Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Natural Dangers

Go down 
+3
sparkythechu
Chihiro Fujisaki
Nyaha
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

Natural Dangers - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Natural Dangers   Natural Dangers - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 11:48 am

From her vantage up so high, Sayomi would be able to see a long way around. She'd be able to see a large expanse of rocky plains to her south, where a large lighting storm seemed to be occurring. She would able to see, to the east, a huge gap between the trees forming a line north and south, where it intersected with another gap in the trees heading east and west. To the north she would be able to discern that the trees on the opposite side of the gap in that direction were a bluish tone. And to the west, she'd be able to spot a tree of white making a spot among the otherwise green foliage. She'd be able to see the same rocky plains in that direction as well, beyond the white tree.

Compared to everything else, the white tree to the west and the gap in the trees to the north making an east-west line were the closest things to them. The north-south gap to the east was much farther away, as was the storm occurring south of them - so much so that the sound of thunder could not even be heard, though the flashes of lighting were clearly visible from Sayomi's view.
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Natural Dangers   Natural Dangers - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 8:41 am

(Darn, Shadow hasn't logged in since the 20th. O.o Does anybody know where he went?)
Back to top Go down
Ilceren
Ilceren

PostSubject: Re: Natural Dangers   Natural Dangers - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 12:47 pm

(Maybe it was just the weekend man, don't panic until a week or more passes XD)
Back to top Go down
McKindle
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
McKindle

PostSubject: Re: Natural Dangers   Natural Dangers - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 3:08 am

Ibrahime craned her head back, shielding her eyes from the sun with her hands as she gazed at the spot Sayomi had reached. Although she was too far away to discern what her reaction was to their surroundings inwardly she prayed it would be favourable. She had to get out of here; out of this wildness that had claimed her husband and that was now standing between her and her son.

Noticing El Sereno was still in pain, she tugged off her jacket and folded it up into a rough ball. Cradling his head gently, she slid the makeshift pillow under his head in a bid to make him more comfortable. Her face showed sympathy, but behind that mask she was trying to dismiss the worrying thoughts of what they might have to do if he was unable to move with them.
Back to top Go down
EvilGenius
Marauder of the deep jungle

PostSubject: Re: Natural Dangers   Natural Dangers - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 7:02 am

Jimmy was just standing back, staring down at El sereno with a grimace etched into his face. Now would be about the time to start weighing his value versus his dead weight, and the odds didn't seem in his favor. He pulled out one of his balisongs and started twirling it absent mindedly. Then again, what of his own value? He had done fairly well in the fight, but that was over, and he knew very little of surviving in the forest... He sighed, the others didn't seem like the type to just abandon the cripple... That could be his break for the time being. He would be El sereno's legs, and el sereno would be his mind. It would cement his place in the group, and they would still have their brains. He flicked his balisong shut. If lost his value, then he would disappear. They would moan and complain about morals, but in the end, he would be kept because they knew it was for the best. Jimmy realized he was beginning to smile, one way or another, they could make this work. He took a step towards them. "Maybe it's best if I carry Sereno. He ain't goin' anywhere in this state, and i can do it plenty easy." He broke up the ground and raised the fragments, dropping his balisong onto the dust cloud so it floated. "i won't be able to fight so well while i'm lugging his weight, but it's better than ditching him. Right now we need all the brains we can get. Besides, i'm hopin' we don't run into too many more o those things anyway."
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Natural Dangers   Natural Dangers - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 10:50 am

(Sorry, I'm just impatient. XD)
Back to top Go down
Ilceren
Ilceren

PostSubject: Re: Natural Dangers   Natural Dangers - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 1:43 pm

El Sereno showed a sincere smile to Ibrahime and muttered a "thanks" when she used her jacket as a pillow for him. He was looking at Sayomi up in the tree, or more likely, trying to spot her when Jimmy used his magic to make him rise up in the air. He panicked a bit at the sudden feeling, but as he looked around, he noticed it was his power and managed to steady himself. However, he didn't manage to conceal a short cry of pain as the pieces of earth modified his support and made his chest strain a little. After hearing Jimmy's words, he nodded.

"Thank you, I'm really grateful. I was thinking I should force myself to get up, but this is really a better option. If you need to fight, just drop me anywhere. It's pointless to protect me if you end up the same as me or worse because of that."

Sereno tried to say so in a serious tone, and succeeded for the most part, but his lips trembled a bit as he said the last part. Of course, accepting one's death is difficult, and he really wanted to go home with his family, but he was also considered to the other people of the group. He knew he was a dead weight, hard to move, useless at a fight and an easy target. He just couldn't blatantly ask them to save hm, it was stupid, and over all, not something he would do.

