Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Negav everyday life

Go down 
+10
jedi-explorer
DarkOne
Stabs
parameciumkid
Nyaha
Archmage_Bael
Grave
Shady Knight
Chihiro Fujisaki
Karbo
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

Negav - Negav everyday life Empty
PostSubject: Negav everyday life   Negav - Negav everyday life Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 1:42 am

I want to draw more pictures of everyday life in Negav in order to show the city, its loud taverns, its busy streets, its luxurious gardens etc... I think it can be a great way to develop it and show what it would looks like living there Smile

First an Isolon fist troop inspection. The picture is still very much in WIP stage so please don't hesitate if you have any remark, critique or suggestion  Wink 

Negav - Negav everyday life IsoloninspectionWIP4
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Chihiro Fujisaki
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Chihiro Fujisaki

PostSubject: Re: Negav everyday life   Negav - Negav everyday life Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 8:45 am

Very powerful group of humans......and the token neko you fit in on the left haha!!
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Negav everyday life   Negav - Negav everyday life Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 10:51 am

Could this charming fellow with the dark circles around his eyes be Commander Kamlon? Also, I don't think that elf is gonna pass inspection, she's leaving too many vulnerable gaps in her defenses.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Grave
Marauder of the deep jungle
Grave

PostSubject: Re: Negav everyday life   Negav - Negav everyday life Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 11:09 am

Awwwww no neeras or tinies shown in the isolon fist. ....

Or maybe they are just way below the cut off at the bottom eyeing that neko appropriately! Tilt the camera down! Down!
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Negav everyday life   Negav - Negav everyday life Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 11:18 am

So these are just foot troops? Not Mages, then...

Honestly I'm not sure what to say about it. Maybe the wall can have a little more design to it, like a bunker box or two at the top, giving the impression the barracks/base is well fortified.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Negav everyday life   Negav - Negav everyday life Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 1:28 pm

Are they high up somewhere? Or is the 'camera' just facing towards the walls? I ask because the skyline doesn't seem to be as high as I would've thought. :3
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

PostSubject: Re: Negav everyday life   Negav - Negav everyday life Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 1:39 pm

There are neeras and tinies, they're just below the bottom edge of the frame. Because they're short. ;P
Back to top Go down
http://helia.net63.net
Stabs
Stabs

PostSubject: Re: Negav everyday life   Negav - Negav everyday life Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 2:29 pm

That guy looks like the drill sarge from Shingeki no Kyojin. :B
Back to top Go down
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

PostSubject: Re: Negav everyday life   Negav - Negav everyday life Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 3:02 pm

Stabs wrote:

That's what I was thinking
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Negav everyday life   Negav - Negav everyday life Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 3:27 pm

Every fictional military needs a Gunnery Sergeant Hartman, even though Full Metal Jacket showed us what would really happen if drill sergeants are needlessly abusive to their recruits.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Negav everyday life   Negav - Negav everyday life Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 12:46 am

Thank you for your remarks Smile
And indeed the skyline is quite low, I'm definitely going to be adding more buildings in the distance as well as more elements to the base walls.

Stabs wrote:
There is a bit of that yes XD   I'd say he is a mix between him and Gunnery Sergeant Hartman indeed. I was rethinking about his famous speech when I was drawing  Laughing
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Negav everyday life   Negav - Negav everyday life Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 5:03 am

"I am Gunnery Sergeant Hartman, your senior drill instructor. From now on, the first and last thing to come out of your filthy sewers will be 'Sir'! Do you maggots understand that? If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training, you will be a weapon. You will be a minister of death praying for war! But until that day, you are pukes! You're the lowest form of life on Earth. You're not even human fucking beings! You're nothing but unorganized grabbastic pieces of amphibian shit! Because I am hard you will not like me, but the more you hate me, the more you will learn. I am hard but I am fair, there's no racial bigotry here. I do not look down on niggers, kikes, wops or greasers. Here, you are all equally worthless, and my orders are to weed out any non-hackers who do not pack the gear to serve in my beloved corp. Do you maggots understand that?" That speech?
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Negav everyday life   Negav - Negav everyday life Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 7:03 am

Shady Knight wrote:
"I am Gunnery Sergeant Hartman, your senior drill instructor.  From now on, the first and last thing to come out of your filthy sewers will be 'Sir'!  Do you maggots understand that?  If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training, you will be a weapon.  You will be a minister of death praying for war!  But until that day, you are pukes!  You're the lowest form of life on Earth.  You're not even human fucking beings!  You're nothing but unorganized grabbastic pieces of amphibian shit!  Because I am hard you will not like me, but the more you hate me, the more you will learn.  I am hard but I am fair, there's no racial bigotry here.  I do not look down on niggers, kikes, wops or greasers.  Here, you are all equally worthless, and my orders are to weed out any non-hackers who do not pack the gear to serve in my beloved corp.  Do you maggots understand that?"  That speech?

And this is why I will never join any military. X.x
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Negav everyday life   Negav - Negav everyday life Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 7:22 am

The cliché of the nasty drill sergeant like Hartman doesn't happen in real life.  In real militaries, the drill sergeants are stern, yeah, but it's only because they have high expectations of their recruits.  They will punish recruits who act out of line, yeah, but they don't insult them, or go out of their way to physically or emotionally abuse them.  Part of the training is to instill discipline in the recruits, and if the instructors were as violent and wrathful as Hartman, they would set a terrible example, and that defeats the purpose of a disciplined, well-organized unit.  In fact, as I said before, Full Metal Jacket, the movie that more or less inspired the nasty drill sergeant stereotype, showcased what could potentially happen if drill instructors where allowed to openly abuse the recruits like Hartman did.

