Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Slimetoad's randumb ideas

Go down 
+13
/Fish/
MrNobody13
AisuKaiko
Black Aquila
TheLightLost
Jætte_Troll
Archmage_Bael
Shady Knight
Pendragon
rcs619
Karbo
Anime-Junkie
Slimetoad
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

Slimetoad's randumb ideas - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slimetoad's randumb ideas   Slimetoad's randumb ideas - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 5:18 am

Those are great ideas ^^ and that last one.... is the stuff of nightmares o.o I think I'd rather encounter a creatures from silent hills than this one XD
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Slimetoad
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Slimetoad

PostSubject: Re: Slimetoad's randumb ideas   Slimetoad's randumb ideas - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 1:39 pm

Malalingua

Inhabiting the Shimmering Sea, this crystalline crustacean resembles a cross between a mantis shrimp and a spinal column at maturity, and is known by the local merfolk for its rather ghastly life cycle. As a free-swimming larva, the Malalingua seeks out giant mermaids and takes residence inside their mouths, where they cling to the soft tissues and painlessly suck blood from the tongue. By the time the mermaid's tongue withers and falls off, the now-mature crustacean attaches itself to the exposed muscle and from there on replaces the mermaid's tongue, functioning exactly as the natural organ would and ensuring the host can talk and sing and hunt normally. Of course, this now means the host mermaid has to eat for two.

For all intents and purposes, merfolk that possess a Malalingua suffer no drawbacks other than less popularity among the opposite gender, and their natural voice gaining a "hissing" or "rattling" lisp
Back to top Go down
Slimetoad
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Slimetoad

PostSubject: Re: Slimetoad's randumb ideas   Slimetoad's randumb ideas - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 5:56 am

Dispaelot

A mysterious creature found in the Milkadis Temple, the Dispaelot appears to be a small housecat-like creature made entirely of reflective surfaces, like a statue made of stained glass. Thought otherwise harmless, whoever glances at this being's body will find traumatic or generally unpleasant events from their past reflected on the mirrors, while the Dispaelot itself will loudly repeat snippets of dialogue from said memories for all to hear. As it will actively follow explorers in an attempt to dredge up more past sorrows, victims have great chances of suffering mental breakdowns from the rampant self-doubt and paranoia, which might break up entire prepared groups and send them to their quick deaths.

Dispaelots are considered by many to be akin to guardians of the temple, passively torturing trespassers seeking its secrets

Last edited by Slimetoad on Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Slimetoad's randumb ideas   Slimetoad's randumb ideas - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 12:42 pm

I like that idea :O

The name sounds a little funky, but whatever Razz
Back to top Go down
TheArchvile
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
TheArchvile

PostSubject: Re: Slimetoad's randumb ideas   Slimetoad's randumb ideas - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 6:01 pm

Me too.

Just how do you do it? Just churn out all these crazy original ideas!!! (Most of them with various levels of disturbingness to them though. Sometimes I worry about you...)
I know I don't often give feedback or critique on them, (I honestly don't think i could) but I always read them.
You, sir, have one hell of an imagination... It boggles the mind, it does...
Keep 'em coming!
Back to top Go down
Slimetoad
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Slimetoad

PostSubject: Re: Slimetoad's randumb ideas   Slimetoad's randumb ideas - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 1:41 am

TheArchvile wrote:
Me too.

Just how do you do it? Just churn out all these crazy original ideas!!! (Most of them with various levels of disturbingness to them though. Sometimes I worry about you...)
I know I don't often give feedback or critique on them, (I honestly don't think i could) but I always read them.
You, sir, have one hell of an imagination... It boggles the mind, it does...
Keep 'em coming!

I mostly take my inspiration from real-life animals. The other times I just go nuts Razz
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Slimetoad's randumb ideas   Slimetoad's randumb ideas - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 10:41 am

oh I like this last one a lot ! Very original and unique, with that suitable dose of nightmare fuel you like to put here and there in your ideas, while in the same time really fitting the zone XD
Back to top Go down
Slimetoad
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Slimetoad

PostSubject: Re: Slimetoad's randumb ideas   Slimetoad's randumb ideas - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 10:47 am

Hehe Razz

Wanted to do something that followed the idea of dangerous mirrors, and that would be POTENTIALLY dangerous instead of downright deadly like everythign else in that temple!
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Slimetoad's randumb ideas   Slimetoad's randumb ideas - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 1:58 am

