Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Thread for Overthinking Felaryan Topics

Go down 
+30
Ilceren
ravaging vixen
French snack
Malahite
Alec and 1337
Amaroq
/Fish/
Nyaha
Darth_Nergal
McKindle
Oldman40k2003
FalconJudge
Archmage_Bael
Emerald Electronic
EvilGenius
Karbo
gwadahunter2222
Claire
Stabs
Feadraug
Vaderaz
DarkOne
Venom Agato
Grave
Pendragon
parameciumkid
rcs619
jedi-explorer
Shady Knight
Zephyr102
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

The Thread for Overthinking Felaryan Topics - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Thread for Overthinking Felaryan Topics   The Thread for Overthinking Felaryan Topics - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 7:00 pm

Wasn't this covered before? I thought people grew up until they reached their "prime" and THEN stopped getting older. So your age only "pauses" when you enter Felarya if you were already an adult.
Back to top Go down
http://helia.net63.net
Venom Agato
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Venom Agato

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for Overthinking Felaryan Topics   The Thread for Overthinking Felaryan Topics - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 7:04 pm

parameciumkid wrote:
Wasn't this covered before? I thought people grew up until they reached their "prime" and THEN stopped getting older. So your age only "pauses" when you enter Felarya if you were already an adult.

That's what I had figured as well though not everyone would know you know? XD
Back to top Go down
http://bioshockreborn.proboards.com
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for Overthinking Felaryan Topics   The Thread for Overthinking Felaryan Topics - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 7:59 pm

I always keep thinking how werid it must be for Felarya families when people don't age. At some point I might create a Grand Mother for my Winona character. Her Grandmother would be 100 or something but they are both the same pysical age. The werid relationship between the two make for great humour.

"Grandma! Put your clothes back on!"

"Oh you young Nekos nowadays, with your clothes! Back in the day, we ran nude thourgh the Jungle all the time!"
Back to top Go down
Venom Agato
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Venom Agato

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for Overthinking Felaryan Topics   The Thread for Overthinking Felaryan Topics - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 8:03 pm

XD Well at least the comfort in that one is that she still has the body of a 23 year old.
Back to top Go down
Stabs
Stabs

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for Overthinking Felaryan Topics   The Thread for Overthinking Felaryan Topics - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 8:47 pm

Grandma, what massive hotness you have. Laughing
Back to top Go down
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for Overthinking Felaryan Topics   The Thread for Overthinking Felaryan Topics - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 4:35 am

Anyone here seen the film "In Time"? The premise is that people stop aging at 25 but have to earn time in order to keep living - basically, time is literally money. At the beginning you see Justin Timberlake's mother, 50, played by Olivia Wilde.
Back to top Go down
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for Overthinking Felaryan Topics   The Thread for Overthinking Felaryan Topics - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 2:38 pm

Someone showed the trailer to it a while ago.

Don't really get why a society would opt for that sort of system. All that would happen is that the poor will have less time and the Rich live longer, essentialy resulting to a point where the poor population reduces as they die out and the Rich find themselves having an insignificant work force to take advantage off and no longer able to live their luxury lifestyle.

Why on earth would a socitey shoot itself in the foot like that?
Back to top Go down
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for Overthinking Felaryan Topics   The Thread for Overthinking Felaryan Topics - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 2:56 pm

That, my friend, is a gooood question. Why WOULD society knowingly shoot itself in the foot, indeed...
Back to top Go down
Venom Agato
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Venom Agato

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for Overthinking Felaryan Topics   The Thread for Overthinking Felaryan Topics - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 4:38 pm

parameciumkid wrote:
Anyone here seen the film "In Time"? The premise is that people stop aging at 25 but have to earn time in order to keep living - basically, time is literally money. At the beginning you see Justin Timberlake's mother, 50, played by Olivia Wilde.

You serious? Work to earn time as currency, what the hell kind of work would they have to do for time?
Back to top Go down
Emerald Electronic
Naga food

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for Overthinking Felaryan Topics   The Thread for Overthinking Felaryan Topics - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 6:18 pm

To be fair In Time was meant as an allegory for the economic divide between the poor and the rich. The poor have to earn their lives, the rich just buy more life. Reasistically it doesn't make much sense but going into it with the metaphor in mind completely changes the movie.
Back to top Go down
Venom Agato
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Venom Agato

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for Overthinking Felaryan Topics   The Thread for Overthinking Felaryan Topics - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 6:37 pm

parameciumkid wrote:
That, my friend, is a gooood question. Why WOULD society knowingly shoot itself in the foot, indeed...

Republicans + 9/11 = Conspiracy?
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for Overthinking Felaryan Topics   The Thread for Overthinking Felaryan Topics - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 8:25 pm

DarkOne wrote:
I always keep thinking how werid it must be for Felarya families when people don't age. At some point I might create a Grand Mother for my Winona character. Her Grandmother would be 100 or something but they are both the same pysical age. The werid relationship between the two make for great humour.

"Grandma! Put your clothes back on!"

"Oh you young Nekos nowadays, with your clothes! Back in the day, we ran nude thourgh the Jungle all the time!"

That's a humorous image. A sexy grandma that's actually sexy.

On a serious note having whole generations of people living in one house who are 100 years or older would be confusing and weird to normal humans, but Negavians and many others likely would be super used to the idea of mistaking your grampa with your older brother.

Quote :
Why on earth would a socitey shoot itself in the foot like that?