Spoiler:

This has been another pointless information moment with Shady-Knight, because I can't keep my mouth shut.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Negav everyday life   Negav - Negav everyday life Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 8:22 am

Shady Knight wrote:
The cliché of the nasty drill sergeant like Hartman doesn't happen in real life.  In real militaries, the drill sergeants are stern, yeah, but it's only because they have high expectations of their recruits.  They will punish recruits who act out of line, yeah, but they don't insult them, or go out of their way to physically or emotionally abuse them.  Part of the training is to instill discipline in the recruits, and if the instructors were as violent and wrathful as Hartman, they would set a terrible example, and that defeats the purpose of a disciplined, well-organized unit.  In fact, as I said before, Full Metal Jacket, the movie that more or less inspired the nasty drill sergeant stereotype, showcased what could potentially happen if drill instructors where allowed to openly abuse the recruits like Hartman did.

Spoiler:

This has been another pointless information moment with Shady-Knight, because I can't keep my mouth shut.

Actually I quite appreciate the clarification. O.o Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Negav everyday life   Negav - Negav everyday life Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 8:35 am

It's common sense, really. You want your recruits to grow up into good soldiers, and if you break them, either physically or psychologically, then they're not gonna do a very good job winning that war, are they?
Back to top Go down
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

PostSubject: Re: Negav everyday life   Negav - Negav everyday life Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 9:25 am

Shady Knight wrote:
It's common sense, really.  You want your recruits to grow up into good soldiers, and if you break them, either physically or psychologically, then they're not gonna do a very good job winning that war, are they?

Yeah the only thing that would realisticly happen if you abuse troops is either they won't even make it to the battlefeild (because they broke down) or they end up as remorseless killers, which might sound ideal until you remember that a soilder has to work with other soilders and sometimes civilians.

A whole unit of psychopaths are more likely to turn on each other when push comes to shove, defeats the whole point of a decliplined unit.

Really the best way to discipline troops is with pointless and humiliating tasks, not harrassment.
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Negav everyday life   Negav - Negav everyday life Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 9:53 pm

At last a pic of Isolon Fist Soldiers and even a white cloak mage, thought I think some grey cloaks wouldn't have been a bad touch myself, but still lovely to see them in action! The High Commander *Said in Vader accent* giving his troops a rousing speech. Ah it brings tears to my eyes...Since I've had to sit through acts like this when RPing a Military Sci-Fi RP. ^^; Seriously good work with the picuture, Karbo! Can't wait to see what it turns out like.

Shady Knight wrote:
You want your recruits to grow up into good soldiers, and if you break them, either physically or psychologically, then they're not gonna do a very good job winning that war, are they?

Well if you try to make them into psychos it might just make them 10 times more dangerous is the way they figure I'd suppose. Honestly though you'd have to psycho to willingly join something like the Isolon Fist.

Oh and I can't see how said this when I'm quoting but Tinies in the Isolon Fist? That'd be suicide!! XD Poor little things. Though I must admit the idea of one wanting to join the Isolon Fist would be amusing....Till his Neko C.O. invited him for dinner and drinks to celebrate XD
Back to top Go down
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

PostSubject: Re: Negav everyday life   Negav - Negav everyday life Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 6:39 am

jedi-explorer wrote:

Well if you try to make them into psychos it might just make them 10 times more dangerous is the way they figure I'd suppose. Honestly though you'd have to psycho to willingly join something like the Isolon Fist.

I would have thought most people would join the Isolon Fist for things like protecting the towns people, the glory, the honor, the respect, and their patriotism and loyalty to the Magiocrats.

The sort of things that a genuine pyscopath would have little care for. Sure, some of them might join just for the joy of battle, but that kind of bloodthirsty behavior could make them unreliable...

"Captain, I told you to just scare off the Naga...Your wreckless behavior have cost us twelve men and now we have a hundred foot Naga corpse in the middle of the road that we will have to move."

"But scaring it off woulden't have been as fun."
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Negav everyday life   Negav - Negav everyday life Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 12:51 am

Here is how it looks so far. I think it's almost done, what do you think ? ^^

Negav - Negav everyday life IsoloninspectionWIP4copy
Back to top Go down
Mr. I
Mr. I

PostSubject: Re: Negav everyday life   Negav - Negav everyday life Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 2:30 am

I think it's a good improvement. It no longer gives the impression of being high up, as Nyaha said. And the wall looks much more like a wall. The faces of the people and clothes also seem to be touched up a bit.
Back to top Go down
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

PostSubject: Re: Negav everyday life   Negav - Negav everyday life Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 6:41 am

really liking the toning so far, the details of their uniform really jumps out. And the lined up soilders look much more individualized in the face now.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Negav everyday life   Negav - Negav everyday life Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 6:44 am

I love how every soldiers except the elf, who I still wouldn't let pass inspection if it were me, have the same face.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Negav everyday life   Negav - Negav everyday life Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 9:34 am

Who is the screaming guy looking at, exactly? O.o Shouldn't his attention be on the people he's inspecting, not us? :p
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Negav everyday life   Negav - Negav everyday life Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 10:22 am

Nyaha wrote:
Who is the screaming guy looking at, exactly? O.o Shouldn't his attention be on the people he's inspecting, not us? :p
I guess there are soldiers both to his left and right. So we are the other soldiers Laughing 

The elf is a battlemage so I suppose she has some magical forcefield to protect her but I fell sorry for the neko soldier because his ears are not protected by his helmet.
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Negav everyday life   Negav - Negav everyday life Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Negav everyday life
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next