Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Werewarg in Felarya

Go down 
+11
SuperPieGuy9
French snack
timing2
Jætte_Troll
codaman
vegeta002
Karbo
bigman27622
tamc
mdbear84
JohnDoe
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
French snack
French snack

A Werewarg in Felarya - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Werewarg in Felarya   A Werewarg in Felarya - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 5:19 am

Andry seems to be a good learner. And now we get to properly differentiate Titania from Mab. They're both as impressionable as ever, but each is starting to have her own distinct personality.

Mab feeling queasy at the sight of blood is both amusing and, surprisingly, logical. As she points out, she does eat without making her food bleed...

Typo: "he could here the calls of strange beasts".
Back to top Go down
JohnDoe
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: Re: A Werewarg in Felarya   A Werewarg in Felarya - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 1:28 am

French snack wrote:
Andry seems to be a good learner. And now we get to properly differentiate Titania from Mab. They're both as impressionable as ever, but each is starting to have her own distinct personality.

Mab feeling queasy at the sight of blood is both amusing and, surprisingly, logical. As she points out, she does eat without making her food bleed...

Typo: "he could here the calls of strange beasts".

Fixed.

Andry is a fairly good learner, though she learns some things better than others...

After I finish this story I'm going to do a few one shots, some of which will be individual lessons, among other things.

As for the fairies, for a long time I never really planned to develop them, they were just going to be sort of a reoccurring joke, the two of them showing up in ever major story and many of the one shots, for a sort cameo.

But in the end I ended up getting into their heads, and yeah, I'm starting to develop them. Come to think of it Andry was supposed to be a one shot character, developing minor characters seems to be a habit of mine.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: A Werewarg in Felarya   A Werewarg in Felarya - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 9:28 am

Great chapter Smile
I also love how you are developping the twins ^^
And that realisation that Tim felt in a footrpint was nicely put Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
MrNobody13
Great warrior
Great warrior
MrNobody13

PostSubject: Awesome   A Werewarg in Felarya - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 12:01 pm

Just read the whole thing in one sitting and never even felt the time go by. I can only say this: Your story=awesome in a can.

I'm a writer myself and I am really impressed. Everything flows nicely, the characters are complex, and the relations are woven together so well. I salute you, good sir. cheers
Back to top Go down
JohnDoe
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: Re: A Werewarg in Felarya   A Werewarg in Felarya - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 3:37 pm

Karbo wrote:
Great chapter Smile
I also love how you are developping the twins ^^
And that realisation that Tim felt in a footrpint was nicely put Laughing

Thanks!

If Tim is going to continue to run around Felarya, he's going to have to learn not to get so worked up every time he falls into a giant footprint!

MrNobody13 wrote:
Just read the whole thing in one sitting and never even felt the time go by. I can only say this: Your story=awesome in a can.

I'm a writer myself and I am really impressed. Everything flows nicely, the characters are complex, and the relations are woven together so well. I salute you, good sir. cheers

I'm glad you enjoyed it!
Back to top Go down
JohnDoe
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: Re: A Werewarg in Felarya   A Werewarg in Felarya - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 2:30 am

Just as a preface, this is NOT, I repeat, NOT a chapter, in fact its more of an add on to the last chapter, and not a very good one either.

Still its been so long I feel I most post SOMETHING!

Anyhow I'll be done with Finals soon and maybe then I'll actually be able to finish this story.

Tim sat shivering in the hollowed out tree he and John had decided to rest in for the night. Tim stared outside the hollow, it was a brutally cold night. No now fell, but freezing rain poured down in sheets, which in Tim's opinion was much worse. It soaked right through ones clothes and chilled you to the bone. The wind, was not helping, howling and blustering and intermittently blowing a torrent of rain into the otherwise dry hollow. It was in short a miserable night, that did nothing to improve Tim's mood.

He wrapped his newly acquired coat around himself as tightly as he could, attempting to keep the cold air away from him and keep the wet rain from soaking through his military fatigues. Tim listened to the howl of the wind and shivered again, this time not from the cold. He could of sworn that last howl had been the call of some ravenous beast, read to rip him to shreds. It sounded like it might be the sound of the beast whose track he had found earlier, at least it did to Tim's imagination.

Tim shook his head, no, he wouldn't let fear and panic overtake him. He gripped the large knife in his hands tightly. He looked at it...the long straight blade, as long as his forearm. It was sharper than any weapon he had ever seen, and it never seemed to lose his edge. As an experiment he tried to cut though everything he could, tree limbs mostly, a few rocks here and there. Okay he hadn't been able to cut through most of the rocks, but he felt that was more due to his inability to apply the proper force, rather than the fault of the blade.

Tim was broken from his contemplation by a noise. Or at least, he though it was a noise, maybe it was all in his head. He turned to John to get a confirmation on this, but of course, John was already fast asleep. How could that &@$+@%# sleep at at a time like this?, Tim wondered. They were in Felarya, F-E-L-A-R-Y-A, not the best place to take a nap. Hell, Tim rarely managed to get a good night sleep in his bunk back at the base. John managed to fall asleep out here, OUT HERE!

