Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Interesting Take on Predation

Go down 
+14
Pendragon
SenecaHyde
Ilceren
Karbo
Shady Knight
ravaging vixen
Lockheed X-17
XionGaTaosenai
Archmage_Bael
jedi-explorer
Scryangi
DarkOne
Stabs
Chihiro Fujisaki
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

Interesting Take on Predation - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interesting Take on Predation   Interesting Take on Predation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2015 9:30 am

Chihiro Fujisaki wrote:
As a historian, historic examples and metaphors are what I am best at. I apologize, I suppose.

Back to top Go down
Bluehorizon
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Bluehorizon

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Take on Predation   Interesting Take on Predation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2015 10:04 am

Well,can't resist now, If you don't see the trolling in this, then it's as much believable as seeing aliens.

Though agreeing with dark one, I see more malcontent with people wanting to kill each other (and predators) in a way of a self righteous justice, and not because of character development, but to fullfill a personal quota of the taste of the writer/author as you will. So this makes human characters seem less sane then predators at times instead of filling that grey wall of surviving and interacting in a very frontier setting that felarya is known for.
Back to top Go down
http://sovietkroshka.deviantart.com/
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Take on Predation   Interesting Take on Predation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2015 1:16 pm

Pendragon wrote:
You make several good points, especially regarding morality. Someday I'll have to return to some of my fics and fix them up, with this new view on the system. Thanks!

Well you are most welcome! I'm glad my ramblings can be of benefit to somebody in actuality XD
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Take on Predation   Interesting Take on Predation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2015 2:11 pm

Has the fact that Felaryan preds don't follow the same systems of values and behavioural norms that people in any form of society do been brought up yet? I haven't been following this thread closely, but that seems like a relevant thing to point out. Given the individualistic nature of giant predators due to the supposed rarity of people their size, the way they develop as people and their views on the world around them can't be compared to anything we know as civilized humans. Stating that predators are objectively immoral for the way they treat their prey is just not valid. They can be subjectively immoral based on our own moral values, but that's as far as you can take it. One of the primary concepts of Felarya is that our values mean nothing to the people of Felarya, unless they were raised in an environment that promoted similar values, which several giant characters seem to have been, and those are the ones not playing with their food. Just my two cents.
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
Lockheed X-17
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Lockheed X-17

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Take on Predation   Interesting Take on Predation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2015 6:49 pm

See page 2, I tried...

Anyways, this is the summary of alien psychology. They don't understand you and we don't understand them. Trying to grasp their concepts are hard, since we have a different understanding with the world. It is basically like discussion, except that they have a different opinion and everybody starts a fight because of misunderstandings. Trying to understand them is hard, but if you are tolerant or just amoral, then go for it. See it as a suicide attempt. We can already see different religions in our world, and wars caused by spices alone. How about a world in which is a melting pot of civilizations, technically?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Take on Predation   Interesting Take on Predation - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Interesting Take on Predation
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3