Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tinies' strength

Go down 
+10
Bandur Khan
French snack
dragon808tr
tkh1304
Grave
Stabs
Scryangi
Ilceren
Amaroq
Karbo
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
tkh1304
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
tkh1304

Tinies' strength - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tinies' strength   Tinies' strength - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 10:57 am

I imagine that tinies would blend in a noble party. A band of tiny musician, who play music with amplfying magic. Handsome smooth-talkers woo and entertain noble ladies. Or attention was cast on pairs of tiny dancers dancing beautifully on a table.

For knowledge, intelligence is more matter than size. I think tiny researchers would be quick-thinkers, actively run around back and forth a lot, and have bigger-sized assistants to help them with stuffs that they have trouble to do it by themselves like turning pages of a book, or try out the idea that they just think off. They would be bossy and grumpy tinies, but their achievements cannot be underestimated.

Outside, I think tinies can do activities to entertain people, such as mini-theaters. Instead of puppets, now real-life tomthumbs are the actors and actresses.
Back to top Go down
http://tkh1304.deviantart.com
Scryangi
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Scryangi

PostSubject: Re: Tinies' strength   Tinies' strength - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 12:03 pm

tkh1304 wrote:
I imagine that tinies would blend in a noble party. A band of tiny musician, who play music with amplfying magic. Handsome smooth-talkers woo and entertain noble ladies. Or attention was cast on pairs of tiny dancers dancing beautifully on a table.

For knowledge, intelligence is more matter than size. I think tiny researchers would be quick-thinkers, actively run around back and forth a lot, and have bigger-sized assistants to help them with stuffs that they have trouble to do it by themselves like turning pages of a book, or try out the idea that they just think off. They would be bossy and grumpy tinies, but their achievements cannot be underestimated.

Outside, I think tinies can do activities to entertain people, such as mini-theaters. Instead of puppets, now real-life tomthumbs are the actors and actresses.

This is how it could be. But this can only happen if they get rid of the stigma on their small size. As long as nobles can look at them and think 'snack or slave?', then they will just be a curiosity at best. And I am not just talking about noble nekos. Like autists in our world, a few brilliant ones will be lauded as geniuses, while all others are just second class citizens--easily exploited.

As long as tinies are not policed, then they are the fairies of Negav: you can't control them, but they can control everything. Right now they are kept in check because they are prey living among preds. Once they get status, and the armaments and rights related to it, then I can see them doing something like, banning all nekos from Negav or something. Bring the hammer of justice on any and all slavers. How will the corrupt nobility handle that?

*Edit* I am not saying that they could not be those artists that you described, but then they would be 'free'. They have little need for money so they would not do this for the high pay. If they did get a high pay, then you get super-tinies' culture again. It's hard to make them something between prey and pred, like a regular human. They are legion, and oppressed. Give them the means and a reason, and a cold war starts.
Back to top Go down
dragon808tr
Survivor
Survivor

PostSubject: Re: Tinies' strength   Tinies' strength - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 1:03 pm

This reminds me of the film "The Secret World of Arrietty". Its about tiny people (also see the Littles. Love the near cat vore). But i think that they should be able to outrun a child or the inexperienced, but not outrun a hungry Neko or human. It would be interesting to see their own culture. I think it would likely be a smaller version of normal Negav culture.

http://movies.disney.com/the-secret-world-of-arrietty

An Idea I had just now that you might find interesting is a "Vore Date". Where two Neeras (or tinys) have an interest in vore and find a Neko (Or human) willing to eat and swallow them together, so they can be together in the end in the stomach.

Sounds romantic to me. What do you people think?
Back to top Go down
Scryangi
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Scryangi

PostSubject: Re: Tinies' strength   Tinies' strength - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 1:37 pm

dragon808tr wrote:
This reminds me of the film "The Secret World of Arrietty". Its about tiny people (also see the Littles. Love the near cat vore). But i think that they should be able to outrun a child or the inexperienced, but not outrun a hungry Neko or human. It would be interesting to see their own culture. I think it would likely be a smaller version of normal Negav culture.

http://movies.disney.com/the-secret-world-of-arrietty

An Idea I had just now that you might find interesting is a "Vore Date". Where two Neeras (or tinys) have an interest in vore and find a Neko (Or human) willing to eat and swallow them together, so they can be together in the end in the stomach.