Tim threw a rock at his slumbering buddy. "John wake up, I think something is sneaking up on us!"

John's response was to wave at him vaguely and mumble, "You...huuuh...always...think...that.......why...hello...ladies..."

Oh, this was just PERFECT! John couldn't tear himself away from the figments of his own imagination to realize how utterly screwed they were! Wonderful. Just WONDERFUL!

Tim stared back into the rain. Try as he might he could see no menacing figures wandering out in the torrents and showers. In fact, except for the rain itself, the forest seemed to be completely motionless. WIt had something of a hypnotic effect even, and soon Tim found himself calmed by the peaceful scenery...everything just seemed so peaceful...

NO! This was just another of Felarya's evil tricks at work! Aha! It had almost worked, but Tim was too smart for this infernal plane! He had no intention of being eaten! Regardless of how cute his potential devourer might be!

Tim sighed, and that was the pitiable truth of the situation. He found himself strangely attracted to the various denizens of the planet. Of course it may have been that he was in the military, and fraternization between soldiers, even those of the opposite sex, was not exactly smiled upon.

That had to be it, Tim was just finding himself attracted to the locals, that happened all the time in military history, and well most of he locals did go around bare buck naked. No military tribunal in all of Deluria could find him guilty of indecent conduct!

No if he could only convince the locals to stop trying to eat him...

Tim was so lost in his musings, he barely noticed the tap on his shoulder.

"Well glad to see you awake John, maybe now you can actually do your turn of...watch...duty," as Tim turned around to face John he saw that Private Gersen was still fast asleep.

Tim screened as he fired his gun in the direction of his attacker. Well, he would have, if his gun had not been taken off of him already.

Instead Tim reached for the knife, but found that it too was gone.

Nearly paralyzed by fear, he looked at the figure that loomed before him. Humanoid in shape, with a shaggy unkept beard, and long, sharp claws hanging from its fingers. One hand held the incredibly sharp knife, while the other grasped his own gun, though thankfully it was not being pointed at him.

Tim looked upward and noticed shaggy mane of hair hanging from the figures head and chin. He looked into its feral eyes, glistening with madness. Worst of all is when it opened its mouth, revealing sharpened fangs that glistened, even in the low light of the hollow.

"Hey there, buddy, could ya give me that coat yer wearin'? It's mine, ya know.....also, ya reckon ya could stop screamin' fer half a minute...its trying on the nerves..."

Hours later, Tim would still not be able to recall that he had been screaming.
Back to top Go down
MrNobody13
Great warrior
Great warrior
MrNobody13

PostSubject: Re: A Werewarg in Felarya   A Werewarg in Felarya - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 6:33 am

Yus.

I've been waiting a long time for more of this story to show up. Great show on how Tim felt about being out in the wilds, his partner, and everything.

A couple grammar/spelling issues:

missing the ' s ' in snow, and ones should be one's (first paragraph)

ready is missing the ' y ' (second paragraph)

'screened' not sure if you meant to type 'screamed' or 'screeched' here (fifteenth paragraph)

figures should have an apostrophe, 'is' right behind "worst of all" should be 'was' (eighteenth paragraph)

Other than these, this is good work. Smile

I approve of this.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: A Werewarg in Felarya   A Werewarg in Felarya - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 8:05 am

It's a nice addition ^^ I can only imagine Tim's terror at that sight XD
Back to top Go down
JohnDoe
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: Re: A Werewarg in Felarya   A Werewarg in Felarya - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 6:31 pm

I think I'm going to avoid chapters for the rest of this story, I started the whole lesson thing, but I think I'm going to go ahead and redo that after a later date, and instead save the lessons for one shots.

Eventually I'm going to finish this thing.

-------------------------------

The elf sat in her throne, nearly motionless, lost in thought, surrounded by darkness and perfect stillness. The only movement that could be seen at all was the gentle rise and fall of her chest with each breath. Other than this almost imperceptible motion, the scene was entirely static.

That was the case, until a multitude of tiny robed figures entered the room from a small portal in one of the walls. On top of their raised hands they carried a large platter, which was covered with some of the most delectable delicacies available on Felarya. Roasted gloutex stuffed with dragonapples, duiker steak marinated in the finest off world wines, soulnut meat, harvested painfully from their tough shells, and so on. It took a long time for the tiny ones to carry such a bountiful feast to their mistress, but at last they stopped in front of her throne, offering up the meal, raising it as high as their little arms would allow.

With a single wave of her fingers, the plate was lifted off of the tines, and floated up into the air, settling onto her lap. Taking a knife and fork in hand, the elf began to daintily dig in the delicatessens before her. Down below the tinies got down on their hands and knees bowing, some of them even moving forward and beginning to massage her bare feet, in an effort to please their mistress.

For her part however, she ignored them, instead waving her hand at a nearby mirror which lit up, and began to show images of the forest, which shifted to a new view every couple of seconds. The elf paid attention to this as she continued her meal, never once acknowledging her servants below.

