Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad

Go down 
+34
Sigurd
Valerian
Venom Agato
CrisisOperations
Metagenic
Darth_Nergal
DarkOne
Thywolf
Merku
Boris92
MetaSkipper
Mortis
/Fish/
The Ultimate
CaptainKing
world_slayer
AzureJass
vore4life99
Krisexy26
Nyaha
Zhivago
Jasconius
Asuroth
dlausactor6373
Archmage_Bael
TheArchvile
ZionAtriedes
zersergathant
sparkythechu
luke112
rcs619
gwadahunter2222
Anime-Junkie
Pendragon
38 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad Empty
PostSubject: Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad   Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 4:57 am

I've always wondered if you guys ever had a thing in a certain video game that made you angry enough to punch through a wall. I'm not talking about accidentally wasting a potion or beating up a common Pokemon when you wanted to catch. I'm talking about things developers do that are intentional dick moves. AKA making it so you miss a rare item and can't get it again.

I'll start.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad   Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 6:48 am

I don't get mad at video games. However, there are some things that irritate me, like the fact that Starcraft 2 showed no innovation.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad   Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 8:10 am

What irritates can be summed in three letters DLC and DRM
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad   Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 9:25 am

gwadahunter2222 wrote:
What irritates can be summed in three letters DLC and DRM

Ehh, DLC doesn't bother me if its done right.

Like, the DLC for Mass Effect 2 has been pretty worth it for the most part. New versions of the PS3 version come with a code to get you free weapons, extra missions (that had been seperate DLC on the PC version), and a feature that let you choose what happened in the first game (since the original Mass Effect is exclusive to the xbox and PC). Some of the extra weapon packs are pretty fun, and are cheap enough to be worth it, and extra missions like "Arrival" can add an extra hour and a half to two hours of gameplay.

Basically, if DLC is actually worth the price, its fine. I don't mind the "buy a new game to get a code for free DLC" ones, because I generally buy new anyways (unless a game is very old and there are no new versions).

The DLC I don't like are the on-disk unlocks, like the Street Fighter 4 alternate costumes, or the Blazblue: Continuuim Shift "DLC characters". Their character select boxes are ON the default character select screen with their portraits blacked out. We knew they were on the disk the whole time. I also don't like the "online pass" systems coming into effect now. DLC should add new features to a game, not lock key features (like multiplayer) just because someone decided to buy used.

Now, onto what makes ME mad. Where the hell are all the space games? Actually, where are all the sci-fi games in general? There's the Mass Effect series, but besides them, I don't know of any fully fleshed out sci-fi videogame that isn't an FPS where you just shoot at other humans (Killzone, Gears of War, etc). Honestly, where's the imagination? Where's the fully realized sci-fi settings? Where's the space ships? Where's the color? I don't think the future is going to be gray, green and greenish-gray.
Back to top Go down
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

PostSubject: Re: Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad   Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 11:50 am

OK time to vent some rage

While In general I very much enjoy the halo series but In reach there is one thing that irriates me to no end and its armor lock. I mean I cant tell you how many times on sword base where I come up the green lift after tossing a few nades up there to clear campers only to get up there and smack right into a enemy about to come out of armor lock and get a shotgun or energy sword or a melee to the face. I also hate it when People use it in close quarters battles by Going in to it when they are close to you and poping to kill you with either a hit or a shot to the head becasue armor lock relseases an EMP when the user come out which basicaly removes your sheild. And dont get me started on how cowards use the strange ablity to turn around super fast and hit you even when your behind them. Man and I thought the f&^%ing noob combo was annoying boy was i wrong. I mean sure Armor lock has its Good uses like throwing a plasma grenade off of you or stop a sword weilding Zealot from cutting you in half but thats only in campain. I think Bungie should have limited armor lock to Campain, Forge, FireFight, and custom games and not put it in multiplayer at all. I mean sure at the of Rank of Feild Marshal I have found ways to overcome these problems but on certian map like countdown or Reflection I still find this to be very irritating.

