Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas

Go down 
+29
Gamma
jedi-explorer
Grave
DarkOne
Sigurd
Darth_Nergal
asaenvolk
Stabs
Ilceren
Gabriel115
Nyaha
parameciumkid
keroko
FalconJudge
TheArchvile
Sehoolighan
Black Aquila
Anime-Junkie
Jætte_Troll
MrNobody13
Oldman40k2003
Slimetoad
Jasconius
Pendragon
Feadraug
Warrior3000
Karbo
Shady Knight
Archmage_Bael
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2016 8:17 pm

Mara's Lunch wrote:
No, the afterimages would definitely fight in that situation. If its a one-on-one fight, however, The Seraphim's after images might not fight, though. It may also depend on training that the specific seraphim has.

Ah so each after image is sentient? Nifty trcik. Not even seen that in an anime unless you counted Bleach. Certainly not to that degree. So if one demon attacked the Seraphim the after images might sit back and watch but if she called in reiforcements they'd be smart enough to intervene? Leads me to ask what would happen if the main Seraphim was killed? Would the afterimages solidify or fade away?

Mara's Dinner wrote:
Also, purple is fine, I suppose. Dark skin/carapace is what's important. On the other hand, if you DID see a giant totem carving, you'd know its their territory, and to back your rear out of there. Or you might think its a ruin if you're not as knowledgeable in-world.

Hmm she was pale skinned but she would be cute with darker skin and I could always use more ebony or mocha characters in my pale and slightly tanned armies. XD All comes down to knowledge I suppose...and foolhardiness. Cause even Tam knew? She'd charge on ahead eager to meet a new giant pal or two. XD

Mara's Desert wrote:
As for the interaction with the Dryad, that's a very clever adaptation of where I was going with it~

^////^ Well I try to be clever and seeing the next step is something I pride myself as a writer and decoder of writing. Sides it's cute! I'm gonna look into writing that now. XD Or drawing it....or both! =P

Mara's Brunch wrote:
Omolon Grasses

Oooh sounds rather useful for obvious reasons but I wonder if with magic if you could extract the sounds captured and put Omolon Grass into a potion to restore one's voice?
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2016 9:31 pm

Well, the afterimages are a part of her specifically. They're not their own creatures. They literally are the same person. She controls them innately, or so I would imagine, but can also control them consciously as well, given whatever scenario, which is why I mentioned training. Being trained to use that ability during combat by other seraphims. So yeah, they're not separate people. XD

Also, neat idea for a potion with the grass. Considering any of this is canonized at all. Haven't seen Karbo around to get his approval on it :p
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 7:03 pm

Archmage_Bael wrote:
Well, the afterimages are a part of her specifically. They're not their own creatures. They literally are the same person. She controls them innately, or so I would imagine, but can also control them consciously as well, given whatever scenario, which is why I mentioned training. Being trained to use that ability during combat by other seraphims. So yeah, they're not separate people. XD

Also, neat idea for a potion with the grass. Considering any of this is canonized at all. Haven't seen Karbo around to get his approval on it :p

Aww. Pitty would have been cooler if they were like their own person. Would have shaken up something typical to anime. <.< Hmmm I got a new idea for that lite novel I'm writing now.. =P If I sell it I'll send some your way.

Thank you! When looking at Felaryan herbs I often wonder what they'd be like if one mixed them up in potions using the sometimes forgotten Herbology and Alchemy knowledge fonts. ^_^ As for Karbo he'll come around soon. He sorta swoops in and gives kudos to ya then flies away someplace else. He's like a super hero! =D But better cause he draws vore! geek
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2016 3:22 am

I like your take on the scorpisais ^^ Indeed they have been very under-developed for long. I find the Pale Scorpisais especially interesting with that change of environment. What do you say if we transferred that trait of Marzaba Scorpisai of carving stone to them instead and with wood ?  Making sculptures and totems for example. I find the idea pretty neat visually Razz