Hey, that movie looks cute. It's stories like these that got me into shrinking in the first place. 'The secret life of gnomes', anyone?

I can see two tinies ready to die deciding to end it this way together. If they are just into vore, then add some Resistance to Acid potions, a Sustainance, and some way to escape the stomach afterwards.

Ps:For the first time in my life, I suddenly find myself thinking about sex in a stomach. How would that work?
Back to top Go down
dragon808tr
Survivor
Survivor

PostSubject: Re: Tinies' strength   Tinies' strength - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 2:04 pm

@Scry. Glad you like it! I haven't seen it though. I mean to. I actually wish to shrink. Beacuse if you were only an inch tall, everything becomes and adventure! Very Happy  

A vore date would be interesting. Imagine the devotion of a couple to play out the fantasy and spend the final moments together, hugging, kissing, or sex. Melting together (and being pooped out as one). I find it quite romantic.

EDIT: Im sorry about that. It shouldnt have been brought up. vv"
Back to top Go down
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: Tinies' strength   Tinies' strength - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 12:56 am

dragon808tr wrote:

I can imagine a few odd little tinies fantasising about it as romantic… but I can't imagine them wanting to go through with it for real.

I enjoy writing about willing prey, but not in a Felaryan setting. It's too much of a mental disconnect; it requires its own separate settings, where suspension of disbelief can work more easily.

In Felarya, I'm probably the only person to have written a tomthumb character who has prey fantasies (Tan, of the Alsumi tribe). But he distinguishes very clearly between fantasy and reality.

Regarding Pelnepi: Remember that the tinies who live there are under the protection of humans who are genuinely devoted to their safety and well-being. The reason why a lot of tinies don't choose to live there is simply because they regard it as bureaucratic and restrictive, and prefer a broader freedom. And also, probably, because they instinctively prefer to remain discreet, out of sight of "giants".

Scryangi wrote:

Ps:For the first time in my life, I suddenly find myself thinking about sex in a stomach. How would that work?

Quite easily, I imagine. With the added bonus of hot sweltering intimacy, fleshy surroundings, and pitch darkness. Wink
Back to top Go down
Bandur Khan
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
Bandur Khan

PostSubject: Re: Tinies' strength   Tinies' strength - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 2:22 am

Well...

I in my Case have handled Tinies a bit different from the Beginning, it seems - for me they ARE fast and strong- because they have to be, otherwise they were gone extinct long ago. A simple Mouse can run and jump far more powerful than any Cat - compared to it´s Size. So it´s relative Strength is far greater.
And if a Mouse falls down from let´s say 5 Feet - it doesn´t care. And their Reflexes aren´t this bad either.
So in my Stories and RPs Tinies are as gifted as Humans - and given the Chance to be as big as a Human, they really could beat You down with Ease. Or outrun You. And You will not only find this Pelnepi - in my Stories there are a Lot more safe Havens like... Rooftowns in Houses of People they can trust. Or imagine a hollow Space between two Buildings, only reachable through a Gap of perhaps 20 cm? You know, how old Houses in old Cities are built? They often are a bit skew, odd-angled and... weird built. So there often are some Cavities and Gaps between them. And in the Wild... what is a simple Crack in a big Rock for us can guide them into a huge Cavern - or even into a Geode - with glowing Minerals.
Hidden secret Ways and Stuff not mentioned - they surely would be great Spies and Assassins (remember my Hints about Poisons and Stuff.)
They have all the Stuff normal People have - and why not? As I said in another Thread: Look around, what People usually throw away. So even getting some Metal is no Problem - because if they need some - it won´t be this much. So I think, Tinies are much like us - only smaller, faster and living in much more hidden Places - because they are small, not stupid. And Mages - ever heared of Balthazaar´s Sorceress Xin?
I love her - she´s super-cool!
And I think as a Tiny You have to be pretty opportunistic, adventurous, brave and curious - otherwise they won´t have spread this far and wide.

https://felarya.forumotion.com/t3146p15-do-tinies-have-guns
Back to top Go down
Darth_Nergal
Hero
Hero
Darth_Nergal

