Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Humans Vs. Man-eaters

Go down 
+11
Nyaha
Chihiro Fujisaki
jedi-explorer
EvilGenius
Darth_Nergal
Karbo
Stabs
ravaging vixen
parameciumkid
DarkOne
ChristianBethel
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

Humans Vs. Man-eaters - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Humans Vs. Man-eaters   Humans Vs. Man-eaters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 5:12 pm

EvilGenius wrote:
But it is entirely true. Bad things happen to good people on a daily basis, and a dose of reality is something far too many people need nowadays.

Exactly, furthermore bad things happen to good people all the time in fiction. it's the main princable of conflict in a narrative. 'Les Misérables' the 19th century novel was pretty much built on the concept, afterall, the book woulden't have been really be able to portray the 'French Revolution' accurately if every good characters went home to lead happy lives in the end.

As for El Portero's story, if I recall correctly that was a very morally grey story. While some of Crisis' and Elle's victims were innocent, many of them however were clearly not.
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Humans Vs. Man-eaters   Humans Vs. Man-eaters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 10:00 pm

Karbo wrote:
ChristianBethel :
They are not really in a position to wage a war against the rest of the world and dominate it. And personally I think this is one of the aspect of Felarya that make it interesting and fascinating.

I agree. I used think the "No Conquering Felarya" rule was stupid but then I realized it makes you think of lesser, but more sneaky ways to make evil plots! ^_^ Taking away the big doom button and the mad scientist with his evil death ray makes you start think smarter and more clever.
Back to top Go down
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

PostSubject: Re: Humans Vs. Man-eaters   Humans Vs. Man-eaters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 6:24 am

jedi-explorer wrote:

I agree. I used think the "No Conquering Felarya" rule was stupid but then I realized it makes you think of lesser, but more sneaky ways to make evil plots! ^_^ Taking away the big doom button and the mad scientist with his evil death ray makes you start think smarter and more clever.

That's true,

But also what point would a 'Conquering Felarya' story have? It certainly not be warmly accepted by fans or be considered canon because it basically saying "Felarya is conquered, you guys can stop writing about it now."

How could other members of the community contribute to the world with new races? They can't, because Felarya would not be Felarya anymore, it would be.......'People world....where people just do the same stuff as we do on earth....like wacthing television and browsing the internets!"'

I would say a Conquering Felarya story is okay as a 'What if?" Scenario or an 'Alternative reality story' but that's as far as such a story will get. If you try to pass it of as something that actually happens in Felarya, then most of the fanbase will not like it, because it goes against what people came to the community for the first place. It would be like 'World of Warcraft, with all the races and creatures removed and you can only play as humans, and your certainly not going out on adventures because there are no more monsters to fight, instead you do daily chores around the villages.'

Or it would be like 'Sherlock Holmes without the criminals'

Back to top Go down
Stabs
Stabs

PostSubject: Re: Humans Vs. Man-eaters   Humans Vs. Man-eaters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 3:04 pm

EvilGenius wrote:
But it is entirely true. Bad things happen to good people on a daily basis, and a dose of reality is something far too many people need nowadays.

Just for the sake of irony, I'd like to point out you can't get a dose of reality from a story about giant nekkid ladys that eated people. That's what newspapers are for... and real life, too.

DarkOne wrote:
I would say a Conquering Felarya story is okay as a 'What if?" Scenario or an 'Alternative reality story' but that's as far as such a story will get.

There's one, actually. I think jakethecardsculptor is writing "Enter Ayralef", where Felarya as a whole became civilized because Ur-Sagol was never destroyed. It's a lot more fun than you'd think: everyone gets along with humans. Real popular stuff, too, so there's that.

http://www.jakethecardsculptor.deviantart.com/

You might enjoy it, Bethel, but I gotta warn you, there won't be much in the way of vore there. I'm assuming if you're reading anything by ElPortero, you want vore and you know it.

If you're looking for a story where only bad people get nommed on, I can't think of any off the top of my hat.
Back to top Go down
ravaging vixen
ravaging vixen

PostSubject: Re: Humans Vs. Man-eaters   Humans Vs. Man-eaters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 4:05 pm

I think his biggest problem really is that he doesn't think humans have a winning edge as whole. Which they don't and why should they? I mean felarya isn't supposed to be a sweeping conflict world (Meaning you have the white and black as the whole look on it. Ex. being U.N.S.C vs Covenant from halo. Death eaters vs the good wizards/witches from harrypotter. Then you have the jedi vs sith. And then the best example you can relate is to your clause is Shingeki no Kyojin Humanity vs a mysterious organization that has a bunch of redshirt man-eaters. And intelligent titans.

