Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

General Q and A

Go down 
+75
Darth_Nergal
Emerald Electronic
Oldman40k2003
Venom Agato
vore4life99
DaNoob13
DarkOne
Ilceren
McKindle
2Ron2R
AzureJass
HeavenlessStar
Boris92
Malahite
hhhat09
FalconJudge
jedi-explorer
EvilGenius
parameciumkid
Paltiel
Greyman
timing2
Rezec
/Fish/
Tango
Beefnautz
Pendragon
sadisticnerd
Axel Hunter
Archmage_Bael
MrNobody13
Darkstorm Zero
Black Aquila
ZionAtriedes
Iavlas
Silent_eric
TryMeIke
French snack
Saironthis
walkingbyself
Black Hole Fragment
Primeval Hunter
Nyaha
Krisexy26
gwadahunter2222
Vaderaz
zersergathant
TheArchvile
TheLightLost
AisuKaiko
itsmeyouidiot
CauldronBorn24
Slimetoad
Feadraug
Amaroq
macdaddy
The Ultimate
Claire
sparkythechu
Pim18
Jasconius
kikijonson
Anime-Junkie
luke112
aethernavale
Shady Knight
buddha66667
Prof.Nekko
Karbo
Jætte_Troll
Solomon
Sehoolighan
Grave
rcs619
Stabs
79 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

General Q and A - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 36 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 4:17 pm

What happens to a particularly positive soul if it ended in Hell, let's say if it was sent there through a powerful demon's spell? Is it fed to a succubus, or is it tormented anyway for demons to bask in its suffering?

How and where does one get a permit to enter the Elven District? Furthermore, would it be valid so long as you have it on you or renew it like a license, or would it be like a ticket where if you want to get there again you gotta get a new one?

Last edited by Shady Knight on Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 12:31 pm

Sorry, Shady, I might have to bump you here to get it going again.

I've been hearing that Slimoids are toxic to eat, and that kinda makes sense, but it doesn't state so outright on the wiki, so I don't know for sure. Is it true, and if so, can we have the wiki state so explicitly instead of just " Slug Girls pose a deadly threat to slimoids, as they do to oozes"? Because I don't think that gets the idea across clearly enough. D: Or maybe I'm just slow.
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 12:58 pm

You're better off posting that on the entries to be rewritten or correction thread.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 1:15 pm

I tried that, but it got no answer on the corrections thread so I edited it out and asked it here. D:
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
sadisticnerd
Naga food

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A    General Q and A - Page 36 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 11:12 am

I know that this might be a dumb question, but nagas end up hibernating after eating a prey of their size?If so,then how much time they spend hibernating?if not, then what they do when they have to struggle to even move their tail because of the weight of the prey?
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 36 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 11:57 am

Several days, probably a week, and they don't hibernate, they just look for a place they know they're not likely to be attacked because their mobility is now shit.
Back to top Go down
Stabs
Stabs

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 36 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 12:05 pm

If you'll let me make an assumption, Sadisticnerd, I think a large meal should keep a naga busy for a week approximately. I wouldn't call it hibernation, but I think they'd do well to find somewhere hot to sleep it off without needing to make any sudden movements; real snakes are vulnerable after feeding, and in some cases may even regurgitate their catch to get their mobility back.

Based my assumptions off this- apparently, a significant meal (30-50% of their body weight) keeps a snake's temperature high for about 7 days. I'm assuming when it levels off, the snake's done digesting.

http://jeb.biologists.org/content/207/4/579.full

So Shady's right.
Back to top Go down
sparkythechu
Survivor
Survivor
sparkythechu

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 36 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 8:22 pm

I was wondering something. The Wiki states that Clobbersaurus are able to knock anything over, off it's feet or equivalent. What would happen if one ran into a full sized Dryad?
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/BoltAscendent
Stabs
Stabs

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 36 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 8:56 pm

Assuming it reaches the face, then it's uprooting time, I suppose.
Back to top Go down
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 36 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 8:39 pm

Lessee.. punch tree... get wood. The Clobbersaurus would get wood!
(As per Minecraft rules anyway...)
Back to top Go down
http://helia.net63.net
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 7:47 am

Clobbersaurus would get whhhhhaaaaaat? Shocked

Cheeky monkey, it's bad enougth he punched a Dryad, but he has to get aroused by it too?