Location : Someplace north Tonorian Hive, south of the Chordoni Waterfall, east of the Kuwuni bridge, and west of the Lataran Temple

PostSubject: Re: Tinies' strength   Tinies' strength - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 5:36 am

Hey Scry, you might be interested in my Tiny Guild idea from a while back. https://felarya.forumotion.com/t3312-tiny-guild-in-negav It takes some of the things you mentioned in the beginning. As for tiny strength, they could use a bit of a boost Karbo.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sithlordnergal.deviantart.com
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Tinies' strength   Tinies' strength - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 10:07 am

I wanted to clarify a little bit.
I'm not proposing to give them super-powers here ^^; A tiny would not be able to fight a neko or a human
Rather it's more a way for them to better interact with their environment.
For example if a small box is in the way, with that they would be able to carry it and put it aside. If it was translated in our size, that would be similar to be able to carry a large rock boulder ^^
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Bandur Khan
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
Bandur Khan

PostSubject: Re: Tinies' strength   Tinies' strength - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 10:10 am

I know. But they also would be able to simply just jump over it.
Back to top Go down
Grave
Marauder of the deep jungle
Marauder of the deep jungle
Grave

PostSubject: Re: Tinies' strength   Tinies' strength - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 11:13 am

If they could move boulders relative to their size they could throw relatively dangerous weapons. Iunno I keep picturing Jerry hitting tom with a regular sized hammer, which they could totally do if they had greater relative strength to be able to pick up "boulders".

I think it's ok for tinies to have to use ingenuity above and beyond what normal sized folk have to, and I think that adds more to their character than being able to move things too heavy compared to their size. If there's a box in their way, they can figure out a way around, over, under, or even through it with box cutter XD
Back to top Go down
tkh1304
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
tkh1304

PostSubject: Re: Tinies' strength   Tinies' strength - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2015 2:56 am

I remember the a metaphor about how fast our nerve system transport sensory signals to the brain. Let assume there is a giantess whose feet is in Africa and head in America. With the same speed, if we get a big enough needle to poke her foot, it will take weeks for her the pain signal to reach her head, and more weeks for her to have a reaction on her poked foot.

Long story short, I think tiny people may have very fast reaction time due to their tiny size. They can react to the surroundings, especially dangers, with nearly instanteous actions. Let say a housewife, with a hidden fly swatter, and a tomthumb enter a staring contest. By the time the housewife was half way bringing her swatter up to the air, the tomthumb already runs away, instead of stands there like an idiot or narrowly escapes being swatted.

While they react faster than normal humans, they can still get caught by people with superior speed and reflex, such as nekos.

Back to top Go down
Bandur Khan
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
Bandur Khan

PostSubject: Re: Tinies' strength   Tinies' strength - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2015 4:26 am

Haha, almost like Cockroaches - they begin to run, before they even know WHY they have to run!
Back to top Go down
tkh1304
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
tkh1304

PostSubject: Re: Tinies' strength   Tinies' strength - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2015 4:26 pm

Bandur Khan wrote:
Haha, almost like Cockroaches - they begin to run, before they even know WHY they have to run!

Here is the reaction speed that a tiny should possess in order to survive against predators (it's an mobile ad, btw)

Back to top Go down
tkh1304
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
tkh1304

PostSubject: Re: Tinies' strength   Tinies' strength - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2015 6:04 pm

Back to the topic after a long while, I wonder if tinies can take advantage on their weight to access short-distance flying? If doing it right, a tomthumb can quickly get away from a neko's grasp with a paper bag as a parachute to jump down from a height that is too height for even a neko, or fly away by taking advantage on strong gust of winds.

This is also gives tomthumbs who live in open-space areas a fast way to travel around, though may be not less dangerous.
Back to top Go down
Bandur Khan
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
Bandur Khan

PostSubject: Re: Tinies' strength   Tinies' strength - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2015 8:36 pm

So You have answered Your Question Yourself already: If the Choice lies between surely getting caught by something deadly and a Highjump witn a home improved Parachute - guess what... ?