"Oh, that reminds me, has anyone seen where my sidebag went? Don't worry if you don't know, but if you do, I'd appreciate if we could go to pick it up. It might have something useful, but it's definitely not worth searching for it."
Back to top Go down
Chihiro Fujisaki
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Chihiro Fujisaki

PostSubject: Re: Natural Dangers   Natural Dangers - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 7:31 am

(Sorry I have been gone so long. The amount of busy I have been it incredible x.x)

Sayomi climbed down from the tree, tossing her hair lightly as she looked to everyone shaking her head lightly." I didn't really see any water, bsout from what I saw we should head West to North-West, it looks much more promising than the alternative, and it is much closer." She said seriously, just relaying to them what she saw, she wasn't one to take the lead, but she was willing to voice her opinion openly. "So should we head there?"
Back to top Go down
McKindle
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
McKindle

PostSubject: Re: Natural Dangers   Natural Dangers - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 4:32 pm

(C'mon guys, let's not let this one die! As an incentive to keep this going my offer to sketch anyone's RP character if they send me a good physical description/pre-sketch still stands. I know this is a bit smudgy and some of the details/colours are a bit off, but this is my character [Ibrahime] and Ilceren's character [El Sereno] as an example:

Natural Dangers - Page 7 2ldssh

Here's hoping for a second wind!)

-------

Ibrahime shrugged - having been up in the canopy she had no idea where El Sereno's bag had gotten to. She hoped someone else had seen it; even if he doubted its importance any resources they could get their hands on could be useful. That kind of survivalist thinking brought back a wave of acknowledgement of her situation again, causing the taste of bile to rise to the back of her throat in her panic. She swallowed hard, looking towards Sayomi as she sauntered towards them.

"Makes sense," Ibrahime replied, after Sayomi had given her report. "Who wants to lead? We need to stay close; maybe keep El Sereno in the middle of the group."

She avoided making any definitive decisions, hoping everyone took the hint that she was really not keen on taking responsibility for leading the group.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Natural Dangers   Natural Dangers - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 4:17 pm

(Nyu, your drawing is great Kindle, and thanks for the help, too. I was going to ask you to draw the fairy you guys met with, but she's not technically a character for the RP, and so far I only have a head shot of her anyway. ^^; Also, I hope you guys make a group decision instead of just going by what Sayomi said; she didn't even describe what she saw very well. X3)
Back to top Go down
EvilGenius

PostSubject: Re: Natural Dangers   Natural Dangers - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 12:55 pm

Jimmy nodded at El Sereno. "I'll remember that." He adjusted his platform a bit, better conforming it to his body, then turned to Sayomi. "I'm no navigator, i'm just carrying him."He jerked a thumb at El Sereno. " I'll be leaving this decision up to you guys."
Back to top Go down
sparkythechu
Survivor
Survivor
sparkythechu

PostSubject: Re: Natural Dangers   Natural Dangers - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 2:51 pm

Da'Shi'Nal had watched everything that was going on, and decided to make an attempt to organize everything. As he had gotten little to go on, and preferred to trust his own senses over someone else's, he decided to check it out himself. He cleared his throat and spoke clearly with a confident tone, trying to sound like he knew what was going on. "We need to find civilization. Preferably, non-hostile. If you can watch yourselves for a few minutes and are willing to wait, I will go and draw a rough map of everything I can see from the top of this tree." he said, pointing at the trunk of the tree he was on. He continued, trying to keep the more formal speech, "Just give me a few minutes." He stepped next to the trunk and stretched, making sure to pop his fingers as he warmed up. Satisfied, he reached up as if trying to find a spot to grab, but instead stabbed his thick, sharp, and fairly long nails into the bark. He pulled a few times, testing the strength of the bark and his cut. Once he felt it was good enough, he kicked his foot into the tree as well, causing the small spikes on the shoes he was wearing to stab in. He shifted his weight, testing how long it held. Within a few seconds, it cut out of the bark, leaving him with just his hand as a grip at the moment. Now that he had the important information, he looked up and planned a path. If there was one thing his old master had drilled into him, it was the need for a healthy body. As such, he had trained him in all manner of physical things as well, of which Da'Shi'Nal's favorite had always been the kinds of things he was doing right now. Kicking his foot in again for the temporary grip, he stood on it and stabbed his other hand in as high up as he could actually climb from. From there, he did the same with his other foot and the reached higher than last time. He continued to do this, quickly scaling the tree and following the path he had set up, the sleeveless suit he was wearing ding little to hinder his movement, the very reason he had gotten it, custom tailored to his body for a more moveable fit. Within a short period of time, he had scaled the tree and was looking around from the top. He got onto a sturdy branch next to him and took out a notebook, drawing on it the things he could see, while simultaneously using his good hearing and sense of smell to listen and search for things of interest. Things to avoid, things to hunt for, the smell of water, the smells of civilization, the sounds of large things moving, and anything worthy of mentioning. Satisfied, he put the notebook up and grabbed hold of the tree, using his shoes to more or less side down the tree's side, using his hands to simply control speed and keep him on it.

