Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is the best tactical and strategic offense against...

Go down 
+59
Prof.Nekko
Jasconius
French snack
walkingbyself
Jætte_Troll
ravaging vixen
TheLightLost
luke112
alliance
Anime-Junkie
Stabs
Tuc135
Archmage_Bael
Asuroth
timing2
JohnDoe
EliteCreature
FalconJudge
SuperPieGuy9
CauldronBorn24
zelda31
Chris The Great...maybe
codaman
TankHunter678
Reptillian
11cookeaw3
Byakugan01
L'Ryn
Rade
S-Guy
Rythmear
Jibsy0
servomoore
/Fish/
Feign
Sineria.
TheQuantumMechanic
observer88
Sephimink|Kyle
dlausactor6373
Garnet
Daimo
bigman27622
MegaDan5
ZionAtriedes
Oldman40k2003
gwadahunter2222
DorianTheBlind
Mentalguy
Delicious Kevin
Warrior3000
rcs619
Karbo
Raetsu Lord Pichu
GREGOLE
Shady Knight
Pendragon
Malahite
Raveolution
63 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Oldman40k2003
Oldman40k2003

What is the best tactical and strategic offense against... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is the best tactical and strategic offense against...   What is the best tactical and strategic offense against... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 5:07 am

Raveolution wrote:
I almost totally forgot... and I'm a huge Starcraft player, too!!!

The PROTOSS.

The Protoss would be easy to deal with: they'd always be "Need(ing) additional pylons."

Of course, things might be a different matter once "Carrier has arived!" Smile
Back to top Go down
http://oldman40k2003.deviantart.com/
Raveolution
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Raveolution

PostSubject: Re: What is the best tactical and strategic offense against...   What is the best tactical and strategic offense against... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 6:00 am

Oldman40k2003 wrote:
Raveolution wrote:
I almost totally forgot... and I'm a huge Starcraft player, too!!!

The PROTOSS.

The Protoss would be easy to deal with: they'd always be "Need(ing) additional pylons."

Of course, things might be a different matter once "Carrier has arived!" Smile
Yeah, the Storm Sprites could be called in (in a combined arms scenario) to attack the pylons, but plasma cannons typically guarding those pylons would probably see incoming storm sprites and if the cannons didn't take them out, the Dark Archons would use their own energy against them...
Back to top Go down
Raveolution
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Raveolution

PostSubject: Re: What is the best tactical and strategic offense against...   What is the best tactical and strategic offense against... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 10:11 pm

Anyone got a dead giant Pred laying around?

Find a way to duplicate the materials that make up its stomach lining and you have the perfect last ditch defense. Smile
Back to top Go down
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

PostSubject: Re: What is the best tactical and strategic offense against...   What is the best tactical and strategic offense against... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 10:56 am

There was a Starcraft conversation here and I missed it? AW DAMZ!

I think the Terrans would fare kinda well, too. Except, of course, their tendency to EXPAND LIKE THE DICKENS (at least when I play as them!) would attract Guardians.

As for the Zerg... well, Felarya would be doomed. Any planet is doomed. Even Aiur was doomed.
Back to top Go down
Raveolution
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Raveolution

PostSubject: Re: What is the best tactical and strategic offense against...   What is the best tactical and strategic offense against... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 6:53 pm

ZionAtriedes wrote:
There was a Starcraft conversation here and I missed it? AW DAMZ!

I think the Terrans would fare kinda well, too. Except, of course, their tendency to EXPAND LIKE THE DICKENS (at least when I play as them!) would attract Guardians.

As for the Zerg... well, Felarya would be doomed. Any planet is doomed. Even Aiur was doomed.
Yeah, the fight between Kerrigan and Quaz would be televised all over the multi verse; that's one main even you do NOT want front row tickets for...
Back to top Go down
MegaDan5
Great warrior
Great warrior
MegaDan5

PostSubject: Re: What is the best tactical and strategic offense against...   What is the best tactical and strategic offense against... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 7:00 pm

Some of the Akrid would be more than enough to decimate a world like Felarya.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bmxracerad.com
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: What is the best tactical and strategic offense against...   What is the best tactical and strategic offense against... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 8:06 pm

Oh, man. I agree with you there. Especially those bloody ones that can regenerate their limbs and have scythes on 90% of their body.

Those suckers are scary.
Back to top Go down
MegaDan5
Great warrior
Great warrior
MegaDan5

PostSubject: Re: What is the best tactical and strategic offense against...   What is the best tactical and strategic offense against... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 8:11 pm

Pendragon wrote:
Oh, man. I agree with you there. Especially those bloody ones that can regenerate their limbs and have scythes on 90% of their body.

Those suckers are scary.

The Gorechryatis, and possibly the Green Eye and Undeep woould be more than enough.
Back to top Go down
bigman27622
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
bigman27622

PostSubject: what could kill menyssan, Crisis, or any of the others   What is the best tactical and strategic offense against... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 8:01 am

what could kill menyssan, Crisis, or any of the other famous giant nagas,dridders, succumbus, or anything else?????? i am meaning weapon-wise and i hope i can get everyones imput....like could a giant gun kill them???????? i dont think so but i want everyones opinion..... especially karbo's if i can get it!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: What is the best tactical and strategic offense against...   What is the best tactical and strategic offense against... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 8:08 am

Huge ass Ion Cannon?
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
MegaDan5
Great warrior
Great warrior
MegaDan5

PostSubject: Re: What is the best tactical and strategic offense against...   What is the best tactical and strategic offense against... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 8:26 am

Sean Okotami wrote:
Huge ass Ion Cannon?

