Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad

Go down 
+34
Sigurd
Valerian
Venom Agato
CrisisOperations
Metagenic
Darth_Nergal
DarkOne
Thywolf
Merku
Boris92
MetaSkipper
Mortis
/Fish/
The Ultimate
CaptainKing
world_slayer
AzureJass
vore4life99
Krisexy26
Nyaha
Zhivago
Jasconius
Asuroth
dlausactor6373
Archmage_Bael
TheArchvile
ZionAtriedes
zersergathant
sparkythechu
luke112
rcs619
gwadahunter2222
Anime-Junkie
Pendragon
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad   Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 8:50 am

The XBOX kinda wins since you aren't forced to use a touchpad, or pay a trillion dollars for a trinket Steve Job's ghost will just release again in a year.

Back to top Go down
MetaSkipper
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
MetaSkipper

PostSubject: Re: Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad   Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 8:11 am

Rage quitters. Accept the loss, man.
Back to top Go down
Boris92
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
Boris92

PostSubject: Re: Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad   Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 1:59 pm

There's this one part in Dead Rising 2 where you have to go to a club. However, you're told to wait until the right time to go there. When is the right time? When you're on the exact opposite side of the map helping some survivors get to the safe house. How much time do you have? Maybe 10 minutes to get there AND kill the two psycho ladies that do not stop attacking. At all. You have to choose between decent weapons or non-alcoholic health items, because there is nothing but alcohol in that room. The women MIGHT leave you alone with 1 blinking square of health left so you can run around and get drinks that heal 1 or 2 boxes each, or if you're lucky a bottle of whatever that heals you completely, and the chicks run back and slice you up some more with their swords that interrupt EVERYTHING you do. And good luck trying that mission again if you have all of one saved game from right before you entered that door, unless you feel like doing everything after the game show again. Including, but not limited to, dealing with the psycho on the chainsaw bike, and finding all of that Zombrex again.

Or maybe that's just me.
Back to top Go down
sparkythechu
Survivor
Survivor
sparkythechu

PostSubject: Re: Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad   Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 9:54 am

Games requiring real time to pass, bonus points if it's an MMO and/or has a way to avoid it that uses real money, games that require other people to have it (Four Swords, Prime 3 if you want all the items), and anytime a developer learns about skill requiring sequence breaking, which is a choice to use and usually requires more skill than playing normally, and removes it. If anything, it added replay value.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/BoltAscendent
Merku
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Merku

PostSubject: Re: Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad   Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 1:16 pm

Invisable walls. Enough said.
Back to top Go down
Thywolf
Great warrior
Great warrior
Thywolf

PostSubject: Re: Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad   Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 2:44 pm

Merku wrote:
Invisable walls. Enough said.
what's that, my objective is at the bottom of this cliff, in a world with no fall damage? WHY THE FUCK DO I HAVE TO RUN AROUND THIS INVISIBLE FUCKING WALL!

FORCED GODDAMN TUTORIALS, I BEAT YOUR GAME TWICE, LET ME SKIP PRESS A TO JUMP

Enough rage for today :3
Back to top Go down
sparkythechu
Survivor
Survivor
sparkythechu

PostSubject: Re: Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad   Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 4:01 pm

Un. Skippable. Cutscenes. ESPECIALLY when they're before bosses. Credits count after the first time.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/BoltAscendent
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

PostSubject: Re: Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad   Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 4:18 pm

Metal gear solid - the endless codec communication scenes DEAR GOD!!! >_<

I don't mind the player being in contact with people using an communication device, some amusing and interesting conversations happen. But all way too often in the plot of these games do the characters stop what's going on for a chat, no non-verbal communication or doing something while they talk, they are just sitting there talking for ages (while the enemy guards around the hero character are non the wiser, you'd think they would hear something)

The big offender is 'Metal Gear Solid 2' a few times in the game Raiden meets up with someone in person, and they agree to talk in their Codecs with each other, because they reckon it be harder for people to "listen in"...

