Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Community Artifacts Index

Go down 
+12
Americanhero45
sadisticnerd
Malahite
Archmage_Bael
itsmeyouidiot
EvilGenius
Stabs
Darth_Nergal
jedi-explorer
parameciumkid
DarkOne
Nyaha
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

Community Artifacts Index - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Community Artifacts Index   Community Artifacts Index - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 11:20 am

Nyaha wrote:
Yeah, those might be more defining words for it. :3

Kay I'll go back and edit it. You have my premission to add it after I do. I think it's possibly the the best artifact I've done yet.
Back to top Go down
Darth_Nergal
Hero
Hero
Darth_Nergal

Location : Someplace north Tonorian Hive, south of the Chordoni Waterfall, east of the Kuwuni bridge, and west of the Lataran Temple

PostSubject: Re: Community Artifacts Index   Community Artifacts Index - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 2:26 pm

Name: Pallium Cloak
Rarity: Semi-Precious
Price: 2,500

A forest green cloak with gold trimming and a hood. Arcane words are stitched into the gold rimming of the cloak. While Pallium Cloaks can be made to specific sizes, the average cloak is long enough that a 6 foot tall Human could easily cover his/her entire body under the cloak.The cloaks are made out of a material that is fairly warm, and can keep the wearer pretty dry, just like a normal cloak.

How to Use:

The magic is activated by pulling up the hood so it covers the wearers face. Once activated, the cloak hides the wearer's scent and magical aura that all beings in Felarya have, and it silences any sounds they might make. Plus the cloak blends into whatever surroundings are around the wearer, providing some very good camouflage.

(Now, I do require some help with the price and rarity. I'm not sure if an item like this would be uncommon or semi-precious, and the price depends on that)

Last edited by Darth_Nergal on Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.sithlordnergal.deviantart.com
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

PostSubject: Re: Community Artifacts Index   Community Artifacts Index - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 6:51 pm

That sounds ready to become a staple supply for Felaryan adventurers.
Back to top Go down
http://helia.net63.net
Darth_Nergal
Hero
Hero
Darth_Nergal

Location : Someplace north Tonorian Hive, south of the Chordoni Waterfall, east of the Kuwuni bridge, and west of the Lataran Temple

PostSubject: Re: Community Artifacts Index   Community Artifacts Index - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 8:22 pm

I need a price though dang it all. DX
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Community Artifacts Index   Community Artifacts Index - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 8:57 pm

Quote :
I need a price though dang it all. DX

2,500. It sounds like a very nice artifact and expensive to make I'd think.
Back to top Go down
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

PostSubject: Re: Community Artifacts Index   Community Artifacts Index - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 9:03 am

2,500 what? Rupees!
*buys one for less than a dollar*
INVISIBILITY IS MINE! HAHAHAHA Evil laugh
Glad it wasn't 2500 euros or I'd be broke xP
Back to top Go down
Darth_Nergal
Hero
Hero
Darth_Nergal

PostSubject: Re: Community Artifacts Index   Community Artifacts Index - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 12:55 pm

I think 2,500 may be a bit too much. Nothing I've posted so far is over 1,00 skevols. It really wouldn't be that expensive, I think. The hiding the aura might be difficult, but maybe around 700 skevols?

that having been said, I have five new items to add. Now, none of these items would be of much use to an adventuerer, but they are still something you might find in a magical society. I will admit that I took some inspiration from books like Harry Potter and the Inheritance series, particularly with the board games and window/door frames.

Juggling Spheres:

animated/magic board games:

Theater Props:

Sealed Window/Door frames:

Homophonic Instruments:

Felarian Plates:

Last edited by Darth_Nergal on Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Community Artifacts Index   Community Artifacts Index - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 4:04 pm

I have yet to read any of those but I will say this:

I thought that said 'homophobic instruments' at first. XD
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

PostSubject: Re: Community Artifacts Index   Community Artifacts Index - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 5:52 pm

LOL ME TOO Laughing
Back to top Go down
Darth_Nergal
Hero
Hero
Darth_Nergal

PostSubject: Re: Community Artifacts Index   Community Artifacts Index - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 9:51 pm

XD It does look like homophobic doesn't it? But no, it is an actual musical term. ^_^ But now I'm curious, what would a homophobic instrument do?
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Community Artifacts Index   Community Artifacts Index - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 10:48 am

Darth_Nergal wrote:
I think 2,500 may be a bit too much. Nothing I've posted so far is over 1,00 skevols. It really wouldn't be that expensive, I think. The hiding the aura might be difficult, but maybe around 700 skevols?

that having been said, I have five new items to add. Now, none of these items would be of much use to an adventuerer, but they are still something you might find in a magical society. I will admit that I took some inspiration from books like Harry Potter and the Inheritance series, particularly with the board games and window/door frames.