How ever, as Felarya is an open world spectrum, and that you can relate,negotiate, and communicate with the local man eaters and even sometimes the fauna to have good things come to pass, while at the same time can create conflict as mentioned up above. Felarya give you a lot of options to play with something like that. Though I do admit that since it it a fetish based world that's just is made "Just for fun." It doesn't mean that there can't be that kind of serious conflict present in cultures,races,and societies. If you read stories, you'll see some that depict that very nicely, but as far as making it canon goes. That all depends on Karbo, and this kind of world interaction isn't his forte as you know. You should try making up your own setting if you'd like to see something like that happen and see where it goes. Maybe a town or city similar to negav the is pro-humanity Razz. Personally for me, I like seeing societies having to tackle a problem in come out stronger or weaker to show their humbleness or consequence of their actions. The table is literally all layed out all for you on this, you just gotta read,read,read and use your imagination Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
ChristianBethel
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer
ChristianBethel

PostSubject: Re: Humans Vs. Man-eaters   Humans Vs. Man-eaters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 6:25 pm

Back to top Go down
https://christianbethel.wordpress.com
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

PostSubject: Re: Humans Vs. Man-eaters   Humans Vs. Man-eaters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 6:33 pm

ChristianBethel wrote:

If you disagree with something, woulden't it be better to speak your mind? Blank comments like that doesn't help anyone.

Back to top Go down
ChristianBethel
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer
ChristianBethel

PostSubject: Re: Humans Vs. Man-eaters   Humans Vs. Man-eaters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 5:28 am

Hey, Stabs, I like the "stuffed belly" aspect of ElPortero's stories, not the vore, which is why I enjoy them so much. However Felarya is quite the astounding place and I can't help but be a part of its fandom.
Back to top Go down
Chihiro Fujisaki
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Chihiro Fujisaki

PostSubject: Re: Humans Vs. Man-eaters   Humans Vs. Man-eaters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 9:02 am

Vore is a stretch for a lot of us here Christian. Not everyone who is part of the Felarya fandom is here for vore. Some are here for the giant women aspect, some to explore their creativity, other to role-play. It can be for anyone. I personally am not a fan of fatal vore, but you have to be able to tolerate it.
Back to top Go down
ChristianBethel
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer
ChristianBethel

PostSubject: Re: Humans Vs. Man-eaters   Humans Vs. Man-eaters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 8:37 pm

DarkOne wrote:
What human settlement are you thinking of exactly? She would be able to go down on small villages of native races that most humans won't care about. But when it comes to the major human settlements Crisis shoulden't have much luck in getting anywhere near them.

The Miratans are heavily armed, hiding in the mountains and are so far out from Crisis' hunting ground that the only way she could possibly find it is if they were dumb enougth to lead her to it themselves.

Negav has an anti gaint field around it that will keep all gaints at bay, Also the quickest way to Negav from the Gaint Tree is the through the settlement of Nekomura who also have their own (albeit weaker) anti-gaint feild. She would have to somehow penertrate both fields if she wants to get near Negav, unless she wants to take a longer route to Negav. And even if she somehow surpasses these, she would have to contend with the citiy's canons and army of battle mages.

The people of the bowl are even further away from Crisis than the Miratans are and she would have to go through swamps to get there. And it's protected by Cypress the Dryad who is almost twice the size of Crisis

Akaptor Nomads are all the way in the Akaptor desert, that's insanely far away from Crisis.

Chioita City is just as far away as the Akaptor Nomads, and the city is on an island in the Topazial sea. They are also on good terms with the local predators of that area and Crisis woulden't want them as enimies.

Safe Harbour is quite near to the great tree, but has Gaintess Jade to protect it and she knows how to get on peacefully with Crisis.

The only major human settlement that would find Crisis a problem would be the Deluran Colony...but that's only because they built their base so close to the great tree....and the fairly kingdom...and use metals that rust quickly in Felarya. But that's their fault for performing the biggest research fail in the universe. But at least they are underground, Crisis has to find them first before she can get to them.