After a couple more minutes, he had slid down to where he could safely jump from, at which point he kicked off the tree and rolled on landing to minimize the impact to his body. He naturally stood up as the roll stopped, taking a few steps to stop his momentum, and faced the people on the ground. He cleared his throat and spoke again, taking out his notebook he had drawn the map in. "Well, here's our surroundings. We've got a huge gap to the north, and blue trees on the other side. I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable going there, something in my gut says to be careful. To the west, there's some odd rocky plains in the distance with a lot of storms, and a much closer odd white...I guess tree? Hard to make out a lot of detail. The plains go to the south as well. There's another gap to the east as well. Sadly, that's all I can tell you up front." Da'Shi'Nal stretched again, trying to come off the "high" of getting to do that. It always left him in a good mood, but for this, he needed to remain level headed.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/BoltAscendent
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Natural Dangers   Natural Dangers - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 11:40 am

Suddenly, the ground beneath the group's feet began to shake, just as it had earlier before their encounter with the fairy.
Back to top Go down
Chihiro Fujisaki
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Chihiro Fujisaki

PostSubject: Re: Natural Dangers   Natural Dangers - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 8:05 pm

Sayomi let out a small hiss as she teleported to the top of a large tree, beyond the reach of the fairy when she was giant as she gripped a branch tightly, looking all around her and sniffing the air for a hint of anything around, very paranoid, and being overly cautious, hoping the others hid as well.
Back to top Go down
McKindle
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
McKindle

PostSubject: Re: Natural Dangers   Natural Dangers - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 4:06 am

Ibrahime wasted no time in trying to find a place to hide - almost instinctively she ran full pelt away from where she felt the vibrations coming from. She stole a quick glance behind her, hoping to see the rest of the group making similar inroads to hiding as well. As she neared the edge of the clearing she spied a felled trunk wedged against another tree lying nearly prone over a smooth, ivy covered rock. On a whim, she altered her course slightly to run messily through a mushroom patch, hoping if their next peril relied on smell she might be harder to track. Finding a small undulation in the rock, she wormed herself into the gap between the stone and the tree trunk before pulling up some of the ivy to try and conceal herself even better. There she lay, trying to control her heavy breathing, terrified about what they might face this time.
Back to top Go down
EvilGenius

PostSubject: Re: Natural Dangers   Natural Dangers - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 2:32 pm

Jimmy balled his fists, and began floating El Sereno behind him. He carefully set him down, and waited, a smirk played on his face.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Natural Dangers   Natural Dangers - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 3:29 pm

Down beneath their feet, the beetle fairy sat in a chamber underground. "C'mon!" she yelled at them in her head. "Fuck off so I can have a bath, you shitwads!" She opened her wings and made the ground shake again, trying to hurry the group up and get them to make a decision so they'd leave so she wouldn't have to do more work to dig her way somewhere else.
Back to top Go down
Chihiro Fujisaki
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Chihiro Fujisaki

PostSubject: Re: Natural Dangers   Natural Dangers - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 5:11 pm

Sayomi looked down to everyone, feeling the tremors and noticing they came from underneath the group she looked to the group jumped down from branch to branch. "Lets get out of here, it is just a small earthquake." She said shrugging it off, trying to keep her balance as she planned on following whatever direction they chose to go, having no preference.
Back to top Go down
Ilceren
Ilceren

PostSubject: Re: Natural Dangers   Natural Dangers - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 5:42 am

El Sereno didn't even feel the first tremor since he was floating up in the air due to Jimmy's levitating fragments. He was still pondering about the direction to go when he noticed the panicked actions of the rest of the group, and saw Jimmy lowering him down to the ground.

"Another fight" He thought and started looking around, before hearing Sayomi's words and calming down a little. "Yes, better get moving. From the directions you two gave, the only common way is north, so it's that way, I guess. Though I'm still curious about that white tree that was mentioned. Something that stands out so much in the forest... maybe it's some kind of signal?" He said, still deep in thought.
Back to top Go down
Qwuillin
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Qwuillin

PostSubject: Re: Natural Dangers   Natural Dangers - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 6:13 am

Rux started jogging to cover as soon as the tremors, moving in the opposite direction to the others and hide behind the root of a large tree. Once the tremors stopped, he replied to Sereno; "I agree, though this white tree is... odd. But it wouldn't hurt to take a look at it, would it?"
Back to top Go down
EvilGenius

PostSubject: Re: Natural Dangers   Natural Dangers - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 3:07 pm

Jimmy looked after the group, then stared back at the ground. After a moment he clenched his teeth, picked el sereno back up, and strode toward the rest of the group.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Natural Dangers   Natural Dangers - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 10:44 am

(I took my last post out - I felt it was probably too abrasive and also a tad out of character. I think my fairy would be nothing if not patient.)
Back to top Go down
McKindle
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
McKindle

PostSubject: Re: Natural Dangers   Natural Dangers - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 2:49 pm

By this point, Ibrahime's nerves would be best described as 'frayed'. Still trembling with adrenaline from what now appeared to be a false alarm, she crawled out from her hiding place and stomped towards the group, picking up her fallen jacket and tugging it back on as she did so.

"I am so done with this place!" she moaned, her frustration finally surpassing her hatred of responsibility. "You say that's the way we gotta go? Then let's just go already!"

She stalked towards the edge of the clearing in the direction of the gap in the trees that had been outlined, her face reddening both from the bitterness she felt about their situation and the embarrassment from her emotional outburst. Approaching the treeline, she found a small, rough trail that headed in right sort of direction - she started along it with more trepidation than she had approached it with.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Natural Dangers   Natural Dangers - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Natural Dangers
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7