Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Magical Energies

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Magical Energies Empty
PostSubject: Magical Energies   Magical Energies Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 9:44 am

I was lying in bed this morning and something just popped into my brain about felarya's magical energies.
I have noticed some people prefer not to think about whether or not felarya uses "mana" as a magical energy source since that term has been used in 99% of all fantasy games, movies, shows out there.
So I'm just typing some things that my brain instantly thought of as a way to get it all down before I forget, and the fact that this way doesn't use mana in it. This is my hopes for creating a new system of energy usage unique to felarya so we dont have to use the term "mana"

First off, theres the deal that Felarya is more of a dimensional plane than a planet, and thus would have some sort of dark matter/dimensional matter of some kind that helps keep it open to every other fantasy world out there.

Also there is the issue of the Ley Lines, some sort of energy that mages of various kinds can use to draw upon to summon their spells.

I thought that maybe the dimensional energy got absorbed by the ley lines, giving them a unique kind of energy. This would be because the ley lines are important to the natural state of felarya, and maybe they absorb different kinds of energies to make the lines stronger and more magically rich.

Also, combined with the natural state of the felaryan soil, and the ley lines, the atmosphere would be magically rich. Instead of organisms being filled with this energy, they absorb it with every spell they use, since the spell originates from somewhere on their body/staff. For example: A mage that uses a water-based spell would have some of the magical energy flow from the atmosphere, into the spell, and through their body. Also this energy would probably enhance the taste of said mage, and make them tastier for any of the predators out there.

so thats pretty much what I thought of while lying in bed for a minute or so. The rest is theories, like the misty glade, I would think that the mist passes over a large ley line, and the "energy" gets absorbed into the mist, which could actually be a concentrated feild of energy (i might have to re-read the misty glade here, cus i might be missing something) but this would also explain why the mist fairies are satisfied (hunger wise at least) when in the misty glade.

I'm sure there are some loopholes, and I haven't come up with a name for this energy source yet, but I'd like to know what you all think. If you criticize me without giving advice I'll totally ignore your comment. Just a heads up.
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

Magical Energies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magical Energies   Magical Energies Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 10:35 am

Right now it just sounds like a way to encourage mages to be eaten by Predators. Everything else is, while interesting, not quite unique (people funneling magic through themselves is done in several Fantasy realms, some of which have that the sole basis of magical power). Maybe when some more is explained / gone over, I'll get what you're saying / talking about better?
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Magical Energies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magical Energies   Magical Energies Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 10:41 am

well the funneling through mages is not the way they use it. they would interact with the magical atmosphere around them, as they use more magic it would saturate their bodies. im not too sure where to go with this though. as i said, i kinda woke up with the "lightbulb" if you know what i mean.
Back to top Go down
Stabs
Stabs

Magical Energies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magical Energies   Magical Energies Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 10:51 am

Hate being a naysayer, but you shouldn't try to add consequences to the way magic works. Everyone has their own idea, everyone's right, and if they compare notes they won't match ever, and that's specially true here.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Magical Energies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magical Energies   Magical Energies Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 11:00 am

well there's gonna be a way to use magic here, thats for sure.

but its not neccessarily the magic energy thats always different, so much as the style of magic one uses. there's a difference there. this "energy" would adapt to the kind of magic any mage uses.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Magical Energies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magical Energies   Magical Energies Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Magical Energies
Page 1 of 1