Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Felarya Fauna and Flora Disscussion Thread

Go down 
+14
Hunter
The Rev
Malahite
nksrocks
melancholy-melody13
Kat
GREGOLE
Cypress
Rythmear
jurodan@gmail.com
R.J
Karbo
Pendragon
Siafu789
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

Felarya Fauna and Flora Disscussion Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felarya Fauna and Flora Disscussion Thread   Felarya Fauna and Flora Disscussion Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 12:33 pm

Hello again.

Just came by with another few observations.

Now, recently, I came across a very pretty naga (who called herself Crisis) and began to study her eating habits.

She pigged out on this entire caravan of poor humans, and enjoyed every one of them. As she swallowed the second to last one, though, she gripped her stomach and crouched over in pain. She started breathing heavily, almost as if her stomach was on fire. I kinda felt bad for her. The last human (female) there cringed in fear, yet was stunned by her "veluptuousness" (if you get my drift. Wink )

Now, according to these reports, Crisis could stomach anything. However, what I discovered was that these humans had been carrying plants with them, obtained from the volcanic regions of Felarya.

Upon closer inspection, I discovered that these plants and their fruits had evolved from the "jalapeno" plant found on Earth.

Before Crisis ate these humans, I noticed that one of them was on a stretcher, pale as a white crayon. This one had apparently eaten some of these plants and was in a terminal condition.

Thus I could assume that this "super pepper plant" was so powerful that it could almost kill a human, and temporarily put a naga out of commission. I took some with me, incase I ever ran into this situation.

However, Crisis was smarter than your average naga. She picked up the girl, slowly slithered up to an odd tree and plucked some of it's berries. She covered the girl in hundreds of these sticky berries and swallowed her whole. After licking her lips clean, she stretched a bit before lying underthe tree and took a nap.

I took some of these berries as well and noticed that they smelled oddly familiar. When I ate one, my stomach felt oddly tingly.

Then I discovered the connection. These berries were natural antacids!

I guess these "antaciberries" were quite useful for predators who suffered from heartburn (especially from a super pepper plant)

I still don't know why Crisis had to cover that girl in berries beforehand. Perhaps you have to eat them on a full stomach?

Whatever the case, these studies will prove quite useful in the future. The super pepper plant will be useful if I suddenly become somebody's lunch, and those antaciberries will really help if chef John makes chili tonight.

Speaking of which, I need to go. Later.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Fauna and Flora Disscussion Thread   Felarya Fauna and Flora Disscussion Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 5:07 pm

Haha nice discovery and great little story to go with it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Fauna and Flora Disscussion Thread   Felarya Fauna and Flora Disscussion Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 5:50 pm

Well, I see those berries really did the trick tonight. Chef John made his famous "Afterburner" chili. Hot enough to set fire to a tree, let alone your intestines.

I'm telling ya, I think he used some of that super pepper plant. The lines to the restroom were huge!

But anyway, I thought I would take a flight after dinner (inside a safe transport, of course) Ironically, I felt like going someplace warm this particular night. So I sought out to head towards the De Los Fuegos Volcano. It was a beautiful sight on this particular night.

However, I saw an abnormality within the volcano's lava filled crater. Being the curious guy that I was, I decided to investigate.

When I flew closer, I saw a strange group of red-hooded humans heading up towards the mountain. With them they had 10 men in chains. They were followng a path towards the top of the volcano.

When they reached the top, they encircled the volcano's center and brought the chained men to the front. Another robed man stood in right at the lava's edge and recited an odd speech. If I remember, it went like this:

GREAT DIETY OF FIRE
WITH YOUR STOMACH'S GREAT MIGHT!
PUNISH THESE PRISONERS
FOR THEIR CRIMES TONIGHT!

As soon as these words were uddered, the lava began to shake nd stir. The center began to rise, It soon became a plume of pure lava, over 40 feet in height. From the top down, it formed a head with beautiful, flowing and burning hair. They eyes and mouth opened up to reveal a wondrous vixen's smile. Her shoulders and arms formed to become a slender physique. Of course, she had to have other "features" form as well. (I think you know what I'm talkin about.) She was very well endowed.

Finally, her pelvis formed right down to the lava. She had no legs, as her body stopped forming at the lava line, right around her waist.

Her gorgeous eyes looked down at the human that recited the words and commanded with a harmonious voice.

"WHAT DO YOU DESIRE OF ME?"

The human responded.

