Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So, when's the communication going to start?

Go down 
+20
Vaderaz
Pendragon
French snack
Darkstorm Zero
Shady Knight
Prof.Nekko
sparkythechu
Archmage_Bael
asaenvolk
Asuroth
Karbo
ZionAtriedes
Anime-Junkie
neko-pet
luke112
Slimetoad
Nyaha
Jætte_Troll
thejackle123
rcs619
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

So, when's the communication going to start? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: So, when's the communication going to start?   So, when's the communication going to start? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 4:10 pm

For talking, I created a nice little topic people seem to be consistently ignoring called "What Felarya Means to You" I really suggest taking a look at it, and responding seriously. We need to get blood flowing again. By that I mean movement, not cuts and wounds.

Getting to know people is fine too, but I think in the end there will need to be a decision to be made before we can really fully mend. Though I'm liking people's eagerness here, some people still need to come out and talk more. Just because you feel you might have done something wrong is more excuse. If anything, I give more respect for those who continue to speak up and attempt to help unity even though people accuse them of things. Humans are social creatures, we cant just all sit in the corner, no matter how silent you feel like being.
Back to top Go down
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

PostSubject: Re: So, when's the communication going to start?   So, when's the communication going to start? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 4:51 pm

Now recently have i have been able to chat with AJ via yahoo and we've been chatting up a storm
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: So, when's the communication going to start?   So, when's the communication going to start? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 4:53 pm

so I've heard. I talk with AJ quite a bit myself Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sparkythechu
Survivor
Survivor
sparkythechu

PostSubject: Re: So, when's the communication going to start?   So, when's the communication going to start? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 5:55 pm

Wow, all this talk is making me want to join in. As of right now, AIM and PM's are the best way to contact me, if you're interested. I'm also seriously considering joining into Vent and MSM, and though my hatred of giving off info about myself may make me stay quiet on Vent for a while, I'll be sure to chime in when the time is right. Feel free to contact me if I'm ever on. (My time zone added to my weird sleep patterns and crazy times I'm online my make contacting me a bit difficult at times, but don't let that stop you from trying. I'll at least reply if I get you message.)
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/BoltAscendent
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: So, when's the communication going to start?   So, when's the communication going to start? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 6:05 pm

I highly recommend getting MSN, since it allows group conversations. Unfortunately yahoo doesn't.
Remember that you can attach an MSN account to ANY existing email adress, even a yahoo one.
Oh also, everyone is free to add me on MSN, just make sure to tell me who you are when you add me.

Last edited by Anime-Junkie on Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Prof.Nekko
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Prof.Nekko

PostSubject: Re: So, when's the communication going to start?   So, when's the communication going to start? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 6:17 pm

Strong Fact: I really really REALLY wanna see Karbo on vent... Just cause I'm interested in hearing what he sounds like.

Pretty please with a whipped Cream covered Crisis on top?

Side note: Karbo doesn't have to worry too much about his OC's eating him... Kikis however are dangerous to him.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: So, when's the communication going to start?   So, when's the communication going to start? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 6:31 pm

It's only recently that I have began emerging from the depths of my grotto and began interacting with people on Ventrilo. I actually made friends with old enemies, and it has the psychological effect of making me less worried about not having a lot of visitors on my dA page. I'm also trying to add more contact to my MSN, but I think the process of actually discussing stuff may be slow, unless it's about a disagreement or something.

Ye can find mine contacts on mine profile, so don't be afraid to add mine contacts to yon MSN.

In other news, Happy Day of Birth, Cliff.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

PostSubject: Re: So, when's the communication going to start?   So, when's the communication going to start? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 6:36 pm

Spoiler:

EDIT: Okay, we all make typos. I'm just being an asshole with this one.

EDIT2: Can anyone tell me what that sign says?
Back to top Go down
Darkstorm Zero
Darkstorm Zero

PostSubject: Re: So, when's the communication going to start?   So, when's the communication going to start? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 7:27 pm

This is better.

This is much better.

I don't feel like blowing up in this thread, and thats a vast improvement.

Guys, I give you all a gold star: So, when's the communication going to start? - Page 2 Gold_star3
Back to top Go down
http://darkstormzero.deviantart.com/
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: So, when's the communication going to start?   So, when's the communication going to start? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 7:38 pm

ZionAtriedes wrote:
Spoiler:

Translation: Do not buy me! Do not eat me! Do not sell me! Respect me!
Back to top Go down
Prof.Nekko
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Prof.Nekko

PostSubject: Re: So, when's the communication going to start?   So, when's the communication going to start? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 7:40 pm

Spoiler:

IT'S MINE ALL MINE!!! *steals and runs off*

Oh right also if I know you well enough I'll add you to MSN on request... But I kinda have to know you well enough first
Back to top Go down
sparkythechu
Survivor
Survivor
sparkythechu

PostSubject: Re: So, when's the communication going to start?   So, when's the communication going to start? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 7:46 pm

