Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Negav's Magical Toy Store

Go down 
+10
Karbo
Jasconius
Sehoolighan
walkingbyself
Jætte_Troll
TheLightLost
Archmage_Bael
EdgedWeapon
Anime-Junkie
Nyaha
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Do you think Felarya is a place for silly things like this?
It's never good for everything to be serious all the time.
Negav's Magical Toy Store Vote_lcap62%Negav's Magical Toy Store Vote_rcap
 62% [ 13 ]
Yes, but we should try to keep it as realistic as possible.
Negav's Magical Toy Store Vote_lcap19%Negav's Magical Toy Store Vote_rcap
 19% [ 4 ]
I guess, once in a while.
Negav's Magical Toy Store Vote_lcap14%Negav's Magical Toy Store Vote_rcap
 14% [ 3 ]
Fine, but I won't like it.
Negav's Magical Toy Store Vote_lcap5%Negav's Magical Toy Store Vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
No, if it doesn't make sense, it has no place in this community.
Negav's Magical Toy Store Vote_lcap0%Negav's Magical Toy Store Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 21

AuthorMessage
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

Negav's Magical Toy Store Empty
PostSubject: Negav's Magical Toy Store   Negav's Magical Toy Store Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 1:15 pm

I think Felarya would be an awesome place for a magical toy store, especially 'cuz there, it's completely fathomable. I'm guessing Negav would have a good market for toys, I mean, there ARE children liveing there, right, as one of the safest, albeit not the best, places in Felarya to live. I think something like a 170-year-old owner with a good heart would run the place, and give toys to the poor and deserving children of Negav's streets. But I'd like to discuss what else we could do with this with everyone else who's interested. Where exactly in Negav would this toy store probably be found? Would there need to be some kind of defense for it so it doesn't get trashed or robbed?

Also, I'd like to say that anyone willing to post what they think of my idea is free to make any comment they like. ^.^ I promise, I will not take it the wrong way. Y'know, unless you meant to be negative and I take it positive. I can't promise that won't happen. ^^;

Last edited by Nyaha on Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Negav's Magical Toy Store   Negav's Magical Toy Store Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 5:11 pm

Guards: Hordes of angry mothers.

There wouldn't be just one though. That's like saying that Negav would only have one tavern, one Inn and one market. It's a huge city, there's going to be lots.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
EdgedWeapon
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
EdgedWeapon

PostSubject: Re: Negav's Magical Toy Store   Negav's Magical Toy Store Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 12:13 pm

What if it was magically hidden so only children could find it, or something? Like, you turn around and what was a blank wall i suddenly a toy store? And it had no fixed location?

Also, as for guards, why not have the toys themselves come alive? Or better yet, theives are magically turned into dolls by the store, and then sold to other customers?
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Negav's Magical Toy Store   Negav's Magical Toy Store Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 1:17 pm

EdgedWeapon wrote:
What if it was magically hidden so only children could find it, or something? Like, you turn around and what was a blank wall i suddenly a toy store? And it had no fixed location?

Also, as for guards, why not have the toys themselves come alive? Or better yet, theives are magically turned into dolls by the store, and then sold to other customers?
Ooh, I like those ideas! Only children being able to find it sounds way awesome. How about, only the young at heart can find it? That way it explains how the owner knows where it is, too?
I'd actually been thinking of something like the toys coming alive to protect the store, and also it's elderly yet child-hearted owner, myself, so it seems like that's a good idea, too.

Anime-Junkie wrote:
There wouldn't be just one though. That's like saying that Negav would only have one tavern, one Inn and one market. It's a huge city, there's going to be lots.
That's a good point! The man could own a chain of stores, each one manned by an extremely lifelike toy version of the elderly owner! ^.^ And why the middle tier? Can you give a reason for it?
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Negav's Magical Toy Store   Negav's Magical Toy Store Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 3:53 pm

I thought the middle tier because middle class families tend to have more kids than upper class, but unlike the lower class they actually have spare money to spend on toys.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Negav's Magical Toy Store   Negav's Magical Toy Store Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 4:07 pm

Anime-Junkie wrote:
I thought the middle tier because middle class families tend to have more kids than upper class, but unlike the lower class they actually have spare money to spend on toys.
Very valid point, although I do think this store would have more of a "who deserves it more?" demographic outlook. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Negav's Magical Toy Store   Negav's Magical Toy Store Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 7:33 pm

I think it's a very good and realistic idea. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy.
Back to top Go down
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

PostSubject: Re: Negav's Magical Toy Store   Negav's Magical Toy Store Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 8:53 pm

It's my understanding that there aren't many elves in Negav, if so that's too bad because I know of some that are exceptional toy makers.
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: Negav's Magical Toy Store   Negav's Magical Toy Store Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 12:13 am

gt500x wrote:
It's my understanding that there aren't many elves in Negav, if so that's too bad because I know of some that are exceptional toy makers.

