Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

General Q and A

Go down 
+75
Darth_Nergal
Emerald Electronic
Oldman40k2003
Venom Agato
vore4life99
DaNoob13
DarkOne
Ilceren
McKindle
2Ron2R
AzureJass
HeavenlessStar
Boris92
Malahite
hhhat09
FalconJudge
jedi-explorer
EvilGenius
parameciumkid
Paltiel
Greyman
timing2
Rezec
/Fish/
Tango
Beefnautz
Pendragon
sadisticnerd
Axel Hunter
Archmage_Bael
MrNobody13
Darkstorm Zero
Black Aquila
ZionAtriedes
Iavlas
Silent_eric
TryMeIke
French snack
Saironthis
walkingbyself
Black Hole Fragment
Primeval Hunter
Nyaha
Krisexy26
gwadahunter2222
Vaderaz
zersergathant
TheArchvile
TheLightLost
AisuKaiko
itsmeyouidiot
CauldronBorn24
Slimetoad
Feadraug
Amaroq
macdaddy
The Ultimate
Claire
sparkythechu
Pim18
Jasconius
kikijonson
Anime-Junkie
luke112
aethernavale
Shady Knight
buddha66667
Prof.Nekko
Karbo
Jætte_Troll
Solomon
Sehoolighan
Grave
rcs619
Stabs
79 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Black Hole Fragment
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Black Hole Fragment

General Q and A - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 37 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 1:01 pm

DarkOne wrote:
Well I would think there would be business firms already in Negav for that sort of thing, they handle the negotiations according to law and write up business proposals for the Magiocrats, who as politicians simply sign the papers or reject it.

In order to get over they would normally need a gate and arrive at the Gate near Negav, if they are really intrested in Business with Negav they would of done their research and know about this.

This is true and while this would normally(sort of) work as an answer for me, but however it is more complicated than that. When I asked those questions, I was referring to a civilization in which that only began dimensional travel in a time frame, relative to Felaryas' timeline; around 37 years ago and only began sending members of their own kind in the last 7 and said means of dimensional travel initially did not involve gates. Hopefully I did not confuse anyone reading this.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 37 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 1:10 pm

Here's a better question: why would they even start business with civilizations that have just discovered dimensional travel over, you know, every other ones that have already made a solid economy out of it?
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Black Hole Fragment
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Black Hole Fragment

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 37 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 1:43 pm

Shady Knight wrote:
Here's a better question: why would they even start business with civilizations that have just discovered dimensional travel over, you know, every other ones that have already made a solid economy out of it?

Years of remote observation via drones prior to personel arriving to Felarya, along with "field" oberservation and reconnocess coupled with rather large advancement in the field of dimensional travel between when they first achived it and current date.( to give you an idea, look back to how the internet and technology in general changed between 1969 and 2006. That kind of advancement. And before you even ask as to what is holding them back from exploring many other relams and universe: Cautious exploration. And they fact that they could detect the gate near Negav and assumed that the city-state had knowledge on other worlds and thought it would be a good idea to get information from them. Also, before you ask at to why they didnt just go though the gate? Simple: any civiliazion that is new to dimensional travel would(hopefully) know better than to take intrude upon the space of another beacuse of the risk of accidently provoktion. Agian, real life has many examples of this. Furthermore, when I said "trade" I did not mean trade of physical goods, but of rather information(Remember, trade isnt just physical goods; it can also be of ideas and information.))

Agian, I do hope that this makes it clear as to what I'm talking about.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 37 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 2:26 pm

Nope, that just raised a whole bunch of new questions and holes. Bottom line: you're asking for stuff none of the people on the forum know, so you're better off just sending Karbo a note or private message, and at the end of the day, it's not even important to know that stuff. You could just say that it's the same as we did in real life in the very old days, only instead of ships, it's interdimensional spaceships.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Stabs
Stabs

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 37 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 2:33 pm

No, Black Hole Fragment, what you are saying isn't clear. It sounds like you're trying to devise a faction and want to portray the process by which they get in touch with the Magiocrats and get to trade with them. If so, given it's the crux of the fiction you'd be trying to write, that'd be something good to write up yourself.

Otherwise, let me try and pitch in. To start trading with Negav, you'd have to start small, gather something of a reputation so that the Magiocrats might actually think you're worthy of their time, then arrange a meeting in their offices and bring a lawyer. The rest would be just a game of pressure and sweetening the deal.

If you're interested in trading things other than information, tangible goods that aren't easily reproduced, well, we assume their trade is relatively unrestricted in Negav, so you can just set up shop there.
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 37 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 8:48 pm

Stabs wrote:
No, Black Hole Fragment, what you are saying isn't clear. It sounds like you're trying to devise a faction and want to portray the process by which they get in touch with the Magiocrats and get to trade with them. If so, given it's the crux of the fiction you'd be trying to write, that'd be something good to write up yourself.

Otherwise, let me try and pitch in. To start trading with Negav, you'd have to start small, gather something of a reputation so that the Magiocrats might actually think you're worthy of their time, then arrange a meeting in their offices and bring a lawyer. The rest would be just a game of pressure and sweetening the deal.