I'd like to add the Dispaelot if you agree with the disclaimer Smile
I might just change a bit the name ^^
Back to top Go down
Slimetoad
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Slimetoad

PostSubject: Re: Slimetoad's randumb ideas   Slimetoad's randumb ideas - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 2:41 am

Sure!
Back to top Go down
Slimetoad
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Slimetoad

PostSubject: Re: Slimetoad's randumb ideas   Slimetoad's randumb ideas - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 4:16 am

Sadotoo

A marabou-like bird identifiable by its vibrant red-blue skin and leather-like feathers. Sadotoos are typically found around the Thornlodge and have overcome the horrific poison of the gigantic plant by developing absurdly thick skin and inmunity to pain. Indeed, they have made a living of foraging for fruit and poisoned creatures among the deadly spines, and it is not uncommon to see individuals embedded with thorns everywhere in their bodies, completely oblivious to it. This also makes them particularly dangerous to threaten; with no sensation of pain Sadatoos are fearless daredevils, relentlessly attacking despite resistance and often ignoring grave injuries until they literally drop dead
Back to top Go down
Slimetoad
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Slimetoad

PostSubject: Re: Slimetoad's randumb ideas   Slimetoad's randumb ideas - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 10:49 am

Rot Hand

This large and unnerving mushroom is so called for its resemblance to a ghoulish human hand, complete with a texture similar to raw meat and blood-like secretions that are actually laced with spores. Its odor is incredibly rancid and nauseating to humanoids and most other creatures, but strangely it has the opposite effect on tauric predators, making even the most savage specimens calm and almost harmless as long as they can smell it. Thus, shredded Rot Hands are used in the preparation of special smoke bombs to distract giant predators, but their scarcity and the unwillingness of many to stand the horrible smell prevents them from being a common occurrence
Back to top Go down
Slimetoad
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Slimetoad

PostSubject: Re: Slimetoad's randumb ideas   Slimetoad's randumb ideas - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 3:28 pm

Mist Thumper

Found primarily in the Kjol Cliffs, the Mist Thumpers are notoriously odd creatures around 18 feet tall, with dry skin reminiscent of gourds, and almost humanoid except for their completely flat and shovel-like heads, making them appear like anthropomorphic flatworms. Constantly wandering the mountains, they react aggressively to other humanoids in the vicinity and will attempt to pursue and smash them flat on sight, even thought the Thumpers feed only on plants. For reasons unknown, Mist Thumpers grow faster and more active when exposed to sunlight, being clumsy and slow otherwise. Whenever the Cliffs shine with their blinding light, it is generally recommended to avoid exploring them.

A rumor the local harpies often spread is that getting smashed by a Mist Thumper leaves you waking up in one of the several Heavenly realms, something obviously no one wants to try first hand
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Slimetoad's randumb ideas   Slimetoad's randumb ideas - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 11:27 am

Rot Hand is kinda creepy, and Sadotoo sounds like they had problems evolving XD but I like it.

Your ideas are getting more bizarre now. I remember when they were really close to earth-like animals. ^^
Back to top Go down
Slimetoad
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Slimetoad

PostSubject: Re: Slimetoad's randumb ideas   Slimetoad's randumb ideas - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 12:39 pm

I like mixing things up from time to time : P the Rot Hand is based on real-life stinkhorn fungi, which really have a texture like rotten meat and stink to high heaven
Back to top Go down
Slimetoad
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Slimetoad

PostSubject: Re: Slimetoad's randumb ideas   Slimetoad's randumb ideas - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 3:01 am

Fishbrat

Baby-sized, shimmering metallic insectoids with long hairy antennae, the Fishbrats are only found within the vast halls of the Muroyo Library and are believed to be a form of silverfish, changed in size and shape by the magic saturating the locale. Scuttling around in short, energetic bursts, these creatures can and will eat any organic substance they get their little claws on, but prefer wood, paper and glue above all things and are often seen nibbling on the ancient books, somehow ignoring the risks they usually have. While this technically makes them pests, fairies prefer to leave Fishbrats alone, for they absorb the magic of the countless books they eat, giving them completely unpredictable powers they'll unleash if scared. Fortunately for visitors, Fishbrats are very shy and nervous creatures that make their best to not be seen, making direct confrontation very unlikely

