Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

General Q and A

Go down 
+75
Darth_Nergal
Emerald Electronic
Oldman40k2003
Venom Agato
vore4life99
DaNoob13
DarkOne
Ilceren
McKindle
2Ron2R
AzureJass
HeavenlessStar
Boris92
Malahite
hhhat09
FalconJudge
jedi-explorer
EvilGenius
parameciumkid
Paltiel
Greyman
timing2
Rezec
/Fish/
Tango
Beefnautz
Pendragon
sadisticnerd
Axel Hunter
Archmage_Bael
MrNobody13
Darkstorm Zero
Black Aquila
ZionAtriedes
Iavlas
Silent_eric
TryMeIke
French snack
Saironthis
walkingbyself
Black Hole Fragment
Primeval Hunter
Nyaha
Krisexy26
gwadahunter2222
Vaderaz
zersergathant
TheArchvile
TheLightLost
AisuKaiko
itsmeyouidiot
CauldronBorn24
Slimetoad
Feadraug
Amaroq
macdaddy
The Ultimate
Claire
sparkythechu
Pim18
Jasconius
kikijonson
Anime-Junkie
luke112
aethernavale
Shady Knight
buddha66667
Prof.Nekko
Karbo
Jætte_Troll
Solomon
Sehoolighan
Grave
rcs619
Stabs
79 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
itsmeyouidiot
Marauder of the deep jungle
itsmeyouidiot

General Q and A - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 1:10 pm

Stabs wrote:
UNLESS HE BEGINS REINCARNATING BEFORE DYING. IT'S A COMPLICATED MATTER.

... Death?
Back to top Go down
itsmeyouidiot
itsmeyouidiot

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 11:07 pm

Does the translational effect of Felarya work on recordings?

I'm assuming it doesn't, but I'd still like to know for sure.
Back to top Go down
TheArchvile
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
TheArchvile

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 4:30 am

Actually, it does work.
It translates any audible language, as long as you can hear it properly, regardless of the source.
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 7:58 am

TheArchvile wrote:
Actually, it does work.
It translates any audible language, as long as you can hear it properly, regardless of the source.

Wait, wait. So it can translate ANY language? What about Cypers or codes?
Back to top Go down
TheArchvile
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
TheArchvile

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 9:40 am

No, if you and I would agree to say "squirrel" in German as a code to convey that we're in danger, everyone around us would still hear "squirrel"

A ridiculous example I know... Squirrel is way too hard to say in German >.<

Last edited by TheArchvile on Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 7:31 pm

TheArchvile wrote:
No, if you and I would agree to say "squirrel" in German to as a code to convey that we're in grave danger, everyone around us would still hear "squirrel"

A ridiculous example I know... Squirrel is way too hard to say in German >.<

Curses foiled again! ^^;
Back to top Go down
EvilGenius

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 4:41 pm

How large is the average giant naga newborn?
Back to top Go down
FalconJudge
Hero
Hero
FalconJudge

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 7:22 am

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that they're about the size of a full-grown man. Possibly significantly bigger.
Back to top Go down
http://falconjudge2.deviantart.com/
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 10:17 am

EvilGenius wrote:
How large is the average giant naga newborn?

The general rule of thumb is that an egg-born pred starts off slightly smaller than an adult human. They are born pretty much fully developed (hair, teeth, able to move around and eat solid food), so they can potentially survive on their own, should they have no parent around to raise them when they hatch.

Live-birth predators start off significantly larger, roughly the same size as a human baby is compared to its mother (not accounting for scale of course). They are also generally less developed at birth. Like a human baby, they can't really move around on their own and require parental care to have any chance.

I believe centaurs might be an exception to that, since newborn foals can walk fairly rapidly, and are more developed at birth than some other baby mammals. Could be that their pregnancy is just a good bit longer.

I think this is the general consensus, but I do not believe there are any canon rules laid out in the wiki on it yet.
Back to top Go down
itsmeyouidiot
itsmeyouidiot

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 4:23 pm

TheArchvile wrote:
Actually, it does work.

This could make watching anime pretty interesting. Often the dialogue seems a bit stilted and awkward in English.
Back to top Go down
FalconJudge
Hero
Hero
FalconJudge

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 4:57 pm

itsmeyouidiot wrote:
TheArchvile wrote:
Actually, it does work.

This could make watching anime pretty interesting. Often the dialogue seems a bit stilted and awkward in English.