"Great Fire Empress Fazana! We present you with ten crminals who have been found guilty of crimes against our fellow creatures. Please punish them!"

She smiled with a smirk that I've only seen on certain voraceous nagas. She lifted her hand up, blew on it, and then picked up the ten men all at once (they were connected by chains)

Apparently, she could lower the temperature of any part of her body, using the might of her breath (by absorbing the fire or causing a major breeze)

She lifted the men, broke their chains, and swallowed them one at a time. I didn't hear any screams of terrible pain, so I assumed her inner body was composed of solid fireproof organs. This also led me to conclude that she was a being of magic.

Now, how does this relate to flora and fauna, you ask? Well, I saw the fire woman, who was called "Fazana", summon up other beings from the volcano. They formed into 7 foot golem like monsters, a flock of fiery birds ( I think one was a phoenix) a small group of fire bugs, and so on. Were they made of massive bits of flaming coal, or were they magical? I don't know. All I can say is that she commanded them with a fiery fist.

I guess it is safe to conclude that, since Felarya never runs low on magical oddities, it could be that other fire women exist in other volcanoes, along with new breeds of elementals. This one was smart enough to fool those people into worshipping her.

A very interesting find indeed. A whole species of fire and lava based fauna... I can definitely do a bit more research on this...
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Fauna and Flora Disscussion Thread   Felarya Fauna and Flora Disscussion Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 3:07 am

That's really an interesting idea that could make a great story ! ^_^
That make me curious on what the cultists receive in exchange and on this Fazana character.

I'll definitely keep this one in mind when working on volcanic regions such as in sout east past the great marshes Smile
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Fauna and Flora Disscussion Thread   Felarya Fauna and Flora Disscussion Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2007 2:06 am

Hello again. It's just me, reporting a few more observations.

Yesterday, I was following that blond haired naga around (Crisis, if I'm correct) and I noticed that she was chasing a female in an orange jumpsuit around. She was new to this world, apparently. I saw a number on her suit, and assumed she must've been a convict or something. It did say "Eurasian Maximum Security Prison" on the suit.

I followed suit in my transport, being careful not to be noticed.

She ran after the girl into a deep part of the forest. It looked like she was about to get her meal.

However, at that moment, the girl ran into a huge web! It completely immobilized her with it's sticky webbing. She struggled very hard to escape, but only got stickier by the second.

Crisis didn't mind a bit of webbing on her food, so she reached out to get her, licking her lips very sensuously.

It was then that a big creature emerged from the shadows of the web. It spooked Crisis back several feet.

It was a huge spider creature! I couldn' believe it! It looked about 7 feet tall and was 20-30 feet in diameter (legs extended). It had eight eyes, a furry and greasy carcass, and a mouth big enough to swallow a human whole. And now it had a helpless victim in it's grasp. Slowly it wrapped the girl's struggling body in it's sticky webbing. She cried for help, only to have her mouth covered by webbing. Soon, she was entirely consumed in web.

Crisis wasn't planning to lose her meal so easily, so she took a large branch and easily broke up the web. I heard her stomach rumble, so I could tell that she was determined.

The Spider creature, on the other hand, had a trick up his sleeve. He grabbed the girl with 4 of his appendages and squeezed her tight. The poor girl was still struggling, yet made no progress.

Crisis planned to lunge at the creature, when it sprung into the air all of a sudden. Then, an amazing thing happened.

The spider SPROUTED FOUR WINGS! They were similar to fly wings, only much bigger. They were even bigger than the spider itself. They all flapped at full speed, rivaling that of a hummingbird's wings.

It flew off with the girl out of site to a safe location where she could get intimate with his digestive tract.

And that was it. I felt bad for that poor girl, but she was an inmate after all. I couldn't feel too bad.

Crisis, meanwhile, dropped the branch and slithered away in defeat. But I knew she would eat again. That's her style.

Overall, this spider creature deserves some research. For now, though, I'll label them as "Fly-ders", or "Air-antulas".
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Fauna and Flora Disscussion Thread   Felarya Fauna and Flora Disscussion Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2007 11:15 am

Another nice creature idea ! And great job on relating the event ^_^

<<<<<It flew off with the girl out of site to a safe location where she could get intimate with its digestive tract.
Heh I loved this line XD

I added the hydra tree, a new carnivorous plant whose aim is to make life a bit less safer for predators lol!
Mangamastermind : I am adding the stun spike and the Salvalophytha ( the plant that stop temporarily digestion ) ^^

Last edited by on Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Fauna and Flora Disscussion Thread   Felarya Fauna and Flora Disscussion Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 2:40 am

Added two new creatures in fauna Smile
Pendragon : I used your idea of a giant herbivore turtle, though I dropped the fruit idea ^^;
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Fauna and Flora Disscussion Thread   Felarya Fauna and Flora Disscussion Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 6:47 am

Thanks, Karbo. I really appreciate it.