There's a decent elf population in Negav. I'd guess their the most noticeable minority besides nekos. They have a whole district full of 'em.
Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
walkingbyself
Great warrior
Great warrior
walkingbyself

PostSubject: Re: Negav's Magical Toy Store   Negav's Magical Toy Store Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 11:03 am

A little bit of good humor never hurt anyone and as I am constantly told "Its for the good of the children!" Neutral

So go with your gut and may the kids of Negav be grateful they get such an awesome person to give out toys while the world is still giving them things rather then taking them away. When they are older.
Back to top Go down
http://walkingbyself.deviantart.com/
EdgedWeapon
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
EdgedWeapon

PostSubject: Re: Negav's Magical Toy Store   Negav's Magical Toy Store Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 11:22 am

New idea. What if there was no "owner" and the store just ran itself? People might be tempted into thinking of robbing a shopkeep-less shop, and then get turned into a toy?
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Negav's Magical Toy Store   Negav's Magical Toy Store Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 12:06 pm

gt500x wrote:
Nya, maybe we can work that in. Then again, that'd be too Santa-ish, and we want this to be more original than that. Maybe we can have one elf work there, I mean, even Negav must have a varied population of races, so it's not like there wouldn't be more employees, especially if there was more than one store.
EdgedWeapon wrote:
New idea. What if there was no "owner" and the store just ran itself? People might be tempted into thinking of robbing a shopkeep-less shop, and then get turned into a toy?
Hm...That could work. Although, I think it might ruin the image of the shop, seeming more creepy than wonderous. It might scare the kids. ^^;
Back to top Go down
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

PostSubject: Re: Negav's Magical Toy Store   Negav's Magical Toy Store Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 12:58 pm

There's nothing Santa-ish about these elves.... but I can understand why that perception may be so prevalent. I'm still developing their culture so I'll try to do something about that while I'm at it.

Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Negav's Magical Toy Store   Negav's Magical Toy Store Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 5:59 pm

Nya, new idea! ^.^ Let's all think of different kinds of toys that the store would sell. Toy soldiers are a must, and childrens books, too.
Back to top Go down
Sehoolighan
Survivor
Survivor
Sehoolighan

PostSubject: Re: Negav's Magical Toy Store   Negav's Magical Toy Store Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 9:44 am

And don't forget de stuffed teddy bears- No wait... stuffed kensha beasts.
Back to top Go down
http://sehoolighan.deviantart.com/
Jasconius
Survivor
Survivor
Jasconius

PostSubject: Re: Negav's Magical Toy Store   Negav's Magical Toy Store Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 11:26 am

Stuffed Sea Apes
Trumpet (or other musical instrument) shaped like a Bugle Lizard
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Negav's Magical Toy Store   Negav's Magical Toy Store Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 1:23 pm

Sehoolighan wrote:
And don't forget de stuffed teddy bears- No wait... stuffed kensha beasts.

That would be cute :3
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Slimetoad
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Slimetoad

PostSubject: Re: Negav's Magical Toy Store   Negav's Magical Toy Store Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 5:10 pm

I'm suddenly imagining plushie versions of known tauric predators being sold, just like we sell toys in the shape of deadly animals in the real world

Come and see the Crisis plushie with recorded laughing! Get your Vivian before they sell out because it always does!
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Negav's Magical Toy Store   Negav's Magical Toy Store Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 5:23 pm

Slimetoad wrote:
Get your Vivian before they sell out because it always does!
I certainly hope that's not in the kids section.
Back to top Go down
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

PostSubject: Re: Negav's Magical Toy Store   Negav's Magical Toy Store Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 5:29 pm

haha! i love this idea nyaha Wink

your place should sell fake neko tails, which can be a new tendency among negavian people. nekos are so superior they want to look like them ;P of course, the ears come with the tail Smile
Back to top Go down
http://krisexy26.deviantart.com/
Sehoolighan
Survivor
Survivor
Sehoolighan

PostSubject: Re: Negav's Magical Toy Store   Negav's Magical Toy Store Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 5:37 pm

WAIT, I just remembered something from one of my stories: Meanie Babies, the huggable cubs from de Underworld.
Back to top Go down
http://sehoolighan.deviantart.com/
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Negav's Magical Toy Store   Negav's Magical Toy Store Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 12:03 pm

Slimetoad wrote:
I'm suddenly imagining plushie versions of known tauric predators being sold, just like we sell toys in the shape of deadly animals in the real world

Come and see the Crisis plushie with recorded laughing! Get your Vivian before they sell out because it always does!
Hmm, adult toys, huh? Now there's a new idea.... ;3

Krisexy26 wrote:
haha! i love this idea nyaha Wink

your place should sell fake neko tails, which can be a new tendency among negavian people. nekos are so superior they want to look like them ;P of course, the ears come with the tail Smile
Ooh, yeah, and you can wear them and control them like they're real 'cuz they're magic, huh? ^.^ Ooh, I've always wanted something like that IRL~ <3
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Negav's Magical Toy Store   Negav's Magical Toy Store Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 1:47 pm

Slimetoad wrote:

Yeah, I can imagine exactly what kinds of toys THOSE would be. Especially the Vivian ones - I don't think I need to say anymore.

Though little nagas and dridder plushes might be cute to sell to kids overall. Basic history that kids know and all, they would probably get together and "play war" with the Naga and Dridder fueds.

Also, practical jokes, and spells that could be bought on the cheap for just playing around, and designed so that even if they mess up it still does something cool - like turn your hair purple. X3
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: Negav's Magical Toy Store   Negav's Magical Toy Store Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 2:03 pm

I think that selling fake neko tails and ears would be rather offensive to actual nekos....

Not to say people wouldn't do it anyways.
Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Negav's Magical Toy Store   Negav's Magical Toy Store Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 2:38 pm

What about bouncing balls with some kind of spell on it?
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Negav's Magical Toy Store   Negav's Magical Toy Store Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Negav's Magical Toy Store
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next