Juggling Spheres:

animated/magic board games:

Theater Props:

Sealed Window/Door frames:

Homophonic Instruments:

Felarian Plates:

Okay first off think that all the items are cool, but my favorite is the Felaryan plates. (So know what I'm decorating so OC rooms with now~) And a Homophobic would play anything but show tunes obviously.

Second I have to say I don't think you've researched all the uses of yoru artifacts if you say you don't see how some are useful tat obviously are. Or maybe only I see this but the Theater Props have illusion-like properties that allow to look like you just jammed a sword into your opponet's chest, then to the on lookers it appears you killed him. You make up some story about him murdering your dog and burning down your house then add in some details about him being a predator sympathiser and then you're a hero! You have some trust ascoites drag the body away and then , after enjoying all the town has to offer, you leave and meet up with the not killed comrade and do the act again. Limited but fun! You can also add in a mini predator, Nikita size, and go all "Dragonheart" but it's a little harder to do. Maybe if those props come in all sizes you could have over-sized sword of dridder slaying. Also I have giant OC who runs a playhouse and she'd be really happy to have a set of these. ^_^ In fact I have two bios to write now but I'm glad we can post items that aren't necessarily useful to missions and quests. It makes my idea perceptive less limited. I've had a few that weren't quite as "epic" as my others. I may post them when I track them down. ^^;
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Community Artifacts Index   Community Artifacts Index - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 3:45 pm

I dunno. Somehow those frivolous ideas seem like a waste of space. Perfectly good ideas to be certain, but at the same time that kind of takes away from the overall value of making this thread. I don't want to have this become a thing where just every magical item gets a spot on the index - I want people to be creative for themselves, too! So, while I do think those are all great ideas, I think that they are things that other people are just as likely to come up with (or maybe even have already came up with) for their own purposes. Unless I am authoritatively convinced otherwise, I don't think those ideas will make it to the index. Sad

Also for the Pallium Cloak, I think 2,500 SK is a great price. It's a very useful item, not cheap to make, and definitely something that would likely be in high demand.

Also, Jedi, you have yet to change the name of your Elvish 'Whetstones'.
Back to top Go down
Darth_Nergal
Hero
Hero
Darth_Nergal

PostSubject: Re: Community Artifacts Index   Community Artifacts Index - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 8:11 am

Sounds good. ^_^ I actually got the idea they might not make due to the fact that they're more background items. Like souvenirs and such. :3 And 2,500 SK it will be.Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Community Artifacts Index   Community Artifacts Index - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 3:00 pm

Nyaha wrote:
I dunno. Somehow those frivolous ideas seem like a waste of space. Perfectly good ideas to be certain, but at the same time that kind of takes away from the overall value of making this thread. I don't want to have this become a thing where just every magical item gets a spot on the index - I want people to be creative for themselves, too! So, while I do think those are all great ideas, I think that they are things that other people are just as likely to come up with (or maybe even have already came up with) for their own purposes. Unless I am authoritatively convinced otherwise, I don't think those ideas will make it to the index. Sad

Also for the Pallium Cloak, I think 2,500 SK is a great price. It's a very useful item, not cheap to make, and definitely something that would likely be in high demand.

Also, Jedi, you have yet to change the name of your Elvish 'Whetstones'.

I just did and don't add them to the index then. Could always make a separate thread for fun stuff that has new use, right?
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Community Artifacts Index   Community Artifacts Index - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 3:07 pm

I don't see why not. :3 I'm also playing with the idea of making a similar thread to this one for magic spells that might be commonly taught or used in Felarya, too. Do you think that'd be a good idea?

If nobody has any objections, I'd like to add the Pallium Cloak to the index.
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Community Artifacts Index   Community Artifacts Index - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 3:28 pm

Nyaha wrote:
I don't see why not. :3 I'm also playing with the idea of making a similar thread to this one for magic spells that might be commonly taught or used in Felarya, too. Do you think that'd be a good idea?

If nobody has any objections, I'd like to add the Pallium Cloak to the index.

I like the sound of that! ^__^ I would love to have a thread for spells. I have allot more spell users now thanks to Felarya's many magical groups and types so it'd be cool to have a thread to reference them also yeah I say you should add and I changed "Wet" to "Whet". Sorry it toome so long to do so.
Back to top Go down
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

PostSubject: Re: Community Artifacts Index   Community Artifacts Index - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 6:52 pm

The animatic board game idea reminds me of 'Wizard Chess' from Harry Potter Razz
Back to top Go down
Darth_Nergal
Hero
Hero
Darth_Nergal

PostSubject: Re: Community Artifacts Index   Community Artifacts Index - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 9:54 pm

Lol, I did get that idea from Wizard's Chess from Harry Potter. ^_^ So Nyaha, would that new thread you're planning to make be a better place for the five ideas I posted? :3
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Community Artifacts Index   Community Artifacts Index - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 3:13 pm

Put simply, no.
Back to top Go down
Stabs
Stabs

PostSubject: Re: Community Artifacts Index   Community Artifacts Index - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 4:29 pm

Nyaha wrote:
I dunno. Somehow those frivolous ideas seem like a waste of space. Perfectly good ideas to be certain, but at the same time that kind of takes away from the overall value of making this thread. I don't want to have this become a thing where just every magical item gets a spot on the index - I want people to be creative for themselves, too! So, while I do think those are all great ideas, I think that they are things that other people are just as likely to come up with (or maybe even have already came up with) for their own purposes. Unless I am authoritatively convinced otherwise, I don't think those ideas will make it to the index.