...But they are standing side to side with each other...if anyone was listening in they would still hear both sides of the converation. Talking on Codec woulden't change anything! I think the game creators just didn't want to animate any more of the scene and carried on the scene in Codec instead, as it requires little from the animators since the characters are just sitting there on the phone

Last edited by DarkOne on Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad   Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 4:28 pm

I can think that maybe that was done for humorous purposes, too? I really want to play that game now. XD

Okay, there's a thing in Monster Hunter Tri that pisses me off. Whenever you use an item, specifically a Potion to heal yourself or any other stat healing items, or whatever, it takes so much longer than it realistically needs to. Like, your character has to do a stupid little pose after healing and THAT'S always right when the monster attacks if you don't time it exactly fucking correctly! While I'm here, I'll also rant about how I hate when the monsters' attacks hit you mid-evasion. That makes me mad, too. And when they won't let you get the fuck up after they knock you down. And their stupid roars that make you freeze and then they slam you when you're just about able to move again! DX Ugh. But I guess the difficulty is what makes it fun.
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

PostSubject: Re: Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad   Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 1:13 pm

Characters that wear shades all the time.....for no reason......even when it's dark.

I mean why? Wesker seems to wear shades for no other reason than so the audience knows he is the big bad guy. Never mind the fact that his mission during the first game was set during the night time.

Same thing in 'Enter The Matrix' there is a level in the sewers where you can't see because it's it's "dark" and you need to run around looking for a flashlight.....well if your Zion Operative was going into the sewers, why didn't they take a flashlight to begin with and why are they still wearing their sunglasses?

In fact, why do the Zion Operatives wear sunglasses in 'The Matrix'? They clearly don't need them as they actaully take them off to look 'sympathetic' when they talk to people, only putting them on when a fight is about to start.....in other words they just wear them to look cool, you have to bugger about the sewers in the dark in 'Enter The Matrix' for no reason other than because Zion Operatives think that the people trying to kill them will think they are uncool if they didn't have their shades on
Back to top Go down
Darth_Nergal
Hero
Hero
Darth_Nergal

Location : Someplace north Tonorian Hive, south of the Chordoni Waterfall, east of the Kuwuni bridge, and west of the Lataran Temple

PostSubject: Re: Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad   Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 3:09 pm

Quiting DURING a match, especially on Halo during a Big Team Battle. How the hell are 3 people supposed to beat 8!?!

And worse, ANYONE who decides to grab the best weapons/vehicles/equipment when the opposing team has fewer players. I mean, come on. You're fighting 3 guys with a team of 8. Are you SO desperate to win that you HAVE to have TWO sniper rifles and TWO F***KING TANKS!?! You know, if you ever play with me on Halo and the opposing team loses half their team or more, and then you decide to grab the best stuff, expect to be hunted down and killed by me. Then expect me to go give the opposing team whatever you were using you were using. >:C
Back to top Go down
http://www.sithlordnergal.deviantart.com
Metagenic
Tasty morsel
Metagenic

PostSubject: Re: Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad   Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 4:14 am

Ridiculous degree of aim assist, or bullet magnetism, or whatever the f people call it. Case in point, Halo 4:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWaDwsGb1c0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwfQxxoFm94

Come on devs, I KNOW HOW TO AIM.
Back to top Go down
Darth_Nergal
Hero
Hero
Darth_Nergal

Location : Someplace north Tonorian Hive, south of the Chordoni Waterfall, east of the Kuwuni bridge, and west of the Lataran Temple

PostSubject: Re: Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad   Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 9:25 am

Linear level design in an RPG game, especially when you suddenly find yourself unable to back track from the end level to the very first map. I mean, I understand that it can help to drive a story sometimes...but I enjoy back tracking after getting super powered and murdering monsters that used to give me trouble with one hit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sithlordnergal.deviantart.com
Boris92
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
Boris92

PostSubject: Re: Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad   Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 2:40 pm

There are quite a few annoyances in the Assassin's Creed games I have come across. Most of the time involving running, both on the ground and on rooftops. In Revelations, there is this one thing of boards on the ground that Ezio will get stuck on. It is MAYBE up to his shins, and he's putting his hands up like he just ran into a wall. Same thing has happened when I would get just a little too close to a corner in the other games, he would stop and act like he ran directly into a wall. Then there's the rooftops. It seems when you're trying to win a race or do something fast, he does exactly the opposite of what you wanted him to do. Tell him to go up a ladder because he decided climbing down would be fun, and he will go down until he's about half way, then stop until you let go of the stick and tell him to go up again. THEN he goes up. And if he is near a ledge that one can Leap of Faith off of, he will Leap of Faith off of it and into the hay. Even if the next ledge is MAYBE a meter away.