So really, the main big human settlements I named arn't really at any real danger of Crisis attacking them. In places like Negav, other humans such as killers and bandits are a bigger threat.

*sigh* I was using her as example... Why don't you go ahead and replace her with another dangerous predator who is CLOSE to Negav, or Mirata, or the Akaptor Desert, then? Have you an argument?

shadow17 wrote:
Vore is a stretch for a lot of us here Christian. Not everyone who is part of the Felarya fandom is here for vore. Some are here for the giant women aspect, some to explore their creativity, other to role-play. It can be for anyone. I personally am not a fan of fatal vore, but you have to be able to tolerate it.

To a certain extent, I can. But when it is directed against good and kind people instead of the cruel, selfish, arrogant and evil ones, the predators need to be condemned and punished. Other than that, chow down, ladies! Felarya is a "giant's" world; your own personal buffet.

On the note, I am amending the purpose of this thread. Its purpose is to solely vilify the callous, cruel, and unfeeling predators who nonchalantly and unswervingly devour good and innocent people, like Crisis.

DarkOne wrote:
EvilGenius wrote:

Exactly, furthermore bad things happen to good people all the time in fiction. it's the main princable of conflict in a narrative. 'Les Misérables' the 19th century novel was pretty much built on the concept, afterall, the book woulden't have been really be able to portray the 'French Revolution' accurately if every good characters went home to lead happy lives in the end.

As for El Portero's story, if I recall correctly that was a very morally grey story. While some of Crisis' and Elle's victims were innocent, many of them however were clearly not.

Such as...? That is quite a cynical statement.

ravaging vixens wrote:
OK...I'm really going to be the representative of warfare on this topic sense I AM AN ACTUAL MILITARY PERSONNEL THAT DEAL WITH CRAP LIKE THIS ALL THE TIME.

First off, yeah, interesting you bring that about as a question. It seems to me that in current stories humans haven't really gone on an offensive for the sake expansion and power when it comes to territory, then again, WHY SHOULD THEY? Now don't get me wrong, i'm much a human advocate when it comes to the matters of conducting warfare, but do you have any idea how hard it would be to set up bases and an actual wide government infrastructure that goes above the common "city(towns)/nation states" you find around. It would be damn hard, and you'll need a lot of numbers to handle the attrition that this beautiful but dangerous environment tackles against you. Heck I'm writing a story right now where the vishmitals have and expansionist spurt and barely manage to make something beyond a city state, due the "magical" mystery and nature that almost makes the operation failure. Basically what i'm saying is where is the motivation or purpose to try and gain certain resources ( I know there's a lot of good ones) and make a base of operation so you can stick there long enough to get it. It's not impossible Just make it sound like it's going to be hard as hell to do because it really is...

Another thing that kind of peeves me is...what war has been declared against predators? Why not use them? In fact why not just make them assets so you have a bit more ground control in your little scenario of an operation of setting up a decent town. I'm with you on this, there isn't enough lore or good and logical thought out stories that really do bring this kind of thinking to fruition. It happens it's not just emphasized mainly due to the fetish that's on here that most people comply with. (not saying that doesn't mean y'all don't make good stories now, have seen some and very much appreciate your creative bounds to give me great reading entertainment.)

So my advice to you is why not create a plausible Lore or story that emphasizes on this but is in good bounds. As for the "bounds" that's really up to karbo and the mods on here, however sense you have people the same mind set, including some mods, why not get together with them and make something out of it that puts an emphasis on the feelings you have towards this predicament of yours. Heck you can ask me and i'd be glad to help and advise you along the way.

I will actually take you up on that offer. I've decided to start creating my Felatyan cast and I need some help.

Last edited by Stabs on Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Stabs getting rid of the multiposts.)
Back to top Go down
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

PostSubject: Re: Humans Vs. Man-eaters   Humans Vs. Man-eaters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 6:58 am

Are you seriously asking me to point out all the humans in El Portero's story that were not innocent, or at the very least was responceable for their own deaths?

So authoritarian militaries planning to crush rebellions indiscriminately, labworkers that leave their teammates to die, mercs involved in kidnapping, neko pirate murderers, and people involved in revenge plots all come off as innocent and decent people to you?

El Portero's story is filled with people with this. I woulden't say the characters were outright evil, some have their reasons for being they way they are, but your strecthing it by saying they were all innocent and good people. Many were there on their own choice to begin with.