Also about the reply you made on Jedi's thread, what do you think would be some of the earth metal that would be present on Felarya as well ?
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2016 11:51 am

Yeah thanks I tried to make them more unique but still relatable to the other Scorpisai. I chose rock because I figured that was likely the more common resource, but wood can definitely work as well, and I think that would also be fine :3

I was just commenting about mentioning silver, Titanium, copper, iron, etc deposits in various areas, noting they are very prominent.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2016 4:01 am

Alright ^^
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2016 3:08 pm

Karbo wrote:
Alright ^^

If you feel like something should be changed a little bit to better suit what you'd have in mind, then go for it.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2016 2:53 pm

Scorpisai editing.

Marzaba Scorpisai

The Marzaba Scorpisai are a different variety of the traditional standard Scorpisai. They prefer arid to forested regions as opposed to desert or rocky areas (but some do live in desert areas), and are known to be in the regions west of the Akaptor desert such as the Ivokan Svannah and Lamina. Like traditional Scorpion Kind - as they are sometimes called, they have a similar looking body with their arching tail and eight legs, though with a large black body complimenting their humanoid torso. This results in them being larger overall than all other Scorpisai.

Due to their large nature it is assumed that they have a much more dangerous toxin in them that they can sting with, but this rumor is unsubstantiated. They in fact have quite the mild toxin, though it is still dangerous. Their muscle density is tougher, and are much stronger than they look. They hide, and ambush. This also reflects how they live, which is in deep burrowed caverns that they usually make themselves. They tend to live in smaller groups with each other throughout the western regions. Like many of the creatures they are reclusive, and tend to lurk. Marzaba Scorpisai tend to interact most with the local Chilotaurs and have an unexpectedly good relationship with each other, given both of their reflective species habits are somewhat isolationist.

They also enjoy body art quite a bit. They are often seen putting swirling cultural designs all over their shoulders and chest, and sometimes even their carapace. They make great pottery, and use percussion instruments for music and ceremonies.

They add horns and claws to parts of their armor before going into battle, armor components are always created with these features to show their preference for physical contact in battle. They practice all forms of close quarters combat, and encourage it. Battle is survival, so they practice for every kind of confrontation be it a sneaky underhanded one, or a stand-up honorable one.

Marzaba Scorpions can also be hyper-aggressive when approaching their territory. If one pops out of the ground, don't expect them to give up the fight - it is even more of a death sentence than meeting a hungry Naga or a Dridder, because they will not bother to give up the chase or even to stop to talk. Due to their arachnid carapace they have mild magic resistance, but unlike the kind of pure insects, making combat with them still quite difficult. However, it is fairly easy to spot their territories, as Marzaba Scorpions are excellent at carving out extremely elaborate wood sculptures. Making statues and other objects from that is a staple of their culture. There are some statues littered throughout their territories representing their deities. Sometimes highly decorated pillars will be nearby, resembling a kind of Totem. Underground burial caverns are usually always carved from stone, and are very artistic. They prefer what one may call a more "bold and strong" design.

Pale Scorpisai

These Scorpisai look wildly different than the darker shades of the other Scorpisai. Where the other's have black or brown or dark carapaces, Pale Scorpisai have green ones! They hide within the forest, and grow thick hairs on their exterior of their limbs which resemble grass when they crouch down and hide. They also have mediocre sized horns, which are frequently used for headbutting. These scorpion do not burrow, though.

They live as close to the surface as they can, and are far more tribal in appearance than their kin. This is due to their habitat locations being near caves or dense areas of trees, and take brush and foliage, and wood - whatever they can, to build their habitats. These habitats usually are circular in shape using the base of trees as the center pillar in their structures, and camouflage their homes to look like part of the forest or scenery, like large bushes around the base of trees. This is also due in part to their size being smaller than that of their nearby Marzaba cousins. They rarely tread into each other's territories, but aren't inherently hostile to one another, though they tend to see each other as being a different species, with the Pale Scorpisai being slightly more racist in that regard.

