Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So, when's the communication going to start?

Go down 
+20
Vaderaz
Pendragon
French snack
Darkstorm Zero
Shady Knight
Prof.Nekko
sparkythechu
Archmage_Bael
asaenvolk
Asuroth
Karbo
ZionAtriedes
Anime-Junkie
neko-pet
luke112
Slimetoad
Nyaha
Jætte_Troll
thejackle123
rcs619
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

So, when's the communication going to start? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: So, when's the communication going to start?   So, when's the communication going to start? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 7:11 pm

asaenvolk wrote:
hmm? was there more than one?

Someone tried to make a combined forum/community/art/stories site a couple years back, but it didn't go so well. Got swarmed by spam-bots to the point where the site was almost impossible to do anything on. Plus, most people thought the forum was good enough, so we all just kept going here.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: So, when's the communication going to start?   So, when's the communication going to start? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 8:17 pm

Bael, you make it sound like there are other satellite communities.
I really don't know of any. There's dA, this forum, Felarya IRC and then Ventrilo. The abandoned failed forum is dead, the security there plain wasn't good enough. You said abandoned fourms though.
What other ones are there? There is no Felarya TV tropes community, that's something maintained by the forum.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: So, when's the communication going to start?   So, when's the communication going to start? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 11:32 pm

people have stumbled on the TVTropes first though, is that linked to the forum? is there a link to the forum from the DA group somewhere easy to see? I heard tale of a SL felarya community too. Also on the forum there are no links to the other (fine, things) related to felarya posted anywhere. you know it took me forever to learn that even a forum existed when I was looking on DA at felarya stuff? If there was an easy link to all the other felarya sites out there then we would have more members.

This stuff is not obvious. It may be obvious to us, but not to them.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: So, when's the communication going to start?   So, when's the communication going to start? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 12:14 am

Indeed, there is a link to the forum and the wiki on the deviantART group, however it is really, really easy to miss.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: So, when's the communication going to start?   So, when's the communication going to start? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 12:29 am

what about the IRC, and vent? there needs to be links of ALL of these on every felarya...area? region? sub-community thing? if you know what I'm trying to get at. It's really, really important, and it's one of the reasons for having such a split community. I'll let you know it was a half year before I even knew the forum existed after I found the IRC in the first place, which took a month of hard searching. that was just because I figured felarya must have some kind of group thing. I didn't know the wiki existed until after I found the forum either. or something like that - the dates are pretty close.
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: So, when's the communication going to start?   So, when's the communication going to start? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 4:21 am

I wouldn't get your hopes up Bael. People here have a seething hatred of the IRC and everyone on it.
Back to top Go down
Slimetoad
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Slimetoad

PostSubject: Re: So, when's the communication going to start?   So, when's the communication going to start? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 4:45 am

Pendragon wrote:
I wouldn't get your hopes up Bael. People here have a seething hatred of the IRC and everyone on it.

Are you ever going to post something that isn't a variation of "you people suck"? Because it's getting really irking
Back to top Go down
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: So, when's the communication going to start?   So, when's the communication going to start? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 8:10 am

Pendragon wrote:

That's not exactly helpful. Kindly refrain from comments that accuse people of "hatred" and are likely to draw angry replies.
Back to top Go down
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

PostSubject: Re: So, when's the communication going to start?   So, when's the communication going to start? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 9:10 am

French snack wrote:
Pendragon wrote:

That's not exactly helpful. Kindly refrain from comments that accuse people of "hatred" and are likely to draw angry replies.
Yeah. The last thing we want is another argument.
Back to top Go down
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

PostSubject: Re: So, when's the communication going to start?   So, when's the communication going to start? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 9:25 am

AJ and i have talked on yahoo about some of my ideas concerning the 605th militia but we never had a chance to finish our conversiotion and if you want to ask what i got schemed up in my head about my ideas you can ask me at anytime.
Back to top Go down
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

PostSubject: Re: So, when's the communication going to start?   So, when's the communication going to start? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 9:41 am

Rcs, dont start fucking up with me again. Nice rhetoric here to make people agree with you, congrats. I've never said "my side won". It's stupid and it shows how much you do not even follow your own advices about starting flaming. Carry on, you might succeed a day.

Let me give you this advice: if you dont want another shitload going on, you shut up about me and be respectful. This happened on MY dA. wait, i'll repeat...MY-MY-MY-MY dA. Is it clear enough? I do whatever I want on MY dA. It has nothing to do with Felarya community. It's my own personal page. Do not even try to bring it here. It is all your fault if you wanted to react to my journal. Blame yourself.

Now, I'm sorry to the rest of you. It was a pretty thread going on. So, just dont take care of my comment.
Back to top Go down
http://krisexy26.deviantart.com/
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

PostSubject: Re: So, when's the communication going to start?   So, when's the communication going to start? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 9:51 am

ok people let us put the troubled time behind us and have a drink of vodka as friends.
Back to top Go down
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

PostSubject: Re: So, when's the communication going to start?   So, when's the communication going to start? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 9:53 am

i agree with you luke!
Back to top Go down
http://krisexy26.deviantart.com/
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: So, when's the communication going to start?   So, when's the communication going to start? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 10:04 am

ZionAtriedes wrote:
French snack wrote:
Pendragon wrote:

yes definitely.

Let me just remind you all though that I'm from the IRC initially, it was my first real stepping stone into the community, and whether or not people find it useful, that doesn't mean it should go ignored. It's been around since the early days of the community too.

