Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas

Go down 
+29
Gamma
jedi-explorer
Grave
DarkOne
Sigurd
Darth_Nergal
asaenvolk
Stabs
Ilceren
Gabriel115
Nyaha
parameciumkid
keroko
FalconJudge
TheArchvile
Sehoolighan
Black Aquila
Anime-Junkie
Jætte_Troll
MrNobody13
Oldman40k2003
Slimetoad
Jasconius
Pendragon
Feadraug
Warrior3000
Karbo
Shady Knight
Archmage_Bael
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 7:50 am

I made their entry with some tweaks, like making them able to merge with one another which would make sense since many of the saplings would grow close to the mother tree I think. Please tell me what you think ^^
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 7:47 pm

Oh, I see you made quite a bit of tweaks actually, and they fit rather nicely. ^^ I like it.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 10:51 am

Fairy Tears

This plant is actually more of a weed with flowers growing on it. There are four big pedals, shaped somewhat like Fairy wings, with a stalk that looks like a droplet of water from the base of the flower to the vine. The wings glow during the night, creating a pretty blue light, similar to most fairy wings.

In the denser parts of the forests and jungles this plant can be pretty expansive, and depending on the stability of an adventurer's mind, would either be calmed by the pretty glow, or scared due to the eerie similarity to fairy wings.

Since Fairy Tears are a weed, it grows rather fast, and over a lot of land, connecting and merging with each other similar to the Baby Tears plant on Earth. It's a very beautiful plant to have draping down the side of a house, or in a planter box when kept at smaller sizes.
----
reference pictures:

star jasmine:
Spoiler:
Baby Tears
Spoiler:

In a sense, I was picturing the baby tears with star jasmine flowers on top, but instead of five pedals, it's four, a little wider, shaped like fairy wings, and they glow blue at night.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 10:52 pm

Here's a take on a heaven realm I made up. It's a little off the wall so bare with me here.

---

Heaven

The name Heaven translates roughly to the word "Freedom" in the angelic tongue. A closer translation however, would be more akin to "freedom of souls in eternal grace" referring to all the souls who have entered what is referred to as "Greater Heaven" not just the dead. So when an angel cries out in battle "for heaven" they are referring to all the souls.

Heaven itself though is the name of a realm that houses a massive city. Presumably the first plane of many in Greater Heaven, this realm houses the majority of the souls out of the multi-layered dimension.

Heaven's city goes without name, but it is a massive city with at least nine thousand square miles, and a wall surrounding it that looks a thousand feet high. The sidewalks are stainless white stone, walls are beautiful marble, and lush plants of all kinds adorn the walkways, buildings, rooms, and parks especially. The buildings stand extremely tall, with beautiful curving architectural designs to them. Every time new souls are admitted, new heights on the buildings are gained, and the city itself seems to grow.

There are four satellite towns that connect with the main hub as well, each with a large walkway that extends between them. The towns are situated perfectly orienting what would be North, East, South, and West - each with it's own gate. The southern gate is the only one that admits new arrivals to the realm, though. As a result, the south town is the largest of the four. The southernmost gate originally led to Felarya, and the other three gates led to the other realms of heaven. However, the southern gate is no longer accessible by mortals, and angels will use it to go from heaven to felarya instead, and souls of the deceased appear in front of the gate after they die instead.

The history of this particular realm within Greater Heaven is rather peculiar, however. In origin, Heaven was never a religious realm, that is it never was created directly by any particular divine or holy being. It was the result of an ancient civilization that lived in the lands of Felarya, presumably far far into the depths of the world, way beyond the currently known maps. The rumors and knowledge of this realm have been completely forgotten within the sands of Felarya's time (except for maybe a guardian or two).

The Civilization was home a race of beings that were very optimistic, carefree, and easy going people by nature. They discovered a way to manipulate Felarya's physics and reality, creating a this dimension within Felarya's existence, building their Cities there, and linking it with the heavily forested universe. The guardians decided that instead of fighting and destroying the empire, they would cut them off, banning them from re-entering Felarya before the Angels took over the realm, subsumed them into their Greater Heaven, and determining whether to send them to Hell or Heaven.

