Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Some new flora

Go down 
+40
Ilceren
TheLightLost
Feadraug
itsmeyouidiot
thejackle123
Sehoolighan
Anime-Junkie
tkh1304
VenomX3000
Jasconius
AisuKaiko
PrinnyDood
French snack
Saironthis
Jætte_Troll
Stabs
NewMars
Oldman40k2003
Archmage_Bael
/Fish/
Goldclaw
pirostyle
Reptillian
Malahite
Nervan
GREGOLE
Tuc135
thegreatanda
MukatKiKaarn
Googlememan
Shady Knight
melancholy-melody13
The Rev
Silent_eric
Raetsu Lord Pichu
gwadahunter2222
Ewin
Karbo
Feign
Haar
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Googlememan
Survivor
Survivor
Googlememan

Some new flora - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some new flora   Some new flora - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 2:18 pm

Fire Lily

this plant is a exspecialy rare flower.It grows near the entrace of the Great Cave.When held the flower will amit a red glow right before the user is envalipte in a blue flame.These plants number are numbering in the 100's because of it being a hot accesarie in Felarya

(srry for being so short.i wrote this on my Nintedo Wii)
Back to top Go down
http://DecepticonBarricade.deviantart.com/
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Some new flora   Some new flora - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 6:28 pm

Nice ideas ^_^

I especially liked the tastimus. The idea is original, well described and makes lot of sense in Felarya Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Silent_eric
Silent_eric

PostSubject: Re: Some new flora   Some new flora - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 7:24 am

Righto! Through sheer concentration, I came up with plant ideas while not doing yard work! Yes!

Fairy Trap
A small, harmless looking plant. It releases a scent like a human from it's bell shaped flowers. When wind blows over the plant, the sound also mimics the voice of a shrunken human calling for help. When an investigating fairy comes by, the plant strikes! The flower snaps shut around the fairy and drains the fairy's magic power. Then it sets to work slowly digesting the poor fairy. Fairy hunters have begun using this plant to great effect.

Bowl Flower
A large bowl shaped flower that collects rain water. It has a curious effect of chilling and purifying any water that collects within it. Thirsty travelers can always find clean water in this plant. In fact, some explorers pour water into the flower to purify it, and refridgerate it. For this reason, the nickname for this plant is the ‘Jungle Fridge.’

Elori
Another flower, this rare bright red plant is harvested whenever found for it's potent effect. Whoever drinks the necter of the elori will find that not only is it delicious, but magic effects are doubled upon them for several days. This comes in handy for magical healers, who use it to reduce the amount of time it takes for their patients to get better. It can also be used by combat mages to secretly feed their opponents so that they may more easily win, or on themselves to bolster their magical protections. In fact, this plant was used to great effect by fairies during several of their wars with the many insects that sometimes try encroach on their territory. Use of elori nector is the one of the few ways that creatures on whom magic normaly has no effect can be effected. Even still, magic only works half as well on them when compared to an average species.

Gripper Vine
An odd plant made entirely of moving vines. Whenever a creature passes by, the vines will attempt to grab and pull them closer. While several plants do this, what makes the gripper different is that it doesn't digest it's victims. In fact, it's not carniverous at all. It just holds it's prey close and doesn't let go. The only way to get out of it's grip, other than if you happen to have superhuman strength, is to water it. When watered, the whole plant goes limp, letting all who have been captured go free. Of course, if a traveler doesn't have any water, or doesn't think to water the vines, they'll be stuck until the inevitable predator comes by.

Wow. I thought of lot this time. ^^
Back to top Go down
http://silenteric.deviantart.com/
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Some new flora   Some new flora - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 12:02 pm

Ohh I really loved the bowl flower idea Razz

I added some of them Wink
Back to top Go down
Silent_eric
Silent_eric

PostSubject: Re: Some new flora   Some new flora - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 5:07 am

Well I really like the new name you gave it. Cool Oxalis fits it much better.
But following the same vein as the that plant, here is a essential plant for the foraging explorer on the go.

