Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

General Q and A

Go down 
+75
Darth_Nergal
Emerald Electronic
Oldman40k2003
Venom Agato
vore4life99
DaNoob13
DarkOne
Ilceren
McKindle
2Ron2R
AzureJass
HeavenlessStar
Boris92
Malahite
hhhat09
FalconJudge
jedi-explorer
EvilGenius
parameciumkid
Paltiel
Greyman
timing2
Rezec
/Fish/
Tango
Beefnautz
Pendragon
sadisticnerd
Axel Hunter
Archmage_Bael
MrNobody13
Darkstorm Zero
Black Aquila
ZionAtriedes
Iavlas
Silent_eric
TryMeIke
French snack
Saironthis
walkingbyself
Black Hole Fragment
Primeval Hunter
Nyaha
Krisexy26
gwadahunter2222
Vaderaz
zersergathant
TheArchvile
TheLightLost
AisuKaiko
itsmeyouidiot
CauldronBorn24
Slimetoad
Feadraug
Amaroq
macdaddy
The Ultimate
Claire
sparkythechu
Pim18
Jasconius
kikijonson
Anime-Junkie
luke112
aethernavale
Shady Knight
buddha66667
Prof.Nekko
Karbo
Jætte_Troll
Solomon
Sehoolighan
Grave
rcs619
Stabs
79 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Solomon
Marauder of the deep jungle

General Q and A - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 8:10 pm

say, I've been meaning to ask, is it possible for a person to use a genie to become bigger like giant size
Back to top Go down
sadisticnerd
Naga food

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 8:13 pm

I know that's not a relevant question to the last posts,but I'm a bit curious...
if cursing is the harpies' actual language,then what's actually an insult to them?
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 8:26 pm

sadisticnerd wrote:
I know that's not a relevant question to the last posts,but I'm a bit curious...
if cursing is the harpies' actual language,then what's actually an insult to them?

It isn't so much the words being used as the tone of them. The harpy language is incredibly nuanced, the tone of the words and the way you speak them is everything. That is why its so hard for non-harpies to speak it right. It isn't so much about stringing insults together as it is the tone of those insults.
Back to top Go down
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 12:04 am

sadisticnerd wrote:
Ah. Allow me, you empty-skulled sack of naga sheddings. Harpy is my first language.

It's not just about simple cursing, because any slack-jawed dimwit can string together a few goddamn obscenities and claim he's a fucking harpy. It's about eloquence, creativity, and some actual fucking artistic flair to the words coming from that reeking cesspool of bacteria passing for a mouth on your mirror-shattering face. It's like the idea of making your sentences something more than just simple caveman grunts is impossible for your thick ilk to understand. Even using such key words as "fuck" multiple fucking times requires masterful placement. Such placements can turn your bland fucking sentences into something that almost resembles a goddamn proper example of harpy speech, albeit one that still stinks like tonorion shit. The tone, which I have no doubt you'd fail to pick up upon even if this was voice instead of text, is crucial. Cliff got something right for once. The words themselves only express the creative thought put into the fucking sentence, not the actual meaning. Got that, shit-brain? The tone's what you need to be tuning your big elephant ears to, you goofy-looking motherfucker, not the simple curses. Really, I've had to explain this simple fucking concept a thousand times now.

What's really offensive is when the goddamn tone's genuinely hostile or mocking, as opposed to the standard casual tone of the harpy language. Another offense is when some hoity-toity bitch of a harpy decides she won't even take the god-fucking-damn time of day to make her sentences good and eloquent for ya, like the flighty broad's too good to waste her time speaking a proper sentence to the likes of ya.

All right, I'll switch back to something you can understand. Basically, the cursing is viewed differently by harpies. It's seen more like flowering up your sentences with sophisticated speech. Simply throwing curses around isn't how it's done. You have to be creative. Metaphor, simile, all that good stuff. The tone's also important, it tells you how serious the curses and insults actually are. Finally, the LACK of curses and insults is an insult in itself, since a harpy will interpret it as another harpy feeling she's too good to take the time to speak properly. Note that most harpies understand most races don't speak like they do, and won't hold them to that standard.
Back to top Go down
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 5:53 am

Solomon wrote:
say, I've been meaning to ask, is it possible for a person to use a genie to become bigger like giant size

Yes but because a genie is involoved the person must say exactly what needs to be done otherwise the genie will screw them over. for examle dont say "make me bigger" because then the genie will make something of you ( breasts and assest for women, The pipe for guys) bigger instead of your height or even worse if the genie is a jerk the wish could end with you becoming sumo sized. Also the genie could only make you a few inches taller and say "you didnt say how big". The proper way I believe to ask a Genie to make you giant size would be say "I want to be 100ft and at a healthy weight." at least with that statement There's little to no room for the genie to mess you over.

well thats my two cent if anyone else wants a crack at that question by all means have at it, I didnt even get me morning coffee yet.
Back to top Go down
Solomon

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 3:00 pm

after watching the blob this question came to my mind, how do Slimoids talk, I mean can they only talk with each other or can they talk like any other race in Felarya, I'm mainly asking because I've seen some talk in a few art pics and story's I've read
Back to top Go down
MrNobody13
Great warrior
Great warrior
MrNobody13

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 7:36 pm

Slimoid, as far as I know, can speak just as any other sentient beings. Perhaps they can form things like vocal cords, or some structure similar. Or perhaps that nexus in their core can transmit it's intention as a voice?
Back to top Go down
itsmeyouidiot
itsmeyouidiot

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 8:15 pm

You know, the earthquake in the area today made me wonder; are there any natural earthquakes in Felarya?