Ok my venting is done and my anger has passed.
Back to top Go down
sparkythechu
Survivor
Survivor
sparkythechu

PostSubject: Re: Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad   Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 1:23 pm

I had to restart an RPG...5 times mostly because I missed a holy blade...of which there are 5. Once, I glitched the game and had to restart because of that, and once had to because, in a display of ultimate douchbaggary, an awesome item, the Death Note, has the "Dark Chip" effect, namely, draining 10 HP every use in addition to inflicting damage. Now, that would have been fine, but it has NO MESSAGE telling you your HP has dropped, and it ends the fight instantly. I found out when my HP went for around 500 to 119. I had to restart that run, and another run was because I was WAY underleveled and missed items that may as well have been mandatory. Sadly, even after all that, I'm STILL trying to beat this ungodly hard game. It's just that addictive.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/BoltAscendent
zersergathant
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
zersergathant

PostSubject: Re: Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad   Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 2:46 pm

There's a long list:

- Getting screwed by RNG
- Losing my favorite characters in Fire Emblem
- My internet connection crapping out halfway through an online match where I'm actually winning
- Getting my ass kicked in fighting games
- Spending an hour scouring an area for a rare Pokemon and never finding the bloody thing
- As mentioned above, the lack of innovation and creativity in sci-fi games
- Trying to catch a legendary Pokemon and failing time and time again (CURSE YOU THUNDURUS)

Yeah, I'm kind of a rager when it comes to video games.
Back to top Go down
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

PostSubject: Re: Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad   Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 3:15 pm

rcs619 wrote:
Mass Effect
Told you that you'd like it. Now listen to me more often.

rcs619 wrote:
Now, onto what makes ME mad. Where the hell are all the space games? Actually, where are all the sci-fi games in general? There's the Mass Effect series, but besides them, I don't know of any fully fleshed out sci-fi videogame that isn't an FPS where you just shoot at other humans (Killzone, Gears of War, etc). Honestly, where's the imagination? Where's the fully realized sci-fi settings? Where's the space ships? Where's the color? I don't think the future is going to be gray, green and greenish-gray.
Video games have to make what the people will buy. A few fleshed-out, in-depth universes like Mass Effect and Dragon Age (I pretend DA2 doesn't exist) may make it, but only because companies like BioWare have core fanbases established back in the golden days of RPGs. Face it: video games have become mainstream, and were thus tainted by the sheer idiocy inherent in the majority of humanity. I don't mind shooters, but yeah, I'd like to see some attention diverted back to revitalizing new RPG innovations. The RPG/FPS blend in Mass Effect is interesting, and I'd like to see it expanded upon. Mostly, though, I agree that we need some more interesting, fleshed-out sci-fi universes that deviate away from worn-out tropes.

What makes me mad? Hm. Lots of things. Need I make a list?
Back to top Go down
TheArchvile
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
TheArchvile

PostSubject: Re: Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad   Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 3:52 pm

rcs619 wrote:

This! THIIIIS!
I mean seriously Game Industry, what. the. hell.
I want to fly a space ship in a game that isn't lame, is that too much to ask? nothing's ever filled the hole left by Freespace 2 - not one great space sim since!
I do love Mass Effect, and I'm totally pumped for the next one, but there's literally nothing else out there!
Oh there's EVE, which I've been playing for 6 years... Or 7, I don't know.

ok things that piss me off.
Well in EVE there's the usual assortment of cowards that do lame stuff but that's online so... Wait no: docking games - I hate those with a passion.
Glitches that make me have to play the whole game over from the beginning... Arghh!!! Mass effect 1 had one in an elevator that made me lose like 15+ hours.
Oh, long cutscenes you can't skip right before a boss you inevitably die multiple times on... Extra rage points if you have to have an interactive conversation before the fight starts.
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad   Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 4:50 pm

About DLC:
The one I estimate who makes good ones is Rockstar even it's more extensions.
About Bioware, I bought most of Dragon Age Origins DLC like Return to Ostagar, Leliana'song, witch hunt and Awakening, as the main game was fleshed-out, in-depth universe but the DLC gave me the feeling to be junkie buying some dose to satisfy his addiction, as they have many glitches and bugs, in addition there was no challenge when you are a high level.
Other game I bought DLC it's Arcade Edition of SuperStreet Fighter 4 and the two ones of Castlevania, the former was interesting as it bought some change to the games mechanic and new characters, but I won't buy the costume pack as I estimate it takes the customers for cash cow because in the previous generations they were includes as the map pack in Call of Duty and many shooters. The Castlevania Lords of Shadow DLC are interesting in term of stories and if you like the main games but after your fanboyism calm down you notice it could be made into one content and the feeling of junkie appears.