Most of my issues are minor nuances, but overall it is a great series and so far each game gets better and better.
Back to top Go down
CrisisOperations
Naga food
CrisisOperations

PostSubject: Re: Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad   Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 6:25 pm

Archmage_Bael wrote:
Thanks ^^

Which is WHAT they're doing with Halo 4, too. URGH. Makes me want to kill something <.<;

I refuse to buy Halo 4.

I realy don't get your point, i played the game and the ending wasn't as much of a cliff hanger as you think it is...

Halo 2 and 3's endings: THOSE were cliff hangers

As for stuff i hate:
Lag, nuff said
Back to top Go down
Venom Agato
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Venom Agato

PostSubject: Re: Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad   Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 6:17 pm

Bethesda and their games cause their too goddamn lazy to get rid of at LEAST the freeze bugs in all of them. Pain in a ass when that happens plus out of caution you have to keep saving often.
Back to top Go down
http://bioshockreborn.proboards.com
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

PostSubject: Re: Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad   Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 2:57 am

This, simply this, I've never been so pissed off at a game

Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad   Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 12:48 pm

CrisisOperations wrote:
Archmage_Bael wrote:
Thanks ^^

Which is WHAT they're doing with Halo 4, too. URGH. Makes me want to kill something <.<;

I refuse to buy Halo 4.

I realy don't get your point, i played the game and the ending wasn't as much of a cliff hanger as you think it is...

Halo 2 and 3's endings: THOSE were cliff hangers

As for stuff i hate:
Lag, nuff said

Lol, about a year too late there man. I made that comment before Halo 4 came out. I was talking about finding a reason to make Halo 4 in the first place - I thought it would be crap because back then I didn't know who was making the music, or guys who were making the game. I thought Halo 4 was going to be ruined, and since Halo 3 already closed the arc, making a 4th Halo would be despicable.

I put off pre-ordering it for up until like september, then I had to admit I was just being stupid about it. I know Halo 4 is obviously there just to make money, but they did a legitimately good job, and the creators of the original Halo wanted to make sure the fourth installment would look good.

The cliffhanger to Halo 4 is big though, there's LOTS of hints in the game about the plot for Halo 5 - and no, Cortana is NOT dead. If you cant find out why, play the game and pay more attention to the plot Wink
Back to top Go down
Valerian
Helpless prey
Valerian

PostSubject: Re: Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad   Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 11:59 am

I don't often get too mad at video games but bosses that regularly heal themselves tend to get irritating (even more so when the boss battle pauses just to allow the boss to heal itself in a cutscene).

Also Nintendo's recent habit of delaying games is starting to get under my skin.
Back to top Go down
http://liosketch.tumblr.com/
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad   Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 8:55 pm

Idiotic consumer practices that encourage companies to continue making great games and ruining them due to bad behavior and decisions. A prime example would be games with DRM.

Sim City consumers went and bought ADDITIONAL copies in hopes that would fix their issue, which only encourages EA to make games like Sim City unbearable to play.
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad   Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 10:47 am

Archmage_Bael wrote:

Sim City consumers went and bought ADDITIONAL copies in hopes that would fix their issue, which only encourages EA to make games like Sim City unbearable to play.

Bael, I normally trust you in alot of areas, but I have to call bull on this. NOBODY could be this stupid. I mean, I wouldn't be surprised, but please tell me you're just kidding.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad   Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 4:22 pm

I'm not kidding, while reading a bunch of news about server issues and what not, and the inability to play the game, a lot of people actually bought a second copy because they though it'd work. In addition, Origin won't take refunds either so that screwed those people.

Customer stupidity. If a game is terrible, don't try to get around the horror by buying more from them, simply don't buy them ><
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad   Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 9:05 am

They won't take refunds, eh? Well, I'd call my bank and charge back the money, claiming it under fraud.

Who cares if your origin account gets banned?
Back to top Go down
Sigurd
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Sigurd

PostSubject: Re: Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad   Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 9:14 am

Any time during Fire Emblem when the computer cheats to get a crit when statistically it would be extremely unlikely. SIX TIMES IN A ROW.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad   Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 10:57 am

Pendragon wrote:
They won't take refunds, eh? Well, I'd call my bank and charge back the money, claiming it under fraud.

Who cares if your origin account gets banned?

wont work. if you want to play you need origin. and if you get origin, you sign this agreement...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad   Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Things in Video Games that make you boiling mad
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next