Pale Scorpisai prefer wind instruments over percussion, and their music flows, emphasizing melody and harmony over chest pounding music. Many of their ceremonies revolve around the Dryads they help protect. Dryads are often celebrated as the mothers and symbol of the creation of life and beauty. Women are high respected in this culture.

They also tend to favor ranged combat of melee, and are fantastic archers, very good at sensing their prey or opponents and where they will be. This leads them to be highly accurate. Their interaction, ironically enough, is more friendly toward other species than any other kind of Scorpisai. One is far more likely to manage to strike up a conversation with the Green Ones, instead of being either fled from or attacked.

Pale Scorpisai are a very oral based society. Songs and stories and information of all kinds are passed down by word of mouth. The exception is papyrus, made from native plants close to the marsh and even some in the forest. They tend to also worship the same pantheon as the Marzaba Scorpisai.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2016 9:06 pm

Aethereal Phoenix
Critical

A creature that needs no introduction. The Aether Phoenix is a wonderfully fantastic sight to behold, having also a very melodic and beautiful roar. They are giant birds, close in size to the Abyssal Tonorions, and even more deadly. Luckily they are usually peaceful by nature. They are also ranked as the 3rd most beautiful creature in all the Universe, and reside in many other areas of Felarya as well, with a fair number dwelling within the depths of Londore, the mage-centric world connected to Felarya.

One odd feature of this beautiful phoenix is the genetic differentiation it has based on gender. For some reason there is a dramatic difference in appearance. They are both hatched in flames, but the females retain this beautiful flame, while the males do not. It is said the intense heat turns the surface of its body to glass-looking scales on the surface of its body. However, the scales can become luminescent just as the flame on the females can light dark areas.

The age of the females can be seen by the color of their flames. The youngest start with a bright yellow, then redden, and eventually become a blue flame.

They also have a connection with Lydus, which is a reason they are called an "Aether Phoenix" in the first place. They are able to travel in and out of dimensions at will, just how someone would pass through a dimensional gate, or a vanishing land would suddenly appear. When they do this, an aura is seen around their bodies, which disperses into a beautiful array around them. It looks as if it "paints" the air its in, then phase out and back in. This aura is thought to always be around them, but it is only seen during this instance.

This aura it has causes an array of effects, which react differently to magic, should it be hit with any magical based attacks. The effects always are repelled outward, causing odd dimensional effects when the spells rebound. This makes it incredibly difficult to fight on a pratical level. Whether this aura is a spell it casts, or a byproduct of some unknown physiology is completely unknown, but through this aura it can also breathe intense fire that can burn through even the strongest anti-fire preparations, or blind a person, and eat them. On that note, these creatures willingly eat human sized prey, as they are small and easy, in addition to being unable to fight back.

They tend to keep to themselves, which makes it incredibly difficult to find one. If one is seen, they may communicate telepathically, leaving many to believe these creatures are sapient by nature - or close to a level of a sapience. This telepathic communication is also a way in which they raise their young.

Supposedly, long ago, a naga shaman befriended one through unknown means and rode them into battle against the correctors many years ago - burning everything in its wake. However, this story is completely unsubstantiated, and is said to be just a rumor meant to popularize its fabled existence.

Last edited by Archmage_Bael on Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2016 2:32 pm

Did some editing to the Phoenix entry, removing quite a lot of what I believed to be useless information.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2016 6:52 pm

Boulder Scorpisai

Boulder Scorpisai are so named due to the various rocky patterns across their bodies. They have larger stronger pincers than all their cousins due to their burrowing nature in areas that are more rocky than normal. There are quite a variety in hues however, as they all seem to take designs similar to various kinds of rocks and minerals, resulting in unique patterns across their carapace - of which the most common is like an unrefined onyx. The female Boulder Scorpisai have extravagantly beautiful decorations on them that typically favor various minerals. Also instead of sharper horns and more jagged body parts, they're more round, much bulkier and thicker, giving them a more tank-like composition. They are slow, strong, and the biggest of the Scorpisai.