Most of them were kept in Heaven, and thus they manipulated the reality of the realm to draw it's power and electricity from the positive feelings of those who live there.

---

That's more or less it. I fear I went off the deep end here, but I wanted to just build up the courage to post this.

I spoke to Fish about it actually. He said "liked the irony of a race being exiled by physical gods only to set up camp as godly beings themselves." or some such.

I was unsure whether or not to have the Angels be the true race of the Civilization. If so, then the banished members of the Civilization in the ancient past could be the Succubi and Demons. This would explain the absence of God or Satan in our Heaven and Hell, and actually provide a rather interesting situation where their bodies evolved to reflect their moral intentions, or just make it so the Angels and Succubi are related, hence explaining why they would be able to have children.

I think its an interesting take on one of the heavenly realms though

Last edited by Archmage_Bael on Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 6:15 pm

D'Ome Tsivh 2
Artifact

"The Old Truth" Translated by ancient language experts. It is a very very old book kept within the depths of Negav, written supposedly by a Neko survivor who witnessed the destruction of Ur-Sagol. The book follows her theories behind why they were attacked, and the supposed warning. The author suggests they were attacked because they were too big and powerful. The book dictates some basic information regarding the city's defense, but largely follows her account and eventually successful escape to the Negav area where she stayed with the Neko village.

The author's name in the book very hard to read, but supposedly she died some time during King Kerume's reign, at which point all her books were buried, and remained so until The Great Destruction. It was supposedly one of four books, but this one is the only one that was recovered. It is listed as highly classified, and not many people have seen it - even Archmages. It is a myth to everyone but those who know about it.

It should also be noted that the author's role in Ur-Sagol was never mentioned in this tome. Therefore this information may or may not be correct.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel115
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Gabriel115

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 6:37 pm

I personaly like the Heaven idea, however while I do LOVE the idea of an ancient civilization mastering the foces of the universe i somethimes find it overused so expanding on them may be a good idea, I also think that i might be a good idea to explaine how the physics of Heaven works and maybe a more info on what life is like there now.

Aside form that I think you have yourself a good idea. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 5:28 pm

I dunno if expanding on them would be a good idea. They're kind of just there. Expanding on it just might make it bad.

I did say they were optimistic, carefree, and lighthearted. Their achievement, ironically, could have been accomplished because they were able to accept things easier, and not driven to find the answer for selfish reasons, but were still a threat to Felarya, which is why the Guardians wouldn't have outright destroyed them, but just exiled them.

Thanks for the feedback! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 3:32 am

The "Domay Tsivishish whatever it's spelled" seems interesting. It would make for some cool storytelling.
Back to top Go down
Ilceren
Ilceren

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 7:25 am

I like the Fairy Tears idea very much, I've pictured a clearing covered with them during the night and it would be a beautiful sight. But this plant can't climb on tree trunks, right? They just grow on the floor.

That heaven realm you say sounds good too, but if you want to make these people the origin of Angels and Succubi, you'd have to state they were giant-sized from the start. That or figure out how they were turned into giants when they transformed into Angels and Succubi over the years.
Other than that, it's pretty well-thought. Also, where do the other gates of the city lead to?

Last, you mention the book to be an "artifact", but I don't see it having some kind of power or anything. Would it still qualify to as an artifact if it's just a book, albeit very old? Also, noticing the "2" in the name, I'm guessing it's the second out of the four books you say it's part of.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 1:51 pm

Yes I love the Fairy Tears a lot as well, I imagined them while driving through...wyoming or nebraska I think. Anyway, it will not grow on trees, it just stays on the ground, and it would be very very soft to walk on, but as it glows during the night, it'll light you up as you walk over it, so don't walk over it at night. Sleeping near a field of them would be soooo pretty though ^^

The ancients never turned into angels, they were subsumed into heaven when they connected with the realm. Heaven took control of their city, (seeing it as a sort of violation I think) and judged all the inhabitants, and sent them to specific realms. Most of them stayed in heaven, and probably chose to live in their city, while the evil hearted ones were sent to hell. They did not turn to angels in the slightest, and I daresay that the angels actually did them a FAVOR. XD

I will add that the other gates lead to other realms of heaven, possibly established by the angels after they were subsumed.