Other things that piss me off is summed by these comics:
this:
Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad 459

Have direct consequence the gear score or level the last things which makes people are more retarded in MMORPG like WoW and make sure Blizzard will always have no problem of money
Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad 554

As WoW continue the less it looks to the original material:
Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad 463

what disgust me in how shooters evolve.
Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad 542

People in MMORPG
Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad 508

Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad 503

Thinking healing and Tanking is very complicate and let the less skilled and noobs fill the gap as you are more competent
Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad 499

The genius idea of Blizzard to make money
Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad 487

How romance evolve in Bioware games
Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad 481

And how futile to be the top player of the server.
Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad 460

You can find more here
Sorry to this image filled post with image but they are better than long line of text. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad   Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 7:40 pm

ZionAtriedes wrote:
rcs619 wrote:
Mass Effect
Told you that you'd like it. Now listen to me more often.

I have the same problem with people Zion Razz

DLC as I view it is fine, up until the point where they charge $5 for something really small.

The most frustrating thing has to be that some times I can't even play a game on my 360 because I'm not connected to the internet - even when the saved games and data are read offline (from my hard drive) in the first place!
Back to top Go down
dlausactor6373
Great warrior
Great warrior
dlausactor6373

PostSubject: Re: Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad   Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 9:14 pm

DNF. 'Nuff said.
Back to top Go down
Asuroth
Marauder of the deep jungle
Marauder of the deep jungle
Asuroth

PostSubject: Re: Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad   Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 11:21 pm

Dear gods, those comics made me laugh so much with how much truth they show- especially the WoW ones. Damn you holy cows, some things should never have happened (like gnomes existing at all...darn gnomes). Also much agreement in the lack of anything new terms of any real development for sci-fi games, I do enjoy fantasy RPG stuff a bit but a breather for a real good sci-fi one would be awesome.

Anyways my personal pet peeves?

-Overly gratuitous use of instant death spikes/traps (I'm glaring at you Mega Man X6)
- The not so optional side upgrade to actually be able to play through the game. Of course, there may be multiple mandatory 'side grades' which also must be gotten to have a chance in hell.
-'That Boss' , aka Nightmare Mother in Xtreme difficulty (X6 again)...screw the final boss, that thing took the cake in it. I gave up playing fair and broke out all the upgrades to kill it. There are some bosses which I enjoy just for difficulty and a good fair fight, but then there are the cheese bosses who just know how to piss me off.
-Stunlocks of any kind in any game, just cause I LOVE sitting there and watching my guy die a slow and painful death that once it's begun I have no way out of.
-The RNG as mentioned before, I still call it the Retarded Number Generator. It is not random in how cruel it can be. How can it take a whole freaking year for the item to drop ONCE and then never again!?!?
-The achievement system (in anything). It seemed a neat idea at first, but then it just got old an annoying with it spamming stuff for even breathing pretty much.
Back to top Go down
http://asuroth.deviantart.com/
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad   Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 5:09 am

Well, this thread took an interesting direction, but regardless, all good reasons to be miffed.

Another thing that makes me mad, now that I'm here, is the fact that most games like to hang on Cliffhangers these days. It's a cheap way to cash in on a sequel, and it practically doomed Megaman Legends 3 to an eternity of incompletion.
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad   Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 7:18 am

Pendragon wrote:
Well, this thread took an interesting direction, but regardless, all good reasons to be miffed.

Another thing that makes me mad, now that I'm here, is the fact that most games like to hang on Cliffhangers these days. It's a cheap way to cash in on a sequel, and it practically doomed Megaman Legends 3 to an eternity of incompletion.

Cliffhangars are fine... IF you've already planned out your games to be a series already.

Tacking on a random cliffhangar to a game that isn't guaranteed a sequel is just stupid. Movies do the same thing. Skyline ended on a cliffhangar, but do you think it'll ever get that sequel? lol, nope.
Back to top Go down
Jasconius
Survivor
Survivor
Jasconius

PostSubject: Re: Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad   Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 7:34 am

Pre-order content bonuses. Why are so many games doing this now? Take the GoW series, in all the past titles, one could unlock extra skins via skill or completing specific tasks/difficulties. In GoW 3, there is only one unlockable skin that can be got via completing the game. All the other four or five can only be gotten by pre-ordering the game.