Most of their culture revolves around being underground. They even farm unique Felaryan plants that grow below the surface, and are very communal. Migrations are common, however, and many of them decide to leave their group and go off with their friends to start a new home. Unlike many Felaryan species they never travel alone.

They do love their underground farms quite a bit. The easiest way to strike up a conversation with one is to mention gardening. However, they rarely if ever converse with anyone who isn't a Scorpisai. They will gladly eat humans and other human sized creatures, so adventurers beware. They enjoy soaking up damage and spitting highly corrosive saliva at their foes. Though they are more likely to capture prey, haul them home, and have them with whatever they are growing beneath the surface, in fancy dishes.

Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2016 12:28 pm

Kerume's Truth

Kerume's Truth is a religious cult dedicated to the preservation and worship of all things related to King Kerume centuries ago. This also extends to his best friend Chani, who was heartbroken over the assassination of her beloved friend. The cult masquerades itself as a museum which displays a lot of artifacts and objects from past rulers of Negav - most of which is King Kerume, the first ruler. There are even two objects in the museum as well that once belonged to the Chani, the giant naga.

The museum is noted by a large statue of Kerume and Chani together just outside the main foyer to the museum. Unfortunately due to the rather negative opinion of nagas, the museum staff is constantly washing graffiti off of Chani, but leaving Kerume untainted. People blame her for fleeing when she should have stayed to make things better.

The backside of the museum descends into a staff area that has an entrance to a temple beneath the depths of the museum. It is here that people go to worship their "god" Kerume. His aspirations, documents, goals, and rulings are all kept here and studied by the cultists. Many of them are neko, but a rather surprising number of them are also human. They acknowledge the efforts of the ancient Nekos who made Negav possible, and many of them help against their mistreatment. Still, it was Kerume who ordered the tunnels dug beneath Negav, Kerume who met with Chani to reduce the predator's attacks and feasting on Negav's citizens. It was Kerume and Chani who mounted a defense against Demechrelle. These are only some of the events during his 700 year reign.

It has stood as a testament to their honoring of Kerume a couple hundred years after. There is also no afterlife belief beyond whichever place Kerume would have gone to. The now-religious-organization has members who are dedicated to finding Chani in the wilderness and bringing her back. The faithful adventurers often go out only to look for her, and many of them manage to come back - as their goal isn't plundering dangerous areas for treasures. They also believe that one day Chani will return to them.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2017 4:53 am

Two interesting idea here Smile

For the boulder scorpisais I really like that idea of having their scorpion bodies having a somewhat mineral appearance . It's visually very cool ^^

The Kerume'struth cult is original and it makes sense since you always will have nostalgic people of a certain period. I especially like the idea of having it camouflaged as a museum ^^
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2017 7:24 pm

Oh thank you!  I do have more ideas on the way. Feeling a tad sick at the moment, so its keeping me from posting.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2017 9:27 pm

Oretoise

These are giant creatures that are somewhere between a tortoise and a serpent. They are long vaguely oval shaped creatures with a turtle like shell, and about a dozen appendages on them. There are arm-like protrusions, odd looking tentacles, and a pair bizarrely shaped ridged fins that help them swim through the ground. It does this by rapidly vibrating. The tentacles have a rough surface on the backside of its thick scaly flesh with millions of little objects that also vibrate rapidly, breaking up rough soil, and even incredibly dense rock with ease. It has evolved multiple tools all over its body to serve the function of swimming through the ground.

The curious part about this creature, is that it doesn't seem to eat any organic material at all. Yet, when it stops (which is often) and starts veins of ores and minerals seem to spread and actually grow all around it. This means that if there is a dying Ascarlin mine, an Oretoise could come through the area, stop, and the there will suddenly be many new veins all over the place as if the miners had just coincidentally just happened to miss it.