The book is an artifact because of it's knowledge it holds, and its age.Yes, it is book 2 of 4, in that you are correct.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 3:40 pm

The Great Incline

The Great Incline is just what it's name describes; an incline running along the eastern border of the Akaptor Desert. It appears to be a mountain range, but at the "top" it plateaus into the sandy desert. This makes the desert area at least near the incline to be a high desert, and caves run up along from the base of the mountain range to the desert itself, and counter-intuitively to most everything else in Felarya is extremely traversable. The whole range is very metal rich, and the ore extends to even the underground, not just in the mountains themselves. The Great Incline is home to many weird types of ore on the western half of the incline, and what part of it runs underneath the desert sand. Some ores react to weather, other ores react to temporal magic, a symptom left over from the days when the desert itself was covered in the massive dome. The dome in fact ended right over the tip of these mountain ranges, so on the other side the area is rich in iron, silver, with tungsten and titanium under ground. This means that in addition to being home to a few bizarre ores, this is one of the largest deposits of common and uncommon earth metals in Felarya.

The Sandfall maze meets with the Great Incline on the southern half of the range. The borders of the Sulfur Sources also extend out to near the edge of Great Incline as well. Travelers of many species will commonly go from the Milkadis temple area and reach around the northside of the Orelosk Plateau, to the Great Rocky Fields, and then between the Sulfur Sources and Great Sandfall maze as it is filled with large rocks for smaller species to hide in and around, and yet have wide enough paths for larger creatures as well.
Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 5 Great_11

note: here is kind of what I'm proposing. As you can see I'm also suggesting the Sulfur Sources are actually a little bigger here, and there's the path I outlined, as well as the mountain range.
Back to top Go down
Stabs
Stabs

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 4:25 pm

Well, Bael, I'd suggest you don't mention every ore on its own; we get the idea, and we have enough magical ores as it is. On the other hand, if you need something left over from the dome, maybe there can be some leftover dome in the tunnels beneath the incline. Now THAT would be unique!
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 6:01 pm

True. Though there's dozens of ores alone on earth, but honestly we have five ores: Adlevite, Felaryan Silver, Pyralite, Tazarin, Pyscheuranium. The others are gems and stones. Alloys don't really count, because those aren't found, they're made.

I just gave examples though, I didn't have a plan to really flesh out every single ore that could be found, and I thought using iron, tungsten, etcetera would be interesting because most of the ores in felarya react to magic in some way, or are centered around magic. I thought having an area that specialized in normal ores would be oddly unique.

Leftover dome in the tunnels would be weird, but I don't know how it'd work! :O If I think of a way then I'll try and put it in ^^ thanks for the comment Smile
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 10:24 am

Okay, don't have time to edit this (leaving on a trip for the day) but I just thought that my Fairy Tears plant (post in spoilers below) would go very well if I added that:
-the flower pedals absorb body oils and other scents well, and turn it into a sort of "aroma" that creatures with sensitive smelling could pick up from a pretty far distance. This can make them dangerous to camp near or in.
-this effect could be counter-acted in a home-grown environment with water supplemented with a couple other herbs, and possibly this plant, when harvested makes for good soap.

any thoughts?

here's the spoiler'd post, but the original's really only a few entries up. (I'll be posting a new idea soon, I hope)

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 11:22 am

So... they can be used as ingredients for making soap? Neat.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 1:51 pm

adding a new idea, but first I'm officially editing that fairy tears thing.