Stam root

A common and easy to harvest white root that is found almost anywhere plants grow in Felarya. Ewsy to find due to it's unique pale pink leaves that grow up from the ground, the roots can be eaten raw for a mildly palatable meal. Stam roots fill it's consumer with seemingly boundless energy, and are very helpful for tired, hungry travelers. Beware, as the pink leaves are slightly poisonous, and taste horrible too.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Some new flora   Some new flora - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 5:41 pm

A simple but nice idea. I like it Razz
Back to top Go down
Silent_eric
Silent_eric

PostSubject: Re: Some new flora   Some new flora - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 11:02 am

Well, I was thinking (I can't stop doing that!) and I realized that while we have many plants now, we have no trees. Jungle/Forest worlds like Felarya are likely to have a lot of trees I'd think. But never fear, for I've got a plethora of interesting trees to choose from. Let's take a gander shall we?

Telltale Tree
A deciduous tree found almost anywhere in Felarya. It produces a citrus-like fruit that beats constantly, much like a heart, when fresh. The Telltale Fruit tastes tangy and delicious, but the sensation of eating a pulsating fruit is enough to make most a tad queasy.

Berkewood
The leaves and branches of the Berkewood mimic the passing clouds above.

Fainting Trees
Forty foot trees that are unable to withstand excessive noise or motion within a ten-foot radius. If that barrier is crossed, the Fainting Trees fall over for about an hour before righting itself again. Needless to say, a grove of fainting trees is a dangerous place to be in unless you can be really slow and quiet.
Back to top Go down
Silent_eric
Silent_eric

PostSubject: Re: Some new flora   Some new flora - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 11:25 am

Three more!

Drakewillow
The fruit of the Drakewillow tree is a particular favorite of many of the races in Felarya. Its named the Dragonapple because of its fiery bite. It has been described as being "maidenly to the mouth, yet boisterous in the belly" and "a bit like cinnamon".
The Dragonapple is the primary ingredient in Dragonapple juice and Dragonapple wine And Dagonapplesauce
Arrow Take note
Dragonapple Latkes
Also known as D'Latkes, this is not a plant, but an avian creature which in some ways resembles a goose, but with a long, snakelike, reptilian neck, and a long gaping maw filled with row after row of razor sharp teeth.
A D'Latke will wrap its powerful neck around a Drakewillow tree and shake loose all the dragonapples. After that it will hide and use it's long neck to reach down and subdue and consume the woodland creatures, or passing travelers who stop to partake of the fruit on the ground.

Omni Fruit Tree
A miraculous type of tree that grows every single kind of fruit (even those not considered fruit, like tomatoes and cucumbers, because they are, in fact, fruits) in addition to its own fruit. It is extremely rare, growing only in pleasantly effervescent waters, appearing mysteriously only during certain lunar phases. It is actually sentient and is easily offended, which usually results in the offensive person who tries to take a fruit without asking tied by vines and left out for the first predator who passes by. Their wood is a beautiful deep skyblue.

Xmas Tree
A beautiful but deadly tree that grows in the colder snowy parts of Felarya. During a certain time of the year it becomes much more common. It is an evergreen that has naturally occurring fruit on its branches. The fruit have bioluminescent bacteria inside them that causes them to shine in a multitude of colors. When prey approaches to inspect the glow, the Xmas Tree snatches them up with powerful mobile branches and digests them. On a certain day, the Xmas Tree is said to be docile, and releases all the undigestible equipment, leaving them under it's branchs for anyone to take.
Back to top Go down
Silent_eric
Silent_eric

PostSubject: Re: Some new flora   Some new flora - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 11:31 am

The last three. Yay!

Floodwood Trees
Floodwood Trees are a very peculiar type of tree that survives purely on water. It needs no rich soils in order to grow, just incredibly huge amounts of water. Thus, these trees can sometimes be found floating sideways in oceans and lakes, still growing and in fact prospering there. Most of the time, however, they are found growing in the sand or mud on shorelines, in areas where the body of water keeps the land mostly saturated all day long. The trees grow no leaves, and look fairly dead-looking because of it. Their wood, also, shrivels into a useless mass when dried, making it completely useless for construction purposes. Shipwrecked sailors who ride a floodwood tree home are considered extrememly blessed and lucky.

Limpobo Tree
Tall spindly trees which are topped by a web of bright green densely intertwined fiberous leaves. Baby Limpobo trees make excellent umbrellas because they can be easily plucked from the loose soil in which they grow, and are quite sturdy. Fully grown Limpobo trees provide ample shade and so are popular in the gardens found in many human cities. Large predators have been known to pull up a grown limpobo tree and use it in the same way as their prey does.