There is no known travel pattern. Many of them are hidden beneath the depths of the desert, curiously, which means that the ground beneath the Akaptor desert would be a treasure trove for all sorts of valuable resources. As this creature digs, it does leave tunnels, which can be traversed if one is willing to brave the dangerous of the underground. However, these creatures usually shy from going too close to man made structures, and leave many of Felarya's temples and mysterious structures untouched by them.

Ychet Neko Tribe

The Ychet Neko Tribe is a group of nekos that have Isolated themselves off in the Crystal lands of the east, past Lamina. These nekos are actually a very ancient, and one of the more successful clans of wild nekos that exist today. They boast several nearby towns, each one of them with a protector dryad. Part of the reason for their success is their relationship with the Native Dryads, and have played parts in defending their tree-friends the various enemies that a Dryad would find difficult to contend with, especially when their young. This includes many insects and creatures that eat wood, leaves, and would otherwise be unfazed by dryad psionics.

Ychet Nekos have a traditional art of imbuing their flesh with runes, which usually take on the appearance of tattoos that perform a variety of effects, many of which are slightly different depending on the individual bearer of the rune, and the fact the base material is flesh and not stone or wood. They make deals with the Dryads, who protect them and help to house them in exchange for a service rendered, an objective they all a "niche". Whatever their service to the Dryads are, it usually results in the Nekos hunting down various creatures all over the forest to be used as snackrifices. It is through these hunts that they usually gather, and see other members of their tribes.

Despite their exceedingly vicious appearance, they are very friendly toward other nekos and other neko tribes, as well as any forest-sapient creature. Everything else is subject to a prejudiced attitude. They know it, and actually believe they are the better for it. Unity with each other and conflict with others is something they believe helps keep them strong and alive. It is a curiously thin line for many people, but for them it is quite clear. In their beliefs to protect the forest, they do not eat vegetables unless in extremely dire circumstances, but instead hunt and eat meat instead, and thus practice their primary role as carnivores. They are not above eating humans and elves - but will never eat another neko.

As for the nearby villages, they usually trade art pieces, which contain stories and songs woven into them, or painted. Papyrus and cloth are also subject to art just as much as clothing, and will sometimes even wear their art as well, if applicable. This art may tell their family story, or simply an idea or expression they wished to share - which is one thing they would be willing to trade. They would also get together for a ceremony, or if their Dryad protectors whom they call their 'All-Mother' wishes it. They believe the Dryads are the life-like representation of their nature-supreme-goddess.
Back to top Go down
felarya_refugee
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
felarya_refugee

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2017 11:23 pm

Archmage_Bael wrote:
The Great Incline

The Great Incline is just what it's name describes; an incline running along the eastern border of the Akaptor Desert. It appears to be a mountain range, but at the "top" it plateaus into the sandy desert. This makes the desert area at least near the incline to be a high desert, and caves run up along from the base of the mountain range to the desert itself, and counter-intuitively to most everything else in Felarya is extremely traversable. The whole range is very metal rich, and the ore extends to even the underground, not just in the mountains themselves. The Great Incline is home to many weird types of ore on the western half of the incline, and what part of it runs underneath the desert sand. Some ores react to weather, other ores react to temporal magic, a symptom left over from the days when the desert itself was covered in the massive dome. The dome in fact ended right over the tip of these mountain ranges, so on the other side the area is rich in iron, silver, with tungsten and titanium under ground. This means that in addition to being home to a few bizarre ores, this is one of the largest deposits of common and uncommon earth metals in Felarya.

The Sandfall maze meets with the Great Incline on the southern half of the range. The borders of the Sulfur Sources also extend out to near the edge of Great Incline as well. Travelers of many species will commonly go from the Milkadis temple area and reach around the northside of the Orelosk Plateau, to the Great Rocky Fields, and then between the Sulfur Sources and Great Sandfall maze as it is filled with large rocks for smaller species to hide in and around, and yet have wide enough paths for larger creatures as well.
Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 12 Great_11

note: here is kind of what I'm proposing. As you can see I'm also suggesting the Sulfur Sources are actually a little bigger here, and there's the path I outlined, as well as the mountain range.

