Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Felarya Anthropology/Sociology/Psychology Discussion Thread

Go down 
+9
GREGOLE
The Rev
Karbo
Oldman40k2003
gwadahunter2222
MukatKiKaarn
Pendragon
Rythmear
Siafu789
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Zoekin
Grand-pop
Grand-pop
Zoekin

Felarya Anthropology/Sociology/Psychology Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felarya Anthropology/Sociology/Psychology Discussion Thread   Felarya Anthropology/Sociology/Psychology Discussion Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 12:18 pm

Karbo wrote:
Zoekin wrote:
Not all Dridders hate Nagas though.
A few individuals are content to "live and let live."
To be fair. Sometimes it's the Naga who starts hostilities. Dridders are master hunters and some of them are quite capable of preying on adult Nagas. This doesn't make them very popular with the Nagas!

I feel it would be interesting to see a Naga and a Dridder develop a really close friendship.
(Hey! I'm optimistic!)

Exactly ! Dridders are a warlike race, who display often cruelty toward ennemies and use sometimes a scary way of feeding but that don't really make them innately evil in my opinion.
Like in our world, most situations are more a question of point of view Smile

Katrika-"Very true! I've met people who think Nagas are evil because we swallow our prey alive and whole. That's just the way we're built! We don't do it to be cruel! From our point of view it's just natural. I guess some Dridders feel the world of Felarya would be an altogether better place if they were the only giant predators in it. It's not a view I share."
Back to top Go down
http://tanyastoviaka.deviantart.com/
lami
Veteran knight
Veteran knight

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Anthropology/Sociology/Psychology Discussion Thread   Felarya Anthropology/Sociology/Psychology Discussion Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 12:20 pm

Zoekin wrote:
Karbo wrote:
Zoekin wrote:
To be fair. Sometimes it's the Naga who starts hostilities. Dridders are master hunters and some of them are quite capable of preying on adult Nagas. This doesn't make them very popular with the Nagas!

I feel it would be interesting to see a Naga and a Dridder develop a really close friendship.
(Hey! I'm optimistic!)

Exactly ! Dridders are a warlike race, who display often cruelty toward ennemies and use sometimes a scary way of feeding but that don't really make them innately evil in my opinion.

Katrika-"Very true! I've met people who think Nagas are evil because we swallow our prey alive and whole. That's just the way we're built! We don't do it to be cruel! From our point of view it's just natural. I guess some Dridders feel the world of Felarya would be an altogether better place if they were the only giant predators in it. It's not a view I share."
I doubt their view could be entirely based on size, after all, what of the elves?
Back to top Go down
Zoekin
Grand-pop
Grand-pop
Zoekin

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Anthropology/Sociology/Psychology Discussion Thread   Felarya Anthropology/Sociology/Psychology Discussion Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 12:59 pm

lami wrote:
Zoekin wrote:
Karbo wrote:
Zoekin wrote:

(Hey! I'm optimistic!)

I doubt their view could be entirely based on size, after all, what of the elves?

Katrika-"I'm guessing that Dridders don't enjoy competition for territory or prey. Size really doesn't come into it I guess! Dridders vary in size quite a bit themselves. They just don't like to share! Crisis says they have other reasons too."
Back to top Go down
Zoekin
Grand-pop
Grand-pop
Zoekin

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Anthropology/Sociology/Psychology Discussion Thread   Felarya Anthropology/Sociology/Psychology Discussion Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 8:26 pm

One thing I would like to know is how do naga's feel about their territories? Do they mind if someone wanders through from time to time or do they get annoyed and set out to defend what's theirs?
I'm guessing that most nagas on the map know each other (at least by sight) and are pretty good about respecting each other's boundries.
Back to top Go down
lami
Veteran knight
Veteran knight

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Anthropology/Sociology/Psychology Discussion Thread   Felarya Anthropology/Sociology/Psychology Discussion Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 9:04 pm

Zoekin wrote:
One thing I would like to know is how do naga's feel about their territories? Do they mind if someone wanders through from time to time or do they get annoyed and set out to defend what's theirs?
I'm guessing that most nagas on the map know each other (at least by sight) and are pretty good about respecting each other's boundries.