The only truely innocent people were in the first chapter, but I've already pointed out that it wasn't even set on Felarya. Not that it matters because conflicts are rarely based upon fighting for good people but for tactical reasons. The only major human army that would get into a war with Felarya will not do it for moral reasons, but because there's something in it for them, it's all about risk vs reward.

Felarya is a morally grey world, or at least that was what I think El Portero was going for. And I think that's the approch most people go for when writing Felarya.
Back to top Go down
ChristianBethel
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer
ChristianBethel

PostSubject: Re: Humans Vs. Man-eaters   Humans Vs. Man-eaters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 8:12 am

DarkOne wrote:
Are you seriously asking me to point out all the humans in El Portero's story that were not innocent, or at the very least was responceable for their own deaths?

So authoritarian militaries planning to crush rebellions indiscriminately, labworkers that leave their teammates to die, mercs involved in kidnapping, neko pirate murderers, and people involved in revenge plots all come off as innocent and decent people to you?

El Portero's story is filled with people with this. I woulden't say the characters were outright evil, some have their reasons for being they way they are, but your strecthing it by saying they were all innocent and good people. Many were there on their own choice to begin with.

The only truely innocent people were in the first chapter, but I've already pointed out that it wasn't even set on Felarya. Not that it matters because conflicts are rarely based upon fighting for good people but for tactical reasons. The only major human army that would get into a war with Felarya will not do it for moral reasons, but because there's something in it for them, it's all about risk vs reward.

Felarya is a morally grey world, or at least that was what I think El Portero was going for. And I think that's the approch most people go for when writing Felarya.

What about Anton and that female scientist? They were good people and Crisis devoured them without hesitation.
Back to top Go down
Chihiro Fujisaki
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Chihiro Fujisaki

PostSubject: Re: Humans Vs. Man-eaters   Humans Vs. Man-eaters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 8:43 am

I agree that when I am role-playing I do get quite upset when someone attacks an innocent person or something goes wrong. Whether it be a giant striking or someone of their own size. But you just have to tolerate it I suppose. It is hard for me to really have a leg to stand on cause it upsets me as well and I try to stop it. But do what I say, not what I do.

On the note of El Portero's stories. DarkOne is correct. Basically no one was innocent in those stories besides the first chapter, which was not pleasing for me to read I admit. The others....quite nice. Hehe. Oh, and Crisis. She is Crisis. She doesn't care if you're a 5 year old, 50 year old, good, bad. She doesn't care if you have a family of 6 kids back home to feed. She is going to eat you. =/
Back to top Go down
ChristianBethel
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer
ChristianBethel

PostSubject: Re: Humans Vs. Man-eaters   Humans Vs. Man-eaters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 11:18 am

shadow17 wrote:
I agree that when I am role-playing I do get quite upset when someone attacks an innocent person or something goes wrong. Whether it be a giant striking or someone of their own size. But you just have to tolerate it I suppose. It is hard for me to really have a leg to stand on cause it upsets me as well and I try to stop it. But do what I say, not what I do.

On the note of El Portero's stories. DarkOne is correct. Basically no one was innocent in those stories besides the first chapter, which was not pleasing for me to read I admit. The others....quite nice. Hehe. Oh, and Crisis. She is Crisis. She doesn't care if you're a 5 year old, 50 year old, good, bad. She doesn't care if you have a family of 6 kids back home to feed. She is going to eat you. =/

*sigh* True. I need to reread her stories, then.

As for Crisis... She must die and be sent to the 9 circles of hell. Preferably Gluttony. Or Violence. Or Fraud, since she lies to her victims that there is a chance for escape.

Last edited by Stabs on Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Stabs getting rid of the doubleposts.)
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Humans Vs. Man-eaters   Humans Vs. Man-eaters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 12:36 pm

You seem to have a lot of hate in you in general. What it looks like to me is that you're trying to change Felarya to suit you, is that accurate?
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
ChristianBethel
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer
ChristianBethel

PostSubject: Re: Humans Vs. Man-eaters   Humans Vs. Man-eaters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 7:27 am

Nyaha wrote:
You seem to have a lot of hate in you in general. What it looks like to me is that you're trying to change Felarya to suit you, is that accurate?