If you're interested in trading things other than information, tangible goods that aren't easily reproduced, well, we assume their trade is relatively unrestricted in Negav, so you can just set up shop there.

I imagine the two easiest ways to get in good with Negav trade-wise would be...

1: Food: In Negav, and even in the Chomikai Commons surrounding it, space is at a premium. I don't imagine they can grow enough food in-house to feed everyone reliably. Being able to provide large amounts of food and essential goods in reliable shipments would probably be something of interest to the city. I always had the impression that the bulk of Negav's food supply is imported from offworld.

2: Weapons/Technology/Magical stuff: This is a bit more situational, but the Magiocrats know that they are surrounded by a world that would kill them if they gave it the chance, and not only that, they have a rival faction within their own city, armed to the teeth, and allied more out of convenience than true friendship. I imagine they would always be looking for new bits of technology they could buy for their own use and/or reverse-engineer, and/or modify, and/or enchant to enhance performance. Same goes with offworld magical stuff I imagine.
Back to top Go down
Black Hole Fragment
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Black Hole Fragment

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 37 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 3:00 am

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 37 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 6:51 am

How long can Dryad go without food? I was curious becuase I was writing bio and in it I talked about the character going for years trying to stave off hunger using her root system and photosynthesis. I wanted to know if that was possible though.
Back to top Go down
Stabs
Stabs

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 37 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 4:43 pm

I'd say a few months, or more. About as long as a tree can go without water.

Speaking of water, slug girls don't like salt. It hurts. How would a dryad react to being salted? That stuff goes right into the soil, and then into the roots, if unchecked. That's gotta smart.
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 37 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 5:12 pm

Thank you I can now revise the bio. ^_^ As for salt personally from my own experiance with it, it's worse than weedkiller. Heck the stuff even rusts metal. I think even resilient Dryad would be sueverly injured if she got it on her. That being said I think it would take allot more than the bucket or bags of salt I used. After all most Dryad's are pretty tall so you may need at the very least a dozen drums to do any real damage and how are you going to deploy it? Better to just use Dryad-Away or Giga Weedkiller 999.
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 37 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 8:41 pm

jedi-explorer wrote:
How long can Dryad go without food? I was curious becuase I was writing bio and in it I talked about the character going for years trying to stave off hunger using her root system and photosynthesis. I wanted to know if that was possible though.

Well, keep in mind. The reason dryads can't just rely on photosynthesis and water to survive is because of the part of them that is not plant-based. The energy needed to run all their various biological functions, muscles, metabolism and so on, use up more energy and nutrients than photosynthesis and absorbing water and nutrients from the soil can cover. They eat meat to supplement what their body can't make enough of. I don't think they could go that much longer without food than a human could, really. Maybe a bit longer due to the photosynthesis and because dehydration isn't as much of an issue. Also because they eat less meat anyway than humans or other hybrids. Its a supplement for them, and they conserve energy whenever possible by not moving.
Back to top Go down
Stabs
Stabs

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 11:45 am

Bumping and marking the part where I stopped indexing.

Also, this one goes to Feadraug- how many people is the Murmur Inn intended to host, more or less?
Back to top Go down
Feadraug
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Feadraug

Location : The Forest of Whispers, along with Kyria and Seelvee

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 12:32 pm

Good question, Stabs. Since what we know from the wiki about 'Murmur' is just some summary, so details like the inn's actual structure aren't there. But take in mind, what I'm going to say can be considered non-canon, even if the inn itself is. ;P

'Murmur' isn't a really big inn, most just look at it more like a "forest tavern". It has three floors: ground, 1st and 2nd floor.

- Ground floor: Grigor's and Mel's quarters are here, but they are really small, as most of the space is for the dining room (+ toilets) and the kitchen. The dining room has a capacity for about 20 people, although you can fit more if you get the tables closer. There is some little stable here where Grigor's horses and cart rest, but any other horse is welcome.

- 1st floor: There are three rooms here. One of them is a double one, but there are two twin triple rooms, quite big, maybe too big... Also, take in account that there has to be room for the hallway and the stairs.

- 2nd floor: There are four rooms, all of them doubles.

So there are 16 people in the rooms plus 20 in the dining room plus Grigor and Mel... About 40 people, 50 at maximum and in a very busy day. But in a usual day? Maybe you won't get more than 30.

Don't get the illusion that 'Murmur' is a very big place. Something that big, despite the protection of its two large trees and some illusion spells, would be of too much interest for unwelcomed visitors. 'Murmur' is still a human building too close to the Forest of Whisper than you wish, but it is discrete enough with the right size.
Back to top Go down
http://paridas.carlosbg.es
Venom Agato
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Venom Agato

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 4:44 pm

Short, simple and to the point:

What's next for Felarya? A new comic? Series? Possible animation perhaps?
Back to top Go down
http://bioshockreborn.proboards.com
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 8:59 pm

Venom Agato wrote:
Short, simple and to the point:

What's next for Felarya? A new comic? Series? Possible animation perhaps?