Fairy Tears

This plant is actually more of a weed with flowers growing on it. There are four big pedals, shaped somewhat like Fairy wings, with a stalk that looks like a droplet of water from the base of the flower to the vine. The wings glow during the night, creating a pretty blue light, similar to most fairy wings.

In the denser parts of the forests and jungles this plant can be pretty expansive, and depending on the stability of an adventurer's mind, would either be calmed by the pretty glow, or scared due to the eerie similarity to fairy wings. It is also possible to run into a grove at night with an expansive luminescent blue field, however the flower pedals absorb body oils and turn it into a peculiar sort of "aroma" that can be picked up fairly easily by creatures with sensitive smelling such as nekos who sometimes don't find the smell too pleasant. This makes fairy tears (sadly) dangerous to camp near or in.

Since Fairy Tears are a weed, it grows rather fast, and over a lot of land, connecting and merging with each other similar to the Baby Tears plant on Earth. It's a very beautiful plant to have draping down the side of a house, or in a planter box when kept at smaller sizes. To counteract the aroma producing function, feeding the flower with water supplemented with herbs, and the flower is also a very common ingredient in making soaps that also act as an effective deodorant used by upper class citizens in Negav.

Black Falls Pass

Black Falls Pass is an incredibly long man made tunnel built right north of the mines. It is said that it took a few decades to built it into the side of the mountain back when the city was still somewhat new. It is also said that the whole pathway used to be lit extensively by small fragments of gems and phosphorescent moss, but now it is completely dark, long, and it is unknown if anything else may lurk within. It's purpose has been largely forgotten though. It was speculated that the pathway used to be safe travel to a choice fishing spot near the lake of illusions, as river fish from the moat around the city were often too small, and not high enough in numbers. The pathway is dangerous now, despite the support beams and expertly carved in walls, its slightly crumbly, but people hear about successful ventures through it all the time. Mostly the idea of a miles-long dark passageway tends to scare away most adventurers - or a predator waiting on the other side with an open mouth. (That's a slightly risky plan for the predator though, as they wont know when adventurers will pass through)

However, occasionally people from Safe Harbor will use the passageway, as it is believed to be safer getting to Negav through the Pass, than cutting straight through the jungle, since through the pass people only need to worry about an enemy coming from one direction.

Plans to fix the pass has reached the masses, but it is unclear when exactly these plans will be set into motion. Until then, adventurers who want to get to the lake of illusion the short way will have to brave a dark miles-long tunnel wrought with enough deadly rumors to sink a Galleon.

Liant (Changed to"Liant" which sounds more fluid)
Height: 30-40ft
Danger: Medium
Locations: Tobol Mountains, Pyrale Mountains, Great Rocky Fields, and Chidokai Forest, Dridder Forest, Forest of Whispers

Kishants are large Lion-like creatures that generally come in two varieties. The mountain variety with hard shell-scales instead of fur, but their body shape, skeleton and habits keep them an obvious relative to the forest variety. The Mountain Kishants also have shorter fangs in comparison to the Forest Kishants. The mountain varieties are also loners, and are hardy and fast, excellent climbers, but their weakness is in their speed. When sprinting after prey it is difficult for them to turn if their prey manage to dodge them, creating an opening that most don't ever get to see - but one that can be exploited if prepared for.

The Forest Kishants are more a typical Lion, albeit with Longer fangs, beautiful fur, and slower than the mountain varieties. They travel in packs as well, typically from three to six at the most unlike Kensha Beasts, who come in packs of up to twelve. Forest Kishants have been known to get into fights with Kensha beasts though, creating cyclical eras of dominance as Kishants are known to hunt and eat Kenshas, and vice versa. Nowadays Forest Kishants are more rare though, since the current cycle during 2068 is a time when the Kenshas are much more dominant in the forests of Felarya. Despite their packs being fewer in number, they are slightly larger and stronger giving them an edge individually, but overall keeping the playing field level between strength and number. Likewise to Kenshas, Kishants will also fight off any intruder or foe they believe to be posing a threat to their existence. However, they will be more prone to disperse when they know they have the lower hand, not being above retreat so that they may come back and fight again.