Far from it. It is not hate, it is indignation.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Humans Vs. Man-eaters   Humans Vs. Man-eaters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 8:21 am

And the second thing I asked you?
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
ChristianBethel
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer
ChristianBethel

PostSubject: Re: Humans Vs. Man-eaters   Humans Vs. Man-eaters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 12:45 pm

Nyaha wrote:
And the second thing I asked you?

Also untrue. Just indignation.
Back to top Go down
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

PostSubject: Re: Humans Vs. Man-eaters   Humans Vs. Man-eaters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 10:18 pm

Did I just skim through four pages of nothing but arguing?
Back to top Go down
http://helia.net63.net
Ilceren
Ilceren

PostSubject: Re: Humans Vs. Man-eaters   Humans Vs. Man-eaters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 9:08 am

You did, para. I'll try to tone things down a bit. Sorry I took so long.

ChristianBethel, first, I must inform you that this is a forum, not a chat. This isn't about how fast you answer to the messages. Therefore, please improve the way you redact your posts. Namely, post just once, and gather everything into a single post containing all of your points. Quote anything you need, but try to keep the content of the quote brief, instead of quoting a whole post. There are also solutions to address previous posts without quoting such as "About what X said..." or "Regarding the point about Y...". Please use them to avoid excessive quoting.

Second, people would really appreciate if you would improve the content of your posts. Answering with one-liners or suspension points doesn't have a place in a discussion. Please address a point and develop your points, adding proof or reasons why you say what you are saying. You should also avoid making personal opinion comments like the one that said "Crisis must die and be sent to hell.". They don't add anything to the discussion, and may annoy people.

ChristianBethel wrote:
On the note, I am amending the purpose of this thread. Its purpose is to solely vilify the callous, cruel, and unfeeling predators who nonchalantly and unswervingly devour good and innocent people, like Crisis.

Third, I have read said quote, and I consider a topic with that purpose to be negative and unnecessary. People have the evidence, and they would get their own conclusions. This isn't Negav, we don't downgrade, assault and vilify characters for the sake of it. It's okay that people talk about character flaws and how they define the character or how could they be corrected, but a thread with the purpose to "vilify" characters is intrinsically negative and without a purpose. So please find another use to this topic or it might get deleted.

Also, Nyaha, it seems to me like that question should have been asked privately, instead of in a public thread, you know.
Back to top Go down
Darkstorm Zero
Darkstorm Zero

PostSubject: Re: Humans Vs. Man-eaters   Humans Vs. Man-eaters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 10:59 am

Hmm, I suppose I could try to step in and say, "Don't try to look at Felarya and it's stories from a human point of view."

Basically put, the majority of the characters being human eaters, they do not have the same morality, ethics, empathy, or indeed basic points of view that you or I do. They are taught that living things that fit into their mouths is edible, humans fit this category, and since they don't farm their food, they must use the more primitive hunter/gatherer methodology. No different than when hungry Earth predators such as Lions, Tigers, Sharks and other large predatory animals hunt, they will obviously choose to go after what they know is their prey, and unless options are scarce, they rarely deviate from their typical diets.

Now, your response may be that "But they are killing innocent human beings! these predators are evil!" But then, let me ask you this. Is it the fact that they are humans, or that they are innocent that makes it evil? No. Natural instinct is what dictates what they do, not malicious intent. They are hungry, they hunt, and consume food to cease the hunger. No different than when I go to a butcher and buy some roast beef for dinner. Am I an evil person for consuming an innocent cow? Hows about the butcher who killed it? No, of course not.

The morality of innocence and guilt is also a concept not taken into consideration by any predator, mainly because it's irrelevant. Predators do not judge a meal by it's innocence or guilt (Except perhaps Angels and Succubi, but that's a whole different kettle of fish) rather, they judge purely by how much nutrition they can obtain by consuming them. Bodies that big tend to require much fuel to keep them functioning, and as I stated before, Felarya's predators, even the most intelligent and advanced ones don't do the farming thing, and hunting and gathering food in the wild is much less of a sure thing. Even with all their advantages of size, strength, and senses, a predator can sometimes go for days without a single scrap of food, because despite Felarya's random nature, prey can still be scarce and difficult to locate, track, hunt down, and consume. Just being huge doesn't garuntee a feed every single time you hunt.
Back to top Go down
http://darkstormzero.deviantart.com/
ChristianBethel
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer
ChristianBethel

PostSubject: Re: Humans Vs. Man-eaters   Humans Vs. Man-eaters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 11:12 am

Darkstorm Zero wrote:
Hmm, I suppose I could try to step in and say, "Don't try to look at Felarya and it's stories from a human point of view."