The fruit was a give or take idea anyway.
Back to top Go down
Raetsu Lord Pichu
Marauder of the deep jungle
Marauder of the deep jungle
Raetsu Lord Pichu

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Fauna and Flora Disscussion Thread   Felarya Fauna and Flora Disscussion Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 10:18 am

Gonna give this another go

Name: Maron
Size: 5ft-70ft? (This is due to the fact that each Maron differs in size, in fact no 2 Marons are the ever the same size)
Felaryan Rank:Low, Medium, (in rare cases) High this is due to the fact that the few who have devoured a large amount of victims usually become addicted to the practice and become voracious predators

Database: A melon Dryad from another world, that ended up in Felarya via a dimensional rift. Maron are rotund female dryads that share a resemblence to Honeydew Melon being a shade of light green and a having a T shaped stem on their head (the stems uses are unknown). Being Dryads they mostly rely on photosynthesis to gain their food. They can also get nourishment from the soil, by burying their feet in the ground, it is then that the roots will grow from their legs and they will proceed to gaining minerals fom the soil. but are also know to be carnivours as well devouring anything that is able to fit in the maw, their stomachs are elastic enough to accomadate the meals they eat. This diet is also why the reason for their unique hieghts, for the nutrients absorbed by the intestines goes directly to making them larger in size, basically the more they eat the larger they grow, however being they are regarded by preds as being highly sweet in taste and addictive, very few grow past 20ft. However,the largest recorded Maron was 70ft and weighted as much a 5 buses, she can still be found in the Jungle Bowl to this day, and being she's normally asleep soaking up sunlight, it is safe to get close to her without the fear of being eaten. Maron's are relatively docile creatures (when they aren't hungry) and if given a special amount of effort they can be tamed and kept as pets

Maron's are social dryads and prefer live in groups, rather than go it alone, so it is not uncommon to spot a large group of Marons all 'planted' in one area. They can understand human speech and can even imitate it if they are exposed to it enough, but they primarily use their own language for communication. As said above they often fall prey to many predators (their mani ones being: Nagas, Harpies, Giant Fairies, and sometimes other Dryads) and being they taste sweet many are eaten at a time. However legend has it that if a Maron is bearing seeds in her body and the predator swallows them then the seeds will sow in the predators stomach and grow, though this is often dismissed as an urban legend and isn't widely supported as being true. Maron's are capable of reproducing asexually and will often spit their seeds up rather than finding a mate, the seeds will germanate after a few weeks and will emerge as baby Marons if conditions prove to be hospitable for them.
Back to top Go down
http://pimpdaddypichu.deviantart.com/
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Fauna and Flora Disscussion Thread   Felarya Fauna and Flora Disscussion Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 6:21 pm

Mhh nice one Smile
I loved the idea of sociable dryads ^_^
Back to top Go down
Siafu789
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Siafu789

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Fauna and Flora Disscussion Thread   Felarya Fauna and Flora Disscussion Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 6:24 pm

Karbo wrote:
Mhh nice one Smile
I loved the idea of sociable dryads ^_^

Well, considering the network, they're pretty sociable to begin with. But, they usually don't gather in group often.
Back to top Go down
http://militant-prey.deviantart.com/
Cypress
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Cypress

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Fauna and Flora Disscussion Thread   Felarya Fauna and Flora Disscussion Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 6:49 pm

Raetsu Lord Pichu wrote:
However,the largest recorded Maron was 70ft and weighted as much a 5 buses, she can still be found in the Jungle Bowl to this day, and being she's normally asleep soaking up sunlight, it is safe to get close to her without the fear of being eaten. Maron's are relatively docile creatures (when they aren't hungry) and if given a special amount of effort they can be tamed and kept as pets

<Cypress> *cocks eyebrow* ehhhhhh? when did this happen! I would know if there was another Dryad in the Jungle Bowl! *sends people out looking for her*
Back to top Go down
http://wowandwas.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Fauna and Flora Disscussion Thread   Felarya Fauna and Flora Disscussion Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Felarya Fauna and Flora Disscussion Thread
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4