Sure the bonus features aren't necessary for the games, but one shouldn't be forced to pre-order the game just to get them.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad   Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 8:04 am

So people who preorder, who take the risk of buying a game before there are any reviews have something to show for it.
They're just skins, it's not like they effect the gameplay.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad   Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 8:25 am

Anime-Junkie wrote:
So people who preorder, who take the risk of buying a game before there are any reviews have something to show for it.
They're just skins, it's not like they effect the gameplay.

Yeah, preorder bonuses aren't that bad if...

A: They're actually worth it
and
B: Are released later on as DLC (or earned in game) so that everyone has a shot at them

Like, the special edition of Mass Effect 3 comes with so much stuff. I never buy special editions, but I'll probably get that one.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad   Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 12:53 pm

I agree, the skins you get via pre-order should be EXTRA skins, not the normal stuff, like in fable 3 - you could only get "long hair" hairstyle via a similar thing I believe.

Mass Effect 3
-70-page hardbound art book (color)
-Limited edition Mass Effect comic by Dark Horse Comics
-Fabric N7 patch.
-Exclusive 4x6 lithographic print of the SR-2 Alliance Normandy
-Additional in-game content including
-N7 Arsenal Pack - Bring the firepower with the N7 Sniper Rifle, Shotgun, SMG, and Pistol.
-Squad alternate appearance pack
-Robotic Dog for on board the Normandy
-Mass Effect 3 digital soundtrack.

...and there's more I think.
Back to top Go down
Zhivago
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer
Zhivago

PostSubject: Re: Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad   Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 9:48 am

I'm gonna deviate from the DLC and Pre-order premise for a sec.(sorry for breaking the chain and many are valid points.) Personally, it's things like when you're playing a game and it completely changes controls on you for one mission and my example is Metro 2033. During the only escort mission in the game you have to carry a child to safety which causes your gun to waver to and fro while aiming. It makes sense but when mutant rats climb out of holes everywhere it's not very helpful. And back to the DLC front, if a DLC adds to the story or gives some neat loot I don't mind but some things like the "Skill Packs" for Dead Rising 2 frankly annoyed me, they seemed pointless and mediocre. I think I'm done ranting for now.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad   Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 12:06 pm

For me, It's a thing they did with the Sengoku Basara series. Actually, a number of things.

First, when they released the first title overseas, they changed the title and took out all references to the Sengoku Era, and apparently, the game wasn't that great.

Then, with the second installment, they never released it overseas at all.

Then they released the third installment, which is AMAZING, but now they threaten not to bring over the expansion to Sengoku Basara 3 overseas becase apparently, it didn't sell that well, and what do they expect when they did the first two things AND never advertised?! DX Basically they've cheated us in North America out of a great series!
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
Zhivago
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer
Zhivago

PostSubject: Re: Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad   Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 12:15 pm

I can understand that, they almost screwed over the Monster Hunter series. They did jack-diddly for any of the games even though they are actually quite popular. Still remember seeing the only advertisement for it was in OPM back in 2005.
Back to top Go down
sparkythechu
Survivor
Survivor
sparkythechu

PostSubject: Re: Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad   Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 3:02 pm

Lack. Of. Export. Boktai 3, No More Heroes remake, KH remakes, ect. I HATE not having releases. Especially on something I want to play. MH3G Had BETTER get a release overseas. It's already on my to buy list when (if) it comes out. Nothing is as bad as a cool game not making it. Also, something I find worse is limited releases for something that it makes sense that people would want. (Metroid Prime Trilogy, I'm looking at you.) Additionally, series left hanging. Viewtiful Joe, a REALLY cool series, and one of my favorites, was planned from the very beginning to be a trilogy. Then, sales were low, and they canceled the third game. (Each ended on a cliffhanger.) A few years later, sales skyrocketed. A squeal NOW? Nope.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/BoltAscendent
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

PostSubject: Re: Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad   Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 3:26 pm

when theres too many combos to remember...

I played Mortal Kombat vs DC universe not too long ago. i wanted to do a finish him - never worked. same thing for a special combo in fight :/
Back to top Go down
http://krisexy26.deviantart.com/
vore4life99
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
vore4life99

PostSubject: Re: Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad   Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 6:39 am

rcs619 wrote:

Halo.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad   Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next