Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

General Q and A

Go down 
+75
Darth_Nergal
Emerald Electronic
Oldman40k2003
Venom Agato
vore4life99
DaNoob13
DarkOne
Ilceren
McKindle
2Ron2R
AzureJass
HeavenlessStar
Boris92
Malahite
hhhat09
FalconJudge
jedi-explorer
EvilGenius
parameciumkid
Paltiel
Greyman
timing2
Rezec
/Fish/
Tango
Beefnautz
Pendragon
sadisticnerd
Axel Hunter
Archmage_Bael
MrNobody13
Darkstorm Zero
Black Aquila
ZionAtriedes
Iavlas
Silent_eric
TryMeIke
French snack
Saironthis
walkingbyself
Black Hole Fragment
Primeval Hunter
Nyaha
Krisexy26
gwadahunter2222
Vaderaz
zersergathant
TheArchvile
TheLightLost
AisuKaiko
itsmeyouidiot
CauldronBorn24
Slimetoad
Feadraug
Amaroq
macdaddy
The Ultimate
Claire
sparkythechu
Pim18
Jasconius
kikijonson
Anime-Junkie
luke112
aethernavale
Shady Knight
buddha66667
Prof.Nekko
Karbo
Jætte_Troll
Solomon
Sehoolighan
Grave
rcs619
Stabs
79 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

General Q and A - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 5:30 pm

Jætte_Troll wrote:
Karbo, when he replied to it "great work on this", I think. You know, because his opinion is sort of important.
He said it's a great work but not state is the best there is a difference between great and best. And if I remember some of you signed a letter where you complained about the fact he found every work great or good.
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
Grave
Marauder of the deep jungle
Grave

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 5:38 pm

Heh, stupid arguments like this are going to scare Karbo away from commenting on people's work at all.....
Back to top Go down
Vaderaz
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Vaderaz

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 6:02 pm

Jackal... wolf ... you are just doing a big deal out of nothing , really.
It's just a comparison! Kensha beast don't need to be exactly 6 legged jackals or 6 legged wolf, but something similar, just to give the idea.
Back to top Go down
http://vaderaz.deviantart.com/
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 6:08 pm

gwadahunter2222 wrote:
Jætte_Troll wrote:
Karbo, when he replied to it "great work on this", I think. You know, because his opinion is sort of important.
He said it's a great work but not state is the best there is a difference between great and best. And if I remember some of you signed a letter where you complained about the fact he found every work great or good.

Where the hell did this come from, Gwada? Why are you digging up old drama that has only JUST settled down? What the heck is wrong with you tonight? All you've done is lash out at people and try to start arguments.

Jeatte was just pointing out the facts. Tango's drawing IS the best drawing of a Kensha Beast to date.The only other ones were Casey's old one that looked like a lizard, and the Kensha in Karbo's size-chart. There are also the shadowy outlines of Kenshas we see in the mangas, but I wouldn't really count them as a full-on Kensha drawing.
Back to top Go down
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 6:15 pm

Mods, I agree with AJ, this discussion should be moved.
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 6:20 pm

gt500x wrote:
Mods, I agree with AJ, this discussion should be moved.

Or just delete this whole chain of comments. There's not much discussion to be had here. If it keeps going, it could get out of hand, especially with Gwada willing to drag up past drama out of nowhere.

Anyways...

Nothing to see here. Move along.

NEXT QUESTION ^^
Back to top Go down
Grave
Grave

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 6:34 pm

rcs619 wrote:

NEXT QUESTION ^^

WHY ARE PANCAKES BETTER THAN WAFFLES?

*Cough*

Sorry, got caught up in the caps moment....

Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 6:35 pm

rcs619 wrote:
Jeatte was just pointing out the facts. Tango's drawing IS the best drawing of a Kensha Beast to date.The only other ones were Casey's old one that looked like a lizard, and the Kensha in Karbo's size-chart. There are also the shadowy outlines of Kenshas we see in the mangas, but I wouldn't really count them as a full-on Kensha drawing.

Nothing confirm what you say except it's your personal opinion. There is a HUGE difference between to be the best and to be great. You affirms thing where there is nothing to confirm it or until when you ask Karbo. He said it's not true. The only thing I know it share by only a group of people and when other people takes another path the former group becomes aggressive and harass the latter. You say thing is right or wrong but what you estimate as truth are pure supposition and we search some confirmation we found nothing except it's just a theory but nothing validates it.

You start your first answer the fact people considers kenshas beast as wolf is a misconception but it states it's a wolf but you stae it's a jackal-like creature, this thing was discussed in the forums many times but nothing states it was true or not. The main argument was based on real life biology but this same real life biology states a beast many people was thought to be a jackal was in reality a wolf. After you argue the issue is about the original creators but the description was written with his agreement. In what you based yourself to affirm there was a mistake.
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 2:15 am

Ok let's stop right there.

Gwadahunter : if you have problem with Cliff, send him a PM, but don' *start* a flame out of nowhere.
If you think there is a fault in a reasoning that you want to point out, do it without putting oil on fire and without re-invoking events that have better be put in the past.

Gwada is right however by pointing the fact I never said this Kensha picture was "the best" or the "closest" representation of what a Kensha is.... It's certainly a nice one but saying I said that is putting words in my mouth. If some people think it's the best, well that's totally fine, but don't make me say what I haven't say for the sake of "winning" an argument please, I don't like that at all.
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 6:17 am

Can't we just settle and say that Kensha Beasts are "wolf-like" in appearance or resemble wolves? We know they're not actual wolves or jackals, so why are we harping on it?