I'd imagine that if there were, they'd work somewhat differently from Earth earthquakes, since Felarya isn't technically a "planet."
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 8:34 pm

itsmeyouidiot wrote:
You know, the earthquake in the area today made me wonder; are there any natural earthquakes in Felarya?

I'd imagine that if there were, they'd work somewhat differently from Earth earthquakes, since Felarya isn't technically a "planet."

You have the Pyrale Mountais which have active volcanoes which makes this area is know for it's geological activities and as the world in overall is constantly expand you can expect some may happen.
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 8:47 pm

itsmeyouidiot wrote:

Well, keep in mind, its not like Felarya is paper thin. We know that the atmosphere has the same layers and structure as a real atmosphere, except for the rift that causes you you to leave the plane, instead of just going into orbit.

I don't think it is too much of a stretch to assume that subterranean Felarya is probably similar. It probably has a crust, mantle, etc. So, there could very well be techtonic plates like on Earth, and the Pyrale mountains certainly prove that Felarya is geologically active and that the inner portions of Felarya are full of heat, pressure and molten rock.
Back to top Go down
Prof.Nekko
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Prof.Nekko

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 9:26 pm

rcs619 wrote:
itsmeyouidiot wrote:

Well, keep in mind, its not like Felarya is paper thin. We know that the atmosphere has the same layers and structure as a real atmosphere, except for the rift that causes you you to leave the plane, instead of just going into orbit.

I don't think it is too much of a stretch to assume that subterranean Felarya is probably similar. It probably has a crust, mantle, etc. So, there could very well be techtonic plates like on Earth, and the Pyrale mountains certainly prove that Felarya is geologically active and that the inner portions of Felarya are full of heat, pressure and molten rock.

and even if there weren't fault lines there's no reason there couldn't be some massive unknown subeterranian creature burrowing around could cause a shake up... We know very little of the underground of Felarya
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 5:53 am

Actually, I'm pretty sure the wiki says that if you were to dig deep enough, you will leave Felarya the same way if you left the plane from the air. Of course, no one has been able to do it.

The Wiki wrote:
Of course, if Felarya has a vertical barrier to its plane, there must also be a subterranean one as well. The ground of Felarya is layered and structured similar to a normal planet’s. But if you were to dig down deep enough (many miles) you would pass through the subterranean rift. You would then appear several miles under the ground of a random planet in the universe. If you kept looking straight ahead, you would just seem to be digging like normal, but once you pass the rift, looking back would only reveal a wall of dirt. Felarya would be gone and you couldn’t go back. This scenario is highly unlikely though, since it would be nearly impossible for any living creature, or machine to dig that deep.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 4:37 pm

Hey I got a question, would a group of humans cammoflaging their senct and apperance make it hardder for a perd to find them or would it make no difference?
Back to top Go down
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 5:59 pm

no difference.

next question :/
Back to top Go down
http://krisexy26.deviantart.com/
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 6:14 pm

sorry Krisexy26 but things you've said in the past as answers to pervious questions has left me unable to accept your answers as Vaild. so please some one else answer my question. Other then Krisexy26 Please.

Last edited by luke112 on Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 6:15 pm

To answer your question properly, it really depends on the predator. Many predators have what's called the "predator sense", which allows them to detect their prey without seeing or smelling them. The distance from which detection is possible also varies depending on the predator. If the predator is giant, however, and does NOT have the predator sense, masking your looks and scent would make a considerable contribution to your chances of avoiding it. ^_^

...At least, that's my understanding of it. ^_^ I don't want to be assuming.
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 6:35 pm

ah thank you Nyaha very much for the answer. I needed it for a story series call "300 days of hell" which i believe some on the forum have already read.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 6:51 pm

Hahah! ^.^ You're very welcome! Nyaha got to be helpful~ Nyaha got to be helpful~
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 7:39 pm

Nyaha wrote:
To answer your question properly, it really depends on the predator. Many predators have what's called the "predator sense", which allows them to detect their prey without seeing or smelling them.
OBJECTION! Your Honor, this crucial piece of evidence contradicts the previous claim!

...Sorry. I had to do it. A-hem, anyways, the predator sense is limited to only a handful of species. In any case, the signature is only strong for very magical or very large beings, so non-mage humans would be hard to detect at long range and impossible to pinpoint even at short range. At best, the average pred with the sense would only know if they were getting "hotter" or "colder". By this time, any competent individuals could either escape, or prepare an attack with the proper weaponry and strategy.

