Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dimensional stability

Go down 
+3
Karbo
Shady Knight
Crash Override
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Crash Override
Tasty morsel
Crash Override

Dimensional stability Empty
PostSubject: Dimensional stability   Dimensional stability Icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 12:26 am

Felarya is dimensionally unstable.
We know this but just how unstable is it in comparison. i am proposing a score for dimensional stability and some examples for said scores as follows

Completely Unstable : constantly and uncontrollably shifting dimensions non stop.
____Highly Unstable :
_________Unstable : Felarya
___Slightly Unstable :
__________Neutral : standard. goes with the flow. humans, nekos ,nagas, etc
_____Slightly Stable : Faries Dimentional Size Shifting putes them in this category.
___________Stable : Dimensional Dragon, dimensional trapper ect.
______Highly Stable : Able to naturally create interdenominational portals that others can use .
__Completely Stable : totally stable and completely unable to shift dimensions at all, cannot use portals or teleport.

Alternativly a number value, 1.0 for completely stable 0 for neutral -1.0 for completely unstable, could be used.

Last edited by Crash Override on Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Dimensional stability   Dimensional stability Icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 8:06 am

I like this idea. It can add more depth to each zone created by giving it a scale of how much (un)stable the zone is. However, it's only me, but I see it that the more unstable the dimension is, the easier it is to use dimensional warp, although it would be a lot more random.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Dimensional stability   Dimensional stability Icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 11:35 am

That's an interesting idea, yes Smile
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
L'Ryn
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
L'Ryn

PostSubject: Re: Dimensional stability   Dimensional stability Icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 11:53 am

Felarya has no neeeed for a richter scale!

It has a DIMENSIONAL STABILITY SCALE.

That is how amazingly awesome it is. lol XD
Back to top Go down
Outlaw
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer
Outlaw

PostSubject: Re: Dimensional stability   Dimensional stability Icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 3:10 pm

Its a good idea. As said it helps vary the areas and creates a nice form for information. (Plus it goes with an idea I had Evil laugh)
Back to top Go down
Crash Override
Tasty morsel
Crash Override

PostSubject: Re: Dimensional stability   Dimensional stability Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 9:56 pm

thanks, i came up with this idea when thinking about the mechanics of inter dimensional travel and how it affects things in the Felarya universe, many beings and areas of Felayra are affected by it, for example Elle who sometimes shifts dimensions when she sleeps with a full stomach.

I do for see one problem with implementing this idea into the wiki and that is the sheer amount of editing required. After all adding a new property to every location, character, and creature is no small feat and would take many hours of tedious and repetitive work. However because adding the dimensional stability property to everything would not be necessary or practical, I think that if used it need only be added to those beings and places that are not the norm, for instance most of Felarya is unstable so only areas that are not unstable would need this property, the same goes for characters and creatures, the large majority of them are dimensionally neutral so only those that differ from this need to have the dimensional stability property added to them.

Thoughts anyone?

Last edited by Crash Override on Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
11cookeaw1
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
11cookeaw1

PostSubject: Re: Dimensional stability   Dimensional stability Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 6:55 pm

that would be good.
Back to top Go down
foaly
Tasty morsel

PostSubject: Re: Dimensional stability   Dimensional stability Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 10:33 pm

This Idea is awsome!
It just has to be added. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dimensional stability   Dimensional stability Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dimensional stability
Page 1 of 1