Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Heaven and Hell

Go down 
+5
S-Guy
Vaderaz
Derilyct
gwadahunter2222
melancholy-melody13
9 posters
AuthorMessage
melancholy-melody13
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
melancholy-melody13

Heaven and Hell Empty
PostSubject: Heaven and Hell   Heaven and Hell Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 7:45 pm

((first off my apologys Karbo ^^;; kinda going against what you said about no new zones, but this isn't really a new zone, it's been mentioned before, I just put alot more detail into it. I think I made it so that it's not very relgious ((or at all really) meaning it won't make anyone here feel werid about it ((religion is a touchy topic))

Hope you all like it! I worked hard typing this up.

Hell

Inhabitants: Demons (various kinds) and the damned

subzones ((Unknown))

Hell, an all catch term for the place where most dead souls go. There is more to Hell then what is said though. Hell it's self is on a separate plane of existence then anywhere else, the only way to get to it are to die and go there as nothing more then your spirt/soul. or Teleport there somehow.
Hell is one giant world basically, split up into different "Planets" you could call them, different hells for different worlds and such, which is why there could be many kingdoms/queendoms from hell, which gets confusing to people who teleport into the wrong place in hell. Each world has it's own hell, many are similar, but each are unique. It is not prohibited for someone in say Felarya Hell to visit another "Hell" Though some Hells go at war with each other, The Guardian of the entire place, whom name is not spoken of will put a quick stop to this, meaning fights between different Hells are rare if they happen, not many traces are left of the beings who started the fighting in the first place.
With Different Hells of course come different customs, inhabitants etc. None of these are Drastically different. But say in one Hell it is common to wear clothing, in another it's almost unheard of. In one it's inhabitants are mostly of the same species, in another it's TONS of different kinds of demons.

Different Climates and landscapes in hell

Unlike what most people think Hell(s) isn't all fire and brimstone. Some places are mild weathered, some places are below freezing at all times, some are always in night, some are always in day ((contrary to what people think often not all demons are distraught by light))

Punishments:

Souls go to hell for a reason, punishment for there sins. Though there are oblivious things that'll get you into hell, some sins are less oblivious then others and don't always follow the rules people have given themselves as "Sins" Lust, or maybe Greed might not always be a sin, even Killing may not be a sin, but a little over 60% of all souls go to Hell, to await punishment in the form of, being devoured, being tortured, being a slave, etc. It varies Hell to Hell though a lot of people from hell use the ((sinful) souls as food, which is probably their primary purpose.

Heaven

Inhabitants ((various angels, and other spirits))

Subzones ((unknown))

The opposite to Hell, is Heaven, As with Hell, Heaven exists on a totally different plane of existence from any other place, you can only get there by dying or by being taken there via teleportation of some sort. Only about 20-25% of souls go to a Heaven. Meaning there is a 10% of the population of worlds that simply wanders around awhile as spirts, eventually some of them go to Heaven or Hell by choice.

There are many different Heaven's as with Hells, though they are more closely knit then Hell(s) Many angels and other inhabitants often cross over to the other worlds in there own realms. The spirits that go here are welcomed happily by it's inhabitants and instantly feel like they're home. Though hidden dangers still lurk in Heaven, Other creatures who learn to teleport ((mostly demons who waged war on hell before in the past)) rampage upon parts of heaven, devouring or murdering the souls of it's inhabitants. Another danger lurks where no one would expect it! Angels, some Angels ((often those from the Felarya area of heaven)) are known to often be vorephiles, and take part in eating the damned, which sometime in flukes get sent up to heaven, This is allowed, however if that said angel were to eat an innocent soul it would be cast out of heaven. Sometimes Angels who did this have been able to get back in after a certain time of banishment and are forgiven. Some however simply go to other places where they can more easily take part in that of which they love to do.