Back to top Go down
sadisticnerd
Naga food

PostSubject: Re: general Q and A   General Q and A - Page 36 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 10:45 am

I'm have a small question, that I couldn't find the answer so I thought it would be a good idea to post here.In the diamond naga page in the wiki, it mentions "the legendary crystal forest" or something along these words, though no matter how much I search in the forum, or in the wiki, I can't find the location of the forest.Anybody knows where it is?
Back to top Go down
Stabs
Stabs

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 36 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 1:15 pm

Sorry, Sadistic, we're still looking for it. Whoever finds it, however, can claim to have found the legendary Crystal Forest.

tl;dr: No, we don't know where it is.
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 36 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 1:34 pm

Okay I know this thread is kinda dead now but I was writing something relating to a couple of characters, one being a normal human the other magiocrat and her enemy, and they bump into oen another on the streets of Negav. She's all like (Note over-dramatized) "You villian! I'll slay you!" and he just laughs and is all like "Yeah right. I'm a Magicocrat! You can't just murder me in plain daylight, but me? I'm rich and powerfull! I could just use a spell and banish you from my sight and say it was self defense. Nyaah nyaanh!"

So my question is could he do that? I mean he is rich and powerfull but is he above the law? IS there even a law for that mater! XD
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 36 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 2:05 pm

Um, dude, it's self-defense. It doesn't take a genius to realize that killing someone in self-defense is a hell of a lot more understandable than straight up murder. Furthermore, really, a banish spell? Wouldn't it be better to use a weaker, easier to cast spell when someone's coming your brandishing a knife, than cast a spell that no doubt has a good prep time to it? While I'm at it, I'm quite positive that Magiocrats on the streets would have bodyguards with them. So the question of the Magiocrat being above the law is moot, because it's the people whose job is to protect them that's going to take care of it.
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 36 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 2:33 pm

jedi-explorer wrote:
Okay I know this thread is kinda dead now but I was writing something relating to a couple of characters, one being a normal human the other magiocrat and her enemy, and they bump into oen another on the streets of Negav. She's all like (Note over-dramatized) "You villian! I'll slay you!" and he just laughs and is all like "Yeah right. I'm a Magicocrat! You can't just murder me in plain daylight, but me? I'm rich and powerfull! I could just use a spell and banish you from my sight and say it was self defense. Nyaah nyaanh!"

So my question is could he do that? I mean he is rich and powerfull but is he above the law? IS there even a law for that mater! XD

Yeah... the Magiocrats aren't just random wizards. They're also politicians, they're the people who run Negav. Assuming they did go out for a stroll outside of their (most likely quite substantial and self-sufficient) estates, and assuming they don't just use an illusion spell to just look like someone else for a while... they'd most likely have a bodyguard or two. Probably not full-on battlemages, but at least a couple Isolon Fist soldiers. A couple guys with SMG's are more than enough for bodyguard duty.

Keep in mind. Negav isn't the United States. It isn't some grimdark dystopia, but it wouldn't surprise me if walking up to a Magiocrat and threatening to kill them was an offense meriting death (or at least legally justifiable grounds for self-defense. Even if it isn't 100% in line with the law, no one is going to convict a magiocrat except other magiocrats). Assuming they have bodyguards with them, they'd probably blow you away right there, or at least leave you in a bloody heap before tossing you in whatever jail was closest. Negav isn't a first-world Earth country. Going around threatening powerful politicians, or merchants, or other important people, probably could cause you to disappear.