It would have to ground-based, as orbital weapons have no effect on Felarya. I think some of the VS-caliber weapons would be effective.
Back to top Go down
bigman27622
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
bigman27622

PostSubject: Re: What is the best tactical and strategic offense against...   What is the best tactical and strategic offense against... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 8:30 am

the thing is dont you think someone has tried those weapons yet??????? i mean crisis is 60 and people have been tryin to kill her the whole time so......
Back to top Go down
MegaDan5
Great warrior
Great warrior
MegaDan5

PostSubject: Re: What is the best tactical and strategic offense against...   What is the best tactical and strategic offense against... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 8:44 am

I highly doubt that anyone has thought of using Vital Suit- caliber weapons yet.
Back to top Go down
bigman27622
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
bigman27622

PostSubject: Re: What is the best tactical and strategic offense against...   What is the best tactical and strategic offense against... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 9:17 am

we shall soon find out
Back to top Go down
Daimo
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Daimo

PostSubject: Re: What is the best tactical and strategic offense against...   What is the best tactical and strategic offense against... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 11:22 am

Powerful Anti-Tank weaponry could blow Crisis' head open easily. But aiming for the neck would be more efficient.
Back to top Go down
http://kazumar1.deviantart.com/
MegaDan5
Great warrior
Great warrior
MegaDan5

PostSubject: Re: What is the best tactical and strategic offense against...   What is the best tactical and strategic offense against... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 11:40 am

You could also kill 'em with a baradium-core explosive, provided you use a remote-detonated version and blow it up right as it lands in their mouth.
Back to top Go down
Garnet
Helpless prey
Garnet

PostSubject: Re: What is the best tactical and strategic offense against...   What is the best tactical and strategic offense against... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 11:46 am

Why... Why talk about such mean things? :<
Back to top Go down
http://petite-emi.deviantart.com/
Daimo
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Daimo

PostSubject: Re: What is the best tactical and strategic offense against...   What is the best tactical and strategic offense against... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 11:50 am

Garnet wrote:

Cuz I ain't blindly Pro-Predator Razz
Back to top Go down
http://kazumar1.deviantart.com/
MegaDan5
Great warrior
Great warrior
MegaDan5

PostSubject: Re: What is the best tactical and strategic offense against...   What is the best tactical and strategic offense against... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 11:53 am

Garnet wrote:

Survival, mainly.

It's the reason why I chose to call myself the "Frostbound Hunter".
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: What is the best tactical and strategic offense against...   What is the best tactical and strategic offense against... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 12:01 pm

Garnet wrote:
Because they are a lot of people who believe preds are invincibles, and that no human could ever kill one through any mean possible. This pissed off people, and this is how the conversation was born.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

PostSubject: Re: What is the best tactical and strategic offense against...   What is the best tactical and strategic offense against... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 12:07 pm

Ok... well, lessee...

Any weapon with a high enough caliber. A 50 cal could probably inflict some real pain and a hundred cal could probably be lethal if aimed properly.
Most anti-tank weapons could probably get the job done.

Of course, a sufficiently large animal could do it just the same. Take just about anything from a giant monster movie and it'd be like pitting a human against a gorilla.

Oh, and Ultraman. Ultraman would obliterate most preds.
Back to top Go down
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

PostSubject: Re: What is the best tactical and strategic offense against...   What is the best tactical and strategic offense against... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 12:27 pm

ULTRAMAN!!!!

Anyways, yeah, Sean's got a point. The whole "invincible pred" thing is really crap. I mean, I don't care how tough any naga is, its skin just won't stand up to, say, a high-powered anti-tank rifle. Now, you ask "hasn't anyone tried this?", and the answer would probably be "no". Why? Because most people in Felarya are there by accident, and are unprepared. The few people that are prepared can usually defend themselves somewhat. Plus, huge anti-tank weaponry isn't easy to lug around...

Other than that, giant mechs and armies of tanks attract Guardians. And those guys can stand up to the aforementioned rifle.
Back to top Go down
MegaDan5
Great warrior
Great warrior
MegaDan5

PostSubject: Re: What is the best tactical and strategic offense against...   What is the best tactical and strategic offense against... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 1:41 pm

I just remembered a spell from Dungeons and Dragons that could be lethal. It's called Cloudkill.
Back to top Go down
dlausactor6373
Great warrior
Great warrior
dlausactor6373

PostSubject: Re: What is the best tactical and strategic offense against...   What is the best tactical and strategic offense against... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 1:57 pm

What about stabbing them in the neck and sliding down while cutting them open, like Beowulf?
Back to top Go down
MegaDan5
Great warrior
Great warrior
MegaDan5

PostSubject: Re: What is the best tactical and strategic offense against...   What is the best tactical and strategic offense against... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 2:40 pm

dlausactor6373 wrote:
What about stabbing them in the neck and sliding down while cutting them open, like Beowulf?

Some of the predators have tough skin.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is the best tactical and strategic offense against...   What is the best tactical and strategic offense against... - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is the best tactical and strategic offense against...
Page 4 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next