Basically put, the majority of the characters being human eaters, they do not have the same morality, ethics, empathy, or indeed basic points of view that you or I do. They are taught that living things that fit into their mouths is edible, humans fit this category, and since they don't farm their food, they must use the more primitive hunter/gatherer methodology. No different than when hungry Earth predators such as Lions, Tigers, Sharks and other large predatory animals hunt, they will obviously choose to go after what they know is their prey, and unless options are scarce, they rarely deviate from their typical diets.

Now, your response may be that "But they are killing innocent human beings! these predators are evil!" But then, let me ask you this. Is it the fact that they are humans, or that they are innocent that makes it evil? No. Natural instinct is what dictates what they do, not malicious intent. They are hungry, they hunt, and consume food to cease the hunger. No different than when I go to a butcher and buy some roast beef for dinner. Am I an evil person for consuming an innocent cow? Hows about the butcher who killed it? No, of course not.

The morality of innocence and guilt is also a concept not taken into consideration by any predator, mainly because it's irrelevant. Predators do not judge a meal by it's innocence or guilt (Except perhaps Angels and Succubi, but that's a whole different kettle of fish) rather, they judge purely by how much nutrition they can obtain by consuming them. Bodies that big tend to require much fuel to keep them functioning, and as I stated before, Felarya's predators, even the most intelligent and advanced ones don't do the farming thing, and hunting and gathering food in the wild is much less of a sure thing. Even with all their advantages of size, strength, and senses, a predator can sometimes go for days without a single scrap of food, because despite Felarya's random nature, prey can still be scarce and difficult to locate, track, hunt down, and consume. Just being huge doesn't garuntee a feed every single time you hunt.

Back to top Go down
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

PostSubject: Re: Humans Vs. Man-eaters   Humans Vs. Man-eaters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 11:25 am

ChristianBethel wrote:

Back to top Go down
ChristianBethel
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer
ChristianBethel

PostSubject: Re: Humans Vs. Man-eaters   Humans Vs. Man-eaters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 11:35 am

I guess you're right, Nyaha. And I can think of a perfect example: Marsha. She mentions in her story that she only eats to survive, she doesn't stuff herself, and she's "not mean about it." I suppose I can't argue with indoctrination. *sigh* When you mention this debate like this, it makes sense. I surmise that I must look at the predator's point of view as well. Humans follow the same path, as well as the top predators of this world. Obviously those predators are looked down upon as well for their man eating practices but a lion, tiger, or bear is told that eating humans is acceptable. On that note, I notice that the predators of Earth are "insentient" while the predators of Felarya are.

And what of the predators that devour humans solely for the purpose of being cruel, such as Menyssan, Arale, or Hiral? Surely their reasons for the consumption of sentient life are relatively unfounded.
Back to top Go down
Ilceren
Ilceren

PostSubject: Re: Humans Vs. Man-eaters   Humans Vs. Man-eaters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 12:22 pm

ChristianBethel wrote:
You have completely ignored my advice, didn't you? A post consisting of only suspension points adds nothing to a discussion. Please avoid them in the future, or I'll have to start deleting them.

ChristianBethel wrote:
On that note, I notice that the predators of Earth are "insentient" while the predators of Felarya are.

And what of the predators that devour humans solely for the purpose of being cruel, such as Menyssan, Arale, or Hiral? Surely their reasons for the consumption of sentient life are relatively unfounded.
Not really. We humans are also predators, and we are sentient, and sapient. Do you feel sad for the cow that has been killed so you could have that steak on your plate? Do you feel pity for the pork that had been killed by letting him bleed out to death so we could prepare a lot of things out of his meat? You don't. Mainly because you don't see how they are killed, nor wish to think about it. Likewise, predators just see people, plop them in their mouths and swallow them. They don't know how do they die in their stomachs, nor they wish to.

As for those three predators you mention, only one of them goes over the top with her meals, and that one is Menyssan. The other two just feed when they are hungry, even though they can be cruel with their food in the process. Everyone behaves differently at the table, so it's not really surprising that predators act differently when hunting too. Not everyone can be a role model where eating is concerned.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Humans Vs. Man-eaters   Humans Vs. Man-eaters - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Humans Vs. Man-eaters
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next