So you can kill of all the rebellious ones and then clone and re-educate them to serve you loyally. I mean I think in most America-like societies rebellion would enter the minds of the poor LONG before they let their number dwindle to the point they couldn't overwhelm and absorb the rich's resources.. Although this later leads to the choosing of leaders and the re-building of govements and then you have new rich people to have to eventually kill all over again.
Back to top Go down
Venom Agato
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Venom Agato

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for Overthinking Felaryan Topics   The Thread for Overthinking Felaryan Topics - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 11:52 pm

Emerald Electronic wrote:
To be fair In Time was meant as an allegory for the economic divide between the poor and the rich. The poor have to earn their lives, the rich just buy more life. Reasistically it doesn't make much sense but going into it with the metaphor in mind completely changes the movie.

Ah I think I get it now. Hell if that'll be a movie I'd watch I don't want to watch those smug bastard rich folk rubbing their money grubbing lives in the faces of people forced to work every day of their lives.

The second half my entire family can attest to.
Back to top Go down
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for Overthinking Felaryan Topics   The Thread for Overthinking Felaryan Topics - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 4:19 am

Yeah I figured out the Metaphor, but I think it could of been implemented better, like mabye instead of life litterlly being taken away for services you have to work the time off. You want a new car, that's five years of service in exchange. While the Rich don't have to waste time at all or can get someone else in their stead. The same message but without the risk of economic collapse.

I like metaphors as the next person and can deal with some strech of logic to allow them. But a major rational flaw such as one that just would destroy cilverilzation is distracting
Back to top Go down
Venom Agato
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Venom Agato

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for Overthinking Felaryan Topics   The Thread for Overthinking Felaryan Topics - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 8:23 am

Pisses me off more than anything. I know life isn't fair with things as they are today but this is just f***ing ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for Overthinking Felaryan Topics   The Thread for Overthinking Felaryan Topics - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 4:19 am

I wonder if Wild Nekos are ever like this in a heated arguement, so pissed off that words fail and they resort to screeching

Back to top Go down
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for Overthinking Felaryan Topics   The Thread for Overthinking Felaryan Topics - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 1:29 pm

For some reason that just made me lol.
Back to top Go down
Zephyr102
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Zephyr102

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for Overthinking Felaryan Topics   The Thread for Overthinking Felaryan Topics - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 6:58 pm

So, when a Harpy is genuinely angry, like, 'tear you to bits' pissed, does she start speaking in a 'nice English'?

"I'm going to separate your legs from their current location and insert them into your lower digestive tract and mouth, before applying such pressure on the aforementioned severed limbs that your feet touch one another somewhere within your body cavity."

For added points, imagine the Harpy in question using her talons to sip from a giant predator-appropriate teacup whilst wearing a tophat and monocle.
Back to top Go down
Venom Agato
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Venom Agato

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for Overthinking Felaryan Topics   The Thread for Overthinking Felaryan Topics - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 4:27 pm

Those were some pissed off cats. O_o
Back to top Go down
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for Overthinking Felaryan Topics   The Thread for Overthinking Felaryan Topics - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 8:36 pm

I do so very much like that idea.
Quite.
Back to top Go down
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for Overthinking Felaryan Topics   The Thread for Overthinking Felaryan Topics - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 10:44 am

I think a truely pissed off harpy woulden't even bother with insults or speaking at all, they will just attack you. Though that might just be how I'd like it, a furious yet completly silent person just seems scary to me, they won't talk so reasoning with them is out of the question, they just want you dead.
Back to top Go down
Zephyr102
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Zephyr102

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for Overthinking Felaryan Topics   The Thread for Overthinking Felaryan Topics - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 11:17 am

DarkOne wrote:
I think a truely pissed off harpy woulden't even bother with insults or speaking at all, they will just attack you. Though that might just be how I'd like it, a furious yet completly silent person just seems scary to me, they won't talk so reasoning with them is out of the question, they just want you dead.
Tranquil Fury certainly could be terrifying, I agree. But this is for overthinking topics related to Felarya, so my suggestion was just taking the Harpy's typical behavior and pushing it so far that it basically swung back around into 'polite English'. Where normal individuals start speaking Angrish when pushed, the Harpy, who appears to always speak like this, does the opposite.
And remember that humor is supposed to be a part of Felarya, so I think my idea fits nicely.
Back to top Go down
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for Overthinking Felaryan Topics   The Thread for Overthinking Felaryan Topics - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 12:54 pm

or mabye they are still rude, but somewhat polite and intellectual about it.

"You sir have a mouth that greatly resembles an Naga's rear orifice, not only does the aroma that emits from it is unpleasant, but whatever spew out of it has as much use as badly digested excrement!"
Back to top Go down
Venom Agato
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Venom Agato

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for Overthinking Felaryan Topics   The Thread for Overthinking Felaryan Topics - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 4:43 pm

parameciumkid wrote:
I do so very much like that idea.
Quite.

You can drop the 80's rich folk talk now. XD
Back to top Go down
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for Overthinking Felaryan Topics   The Thread for Overthinking Felaryan Topics - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 6:41 pm

I wonder what it would be like for someone with schizophrenia to be in Felarya? Given what felarya is like, it would be quite hard to work out what is a figment of one's imagination and what is just typical crazy felarya stuff.

But on the otherhand, the character woulden't take things for granted, if they see a gaint naked woman, it might not phaze them at all as they have seen much more werider stuff in their heads XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for Overthinking Felaryan Topics   The Thread for Overthinking Felaryan Topics - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Thread for Overthinking Felaryan Topics
Page 6 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next