---------

That last entry I'm unsure of what to call them. I wanted a rival for the Kensha Beasts, but I think Kishant is too similar - too easy to get them confused with, so I juggled the name "Liant" like "Lion Giant" but I don't know if that's good either :/. Any name suggestions would be helpful - or suggestions of other nature as well.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 1:42 pm

Infinity Mountains

The Infinity Mountains is essentially an unfathomably huge mountain range that drifts through several Realms of Heaven. The size of it would be comparable to an ant in the shadow of a 30,000 ft tall mountain range. Seeing it's form is truly a spectacle, as the mountain sides are smooth, snowy all the way down, and counter-intuitively incredibly safe to explore. Following the mountains does not guarantee passage of one Heavenly Realm to the next though. Though it is capped in snow however, the Infinity Mountains aren't actually all that cold. One could walk upon its snow slopes dressed in a normal shirt and pants without need for a jacket.Heavenly Festivals are often held at the base of the mountain, as it symbolizes the steadfast protection, and the sturdiness of the resolve the Angels have to protect her deserving inhabitants. It is said there are hundreds of shrines built along the length of the mountain range in every realm it reaches, and one of these shrines may also be where souls, and the feelings left over go to be reborn if they so choose.

Soul Essence

In Heaven or Hell when souls are digested for one reason or another what comes out, or left over, is not much of a particle or a special ethereal material, but a "thought". This "thought" or "feeling" is the essence of the soul, its personality, its memories, and it exists on a plane of existence that is hard to reach and impossible to harm. Both heaven and hell have a "Soul Essence" layer native to each other. In Hell, this layer exists within the dimensions, and the thoughts and feelings from the victims of Succubi and Hell can be felt within this layer that flows throughout the Hellish realms. Often the poor, tortured victims will subconsciously drive further and further away from whoever or whatever tortured them. Often the feelings and thoughts of the soul stay in that form and provide a disturbing scream or a mental projection of their suffering. This is pleasant to Succubi and demons, but horrible to everything else. However, since the "soul essence" tends to drift away from their killer, it would make the Succubi want to eat more to feed off more suffering...

In Heaven, souls that are damaged or digested somehow will be nothing but a thought similar in theory to what happens in Hell, but without the torture. Souls that become nothing but a thought are surrounded by nothing but the joy and love of Heaven and her occupants, providing a feeling that the leftover soul essence feeds off of and projects back out around the Angel that ate them, instead of drifting away from them like in Hell. This may not necessarily be what is the cause for an Angel's projected happy feelings. (Since Purifiers tend to eat/purify a lot of people, and have the most intense good feelings projected, it fortifies the argument). Angels have theories about what happens to the souls after the turn into these feelings, and some drift away, are left in this state, or lucky enough to be reborn into a new person to live another life, or as an occupant of heaven...

Abysmal Shrine

The Abysmal Shrine is a massive construction in Hell that caters to the leftover thoughts and feelings from a Soul's Digestion. It's purpose is to lure the psionic-like feelings of the soul leftovers to it, draw it in forcibly or otherwise from all the realms where the what's leftover will be used to slowly reconstruct the Soul from the leftover thoughts, and the memories and feelings embedded into them. The shrine is home to several disgusting or terrifying animals that "feed" on these thoughts, which are imbibed within their bodies where they are rebuilt. It is unclear whether or not the creatures are actually living or artificial constructions, since they may have properties of both - like a pod that resembles a plant, but reconstructs the soul within the pod itself and releases it later like a healing tank. This Shrine is somewhat of a mystery, but is very gothic looking, and one way for Souls to be reused by Succubi.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 5:18 pm

Great ideas here Smile

I especially like the infinity mountains. I like that idea of being able to see it from the distance from several other realms. I think it could actually be one realm in itself.