Also, it'd still be a magiocrat. They are hardly defenseless. These guys came up through the ranks as Isolon Fist battlemages, or instructors at the Isolon University, or even just as incredibly strong individuals that managed to get into politics. They're some of the strongest known human mages in existence.
Back to top Go down
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 36 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 4:28 pm

Attacking a member of the government on the streets would look like an case of terrorism. the Other Magicrafts could easily distort the public view to something like that and have the fellow thrown in a prison encampment, torturing him under the guide of integration. "Terrorists" need to be made an example of after all.

Why banish someone when you can lengthen the punishment by giving him life and giving him the waterboard torture technique everyday?

Last edited by DarkOne on Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 36 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 4:42 pm

DarkOne wrote:
Attacking a member of the government on the streets would look like an case of terrorism. the Other Magicrafts could easily distort the public view to something like that and have the fellow thrown in a prison encampment, torturing him under the guide of integration. "Terrorists" need to be made an example of after all.

Why banish someone when you can lengthen the punishment by giving him life and giving him the waterboard torture technique everyday?

Keep in mind, most Negavians are fairly satisfied with the Magiocrats. They might not agree with every little thing they do, but they keep the city protected, and keep the local economy moving. Someone trying to attack a Magiocrat is likely not going to be very popular in the public eye.
Back to top Go down
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 36 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 4:48 pm

That's what I mean, the magiocrats can accuse someone like that so easily and noone would defend him. But sexing up the crime would mean they can apply more punishment (to teach him a lession) it would only take a twist of a few words.
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 36 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 7:54 pm

Quote :
Yeah... the Magiocrats aren't just random wizards. They're also politicians, they're the people who run Negav. Assuming they did go out for a stroll outside of their (most likely quite substantial and self-sufficient) estates, and assuming they don't just use an illusion spell to just look like someone else for a while... they'd most likely have a bodyguard or two. Probably not full-on battlemages, but at least a couple Isolon Fist soldiers. A couple guys with SMG's are more than enough for bodyguard duty.

Keep in mind. Negav isn't the United States. It isn't some grimdark dystopia, but it wouldn't surprise me if walking up to a Magiocrat and threatening to kill them was an offense meriting death (or at least legally justifiable grounds for self-defense. Even if it isn't 100% in line with the law, no one is going to convict a magiocrat except other magiocrats). Assuming they have bodyguards with them, they'd probably blow you away right there, or at least leave you in a bloody heap before tossing you in whatever jail was closest. Negav isn't a first-world Earth country. Going around threatening powerful politicians, or merchants, or other important people, probably could cause you to disappear.

Ah alright so I was right. He'd be in the right and could legally do whatever he wanted. Okay that's neat to know and I just now realized he only has two goons for his body guards. Maybe I should update that and give him a private security force. After all what evil megalomaniac couldn't use a few storm troopers, eh? Laughing Thanks for you help, rcs,Shady Knight and Darkone.
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 36 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 8:29 pm

jedi-explorer wrote:
Quote :

Ah alright so I was right. He'd be in the right and could legally do whatever he wanted. Okay that's neat to know and I just now realized he only has two goons for his body guards. Maybe I should update that and give him a private security force. After all what evil megalomaniac couldn't use a few storm troopers, eh? Laughing Thanks for you help, rcs,Shady Knight and Darkone.

Yeah... the Magiocrats don't have goons for bodyguards. The Isolon Fist is their personal army. They protect magiocrat assets inside and outside of Negav, and likely the magiocrats themselves. They are very competent.

Try and remember, magiocrats aren't anime-esque big-bads. They're just... really powerful mages who got into politics. Well, the current members. The original magiocrats lead a coup that ovethrew the city's former, and quite inept, neko king. He nearly drove Negav into the ground. Not sure how many of the old revolutionaries are still on the council, but newer members would come from the Isolon Fist's battlemage corps, the Isolon University, or even just extremely powerful, influential mages who manage to work their way in.

Are some of them going to have less than noble motives and pet-projects? Sure... but I imagine the magiocrats kind of police their own (not like anyone else could), and if one of the council members got to be too out of hand and/or too much of a liability/embarrassment, they'd give him the boot. They're trying to keep a city running and stable afterall.
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 36 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 7:43 pm

rcs619 wrote:
jedi-explorer wrote:
Quote :

Yeah... the Magiocrats don't have goons for bodyguards. The Isolon Fist is their personal army. They protect magiocrat assets inside and outside of Negav, and likely the magiocrats themselves. They are very competent.