I've officially joined Vent, so...yeah...say hey if you see me.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/BoltAscendent
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

PostSubject: Re: So, when's the communication going to start?   So, when's the communication going to start? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 9:17 pm

Sean Okotami wrote:
ZionAtriedes wrote:
Spoiler:

Translation: Do not buy me! Do not eat me! Do not sell me! Respect me!
Thank you. Not nearly as funny as I had hoped.
Back to top Go down
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: So, when's the communication going to start?   So, when's the communication going to start? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 11:38 pm

I always have been, and remain, available to those who'd like to talk to me. As most people know, I interact in a friendly and regular manner with most members of the community - which, I reiterate, goes well beyond the forum. There is a vibrant, healthy community made of people interacting in a friendly and respectful manner. It's always been there, and it's continuing quite nicely without any drama.

Anyone who wants to get in touch with me can always, and has always been able to, drop me a line (or a great number of lines) by private message on the forum, or by note on dA. I'm always quite happy to connect with people in that way, and get to know them.

For reasons which I mentioned in the previous thread, you're not particularly likely to see me in the chatbox, or Ventrillo, or MSN. As I said, I have neither the time nor the inclination for chats, and I have had neither of those for years. In my teens I was on IMs about as often as anyone else, but I virtually stopped using instant messages over a decade ago, when I began some pretty intensive and time-consuming studies. Today, in addition to be admittedly a rather private person by nature (which is no great sin last time I checked), I have a full-time job which includes work at home as well as at my workplace. I can honestly say that it's been many years since I've been bored; I constantly have things that I need to do, or want to catch up on doing. During every waking hour, my brain is filled with lists of things to do. It can be mildly stressful in itself, but it's simply the way I function. In that context, I decided long ago that instant messaging was too distracting and time consuming. I don't use it even with my closest friends, and haven't done so for a long time.

Having no time for boredom means prioritising one's activities. I come to Felarya to relax - something which has been made rather difficult by recent events, bringing me far more stress than relaxation. I happen to write stories which a lot of people enjoy (primarily, I'm told, for their character interactions, character development, and engagement with readers' emotions). I also engage with others, comment on their works, and I've provided what few writing tips I could to those who've asked me for some. I definitely don't think that level of interaction makes me "cut off" from the community - not unless one happens to adopt a strangely narrow and restrictive definition of the latter.

Nevertheless, I've always been open to having PM/note conversations with anyone, and that remains the case. If anyone feels they don't know me and would like to remedy that, my door's open, so to speak. I'm a rather quiet, slightly reserved but pleasant enough sort of chap. When people are civil and friendly, I respond in kind.

If you wish to achieve greater communication, I would say there are several ways of going about that. One, as you've quite rightly done, would be to encourage more people to come to the chatroom, or similar places. I can't personally while away idle hours in there, but for others who would like to and might not be aware of it, it's a good idea to advertise it.

A second way would be to draw people back to the forum, by gradually enabling it to have once more a reputation as a friendly, welcoming place. That can be achieved not only by remaining civil on the forum, but by refraining from childishly nasty comments elsewhere (on dA or in chatrooms), which have led people to perceive that forumgoers might be snarky and aggressive, or that there might be ill-feeling between sections of the community. (Hardly a situation that anyone still outside would want to become involved in.) This, of course, goes for everyone.

A third way would be for people who frequent only the forum and chatrooms to become more involved with the active, healthy and friendly community which mostly centres on dA. It's full of intelligent, pleasant contributors (primarily writers, but not only). There are people who are active on the forum, and who contribute a lot to Felarya here, but who are never seen commenting on most people's works, and who simply do not engage with that broader part of the community. I want to emphasise that there is nothing inherently wrong with that. At least, to me there isn't. I happen to think that everyone should get on with contributing and interacting in whatever ways they prefer. It should feel like a pleasure, not like a burden. But if you do want to achieve a more connected community, there are lots of people out there whom forumgoers could reach out to and show an interest in. (Heck, some of them do post their stories here too, but only get responses here from a small number of people.)

I remain, as ever, available to anyone who'd like to get in touch.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: So, when's the communication going to start?   So, when's the communication going to start? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 3:20 am

Prof.Nekko wrote:
Strong Fact: I really really REALLY wanna see Karbo on vent... Just cause I'm interested in hearing what he sounds like.

Pretty please with a whipped Cream covered Crisis on top?

Side note: Karbo doesn't have to worry too much about his OC's eating him... Kikis however are dangerous to him.

