Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A thread about friendship

Go down 
+19
Karbo
TheArchvile
French snack
macdaddy
Warrior3000
walkingbyself
ZionAtriedes
Jætte_Troll
Vaderaz
Pendragon
Nyaha
Asuroth
Shadeofheave
GREGOLE
Prof.Nekko
FalconJudge
Krisexy26
Grave
rcs619
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

A thread about friendship - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A thread about friendship   A thread about friendship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 8:00 pm

I see there's still some hostility here. I swear, it makes my blood boil when I get told to "chill out" and "stop making a fuss" and then those same people act like douchebags and start arguments everywhere.

When will it end?
Back to top Go down
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

PostSubject: Re: A thread about friendship   A thread about friendship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 8:07 pm

First of all, man, Nekko and I are joking. We do that a lot, pretending to be asses to each other, but it's all in fun.

Secondly, I really don't see that helping. We're all at fault, and I'm pretty sure everyone is aware of it.
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: A thread about friendship   A thread about friendship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 8:21 pm

Quote :
I see there's still some hostility here. I swear, it makes my blood boil when I get told to "chill out" and "stop making a fuss" and then those same people act like douchebags and start arguments everywhere.

When will it end?

No negativity in this thread of friendship and tolerance.

Offenders shall be banished, and then locked in a dungeon in the place they got banished to.

Repeat offenders will be sent to the moon.

(Just cheer up, man. This thread is about burying hatchets and starting fresh ^^ )

Quote :
First of all, man, Nekko and I are joking. We do that a lot, pretending to be asses to each other, but it's all in fun

Yes, I can verify that Zion and Nekko are complete assholes half the time.

...not as bad as Mac though =P

Quote :
Secondly, I really don't see that helping. We're all at fault, and I'm pretty sure everyone is aware of it.

Yep, nearly everyone has done wrong in some way or another lately. That's why I think getting those hatchets buried, and starting fresh is the best solution. A clean slate for everypony.
Back to top Go down
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

PostSubject: Re: A thread about friendship   A thread about friendship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 9:00 pm

rcs619 wrote:
everypony.
I hate you so, so much.

Well, yeah, Mac's a giant asshole. I don't know WHY Chuck would give him modship in the Vent. That was dumber than giving it to Terra.

Oh, hey, waypoint reached. Time to wrap up this post.
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: A thread about friendship   A thread about friendship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 9:27 pm

ZionAtriedes wrote:
rcs619 wrote:
everypony.
I hate you so, so much.

: D

I do my best. lol
Back to top Go down
FalconJudge
Hero
Hero
FalconJudge

PostSubject: Re: A thread about friendship   A thread about friendship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 10:19 pm

My Little Pony and Phineas and Ferb, man. Those two.

Cliff, watch Phineas and Ferb.

And speaking of assholes, anyone see Warrior lately? I miss his wit and occasional caustic hatred.
Back to top Go down
http://falconjudge2.deviantart.com/
Warrior3000
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Warrior3000

PostSubject: Re: A thread about friendship   A thread about friendship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 10:44 pm

FalconJudge wrote:
My Little Pony and Phineas and Ferb, man. Those two.

Cliff, watch Phineas and Ferb.

And speaking of assholes, anyone see Warrior lately? I miss his wit and occasional caustic hatred.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://w-3-k.deviantart.com/
FalconJudge
Hero
Hero
FalconJudge

PostSubject: Re: A thread about friendship   A thread about friendship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 12:04 am

Found him!
Back to top Go down
macdaddy
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
macdaddy

PostSubject: Re: A thread about friendship   A thread about friendship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 1:02 am

ZionAtriedes wrote:
rcs619 wrote:
everypony.
I hate you so, so much.

Well, yeah, Mac's a giant asshole. I don't know WHY Chuck would give him modship in the Vent. That was dumber than giving it to Terra.

Oh, hey, waypoint reached. Time to wrap up this post.

C= Chucks mah main man

And you joke dislike me because of the paper incident of 94 study , Everyone loves me cheers
Back to top Go down
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: A thread about friendship   A thread about friendship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 2:09 am

I'm not clicking on those ponies. Razz

The basics are quite simple. The rules set out an obligation for civil and courteous behaviour at all times. We're all rational adults (or in some cases maybe, people in their late teens), capable of self-control.

In addition, it would indeed certainly be helpful if people tried to view one another in a more positive light, letting bygones be bygones where there's lingering bad blood.

Zion, I can actually understand your reasons for wanting to (effectively) chase away certain newbies. But that's simply not the way this forum works, whatever anyone's views on the matter may be. When someone posts a bad idea, the proper response is polite critique. One of two things can be expected to happen in response: Either the newcomer will take the critique to heart, and improve, and hey presto, we may have a new valued contributor in the community. Or the newcomer will bristle even at polite critique and leave, or simply give up, thinking it's not worth the effort trying to improve. And that will have weeded out the people who were never going to be useful contributors. The point is, positive outcomes both ways can be achieved by being polite. (And being polite isn't an option anyway; it's in the forum rules, and they will continue to be enforced.)