Heaven, just as Hell has many climates, not just all sunny and flowery, there are winter tundra's, lush forests, beautiful meadows, peaceful oceans, or even eternally dark heavens where only the moons give off light. All these places unlike hell are less harsh to arriving souls and sprites.
Back to top Go down
http://melancholy-melody.deviantart.com/
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

Heaven and Hell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heaven and Hell   Heaven and Hell Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 8:35 pm

It may be a good idea, I remember what Malahite said one time Depending on the beliefs and the religion people when they will die will go to the heaven or the hell of their religion Sad
There is no absolute hell or heaven in clear the place where live Menyssan it's just a version of hell among another.
And I don't like too much this idea it will make the world too much centered about a concept of good and evil.

I prefer to think Menyssan live in a dimension where people consider as hell nothing more.

Felarya is a crossroad many dimensions so I think give one vison of hell or heaven is not a good idea.
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
melancholy-melody13
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
melancholy-melody13

Heaven and Hell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heaven and Hell   Heaven and Hell Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 8:52 pm

gwadahunter2222 wrote:
It may be a good idea, I remember what Malahite said one time Depending on the beliefs and the religion people when they will die will go to the heaven or the hell of their religion Sad
There is no absolute hell or heaven in clear the place where live Menyssan it's just a version of hell among another.
And I don't like too much this idea it will make the world too much centered about a concept of good and evil.

I prefer to think Menyssan live in a dimension where people consider as hell nothing more.

Felarya is a crossroad many dimensions so I think give one vison of hell or heaven is not a good idea.

I didn't mention anything about good or evil though, just that doing certain things, body and soul wise affect wher exactly you go in the after life. Not saying this is true of course, just my idea for an explanation of Heaven and Hell for Felarya.
And I never said there was just ONE heaven or hell for Felarya, and if I did, it's a typo. I'm sure there could be many others, it's a complicated thing, but all of them are connected in someway, just like Felarya is connected to many dimenstions
Back to top Go down
Derilyct
Helpless prey
Derilyct

Heaven and Hell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heaven and Hell   Heaven and Hell Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 9:57 pm

Nice try, cleric. But you won't be getting any donations from me! Lawful Evil all the way!
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

Heaven and Hell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heaven and Hell   Heaven and Hell Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 6:48 am

Moonlight-pendent wrote:

I didn't mention anything about good or evil though, just that doing certain things, body and soul wise affect wher exactly you go in the after life. Not saying this is true of course, just my idea for an explanation of Heaven and Hell for Felarya.
And I never said there was just ONE heaven or hell for Felarya, and if I did, it's a typo. I'm sure there could be many others, it's a complicated thing, but all of them are connected in someway, just like Felarya is connected to many dimenstions

The problem if you want to define what is hell and heaven you shoud define what is goodand evil but in Felarya they don't exist as the human think, Crisis can be considered as the ultimate evil for many human or a good person for other. Or like in the Chordoni waterfall people come from nowhere thinking they are in heaven before to be eaten by Vivian Laughing

The angels and the demons come from another dimensions some people which looking as their vision of hell or heaven

There is a possibility the soul just reincarnation too Very Happy
By example it can exist people when they die rebirth as a naga.

The after-life doesn't only sum to go in hell or in heaven because you did good or bad thing in your life, it's more complicated

If you want to developp the world where live Menyssan, consider it as a dimension who has a strong connection with Felarya due the damned soul are treated and people believe it's hell but not necessairy to be the hell where your soul go if you were a bad people in your life.
Back to top Go down
melancholy-melody13
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
melancholy-melody13

Heaven and Hell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heaven and Hell   Heaven and Hell Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 11:26 am

gwadahunter2222 wrote:
Moonlight-pendent wrote:

The problem if you want to define what is hell and heaven you shoud define what is goodand evil but in Felarya they don't exist as the human think, Crisis can be considered as the ultimate evil for many human or a good person for other. Or like in the Chordoni waterfall people come from nowhere thinking they are in heaven before to be eaten by Vivian Laughing

The angels and the demons come from another dimensions some people which looking as their vision of hell or heaven

There is a possibility the soul just reincarnation too Very Happy
By example it can exist people when they die rebirth as a naga.