Try and remember, magiocrats aren't anime-esque big-bads. They're just... really powerful mages who got into politics. Well, the current members. The original magiocrats lead a coup that ovethrew the city's former, and quite inept, neko king. He nearly drove Negav into the ground. Not sure how many of the old revolutionaries are still on the council, but newer members would come from the Isolon Fist's battlemage corps, the Isolon University, or even just extremely powerful, influential mages who manage to work their way in.

Are some of them going to have less than noble motives and pet-projects? Sure... but I imagine the magiocrats kind of police their own (not like anyone else could), and if one of the council members got to be too out of hand and/or too much of a liability/embarrassment, they'd give him the boot. They're trying to keep a city running and stable afterall.

So you're saying having a Magiocrat as a main bad guy for a campaign is a bad idea? Since he'd likely be found out?
Back to top Go down
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 36 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 8:42 pm

It's not a bad idea, just a complicated one. To take down an politician you are no longer talking about a fantasy battle, or even a war. Your talking about a convoluted assassination mission. It would take someone who is the Felarya version of Solid Snake to pull that off. But I get the impression you don't want to tell that kind of story.

the only other way I can think of would be to con a politician, not defeat him per say, but still knock him down a noch. If the hero could expose the Magiocrat in such a way that would make the whole government look bad, forcing them to single him out and retire him, then that might be revenge enougth. but that kind of story is just as complicated.

But if you mean a villain that can be defeated the old fasioned way through battle, then i woulden't suggest a Magiocrat.

Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 36 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 5:39 am

There's also another very, very crucial part about villains, especially the highly political ones, that must be taken into consideration: What do they gain from it? If they're oppressive for the sake of being oppressive, then you got a character that's as interesting as a line. Furthermore, you have to ask yourself: Would they have more to gain if they did things legit? Negav is literally a trade center set in an interdimensional hubworld. I don't really see what a Magiocrat could gain that can't be gained from doing things legally. If the "evil" part is something only remotely related to Negav, let's go with the tried and true, albeit clichéd, hate all predators, must kill them all, then you have to consider that no one within the citizenry is going to care about this. In fact, let's say you go the old fashioned route and the hero kill the magiocrat for this reason, then your hero is going to become one of the most loathed and hunted criminal in all of Negav, for what essentially amount as murder.
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 36 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 6:36 am

Shady Knight wrote:
There's also another very, very crucial part about villains, especially the highly political ones, that must be taken into consideration: What do they gain from it? If they're oppressive for the sake of being oppressive, then you got a character that's as interesting as a line. Furthermore, you have to ask yourself: Would they have more to gain if they did things legit? Negav is literally a trade center set in an interdimensional hubworld. I don't really see what a Magiocrat could gain that can't be gained from doing things legally. If the "evil" part is something only remotely related to Negav, let's go with the tried and true, albeit clichéd, hate all predators, must kill them all, then you have to consider that no one within the citizenry is going to care about this. In fact, let's say you go the old fashioned route and the hero kill the magiocrat for this reason, then your hero is going to become one of the most loathed and hunted criminal in all of Negav, for what essentially amount as murder.

Also, I doubt a "We must kill all preds!" Magiocrat would be very popular on the Council itself as well. I'm sure there's no love lost for giants among them. Council members will have lost family or friends, or comrades (especially if they came up through the Isolon Fist)... but you don't want a zealot on your Council, messing up your proceedings and holding up other policies and things that need to be discussed and pushed through. That'd just be a hassle for everyone.

However, if Jedi still wants a political angle for his thingy, maybe have his character go up against someone of a lower rank? A modestly successful merchant? Some kind of minister or smaller-scale politician? Someone who isn't protected by the elite of the Negavian military, and who couldn't probably blow you up just by looking at you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 36 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Q and A
Page 35 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next