The Black Falls Pass is also well thought off. It offers a choice of passage that is perhaps safer but probably more scary. I really like the dilemna it offers ^^

I'm a little less convinced by the soul essence though but the base idea is interesting and give food for thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 5:50 pm

Thanks Smile

edit: I found a picture on facebook recently that fit my view of what fairy tears would look like at night, just without the little four pedals thing.

Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 5 392125_10151027147580658_926686797_n
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 12:55 am

I'd like to add the Black Falls Pass with some little tweaks here and there. I think the idea make sense and propose an interesting alternative for travellers Razz
please tell me if you agree with the disclaimer ^^
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 12:25 pm

Yes I agree ^_^
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 10:51 am

So I have the general idea for this type of magic, but I was unsure how to word it, so I just started writing.
------------------------
Conditional Magic

The idea behind this is 'sacrificing one benefit for another'. Someone backed against a wall facing many enemies can sacrifice speed for strength. The person will find it physically demanding to move at all, but their ability to pick things up, the force of which they swing a sword will be amplified. On many instances, even strategically speaking this idea can be utilized, but it wont happen on such a natural or innate level as conditional magic. The origins for the ability to use this style of magic are unclear, but it can be vaguely related to several other fields.

There are two ways to access this ability; one way would be to use one's innate magic, ley magic, or even thaumaturgical magic (for demon-influenced magic could amplify it's potency). In this way one would access their "abilities" and simply choose one to sacrifice, and one to amplify. The other way is the considered the more true way to use Conditional Magic. The caster would search within them-self, and find the core of their abilities, and essentially use it like a power source and "power it down" and use the extra energy gained to fuel the effects, all this magic happens within the core of the caster's own body, being its own internal source except for an external one. This magic will react favorably to those who would go to great lengths to sacrifice their abilities and even possibly permanently harming their own bodies with an intense surge of magical power focused on strength, speed, magical efficiency, or even a feeling, like the ability to resist hunger. The greater the sacrifice, the stronger the enhanced ability becomes. Note: sacrificing your life wont let you gain immortality.

To study this magic, one needs to understand the flow of life in Felarya, the direction it goes, like a river that starts at the top of a mountain, going down a waterfall, through a river out into the sea. Or life and death, how one decision affects another. Understanding these flows make it much easier to channel this type of magic. Contrary to Primordial Magic, the caster is not focusing on threads of magic weaving throughout Felarya, but the flow of the land, its energies, even down to the core of your own body, and then using your own body as the power source to sacrifice something within yourself, and amplifying another ability, or possibly feeling.
----------------------

I know it may still sound like it's Primoridal Magic, but its really not. It doesn't focus on pre-existing threads. You can read it like "chi" in our world, or in Fullmetal Alchemist's "Alkahestry" the "Flow of the Dragon" so to speak. It's kind of difficult for me to explain, but I hope you guys get the general idea. It can be a very dangerous magic, both to yourself, and others around you, which is why (normally) if you know this kind of magic, you'd use it in a last ditch effort.

About the note: I imagine those people who have led bad lives that would warrant an eternity in hell might gain heaven's favor if they use the magic to sacrifice their own life for a friend who would otherwise die. Like the ultimate sacrifice, but put into magic.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 3:49 pm

Any thoughts at all? Kinda makes it hard to know how to improve, or if any idea is a good one when no one leaves a comment. Any sort of comment would be nice.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 3:54 pm

Like I said, this lack of comments is stupid, so here I go!

I think it's an interesting idea. The concept of giving up one strength to improve another seems pretty sound, though what you haven't said is whether or not the process is reversible. It also seems a little too RPG-ish for Felarya, which, as far as I know, doesn't run on stats like that, but that could just be me.
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 4:08 pm

Thanks for the comment! Very Happy

I really didn't intend on it being RPGish, surely it'd be easily adaptable, but if you give up your strength for speed (just an example, there's many possibilities) then it'll be physically hard for you to pick stuff up, or deal much physical damage, but you'll be really fast. Its not like: on activate: -2 str, +2 dex or anything like that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas
Page 5 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next