My point still stands though: where are all the references to all the other community locations on each of the sites? I can't find them anywhere. I'm not letting this down this time. I've suggested it at least a few times over the course of my experience and every single time I've been ignored - so I'm not gonna let this down. It's very, very important. (I'm calling anything that houses groups of felarya members a community. That means vent, too. as a community.)
Back to top Go down
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

PostSubject: Re: So, when's the communication going to start?   So, when's the communication going to start? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 11:05 am

Krisexy26 wrote:
Rcs, dont start fucking up with me again. Nice rhetoric here to make people agree with you, congrats. I've never said "my side won". It's stupid and it shows how much you do not even follow your own advices about starting flaming. Carry on, you might succeed a day.

Let me give you this advice: if you dont want another shitload going on, you shut up about me and be respectful. This happened on MY dA. wait, i'll repeat...MY-MY-MY-MY dA. Is it clear enough? I do whatever I want on MY dA. It has nothing to do with Felarya community. It's my own personal page. Do not even try to bring it here. It is all your fault if you wanted to react to my journal. Blame yourself.

Now, I'm sorry to the rest of you. It was a pretty thread going on. So, just dont take care of my comment.

This thread was going nicely finally, then you cussed Cliff out. That's not really acceptable...
Back to top Go down
http://aisukaiko.deviantart.com
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: So, when's the communication going to start?   So, when's the communication going to start? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 11:16 am

If she said not to pay any attention to it, then why are we going on about it?

Also if you just wanted to tell cliff, then you could have sent him a PM about it I think. That would probably have been better...
Back to top Go down
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

PostSubject: Re: So, when's the communication going to start?   So, when's the communication going to start? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 11:34 am

Archmage_Bael wrote:
ZionAtriedes wrote:
French snack wrote:
Pendragon wrote:

yes definitely.

Let me just remind you all though that I'm from the IRC initially, it was my first real stepping stone into the community, and whether or not people find it useful, that doesn't mean it should go ignored. It's been around since the early days of the community too.
I myself have never been to the IRC, and I hold a few controversial views on what comprises the "core community", but I've learned to pretty much keep that to myself. I do, however, think that we should unite the various bastions of Felaryadom in a Great Crusade, and form a glorious Imperium!
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: So, when's the communication going to start?   So, when's the communication going to start? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 11:40 am

Krisexy26 wrote:

Keep on talking all you want. All it does is make you look bad. i'd be careful how I acted on the forum though, since people can and will punish people here who flame and cause trouble. Way to come into a peaceful thread with nothing but anger and hostility, by the way. Some of us actually want to help this community, Kri. Some of us don't want any more drama or in-fighting. If you don't want to help with that, its probably best if you just go away.

Whether it happened on your DA or not, you still created a journal just to bash and complain about people, and to generate more drama. Not only is it petty and immature, it is terrible for the community. Especially if the people who watch you don't visit the forum, don't interact with other people, and are only hearing your side of the argument. You could be driving away people not only from the forum, but the community itself with stunts like that. You really need to think about the big picture when you're a part of a community. It isn't just about you.

Quote :
My point still stands though: where are all the references to all the other community locations on each of the sites? I can't find them anywhere. I'm not letting this down this time. I've suggested it at least a few times over the course of my experience and every single time I've been ignored - so I'm not gonna let this down. It's very, very important. (I'm calling anything that houses groups of felarya members a community. That means vent, too. as a community.)

The only real locations of the Felarya community these days are the Forum, DA, Vent, the IRC and the Instant messengers. The other site got overrun by spam-bots and abandoned. Let's see...Karbo does have his own section on Eka's portal, and a couple threads on Giantess City, but just by reading them, its clear that most of the people posting in them don't really care about the setting, so much as how it interacts with their fetishes. So yeah, its pretty much just DA, the Forum, Vent, the IRC and the various Instant messengers.

Quote :
This thread was going nicely finally, then you cussed Cliff out. That's not really acceptable...

Nah, its fine man. Let her keep talking. All it does is make her look worse and worse. Just let her rant while we ignore her and keep going with the thread. She likes drama, remember? She probably just wants this whole thing to break down and burn. Besides, if she goes too far, its the forum...and she CAN be held accountable here.
Back to top Go down
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

PostSubject: Re: So, when's the communication going to start?   So, when's the communication going to start? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 11:45 am

I'd be happier if she stopped and the drama was nipped at the bud. I don't think it's worth another mess...
Back to top Go down
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

PostSubject: Re: So, when's the communication going to start?   So, when's the communication going to start? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 11:47 am

AisuKaiko wrote:
I'd be happier if she stopped and the drama was nipped at the bud. I don't think it's worth another mess...
As would I. Hopefully things settle down for good.

Aisu, if you aren't on Vent by the time you read this, GET ON HERE.
Back to top Go down
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

PostSubject: Re: So, when's the communication going to start?   So, when's the communication going to start? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 11:47 am

Lol, gimme a bit; I'm working on my game. Once I finish a few things, I'll open up my laptop and get on Vent :3
Back to top Go down
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

PostSubject: Re: So, when's the communication going to start?   So, when's the communication going to start? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 11:53 am

AisuKaiko wrote:
Lol, gimme a bit; I'm working on my game. Once I finish a few things, I'll open up my laptop and get on Vent :3
Good. I was alone on here for too long. Then Bagel and Jasc showed up, and then Cliff and Cauldron. We're starting a party up in here, dude.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So, when's the communication going to start?   So, when's the communication going to start? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So, when's the communication going to start?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3