The spirit of this thread is certainly positive, and I hope it can help achieve better feeling all round. Smile
Back to top Go down
FalconJudge
Hero
Hero
FalconJudge

PostSubject: Re: A thread about friendship   A thread about friendship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 7:51 am

French snack wrote:
I'm not clicking on those ponies. Razz

The basics are quite simple. The rules set out an obligation for civil and courteous behaviour at all times. We're all rational adults (or in some cases maybe, people in their late teens), capable of self-control.

In addition, it would indeed certainly be helpful if people tried to view one another in a more positive light, letting bygones be bygones where there's lingering bad blood.

Zion, I can actually understand your reasons for wanting to (effectively) chase away certain newbies. But that's simply not the way this forum works, whatever anyone's views on the matter may be. When someone posts a bad idea, the proper response is polite critique. One of two things can be expected to happen in response: Either the newcomer will take the critique to heart, and improve, and hey presto, we may have a new valued contributor in the community. Or the newcomer will bristle even at polite critique and leave, or simply give up, thinking it's not worth the effort trying to improve. And that will have weeded out the people who were never going to be useful contributors. The point is, positive outcomes both ways can be achieved by being polite. (And being polite isn't an option anyway; it's in the forum rules, and they will continue to be enforced.)

The spirit of this thread is certainly positive, and I hope it can help achieve better feeling all round. Smile

But that's not always true. It's a false assumption. Remember Shingikku? He was around for WAY too long. That guy calmly accepted all crits... and changed absolutely nothing.

Beyond that, there was a double standard there. People didn't care that I did my best to baste him... why is it suddenly wrong when people do it to other n00bs? I'm not saying it's a good thing to do, of course, but still.
Back to top Go down
TheArchvile
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
TheArchvile

PostSubject: Re: A thread about friendship   A thread about friendship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 8:43 am

I'm sorry, but ponies? Shocked Either I'm too manly or not manly enough, but I just can't watch that... freak out
I jest, I jest!

Of course that will happen Falcon, and yeah, it's annoying as hell.
But I still think being polite is a better way to deal with people in general, you can never really do harm by being polite. Does it always fix problems? Hell no! But it never causes them, and respect and tolerance should be use for a long, long time before you start being harsh...
It's kind of like, trying diplomacy before going to war, you know? Yeah maybe sometimes you know ahead of time it's a wasted effort, but you should still try.

Now as for friends and enemies, I think it ties in with what Jaette said, it's all about respect. You can disagree with someone and keep it civil even if you really despise them, it helps group cohesion. Civility and respect can only do good. On a discussion board like this you have to be extra careful not to step on people's toes, something about the delayed responses and the anonymity of a forum has a way of making disagreements take on gigantic proportions when there isn't really any reason to fight in the first place. You really have to take that into consideration before saying anything. Yeah it feels unnatural, but it's necessary. Proof of that is the little jest between Nekko and Zion, I really thought those two were going to go at it until Zion said they were joking. On a forum you can't really get a feel for what the other person is saying, our natural social instincts are very skewed by this medium and it's easy to take offense where none -or at least very little- was meant.

We have to remember that by being harsh with one person on a forum we may offend others we have no quarrel with, and THAT'S how all these forum fights start. Keep arguments off the forum! That way you can resolve you differences with the person you do have a problem with without it snowballing out of control. I'm not new to forums though and I've seen them fall because of petty quarrels based on nothing at all at times, I really hope that this won't hapen here.

I think the future is looking bright overall though, when tight groups of friends manage to form, usually communities like this can weather these storms quite well. This thread is an excellent idea Cliff, it reminds people of that, and as long as people remember their friends these fights will pass and the community with still be there in the end.

That's really awful what happened to you Zion, I can't even imagine what that must feel like. That kind of thing can really break someone, and I'm glad that, overall, you seem to be doing okay... That takes some guts. I really hope you do change your mind, but in the end if you feel you don't have a place here anymore at least you can keep the friends you've made.

I hope to be around here for a good long while and make plenty of friends myself, I've met a lot of really cool people here and I hope I get to know you all better! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: A thread about friendship   A thread about friendship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 11:24 am

I guess you guys have a point. Let's bury the hatchet like suggested.
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: A thread about friendship   A thread about friendship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 11:48 am

Quote :
I'm not clicking on those ponies.

That's what they all say >: D

Mwuahahaha

Quote :

True, there are rules. But, let's face it, we're all guilty of violating the "Be Nice" rules at some point or another.

That's why I made this thread. If we can all be friends, or at least get along, we can have true civil discourse. Wouldn't even need to rely on the rules to be nice and courteous to eachother.