Fishbrats are usually bronze in color, but rarely one will come across silvery individuals, the spotting of which regularly-visiting fairies consider a good omen

Last edited by Slimetoad on Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
EvilGenius
Marauder of the deep jungle

PostSubject: Re: Slimetoad's randumb ideas   Slimetoad's randumb ideas - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 10:39 am

I love this idea, I just think you should come up with a more creative name than just rip it from their species model.
Back to top Go down
Slimetoad
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Slimetoad

PostSubject: Re: Slimetoad's randumb ideas   Slimetoad's randumb ideas - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 11:12 am

Oh wow, i didn't know there was an actual SPECIES called firebrat. I thouight it was just a local name o. o;

I'll change it then!
Back to top Go down
EvilGenius

PostSubject: Re: Slimetoad's randumb ideas   Slimetoad's randumb ideas - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 11:51 am

Yeah, firebrats are their own species, though they are commonly confused with silverfish. Same family, different species.
Back to top Go down
McKindle
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
McKindle

PostSubject: Re: Slimetoad's randumb ideas   Slimetoad's randumb ideas - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 1:53 pm

Awesome idea man, could present a real challenge for the more studious characters in our midst!
Back to top Go down
Slimetoad
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Slimetoad

PostSubject: Re: Slimetoad's randumb ideas   Slimetoad's randumb ideas - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 4:40 pm

Corrozhug

About eight feet long and four at the shoulder, these greyish bat-like flyers are found all across the Mist Ocean but are only active during storms or exceptionally foggy days, for it gives them appropiate cover towards possible prey. Toothless, they hunt by swooping down on smaller creatures and vomiting a stream of flesh-melting acid, reducing them after several assaults into bubbling masses of of liquified tissue they'll eagerly lap up. In large numbers, they're said to have lain waste to entire exploration groups.

When not hunting, Corrozhugs stick to the ground and keep themselves hidden, with family groups taking residence in enormous hollow logs
Back to top Go down
Slimetoad
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Slimetoad

PostSubject: Re: Slimetoad's randumb ideas   Slimetoad's randumb ideas - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 3:35 am

Vismurnid

Somewhere between a frog-skinned mole rat and a spider monkey, the Vismurnid from Gaieochos is excellently adapted to the bizarre gravity of the island and can maneuver in every position imaginable, even with its limbs flipped backwards. About the size of a full-grown human, they can be found all over the coastline and specially the Seidon Rises, foraging for fish and aquatic plants. Their short jaws posses teeth as strong as iron, and they can focus their entire musculature on their bite alone, allowing them to carve shelters out of rock and giant trees with ease, as well as seriously injure possible attackers. They're even known to ocassionally mob and feast on mermaids, crippling them with powerful bites to the spine.

Vismurnids have a taste for local hard-shelled clams and specially love crunching them open. Their communal dens are often littered with these remains, and they have a penchant for throwing them at trespassers as much for a warning as out of sheer amusement

Last edited by Slimetoad on Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ilceren
Ilceren

PostSubject: Re: Slimetoad's randumb ideas   Slimetoad's randumb ideas - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 7:24 am

Wow, you sure have lots and lots of ideas. It will take a while to read all of them, so I'll comment on the latest ones.

The Corrozhugs give me the creeps, honestly. How big are them? Because they must produce a lot of acid for hunting, since probably half of it or more would not hit the prey. You know, aerial toss of liquid is not a very effective means of attack unless you have a pretty big reserve or fly very very low.

I like the image you give about Vismurnids, specially how they mob on Mermaids, but the part about the bites bugs me. "[...] and they can focusing their entire musculature on their bite alone" What does that mean? At first, I thought you meant they only had muscles around the mouth to bite, but then again, they do have limbs, so I'm confused.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Slimetoad's randumb ideas   Slimetoad's randumb ideas - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 4:45 am

great ideas here ^^
I really like the Fishbrat. You imagined a creature well adapted to its environment, annoying but in the same time you prefer to ignore it because of its defense mechanism which is unique .
Nice job Smile
Back to top Go down
Slimetoad
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Slimetoad

PostSubject: Re: Slimetoad's randumb ideas   Slimetoad's randumb ideas - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 6:50 am

Thanks Smile

And Ikeren, that essentially means its bite is so powerful it will break your arm in two!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slimetoad's randumb ideas   Slimetoad's randumb ideas - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Slimetoad's randumb ideas
Page 10 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next