Erm to be honnest I doubt you will ever see me in ventrilo ^^;
I just don't feel easy at all speaking english in a live voice chat , I struggle too much to simply keep track of the conversations and find my words. I'm afraid there is still a big language barrier here...
As for chat in general, well even before those latest events and that break I'm taking with it, I was planning to seriously reduce the amount of time I was putting in it. I have a pretty demanding new job lately and I fear chatting is consuming time pretty fast... But I want to stress that there is no problem if anybody want to send me a message here or on DA. Those who do know that I make a point to always try to respond swiftly .

as for Kiki's characters, I know ! And I'm suspicious of Kiki herself in that matter too XP

rcs619 wrote:

Ahh, that is good to hear then. I know I wasn't the only one that was getting concerned about that. With all of the harsh words and high emotions that occured during the drama, and then seeing so little of you afterwards...there were a few of us that were concerned permanent damage may have been done to our friendships and that you just didn't want anything to do with us.
There has been some serious dammages indeed but I don't want to think it's permanent nor something that can't be mended with time.

Last edited by Karbo on Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: So, when's the communication going to start?   So, when's the communication going to start? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 5:44 am

Sad

Sounds like everyone is making up. That's good, I guess.
Back to top Go down
Vaderaz
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Vaderaz

PostSubject: Re: So, when's the communication going to start?   So, when's the communication going to start? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 6:23 am

Karbo wrote:

Erm to be honnest I doubt you will ever see me in ventrilo ^^;
I just don't feel easy at all speaking english in a live voice chat , I struggle too much to simply keep track of the conversations and find my words. I'm afraid there is still a big language barrier here...

(je te le fais pas dire XD)
Hehe, you are not alone, trust me, I 've this problem too xD specially when there is a lot of people ^^' (I use the micro only when there are a few people)
Though I admit, I would have liked to see you once in a while , so maybe I can say one or two things in french to someone :C
Back to top Go down
http://vaderaz.deviantart.com/
Stabs
Stabs

PostSubject: Re: So, when's the communication going to start?   So, when's the communication going to start? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 9:03 am

I don't care who started it anymore, but I'll do everything in my power to end it.
I'll do everything in my power to make this place more friendly, and to promote bonds all over this community.

It's time to make it sing!
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: So, when's the communication going to start?   So, when's the communication going to start? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 1:04 am

Yeah, there are people who know french who go there. Maybe a room could be made for them to talk in. I know it can be distracting to have two groups of people with each other talking in different languages. Personally I REALLY need to brush up on my french, and listening to you guys talk IRL would be so helpful I can't even begin to describe.

So yeah, and you can always have ventrilo minimized. I do that while modeling and using photoshop.
Back to top Go down
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

PostSubject: Re: So, when's the communication going to start?   So, when's the communication going to start? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 10:40 am

Archmage_Bael wrote:
So yeah, and you can always have ventrilo minimized. I do that while modeling and using photoshop.
I just re-size my browser window to take up about 80% of my screen, and have Vent and the Vent Chat window open in the 20% on the right edge. This way I can surf the web and see who's talking, type in chat, etc.
Back to top Go down
PrinnyDood
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
PrinnyDood

PostSubject: Re: So, when's the communication going to start?   So, when's the communication going to start? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 11:06 pm

Wow, I'm away from the forum for a month, and all sorts of stuff goes down in my absence. Possibly for the best that I missed the worst of it though, considering my skill at defusing tense situations is questionable at the best of times.

That said, I'm glad things seem to have taken a turn for the better. For my part, I think I'll make an attempt to be more active on this forum in the future. A combination of little free time and the inherent intimidation factor of being around all the 'old school' regulars, has made me neglect this aspect of the community a bit, especially recently. From now on I'll strive to be an active participant both here and at DA, as time permits.

Finally, I second the motion that we sing. My suggestion?

The robot unicorn attack song:
Harmony harmony oh love!
Back to top Go down
http://prinnydood-abides.deviantart.com/
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: So, when's the communication going to start?   So, when's the communication going to start? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 6:14 pm

oh yeah, speaking of communication - why don't we have links to all the satellite felarya communities? like in a thread that's stickied? I would think that would be one of the most important things, and I can say it's not obvious if that exists.

So aside from deviantART and the Forum, we also have TVtropes, a couple other abandoned forums, the ventrilo, and the IRC. Is that about right? I say we should make links to every other felarya community in each of the individual sub-communities (like put links somewhere obvious on the deviantART group so people know) within the whole. That way people will know that there IS a forum, or that we DO have vent, or things like that. It will speed up communication.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: So, when's the communication going to start?   So, when's the communication going to start? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 6:18 pm

The abandoned forums are probably unnecessary, since as their name implies, are abandoned, so why would anybody still be there?
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: So, when's the communication going to start?   So, when's the communication going to start? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 6:26 pm

Yeah, but that doesn't excuse not having links to all the other satellite communities. Why do we keep ignoring them by not putting links up in each of them? I think it's odd we wonder why the community is so divided. The answer is kinda staring us in the face.
Back to top Go down
asaenvolk
Marauder of the deep jungle
Marauder of the deep jungle
asaenvolk

PostSubject: Re: So, when's the communication going to start?   So, when's the communication going to start? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 7:00 pm

hmm? was there more than one?
Back to top Go down
http://asaenvolk.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So, when's the communication going to start?   So, when's the communication going to start? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So, when's the communication going to start?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next