Suggestive Coconut tree
Has recently been seen growing around the home of Vivian the naga. The tree gets it's name from... Forget it. I'm not going to explain this one. I'm sure you can figure it out yourself.
Back to top Go down
Haar
Great warrior
Great warrior
Haar

PostSubject: Re: Some new flora   Some new flora - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 11:31 am

Bladeleaf Tree:

An average looking tree (well, average for Felarya, as even the smallest of them are generally well over 150 ft tall), these trees have a very thick covering of unique leaves. Each leaf is razor-sharp, rumored to be able to cut through rock with enough force. They might make for good knives or daggers, if not for the fact that they become limp, like a regular leaf, ten or so minutes after they are removed from the tree. Shaking a Bladeleaf Tree is a good way to get yourself sliced to ribbons. It is rumored that the Bladeleaf Tree grows, under its very thick covering of leaves, a very special, if bland tasting, fruit that causes the skin to refract light for a short amount of time, making the consumer all but invisible. It is unknown whether this rumor is true, as no one with an ounce of common sense wants to stick their arms through a bunch of razor-sharp leaves to find out.
Back to top Go down
http://haar.deviantart.com/
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Some new flora   Some new flora - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 11:48 am

Oh my god, so many good ideas here !

*write on list* lol!
Back to top Go down
melancholy-melody13
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
melancholy-melody13

PostSubject: Re: Some new flora   Some new flora - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 3:24 pm

Silent_eric wrote:

Fainting Trees
Forty foot trees that are unable to withstand excessive noise or motion within a ten-foot radius. If that barrier is crossed, the Fainting Trees fall over for about an hour before righting itself again. Needless to say, a grove of fainting trees is a dangerous place to be in unless you can be really slow and quiet.

Violet should be kept FAR away from these XD she would down a whole forest in a matter of minutes.
But yes brilliant Ideas all of them! I'm very impressed that they're all so unique! great job ^^
Back to top Go down
http://melancholy-melody.deviantart.com/
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Some new flora   Some new flora - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 3:28 pm

hahaha XD

Seriously I really love this idea, these trees have lot of comedic potential Razz
Back to top Go down
Silent_eric
Silent_eric

PostSubject: Re: Some new flora   Some new flora - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 10:22 am

Great Googly Jesus! This has to be the most enthusiastic reply I've gotten for an idea. Let alone a plant idea. Now to personalize my thanks.

Karbo wrote:
Oh my god, so many good ideas here !
*write on list* lol!
Thanky Karbo. Glad that some of them are good enough to be in the wiki. I threw enough pitches that I was sure at least some would be hits. lol!

Moonlight-pendent wrote:
Violet should be kept FAR away from these XD she would down a whole forest in a matter of minutes.
But yes brilliant Ideas all of them! I'm very impressed that they're all so unique! great job ^^
Well thank you. Thankfully, the trees are much smaller than her, so she could talk down trees till the humans come home. Which one was your favorite if you don't mind me asking?

Karbo wrote:
hahaha XD

Seriously I really love this idea, these trees have lot of comedic potential Razz
Thanks again Karbo. Somehow, now that I'm out of school for a week, I'm just busting with ideas! And you know me. I'm all about comedic potential.
Back to top Go down
Silent_eric
Silent_eric

PostSubject: Re: Some new flora   Some new flora - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 10:30 am

Speaking of ideas, I just had another.

Enigma Root
Bill the Negav scientist wrote:
We know it does something, and it's probably something amazing, but in the meantime it makes a good side dish.
Enigma root gets its name from the fact that it only grows in places of considerable supernatural power. Healing springs, enchanted forests, cursed mountains, many locations in Fairy Kingdom and other such places are the natural habitat of enigma root. As a result, it was long believed that enigma root itself must contain some sort of power. Years upon years of research went into unlocking the secrets of this plant which would only grow in the presence of the supernatural. During this time, it gained the name "enigma root" to signify its mysterious nature.
Eventually, the conclusion was reached that enigma root has no special properties and just likes to grow in enchanted places for whatever reason.
Still, enigma root is pretty tasty when boiled. It has a very savory flavor and goes well with thick sauces or stews. While used by many of the races around Felarya, it is specifically known as one of the few vegetables which Fairies will touch (although still not without a human on the side).
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Some new flora   Some new flora - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 10:42 am

Gravity Tree:

