

Pretty much, yeah.

I was never saying someone couldn't go for what they wanted to do, just that it might not be in line with the canon. The canon stopped mattering as much when Karbo began talking about how everyone's "Personal view of Felarya" is just as valid as any other. The canon in the wiki just seems more like a tool for new writers to get their bearings than a hard limit these days.
Back to top Go down
Venom Agato
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Venom Agato

PostSubject: Re: A little something funny I noticed about Nekos in the wiki   A little something funny I noticed about Nekos in the wiki - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 4:02 pm

Claire wrote:
rcs619 wrote:

If I wanted to go for it heavy enough I'd have to petition or something since I can't draw that well and I only have Microsoft Paint to work with.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: A little something funny I noticed about Nekos in the wiki   A little something funny I noticed about Nekos in the wiki - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 2:55 am

Well Caylin is canon yeah. She is more of an exception though, practically one of a kind, as giant nekos are very rare and will remain so.
Me too I prefer to not have the "tiny/normal/giant" version for each given species. It would make things too systematic.

Grave wrote:
I'm still waiting for Crisis to run into her and confusingly wonder why she doesn't fit in her mouth.

Hehe well by coincidence I have already 2 strips planed about exactly that ! Laughing
In the first one you will have Crisis lying in a branch, half asleep, surveying the environment. Then she sees Caylin and fall to the ground from surprise XD
And in the second she will start to stalk Caylin to her great annoyance, maybe begging her for just a taste or something like that Razz
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
JohnboyX
Helpless prey
JohnboyX

PostSubject: Re: A little something funny I noticed about Nekos in the wiki   A little something funny I noticed about Nekos in the wiki - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 7:53 am

Interesting guess I learned something new as I always thought that even if giant humans/nekos are much harder to find than other species of the same size (according to the Wiki) they still naturally exist in Felarya (as to be born into this world) like many other creatures Razz .

Then again I guess that adds up to the whole thrill since (if I remember it right) humans/nekos are pretty much at a FAR BIGGER disadvantage than others since even their giant counterparts won't hesitate in the slightest to gobble them up once captured sweatdrop , whereas most of the other giant beings rarely devour their own kind (unless they're very hungry that is geek ) .

Karbo wrote:
Well Caylin is canon yeah. She is more of an exception though, practically one of a kind, as giant nekos are very rare and will remain so.

So I assume Caylin's either from another world or grew up in Felarya but due to an accident or some kind of magic/artifact grew bigger than she originally was and as a result had to modify her diet lol! Question ?

Now I'm even more interested for her story, the relationship with Tina and how they met each other although this doesn't mean that I want to push here as a Wiki entry currently isn't of importance since Caylin and Tina are still minor characters after all who (to this point) don't have anything to do with the main story yet Cool .
Back to top Go down
Ilceren
Ilceren

PostSubject: Re: A little something funny I noticed about Nekos in the wiki   A little something funny I noticed about Nekos in the wiki - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 4:34 am

Venom Agato wrote:
If I wanted to go for it heavy enough I'd have to petition or something since I can't draw that well and I only have Microsoft Paint to work with.
You don't need to draw. If you look at the "New Ideas" section of the forum, you'll see most of the ideas for creatures, races, etc. are just written. Most don't have an illustration.
Back to top Go down
Venom Agato
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Venom Agato

PostSubject: Re: A little something funny I noticed about Nekos in the wiki   A little something funny I noticed about Nekos in the wiki - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 11:47 pm

Karbo wrote:
Me too I prefer to not have the "tiny/normal/giant" version for each given species. It would make things too systematic.

Grave wrote:
I'm still waiting for Crisis to run into her and confusingly wonder why she doesn't fit in her mouth.

Hehe well by coincidence I have already 2 strips planed about exactly that ! Laughing
In the first one you will have Crisis lying in a branch, half asleep, surveying the environment. Then she sees Caylin and fall to the ground from surprise XD
And in the second she will start to stalk Caylin to her great annoyance, maybe begging her for just a taste or something like that Razz

I KNEW IT!!!! XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A little something funny I noticed about Nekos in the wiki   A little something funny I noticed about Nekos in the wiki - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A little something funny I noticed about Nekos in the wiki
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2