The after-life doesn't only sum to go in hell or in heaven because you did good or bad thing in your life, it's more complicated

If you want to developp the world where live Menyssan, consider it as a dimension who has a strong connection with Felarya due the damned soul are treated and people believe it's hell but not necessairy to be the hell where your soul go if you were a bad people in your life.

You kinda repeated alot of what I said... I know it's very complicated, and I didn't say anything was FOR SURE. I said that there are many different hells or heavens, depending on where you're own world is.

Of course there are different goods, evils, sins etc But I don't think it would be possible to exactly define those. And doing so would just be, can't think of a word but I just wouldn't wanna
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

Heaven and Hell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heaven and Hell   Heaven and Hell Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 12:02 pm

Moonlight-pendent wrote:

You kinda repeated alot of what I said... I know it's very complicated, and I didn't say anything was FOR SURE. I said that there are many different hells or heavens, depending on where you're own world is.

Of course there are different goods, evils, sins etc But I don't think it would be possible to exactly define those. And doing so would just be, can't think of a word but I just wouldn't wanna

So you want to think about the world where Menyssan and Arale live Question

Ok it can be interesting but don't forget you can be devil overlord and rule in the 9 th circle in hell with all the stuff and be defeated by a simple mortal why because in your world you are the most powerfull but in the world of the mortal you are nothing. And in a vast world like Felarya it's more true because it can be some creatures more powerfull and older who prefer to remain discret and they are not necessary a guardian. In clear depending on the situation a demon, and angel or a god can be a predators among another or just a simple prey Laughing

Their angelic, demonic, status is just a title nothing more, but it doesn't make them more important than the others creatures.

If you want to define them you can say they are creatures coming from another world like it's the case of the many creature in Felarya. They can be powerfull but not invincible Very Happy

In general the angels, the demons have an infinities of origins, they were humans before, or it's just an alien life form etc...
Back to top Go down
Vaderaz
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Vaderaz

Heaven and Hell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heaven and Hell   Heaven and Hell Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 12:08 pm

jeje, so in the end, even dead , you stay in danger Laughing there is no "rest in peace" in Felarya ? XD

Last edited by Atlas on Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://vaderaz.deviantart.com/
S-Guy
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
S-Guy

Heaven and Hell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heaven and Hell   Heaven and Hell Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 12:08 pm

Just reading all of this is making my brain hurt. X_X
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

Heaven and Hell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heaven and Hell   Heaven and Hell Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 3:37 pm

Nice, makes a lot of sense, and is somewhat of a compromise to every religions.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Mickilla
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Mickilla

Heaven and Hell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heaven and Hell   Heaven and Hell Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 12:34 am

Its already been mentioned that at some point the Tenebris wars took place between the inhabitants of Heaven and Hell, and likewise there has been a ceasefire. One can't help but think that since the two know of eachothers' existence, even went to war, they have means to either invade one another directly, or rub elbows in other dimensions, whether they be Felarya, Earth, or the other infinite number of worlds as we know them. Some explanation of this mechanic would be in my eyes both very useful and interesting. I can only guess how it may have happened, that the 'battles' may have been over which side controls which worlds, even universes, or beyond that, even when the ceasefire was put into effect who's to say that they still aren't covertly trying to influence the populaces to gain favor to one side or the other, (a good as any explanation why we get both an angel and devil on our shoulders when confronting our conscience) to continue the rivalry without lifting a finger themselves.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

Heaven and Hell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heaven and Hell   Heaven and Hell Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 10:20 am

Indeed this is an interesting take on it ^_^
But for now I prefer heaven and hell to not be very developped.. I feel it's better to keep a feel of mystery by having them remaining vague Smile
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Zoekin
Grand-pop
Grand-pop
Zoekin

Heaven and Hell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heaven and Hell   Heaven and Hell Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 11:29 am

Smile

I have to agree strongly with Karbo on this.
I really feel that the mystery of Hell and Heaven add to their appeal.
That said-I love your description Moony. Well done.
Markie was impressed.
Back to top Go down
http://tanyastoviaka.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

Heaven and Hell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heaven and Hell   Heaven and Hell Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Heaven and Hell
Page 1 of 1