Next question: due to a lack information on the wiki, what is the average height of a Nemesis. Also, since they can extend their neck like a rokuro-kubi, are their throat somewhat stretchy? I assume they are if they can move it when extended without any issues
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
buddha66667
Great warrior
Great warrior
buddha66667

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 7:10 am

Well since we are on the subject of size I was also wondering what the average size of demi-chimeras and scorpisaïs.
Back to top Go down
Solomon

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 12:20 pm

Anime-Junkie wrote:
Solomon, it's not just a "good idea." You are required to ask people before you use their characters.
(The only exception is zoekin, who made a public statement that it's ok for people to use his characters without asking.)

Thank you for letting me know A.J. I'll be sure to ask before using anyone else's characters in my story's^^

oh I also have a question, on this forum does your avatar show what your Felarya OC looks like Question
Back to top Go down
buddha66667
Great warrior
Great warrior
buddha66667

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 12:27 pm

Solomon please remember 1 question at a time, and to answer your question no your avatar does not need to be your own OC it's just people like to show off their work. Take a look at timing2's avatar I am reasonably sure that one of his OC's isn't a stop watch.
Back to top Go down
Feadraug
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Feadraug

Location : The Forest of Whispers, along with Kyria and Seelvee

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 12:35 pm

buddha66667 wrote:
Solomon please remember 1 question at a time, and to answer your question no your avatar does not need to be your own OC it's just people like to show off their work. Take a look at timing2's avatar I am reasonably sure that one of his OC's isn't a stop watch.

It isn't necessary to show off your own work, but maybe your avatar is just your OC drawn by someone else... well, not my case, the drawing is mine. xD

Anyway, avatars are just that, avatars for a forum. They don't have to represent one of your OC's, it can just be a random picture you like to represent you in the forum, nothing else - that's an avatar, after all.
Back to top Go down
http://paridas.carlosbg.es
buddha66667
Great warrior
Great warrior
buddha66667

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 12:37 pm

Well back onto the question that was open before Solomon decided to butt in. What are the average heights of nemesises, demi-chimeras, and scorpisaïs?
Back to top Go down
Grave
Grave

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 11:36 am

Since the thread got split off I'll reput a post that somehow got knocked off with the rest.

Would a true tiny taste any different to a neko than a shrunken human?

For instance, if a a neko in the wild found a human who took a dip in the shrinking pool, would they be able to tell the difference?

Would they care even if the knew? Or are shrunken humans just as tasty to them?

Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 2:32 am

that's a difficult question to reply, since I obviously didn't tried either XP
but I imagine that yes each of them would carry a distinct flavor.
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Feadraug
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Feadraug

Location : The Forest of Whispers, along with Kyria and Seelvee

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 2:40 am

The thing is that you can't think of tinies as "little humans". Tomthumbs and Efrii will look similar to us, for example, but they aren't humans anyways. So that means that they won't possible taste like humans...

Still, I can't prove anything either, I don't go around licking people to find their flavor. xD
Back to top Go down
http://paridas.carlosbg.es
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 3:03 am

hell, i dont even what my taste is >.<
Back to top Go down
http://krisexy26.deviantart.com/
Grave
Grave

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 4:06 pm

Hmmmm.....I wonder if they taste good to nekos anyway.....
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 6:37 pm

This is a silly question since I've been role playing with Bagel often, but do fairies often have multiple mates? Basically, assuming that a fairy is in a relationship with another fairy, is it common for the same fairy to be in a relationship with another one at the same time? Sort of like polygamy, only not including marriage.
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 10:22 pm

Sean Okotami wrote:
This is a silly question since I've been role playing with Bagel often, but do fairies often have multiple mates? Basically, assuming that a fairy is in a relationship with another fairy, is it common for the same fairy to be in a relationship with another one at the same time? Sort of like polygamy, only not including marriage.

Well, nothing's been established on fairy culture or mating practices so its sort of hard to say. We know that fairies travel in packs and do have social interactions.

Considering fairy psychology and their flighty nature, I'd lean towards saying that they are polygamous. However, I do recall some stories where fairies were married, and it's stated that Mezzus is married to a fairy, so that suggests a more structured marriage system.

Though that might depend on the fairy. They do what they want - some want marriage, some want polygamy. That's a more broad answer.

There's other factors, like sex ratios and such if you wanted to be more in depth, but for this basic question I'd say - possible. Maybe not ubiquitous, but likely common.
Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 4:28 pm

Does Felarya have a working set monetary system, 'cuz if not, I have an idea that might work very well that I'd like to post! O.o

Oh, and something else...

If day and night are inconsistent in Felarya, and there's no set calendar, how are years and age measured in the first place?
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 4:44 pm

Research is your friend.
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 4:45 pm

Nyaha wrote:
Does Felarya have a working set monetary system, 'cuz if not, I have an idea that might work very well that I'd like to post! O.o

Oh, and something else...

If day and night are inconsistent in Felarya, and there's no set calendar, how are years and age measured in the first place?

The only places that would need set monetary systems would be big settlements, like Negav, Chiotia, Kelerm, and so on. Negav's monetary system is outlined in the wiki.

Most of the smaller settlements and tribes would likely just rely on direct item-for-item trade, since that would be far more useful to them than some small pieces of metal or rock that represent trade value.

Once again, only the more established civilizations would even think about a calender, and their's are likely not going to be exactly the same as our own. Predators can't read, much less think up a calender system. The ages in the wiki, and in bios, are more for the readers' referrence than anything.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Q and A
Page 6 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next