That is very slick and artful using a map image to show off where your location is! geek It'd be very helpful in for calling to mind the imaging of the setting.
Back to top Go down
http://ashely-virgo.deviantart.com/
Stabs
Stabs

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2017 8:03 pm

Well, since you ask so nicely for feedback on your stuff...

Let me begin by the oretoise. I can see it creating plot devices such as tunnels and ore veins (or at least potential ore veins to draw in the hopeful). Nonetheless as it is, it's nonsensical rather than mysterious. It needs a little extra fluff to it, otherwise, it looks like it only exists because we have decided it is a good idea to cook up something that builds tunnels and rejuvenates ore veins.

======

The Ychet neko tribe looks good. It is rather novel for nekos to actually be accomplices to the dryads, and if you're trying for them to come off as exotic (that's how I interpret their choice of location, the crystal forests), the tattoos will do the trick. The intra-species hospitality is interesting, too.

======

Kerume's truth, on the other hand, I think I told you before that they needed to organize some activities. I see you've fixed that- good job! Now that their people do stuff to go look for Chani, that works a lot better. The article looks a bit confused, though- "the faithful go out to look for Chani. They also believe Chani will return one day" makes it look in need of a slight rewrite.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2017 1:33 pm

Aha, thanks!

For the Oretoise, yeah I got that impression myself, but I wanted to make a giant creature that mysteriously replenishes and grows veins of ore and minerals. I thought that alone would help make it mysterious, but I'm also not quite sure whats lacking. It doesn't need to be aggressive (unless attacked) since it doesn't seem to eat animals at all.

---

For the Ychet Neko Tribe, I thank you. I think they have a lot of elements to their nature, and we need to start expanding out there. I think this would be a great way to make that area more exotic.

---

""the faithful go out to look for Chani. They also believe Chani will return one day" makes it look in need of a slight rewrite." You said, but yeah kind of I see what you mean. Its worded awkwardly - but we know they go out to look for Chani because they believe she will return. Yeah I think that's a better way of putting it, haha!
Back to top Go down
Stabs
Stabs

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2017 11:11 am

Well, the Oretoise could be improved if, rather than renewing ores as it passes, it had some other main effect that had as a side effect renewing the ores. For instance, it could be bringing up ores back from the past before they were dug. It's an Akaptor creature, after all.

If there was some sort of way you could subtly hint to that the ore renewal is actually a consequence of its main effect, you could make a case for it being not an animal that renews ores- but an animal that is sought after because of the ore renewal. The "bringing ores back up from the past" above is an example.

As another example, it could have strange creatures that DO eat humans living in its wake, and you could imply that those creatures are actually autonomous satellite organs that return to it after they have fed: that'd make the ores some sort of lure.

Gotta think of some sort of reason why it does what it does, and add a side effect to imply that reason, I recommend.
Back to top Go down
felarya_refugee
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
felarya_refugee

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2017 12:06 pm

The Ychet Nekoses sound intetesting. Do they use crystals in their art or culture much? Like fabulous crystal earings and neckllaces. :3

Concerning the Oretoise... why can't it just eat time energy around the ore sites?
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2017 1:59 pm

I admit I have some trouble visualizing the Oretoise, and especially how they produce ore ^^; Can you explain a bit more the process ?

The Ychet neko tribe is interesting. I especially like this idea of having them forming a sort of symbiosis around dryads ^^

To come back on Kerume thruth, how do you think a member of the cult would see Kerum's godhood? in short : why is he a god in their eyes, rather than say a "saint" / deeply respected figure ^^
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2017 4:36 pm

Karbo wrote:
I admit I have some trouble visualizing the Oretoise, and especially how they produce ore ^^; Can you explain a bit more the process ?