This tree grows a special accorn that disrupts the gravity of whoever eats it. It's can screw up its center of gravity, makes him extremely heavy, extremely light, reverse its gravity(walks on ceilings), or collapse like a black hole lasting 5 seconds. The effect is random though, except the last one, it all lasts for a couple of hours.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
melancholy-melody13
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
melancholy-melody13

PostSubject: Re: Some new flora   Some new flora - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 9:08 pm

[quote="Silent_eric"]
Well thank you. Thankfully, the trees are much smaller than her, so she could talk down trees till the humans come home. Which one was your favorite if you don't mind me asking?quote]

Suggestive coconut tree of course!! XD WOOO!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://melancholy-melody.deviantart.com/
Silent_eric
Silent_eric

PostSubject: Re: Some new flora   Some new flora - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 9:23 am

Somehow, I think I knew you'd say that one. XP

Ahh, the majestic Suggestive Coconut Tree. Unlike other, Less Suggestive Coconut Trees, the SCT's coconuts are smooth and soft as opposed to hard and hairy. And they are filled with delicious coconut milk that can be harvested by...

Ahem. I think you get the idea.
But if you like the Suggestive Coconut Tree, you might like the;

Long-Term Commitment Fern
A species of gigantic fern native to Felarya. It senses movement via air-currents and stubbornly latches onto anything that passes by. Why is a mystery, as it doesn't seem to benefit from it in any way.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Some new flora   Some new flora - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 9:29 am

*imagine a kind of tree vibrating on certain circumstances, sought by Vivian for some reasons* XD
Back to top Go down
Silent_eric
Silent_eric

PostSubject: Re: Some new flora   Some new flora - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 9:36 am

Karbo wrote:
*imagine a kind of tree vibrating on certain circumstances, sought by Vivian for some reasons* XD

Oh God! Now I can't stop thinking of it! Some variation of the Fainting Tree I guess? The Shivering Tree maybe?

My poor brain.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Some new flora   Some new flora - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 9:46 am

Lol go for it then XD
Back to top Go down
Silent_eric
Silent_eric

PostSubject: Re: Some new flora   Some new flora - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 9:58 am

Suspect ... You're asking me to... Embarassed Fine! I'll make your illicit tree. Lessee here.

Shivering Tree
A tall, thick, branchless tree that grows in several rare secluded areas. It is so named because the entire tree shakes and vibrates wildly whenever something larger than itself comes near. Shivering tree seeds are widely sought after by many large females in Felarya for some reason. They say Vivian the naga has been searching high and low for one as soon as she had heard of them.
Back to top Go down
Haar
Great warrior
Great warrior
Haar

PostSubject: Re: Some new flora   Some new flora - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 10:47 am

Ok, since we're on this subject, I'll add something related:

Crunierlon:

A rather unremarkable tree in outward appearance, this uncommon tree has a very unusual sap. Any skin surface the sap of this tree is applied to will become hyper-sensitive for close to an hour. People who get the sap on them have their skin become so sensitive that they often say they can feel each and every speck of dust that settles on them. Some swordsmen will apply a coating of Crunierlon sap to their blades to make their slashes more painful to their opponents. The naga Vivian is said to collect the sap for.....'other' uses.
Back to top Go down
http://haar.deviantart.com/
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Some new flora   Some new flora - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 11:01 am

Silent_eric wrote:
Suspect ... You're asking me to... Embarassed Fine! I'll make your illicit tree. Lessee here..

Ah well I would have seen more a tree that seem respectable at first, with its special particularity hidden in another more obvious and "normal" purpose but which can be used "alternatively" by Vivian Laughing

Haar : ohh nice one and interesting multiple uses Razz
Back to top Go down
MukatKiKaarn
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
MukatKiKaarn

PostSubject: Re: Some new flora   Some new flora - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 12:32 pm

Karbo wrote:
Silent_eric wrote:
Suspect ... You're asking me to... Embarassed Fine! I'll make your illicit tree. Lessee here..

Ah well I would have seen more a tree that seem respectable at first, with its special particularity hidden in another more obvious and "normal" purpose but which can be used "alternatively" by Vivian Laughing

Haar : ohh nice one and interesting multiple uses Razz

Definitely... my mind just went about a hundred different places, a third of which were not safe for work. XD I think the sap idea is pretty sound. Lots of lotions and creams have 'reputable' uses as well as more sexual or criminal ones in the real world.
Back to top Go down
http://mukatkikaarn.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some new flora   Some new flora - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some new flora
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next