Quote :

Hell yes ^^

I think that's why a complete clean slate is needed. We have had such an ugly bout of drama recently, and it still lingers over the forum. Let's just wipe it out, start fresh, and move on. Lingering over those issues are only going to lead to more fights and outbursts of frustration.

Quote :
I'm sorry, but ponies? Either I'm too manly or not manly enough, but I just can't watch that...

Im afraid its the latter =P

Just go type "Real men watch" into google and see what comes up.

Quote :
Of course that will happen Falcon, and yeah, it's annoying as hell.
But I still think being polite is a better way to deal with people in general, you can never really do harm by being polite. Does it always fix problems? Hell no! But it never causes them, and respect and tolerance should be use for a long, long time before you start being harsh...
It's kind of like, trying diplomacy before going to war, you know? Yeah maybe sometimes you know ahead of time it's a wasted effort, but you should still try.

Yep, try to kill them with kindness.

A thread about friendship - Page 2 Tumblr_lmrno2iLV71qchbl4
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: A thread about friendship   A thread about friendship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 12:23 pm

Zion's post made me feel bad for him, and I really hope that at some point I, too, can be someone he calls a friend. But mostly, it made me realize how out-of-the-loop I am. ^^; But that's nothing new.

Also, FALCON KNOWS PHINEAS AND FERB!!! Eeeeeee!! <3 Best. Show. EVER! =^_^=
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

PostSubject: Re: A thread about friendship   A thread about friendship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 1:33 pm

Whoa whoa whoa now, I never intended to be pitiable. I was simply explaining a bit of my frustration and anger at life in general, and why I'll often resort to painting myself as a martyr or tragic hero of sorts; because of certain desires that will always go unfulfilled. I've always been a fighter, always been ferocious when I need to be, but now I feel like I have all those feelings bubbling over with no outlet. I wasn't making any excuses. Only explanations.

Nyaha, try hanging out in the Vent once in a while. That's how I got into the loop, really. You don't need a mic, since there's a text chat, too. Just... be careful. We're an influential bunch, and soon enough you'll be playing Magicka and EVE Online, and arguing about 40K factions.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: A thread about friendship   A thread about friendship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 1:59 pm

ZionAtriedes wrote:
Whoa whoa whoa now, I never intended to be pitiable. I was simply explaining a bit of my frustration and anger at life in general, and why I'll often resort to painting myself as a martyr or tragic hero of sorts; because of certain desires that will always go unfulfilled. I've always been a fighter, always been ferocious when I need to be, but now I feel like I have all those feelings bubbling over with no outlet. I wasn't making any excuses. Only explanations.

Nyaha, try hanging out in the Vent once in a while. That's how I got into the loop, really. You don't need a mic, since there's a text chat, too. Just... be careful. We're an influential bunch, and soon enough you'll be playing Magicka and EVE Online, and arguing about 40K factions.
I'm using my mom's computer. I can't download anything. You people and your stupid download thingies. >_< I'm sad now.
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
FalconJudge
Hero
Hero
FalconJudge

PostSubject: Re: A thread about friendship   A thread about friendship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 6:50 pm

I'm sorry, Zion. I know there is nothing in this world as annoying as being pitied.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: A thread about friendship   A thread about friendship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 7:53 am

Well this thread is a nice surprise. I'm fully behind it and hope it can create a more positive and friendlier atmosphere on those forums ^_^
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

PostSubject: Re: A thread about friendship   A thread about friendship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 2:59 pm

Karbo is hiding behind the thread, let's get him and rape him :/

my humor leaves you speechless! Now I shall go...

. (<---final point)
Back to top Go down
http://krisexy26.deviantart.com/
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

PostSubject: Re: A thread about friendship   A thread about friendship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 3:37 pm

Krisexy26 wrote:
Karbo is hiding behind the thread, let's get him and rape him :/

my humor leaves you speechless! Now I shall go...

. (<---final point)

I don't know about raping Karbo, but I've definitely got the sudden urge to rape some fuckin ponies.
Back to top Go down
FalconJudge
Hero
Hero
FalconJudge

PostSubject: Re: A thread about friendship   A thread about friendship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 4:43 pm

Touch Buttershy and you die.
Back to top Go down
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

PostSubject: Re: A thread about friendship   A thread about friendship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 5:55 pm

pinkie pie seemed like an easy prey Cool

just present her cookies and she'll fall into the trapt like a brainless little child eh eh eh
Back to top Go down
http://krisexy26.deviantart.com/
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: A thread about friendship   A thread about friendship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 12:20 am

You seem to imply that Rainbow Dash wouldn't be the one DOING said "raping".

Taste the rainbow.
Back to top Go down
FalconJudge
Hero
Hero
FalconJudge

PostSubject: Re: A thread about friendship   A thread about friendship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 3:07 am

Pendragon wrote:
You seem to imply that Rainbow Dash wouldn't be the one DOING said "raping".

Taste the rainbow.

Taste it hard, motherfucker.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A thread about friendship   A thread about friendship - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A thread about friendship
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next