species tend to only be territorial when they own property(like squirels, food is scarce, or mating is involved, if none of these things are true with nagas, they probably wont be too bothered by neighbors, but given their effect on surrounding environments, they probably dont have very many ones that get around crisis's size.
Back to top Go down
Zoekin
Grand-pop
Grand-pop
Zoekin

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Anthropology/Sociology/Psychology Discussion Thread   Felarya Anthropology/Sociology/Psychology Discussion Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 9:51 pm

I'm betting that most nagas are pretty good neighbours and respect each other's homes.
Back to top Go down
Rythmear
Survivor
Survivor
Rythmear

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Anthropology/Sociology/Psychology Discussion Thread   Felarya Anthropology/Sociology/Psychology Discussion Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 4:42 am

One would hope so.
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Anthropology/Sociology/Psychology Discussion Thread   Felarya Anthropology/Sociology/Psychology Discussion Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 6:09 am

You'd think that.

But if a busload of humans falls on the borderline of territories, then the gloves are off!

Last edited by on Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zoekin
Grand-pop
Grand-pop
Zoekin

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Anthropology/Sociology/Psychology Discussion Thread   Felarya Anthropology/Sociology/Psychology Discussion Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 9:21 am

Pendragon wrote:
You'd think that.

But if a busload of humans fall on the borderline of territories, then the gloves are off!

Laughing That would be a lot of fun to see!

I'd like to think that they would share them though! Well, Katrika would share with Crisis and Vivian and DEFINATELY with Anna!

Katrika-"oh shush Zoekin!"
Back to top Go down
veeshan123
Helpless prey
veeshan123

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Anthropology/Sociology/Psychology Discussion Thread   Felarya Anthropology/Sociology/Psychology Discussion Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 11:01 am

The majority of Felarya Dridders aren't very popular because they really make no effort to seek that Wink Their actions also seem to make matters worse (ie, inflicting pain on purpose)

Naxyla Driders came across the same issues when they started dimension hopping, although it had more to do with the fact humanoids don't like to be eaten. They'd rather stay unnoticed and thus why they wouldn't seek popularity. The bad rep of the Felarya Dridders doesn't help as well, since they can resemble eachother on casual glance and thus the Naxyla Driders might draw whatever ire their less-then-popular cousins would normally receive.
Back to top Go down
Feign
Marauder of the deep jungle
Marauder of the deep jungle
Feign

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Anthropology/Sociology/Psychology Discussion Thread   Felarya Anthropology/Sociology/Psychology Discussion Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 1:35 pm

This is just my take on the situation, but I imagine Nagas having a much different worldview between males and females. Basicly, the females being non-territorial even down to not caring about who mates with who.

On the other hand, I picture male nagas being fiercely territorial amongst themselves, to the point of deadly combat. But at the same time, I picture them having a sense of honor that keeps them from stabbing each other in the back or ambushing males who happen to be passing through territory. And I picture them being smart enough to keep down their hostile instincts when there is a task requiring multi territorial forces (like a Dridder attack).

This stemmed from "The Gender Issue" thread, but I think it makes a pretty good dynamic. "Careful around the male nagas. The females are better hunters. They've survived to adulthood by winning a lifetime of battles among their peers."

Also of note, males are much more likely to be using armor and weapons, due to an upbringing of face to face combat rather than stealthy hunting.
Back to top Go down
lami
Veteran knight
Veteran knight

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Anthropology/Sociology/Psychology Discussion Thread   Felarya Anthropology/Sociology/Psychology Discussion Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 2:37 pm

Feign wrote:

On the other hand, I picture male nagas being fiercely territorial amongst themselves, to the point of deadly combat. But at the same time, I picture them having a sense of honor that keeps them from stabbing each other in the back or ambushing males who happen to be passing through territory. And I picture them being smart enough to keep down their hostile instincts when there is a task requiring multi territorial forces (like a Dridder attack).

This i could easily see, although no snakes do it, many species of mammals do have set rules in how to duel for territory and mates,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Anthropology/Sociology/Psychology Discussion Thread   Felarya Anthropology/Sociology/Psychology Discussion Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Felarya Anthropology/Sociology/Psychology Discussion Thread
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2