And because they weigh pretty less compared by bigger Creatures roughly the same Shape (and to their Surface) the Probability to survive is pretty high. For Example - compared to a Wasp a Hornet may be as twice as long - but this also makes it 7 Times heavier, resulting in membraned Wings this thick and strong, they aren´t really transparent anymore - they often seem to be brown.
Back to top Go down
Gamma
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Gamma

PostSubject: Re: Tinies' strength   Tinies' strength - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 5:19 pm

As much as I usually support the square-cube law...this is Felarya. I'm not sure where the square-cube law is, but I'm not willing to go spelunking in Crisis' stomach to check. Which is unfortunate, as it would be perfect for giving the tinies more strength as well as the ability to survive long falls.
Back to top Go down
tkh1304
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
tkh1304

PostSubject: Re: Tinies' strength   Tinies' strength - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 5:56 pm

Gamma wrote:
As much as I usually support the square-cube law...this is Felarya.  I'm not sure where the square-cube law is, but I'm not willing to go spelunking in Crisis' stomach to check.  Which is unfortunate, as it would be perfect for giving the tinies more strength as well as the ability to survive long falls.

I have the feeling that Felarya ignores the Earth's physics law when it comes to giant predators so that our Crisis can move freely and stealthily around, but still keeps the law for human- and tiny- sizes.
Back to top Go down
Lockheed X-17
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Lockheed X-17

PostSubject: Re: Tinies' strength   Tinies' strength - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 10:35 pm

Stabs wrote:
Hmmm, I have mixed feelings about this.

On the one hand, tinies could use some advantages (they do have to avoid superhuman predators like nekos! It's no contest if they can't even use the same laws of physics, eh).

On the other hand, letting them take advantage of the square cube law, making them exceptionally strong... will leave shrunken humans and fairies pretty much at the mercy of those pocket-sized herculoids.

Also upscaled tinies (because MAGIC!) will be as strong as Captain America- or find themselves weakened by the enlargement, which sounds pretty darn badass (FOOL! YOU CANNOT IMPROVE UPON PERFECTION!), but in practice might be just plain weird ("Gee, we shoulda cook up a way to macronize the tinies and recruit them for the Fist!" said nobody ever).

We've never even so much as paid lip service to the square-cube law... there ought to be a reason why it works for them but not for anyone else. Maybe they evolved to use the square-cube law and everything else evolved to ignore it lol. Though I'm usually against evolution in Felarya- I mean, that horse has a woman sticking out of its neck. Your argument is invalid.

As for munny, Pelnepi, and so on, I'm sure that tinies could figure that stuff out easily. If you want a specific system, then... I'd rather have the tinies in Pelnepi interface with the rest of Negav's tradesphere through a single store/trading company/whatever, and employ an internal currency of their own: they're not like the rest of the Negavians, so they might not mind systems such as banknotes and so.

As for assassins, that's pretty cool. Do they follow the creed?

I'd rather they had lookouts and alarms than assassins, since, y'now, that doesn't stop anyone from actually nomming 'em, while lookouts and alarms can be more effective at stopping a crime in progress (and find the criminal, too). I kinda assumed that neko thrill-seekers and slavers got their tinies from outside Pelnepi, rather than inside (except if working for a connoiseur who wants a tiny from Pelnepi for whatevs reason).

If Pelnepi were to train avengers, I'd rather they trained 'em for the tinies that are mistreated OUTSIDE their city-within-a-city.

One of my OC's are actually built from the very idea yo have been thinking. Imagine, a tomthumb that is adept in magic and has a beyond human strength. And I have an idea stuck in my head that would place him in the Isolon Fist before he was either kicked out or left by himself.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Tinies' strength   Tinies' strength - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 3:31 am

I look at the fact tinies use poisons, and think why wouldn't they have assassins? If anyone is seen or caught eating one of them, a hit force would go out and kill the perpetrator. I imagine an overly ridiculous and dull system in which they use poisons that (people here have evidently stated that exist in real life) which kill something like an elephant in seconds and use it en masse.

In short, I feel like we're walking on glass here.
Back to top Go down
Lockheed X-17
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Lockheed X-17

PostSubject: Re: Tinies' strength   Tinies' strength - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 1:18 am

Unless they have readily available poisons themselves. There is a far vaster, unexplored world out there.
*points to nowhere above the sky, then towards the horizon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tinies' strength   Tinies' strength - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tinies' strength
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next