However, I would not entirely discount the predator sense. It could still ruin an ambush, or give away your presence.

Last edited by ZionAtriedes on Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 8:19 pm

Zion the way you came in and said your peice was Hilarious Laughing , You've made my day.
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 9:18 pm

ZionAtriedes wrote:
Nyaha wrote:
To answer your question properly, it really depends on the predator. Many predators have what's called the "predator sense", which allows them to detect their prey without seeing or smelling them.
OBJECTION! Your Honor, this crucial piece of evidence contradicts the previous claim!

...Sorry. I had to do it. A-hem, anyways, the predator sense is limited to only a handful of species. In any case, the signature is only strong for very magical or very large beings, so non-mage humans would be hard to detect at long range and impossible to pinpoint even at short range. At best, the average pred with the sense would only know if they were getting "hotter" or "colder". By this time, any competent individuals could either escape, or prepare an attack with the proper weaponry and strategy.

However, I would not entirely discount the predator sense. It could still ruin an ambush, or give away your presence.

Honestly. How do SO many people keep spreading this false information? This is the THIRD "All preds have predator sense" post I've seen in a WEEK.

Let me just spell this out clearly.

Not ALL giant predators have the "predator sense".

The only two species known to have it in any big numbers are NAGAS and FAIRIES.

For nagas, it is roughly the magical equivalent of a snake's heat sense. Fairies have it because they are so magically sensitive anyway, that sensing the magical fields of living things comes naturally. Out of the two of them, nagas have the more refined and accurate version of the sense.

The predator sense is NOT radar. It will not pin-point a human. It will just help the pred to realize "Hey, I think there's something around here".

Since it is the magical field of a person being sensed, mages show up brighter, and people will no magical skill whatsoever will be very dim and much harder to sense. Also, with training, a mage CAN learn to suppress his/her magical signature, making him/her much harder to sense in this way.

The only other species besides NAGAS and FAIRIES mentioned to have something similar to this sense were deerataurs (which are pretty uncommon) and a small handful of magically sensitive species. One can assume, that since fairies are highly magical and their version of the "predator sense" is still weaker and less accurate than a naga's...that deerataurs and the other rare cases would have even weaker versions of the "predator sense".

Honestly, for all intents and purposes, its exclusive to nagas and fairies. It isn't something that all preds have, nor was it meant to be.
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 11:36 pm

luke112 wrote:
Hey I got a question, would a group of humans cammoflaging their senct and apperance make it hardder for a perd to find them or would it make no difference?

It will depend on the preds and its way of hunting. Some predator use scent to find their prey but it's not the only way of detection some prefers to ambush by staying hidden in a position and catching the prey when it is at range but this kind of predator use other way of detection as scent for example they can sense vibration or thermal or CO2 emission which make even if you dissimulate your odor and you are not visible they can detect you.

By camouflaging your scent and appearance you escape to certain type of predator which are mostly active hunter but you are still vulnerable to some more patient who prefer staying hidden and using trap or bait to ambush their prey.

Last edited by gwadahunter2222 on Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : changing carbon by CO2)
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
Darkstorm Zero
Darkstorm Zero

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 1:44 am

I have to say I agree with theabove posters about this, (gwada, RCS and Zion). It is truly dependant on the predator in question (And yes, even those with the Predator Sense, which is really only a differently defined version of Spider-man's Spider Sense anyway...). It's true, most predators would rely on the 5 main senses anyways, as that determines the creature's perception of the environment around them. However, simply throwing the scent off will not work if your jumping about like a lunatic going "Hey, I'm here! EAT MEEEE!!!"
Back to top Go down
http://darkstormzero.deviantart.com/
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 1:26 pm

gwadahunter2222 wrote:
but this kind of predator use other way of detection as scent for example they can sense vibration or thermal or CO2 emission which make even if you dissimulate your odor and you are not visible they can detect you.
Vibration, I can understand... but I am not aware of any predator able to detect CO2. I could be wrong, as I admit that I haven't been keeping up much. Giant mosquito-hybrids, though, that'd be funny.

Believe it or not, scent is not really a replacement for vision, even among animals such a dogs. It's really a lot like how I described predator-sense: some animals can detect when a single, exact scent is getting stronger or weaker, and follow its "trail" (once again, playing "hot or cold") to where they can detect it with other senses... namely, sight or touch. It's not like they sniff and suddenly have a picture in their heads. That's silly. A pred using scentolocation, though, that'd be funny. She can be friends with the mosquito-hybrid.

Darkstorm "Zero Tolerance" Zero is correct: cloaking your scent is useless unless you're smart about it. Yee-HOW, there's an idea!
Back to top Go down
The Ultimate
Great warrior
Great warrior
The Ultimate

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 4:18 pm

I have a question! If storm sprites need to recharge to stay healthy how long would it take them to recharge and how often would they need to recharge?
Back to top Go down
http://xxtheultimate39.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 16 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Q and A
Page 16 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next