I'll have to agree with stabs on a certain part. I initially wanted the ore production aspect to be kind of a mystery, but I think it'd work better as a side effect of something. I'm toying with the idea of their body having hundreds of glands which amplify and stimulate psionic abilities. They would also eat whatever material that is in front of their mouth, which would likely be earth and magic. They would process the dirt/rock/magic in their belly, and this would also help feed their psionic glands. I could go one step further and say the only organic presence they would consume is someone who is naturally psionic. Their psionic abilities may also project themselves above the surface for any number of reasons. Maybe it helps them sense whatever's going on above the surface as well, or detecting land formations, potential structures, or even the psionic individuals it may feed off of.

Karbo wrote:
The Ychet neko tribe is interesting. I especially like this idea of having them forming a sort of symbiosis around dryads ^^
Second, Thanks for the compliment on the Ychet neko tribe. I was literally basing this idea off the wild neko picture of yours and I wanted to use it as inspiration for some kind of society. I wanted to one-up the tattoos in that picture though into something they might actually use as a specific function.

Karbo wrote:
To come back on Kerume thruth, how do you think a member of the cult would see Kerum's godhood? in short : why is he a god in their eyes, rather than say a "saint" / deeply respected figure ^^

For Kerume's Truth, they could worship him as a God who had come to them to grant peace and stability to their society. Kerume descended upon his mortal subjects, arriving to Felarya in order to lead them toward a better future! (This is when he came and announced himself as King) He was already a god, but in his humility, never talked about it. Its also why he appeared so wise and all knowing on many of the decrees, acts, etc. He knew the tunnels would come in handy when they did many years later, its why he built it! That sort of idea.

Many people believe he didn't give clues as to his godhood until he helped defeat the darkness caused by Demechrelle with Chani. This could (and likely is) overplayed into being something that was more successful than what likely was just running and hiding.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2017 11:14 pm

Gaurodan

Gaurodan is the name referring to a specific engineered device by the mage academy in Negav. It operates by using a very high quality rock quarried and fused together around an intertwining lace of a magically rich mineral. Afterward, many runes are attached to both the bottom and top of the device, which is shaped like a large slab. The resulting effect allows the board to float in the air once used properly. The maximum altitude the board can reach depends on the type of mineral used and the strength of the runes on the board itself. It is a relatively new device that has been recently developed in 2063 A.U. - within only the last few years. The majority of the public doesn't even know it exists yet, and those who do work within the Isolon Fist. Procurement of this device outside of the Isolon Fist is incredibly difficult.

The gaurodan is pretty quiet, and is also very fast and is a bit overly responsive. This is why it is somewhat difficult to control the board, so there are rune-clamps on the upper side for the feet, and the rider must have training and an affinity for magic to fully control it. The board is used primarily for military related purposes at this moment due to its affiliation with the Isolon Fist. It is very quiet, and very fast. The Isolon Fist still considers it as being in a testing phase.

---

edited. I like how devices like these are usually affiliated with some "super ancient kingdom that was really powerful and nobody has even a vague idea of how they did it" so I instead made this device a recent invention, to show that interesting magics and devices can still be made in the modern era :p

Last edited by Archmage_Bael on Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:37 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Veseere
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer
Veseere

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2017 12:14 am

I really like the concept of the Gaurodan. It is essentially a magical hover-board. My only question, does it have an altitude limit? If not, that would give the Isolon Fist and extremely safer form of transport outside of Negav, as it would leave them only having to watch for avian predators. It would also make raiding bandit groups that steal or attempt to steal the the mines easier with an ambush, as the mages would be able to silently get into position without a sound. >.<
Back to top Go down
felarya_refugee
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
felarya_refugee

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2017 3:00 am

Magic surf board? Gnarly brah! Mondo like. geek
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas
Page 12 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next