Would you allow me to try and change your mind about one of those, Nyaha? Very Happy

Since it seems these frivolous ideas are a waste of space, maybe we can try to improve upon them a little, if you don't mind, Nergal. Remember that time with Leila and the wind-up toy? Maybe we could take some of your ideas, one at a time, and add another layer of uses to them. I'd like to start with the animated board games...

Maybe we could make instead animated board game pieces, capable of tasks beyond simply moving into each other's squares as long as they're simple? For instance, "White bishop, flick off the light switch when I leave. Black bishop, flick on the light switch when I enter." Just think of how decadently wasteful and luxurious that is! Alternatively, we could have little figurines that you just could play board games with.

Think that'd be any better, guys? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Community Artifacts Index   Community Artifacts Index - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 4:33 pm

I like where you're going with this. I suppose if they were made unique enough in that respect, I could change my mind. I just hope nobody gets upset if it doesn't. Sad
Back to top Go down
Darth_Nergal
Hero
Hero
Darth_Nergal

PostSubject: Re: Community Artifacts Index   Community Artifacts Index - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 12:02 am

I like that a lot better Stabs, good idea. ^_^ Any other suggestions? :3
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Community Artifacts Index   Community Artifacts Index - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 3:45 pm

Okay, I've been informed that the whole bold and underline thing for artifacts that are in the index might be a little much, so I guess I'll be doing away with that rule? TBH I'm not sure how much authority I should be having over things like these, but, I guess it's my thread, so do what I say or else! ^.^ I mean, uh, y'know, if you want to. >//<

Also I've changed the thread's name to better reflect what it's supposed to be. I hope you like this better!
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Community Artifacts Index   Community Artifacts Index - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 5:27 pm

Nyaha wrote:
Okay, I've been informed that the whole bold and underline thing for artifacts that are in the index might be a little much, so I guess I'll be doing away with that rule? TBH I'm not sure how much authority I should be having over things like these, but, I guess it's my thread, so do what I say or else! ^.^ I mean, uh, y'know, if you want to. >//<

Also I've changed the thread's name to better reflect what it's supposed to be. I hope you like this better!

I like the new title. ^_^ I think it should get a sticky since it's vauble as a resource for both writers and character creators. Also I like the idea of game figures doing more than just playing on a board. That's a little like Shabti statues from mythology.I'm going to submit one that's been bugging me on how to perfect. Be warned very incomplete idea.

Name: Spell Sling
Rarity: Rare
Average Price: 6,500 SK (For a simple model. Custom makes may cost more)

The spell sling was first thought up by a Psi’ol Magiocrat who liked to to hunt game near Negav. He liked guns, but found it most irritating to have to reload the clip or restock the powder. So he decided to build a magical gun which he called a Spell Sling. This remarkable tool uses no bullet, instead relying on a charged Mazhir gem that’s been loaded with magical energy and is easy to recharge with one’s own mana flow. The design has been played around with some much it’s hard to determine what the original looked like but all require trigger, hand grip, barrel of some kind and a firing pin to strike the Mazhir and emit the bolt of energy. The Negav Hunting and Game Guild frowns on using Spell Slings for use on their hunting trails and but have yet to ban them due to the fact most aren’t terribly accurate, hence why it’s mostly used as a sporting riffle or self defense weapon instead of anti-predator gun. The “Hammer” model can only fire one bolt at a time and has to be reset in order to be used again. There have been attempts to make models that can rapidly fire bolts but allot of those sold are very dangerous as they build too much magical static and can explode. If you want a safe a reliable weapon you should stick to non-custom factory make.

How to Use:

Pull the pin back and wait till it locks. The trigger should snap forward indicating it’s ready to fire. Pull the trigger and a bolt of energy should be emitted from the barrel and fly towards the target. If this does not happen inspect the gem and make sure it’s glowing and you’ve properly recharged it. Note: Trigger can sometimes stick on older models. Be sure and keep the weapon well lubricated.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Community Artifacts Index   Community Artifacts Index - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 2:33 pm

That is an awesome weapon idea! ^.^ I love it! Also, I'll give the magical game pieces a little more thought. :3 Does anybody have any more feedback to add or may I go ahead and add the Spell Sling?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Community Artifacts Index   Community Artifacts Index - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Community Artifacts Index
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next