That's not the kind of question this thread was intended for, Agato. It's made for questions more about the universe itself. Not it's fandom related stuff. Like how things work in universe. But to answer that question: Only Karbo can tell you what's next for the universe.
Back to top Go down
Venom Agato
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Venom Agato

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 6:17 am

Close enough. -__- Well alright then:

Will there be a new Guardian sometime, anytime really, in the Series or are the one's that exist now enough?
Back to top Go down
http://bioshockreborn.proboards.com
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 12:09 pm

I think, again, an innappropriate question for this thread. ^^;
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
EvilGenius
Marauder of the deep jungle
Marauder of the deep jungle

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 7:32 pm

Agato, this isn't a thread for what could be, is a thread for specification and elaboration on what already is.
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 37 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 9:10 am

Actually that can be put int he form of an answer: I believe the Guardians don't ever have over a certain number unless one dies or leaves the group, though I imagine both are rare since Guardians are the best characters with the most powerful abilities. That's why no one is just allowed to make one up or have their character ask "Hey can I join your group?" They Felarya's most elite and wisest denizens.
Back to top Go down
Oldman40k2003
Oldman40k2003

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 37 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 2:25 am

Venom Agato wrote:
Will there be a new Guardian sometime, anytime really, in the Series or are the one's that exist now enough?

jedi-explorer wrote:
Actually that can be put int he form of an answer: I believe the Guardians don't ever have over a certain number unless one dies or leaves the group, though I imagine both are rare since Guardians are the best characters with the most powerful abilities. That's why no one is just allowed to make one up or have their character ask "Hey can I join your group?" They Felarya's most elite and wisest denizens.

To quote the wiki: " They are widely seen as a mysterious and neutral background force that comes to light only during times of extreme crisis, when something threaten the very balance and order of Felarya. Think of them as the elder spirits of the forest."

So I would say that it is unlikely that the characters (in the Tomes) would run into a guardian at all. They'd have to be involved in apocolypse level events to even have a chance of that happening. I could see a "new" guardian being mentioned in passing, if there was some interesting niche for such a character to fill, but they'd likely only be "new" in the sense that they aren't currently in the wiki, not "new" in the sense of just recently becoming a guardian.

jedi-explorer wrote:
...I believe the Guardians don't ever have over a certain number unless one dies or leaves the group, though I imagine both are rare since Guardians are the best characters with the most powerful abilities.

Not to "bite off your head", but I rather disagree with how you have described the Guardians. The Guardains are not "the best characters", in fact according to the wiki "I don't really really consider guardians to be actual characters". They are more like forces of nature than superheros or a group of wizards, and because of this I don't think they'd be able to limit the size of their group or recruit new members. It seems to me that the title of Guardian is one that you earn when you satisfy the following two critera: your power is such that only a Guardian could hope to fight you and win, and you choose to use those powers more or less for the "good" of Felarya as a whole.

If the above is correct, then you can't really control the size of the "Guardian" classification: you can't "recruit" new Guardians, because you can't just elevate people to that level of power, and it's very difficult to kick people out of that classification becauce by definition they are just as strong as you.
Back to top Go down
http://oldman40k2003.deviantart.com/
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 37 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 11:25 am

Oldman40k2003 wrote:
It seems to me that the title of Guardian is one that you earn when you satisfy the following two critera: your power is such that only a Guardian could hope to fight you and win, and you choose to use those powers more or less for the "good" of Felarya as a whole.

Here's why even members here on the forum aren't really sure about that, because I disagree with you a bit. Instead of a character using their powers for good, I think they'd use it more or less for the sake of "balance" since good has a lot more to do with perspective than balance does. Or even to go a bit further, there's a "flow" to the world and its life force that's not good or bad, its just there and you want to go with that "flow" and since a guardian could be thought of as "an elder spirit of the forest" that would be fitting this.
Back to top Go down
Emerald Electronic
Naga food

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 6:53 pm

This is I suppose a pretty niche thing to ask for but does anybody know how thick an Achigate's (snail girl's) shell is? I'm asking because I'm currently writing a short story where a tribe of tinies has built a village into one and I don't want it to seem like they should have dug into her flesh by now.

Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
Darth_Nergal
Hero
Hero
Darth_Nergal

Location : Someplace north Tonorian Hive, south of the Chordoni Waterfall, east of the Kuwuni bridge, and west of the Lataran Temple

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 8:37 pm

Say, I need some help with my Nagaling. Does anyone know how tall and how long a baby Giant Naga would be? She's an Earth Naga, 1 year old, and will eventually be around Crisis' size.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sithlordnergal.deviantart.com
Emerald Electronic
Naga food

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 8:59 pm

I believe they would be about the size of a full grown human. They are far smaller compared to their mother than a little human kid and their mom because they came from eggs.
Back to top Go down
Darth_Nergal
Hero
Hero
Darth_Nergal

Location : Someplace north Tonorian Hive, south of the Chordoni Waterfall, east of the Kuwuni bridge, and west of the Lataran Temple

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 37 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 8:44 am

So they would be about 5-6 feet long then? :3

Also, one final question. Can someone give me an example of an egg stealing predators in Felarya?
Back to top Go down
http://www.sithlordnergal.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 37 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Q and A
Page 37 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next