That, and the voices are like squeeling brakes...
Back to top Go down
http://falconjudge2.deviantart.com/
Slimetoad
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Slimetoad

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 11:49 am

It just ocurred to me...How can Milly interact with the tomthumb tribe in her hut if she's roughly 30 meters tall? In relation to size she would just be barely able to see the tinies, let alone hear them
Back to top Go down
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 11:59 am

Slimetoad wrote:
It just ocurred to me...How can Milly interact with the tomthumb tribe in her hut if she's roughly 30 meters tall? In relation to size she would just be barely able to see the tinies, let alone hear them

That's a good question. Someone asked it me long ago, and the short answer is that I didn't think it through properly when I wrote those very first few stories in which it happened. Having established it, I wasn't going to undo it all, so I handwave it implicitly; maybe the translation spell also enables audible communication across different sized species. But it's a cop-out. On balance, I've decided that it's not worth sacrificing the interaction I've developed between them.

She can, indeed, barely see them. Globfish once did quite a striking picture illustrating that.
Back to top Go down
Slimetoad
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Slimetoad

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 12:06 pm

French snack wrote:
Slimetoad wrote:

That's a good question. Someone asked it me long ago, and the short answer is that I didn't think it through properly when I wrote those very first few stories in which it happened. Having established it, I wasn't going to undo it all, so I handwave it implicitly; maybe the translation spell also enables audible communication across different sized species. But it's a cop-out. On balance, I've decided that it's not worth sacrificing the interaction I've developed between them.

She can, indeed, barely see them. Globfish once did quite a striking picture illustrating that.

Imagined it was something like that. Oh well, crazier things can be seen around here xp

That...must be a very awkward situation on Milly's part
Back to top Go down
Stabs
Stabs

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 12:12 pm

Well, French already answered... but here's my two cents either way.

Discerning a tiny at 30 metres tall wouldn't be as difficult as it looks. Pardon the pun.

Assuming a tiny is 7 cm tall, that means it's 1/400 roughly of her size. Now, to a 1.6 metres tall person, 1/400 portions of their size is 4 mm, or roughlly the size of a small ant. Depending on how good your eyesight is, you can spot a lone ant if it's against a background of the appropriate color. If it's not, then its movements could clue you to that not being exactly an ant, specially with experience.

Anndd... be careful, there's SCIENCE involved in the next part!

The More You Know:
Back to top Go down
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 1:00 pm

Slimetoad wrote:

That...must be a very awkward situation on Milly's part

She's had time to get used it. It probably feels natural to her by now - watching very carefully where she treads, and talking to very tiny people.

Stabs wrote:

Discerning a tiny at 30 metres tall wouldn't be as difficult as it looks. Pardon the pun.

Assuming a tiny is 7 cm tall, that means it's 1/400 roughly of her size. Now, to a 1.6 metres tall person, 1/400 portions of their size is 4 mm, or roughlly the size of a small ant. Depending on how good your eyesight is, you can spot a lone ant if it's against a background of the appropriate color. If it's not, then its movements could clue you to that not being exactly an ant, specially with experience.

Oh, indeed, they're certainly visible. But she does have to look out for them.

Quote :

Anndd... be careful, there's SCIENCE involved in the next part!

The More You Know:

Ooh, science! And some very convenient science, at that. Razz Thanks for the calculations.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 3:35 pm

I have a good question: Do sea krait nagas have underbelly scales like normal nagas do?
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 3:37 pm

Yes they do.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 5:01 pm

Since Felarya has no 'outer space', does that mean it doesn't have an atmosphere either? And if so, does that mean that air doesn't get thinner as elevation goes higher?
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 5:18 pm

It's definitely got an atmosphere. More detail here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 8:59 pm

Okay here's a question. The Healing magic of Felarya is in it's soil, but if you take the soil out of Felarya it beomces regular soil. Is there something you could trap the healing magic of Felarya in to use on other worlds?
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 5:28 am

Soil outside of Felarya loses 80% of its healing properties.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 8:45 pm

Sean Okotami wrote:

So that makes it how effective?
Back to top Go down
Stabs
Stabs

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 8:49 pm

jedi-explorer wrote:
Sean Okotami wrote:

So that makes it how effective?

That's not something there is a definite answer on: you'll have to decide on how effective 20% is by yourself.
Back to top Go down
itsmeyouidiot
itsmeyouidiot

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 10:43 pm

Are succubi capable of having children with other species?

...Just felt like asking this for no particular reason whatsoever. No reason at all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 27 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Q and A
Page 27 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next