At long last her meal was complete, and with a wave of her hand the platter returned to the tinies below her. These tinies then carried this relatively large load back the way they had come, thankful that it had become significantly lighter after their mistress had eaten her fill. Slowly but surely, they made there way to the tiny hole in the wall and slipped through it, and out of sight.

Of course after the main course is done one craves dessert, and this elf was no exception. After the first group of tinies left, two more came through the same hole, this time bearing an altogether different burden.

In fact they were not carrying it at all, this time they had a small cart that they were pulling behind them, drawn by their own efforts and two miniature ropes. On this cart there was a cage meant for an occupant on roughly the same scale as the ones who pulled it, and as luck would have it, there was such an occupant. Black haired, and light skinned, at first glance she could have been mistaken for a tomthumb, but on closer inspection one would see two moth like antennas, the same color as her hair, sprouting from her head.

She was a fairy, whose wings had been clipped while she was small, and then left defenseless she had been captured, and imprisoned. She cowered in the cage, wrapped in one of the same cloaks that the tinies were wearing. She seemed to be shivering uncontrollably, and there were tears in her eyes.

The images on the mirror forgotten for now, the elf turned to stare at the fairy, a smile plastered on her face as she licked her lips. The fairy, in turn, cried out in fear and hid herself below the cloak, leaving nothing but a shivering mass of black cloth that whimpered softly.

The elf frowned at this, and with a flick of her finger, the cloak was drawn out through the bars of the cage, leaving the fairy completely naked. Seeing this, the elf grinned.

"That's more like it, my little morsel," the elf began in a tinkly, almost childlike voice, breaking the silence that had filled the room up until this point, "I wonder, if you were the kind to devour innocent elves, eating them like snacks?" she asked. The elf bent down closer, until her dainty nose almost touched the cage, "Tell me...did you prefer to shrink them down...or were you the type that preferred to grow to vast sizes before taking your prey?"

The elf's tongue shot out, worming its way through the bars of the cage and began to probe the fairy's body, tasting her flavor. The fairy lost it at that point, and began to scream.

The elf pulled back, standing to her full height, giggling, "Heeheehee! Such a jumpy one your are! But than again you fairies aren't use to this are you? Used to your rightful place..." she put her foot on top of the cage for emphasis, "Under me!"

"But enough of all this I suppose..." the elf said, removing her foot and bending down to open the top of the fairies cage, "I suppose now is the time I let you go," she continued as she pulled the fairy out.

The fairy was in shock, let her go? Really? She was sure this horrible lady was going to ea-

A wicked grin crossed the elf's face as she continued to raise the fairy skyward, "Yes, let you go, and all you have to do is fly," she held the fairy above her mouth, "You fairies can fly can't you?"

The fairy in question finally spoke up, "N-no I can't fly without my wings! Without my wings I can't..." she was cut off as the elf dropped her into the waiting maw below.

The fairy was engulfed by the elf's lips shutting out all light. The elf rolled her this way and that with her tongue, torturing the fairy as much as she possibly could, even rubbing her morsel lightly against her pearly white teeth.

At last, growing bored of her torturous exercise, the elf simply swallowed, sending the fairy to her doom within the confines of an elvish stomach. The elf rubbed her belly, sighing contentedly.

The tinies had already begun to turn the cart around when the elf stepped in front of them, blocking their path, "Not so fast," she said staring down at her two servants, "Did I say that you were to give my dessert a cloak?" the two tinies cowered as she spoke to them, "DID I?" she screamed, her voice suddenly becoming harsh, and unpleasant.

"No," one of them finally blurted out, "But Mistress Morgan...she was cold! And...and shivering!"

Morgan tapped her chin lightly as she thought it over, "Ah, I see, an honest mistake," she said with a smile, "And because it was an honest mistake, I'l only punish you, instead of you and your friend. Aren't I a magnanimous mistress?" she asked.

Both of the tinies bowed low, "Yes mistress."

Morgan laughed, "Indeed, but let me think, how to punish you...I suppose I could eat you...but really, you tomthumbs are far to low on the food chain for me to bother with...that fairy was such an expensive purchase...I don't want to spoil it by washing it down with something as plebian as yourself...wait....I have it! Take your hoods off, both of you."

The two tomthumbs did as commanded, revealing a man and a woman, the man being the one who had spoken earlier. "Ah yes, how fitting, a nice little tomthumb couple," the elf said with a laugh.

Morgan pointed her finger at the male tiny, and spoke a hushed incantation. Before he could react, the tomthumb found himself shrinking, smaller and smaller, till his former compatriot towered over him to the same extent Morgan had previously loomed above him, and as for Morgan herself, she stood before him like a mountain.

"Oh yes," Morgan purred, "Yes, I LIKE this," she looked down at the shrunken tomthumb and laughed, "If I didn't think that it would make you tomthumbs even more useless, I'd shrink you all down to this size!"

Finally getting over her amusement Morgan turned to the female, still normal sized, tomthumb, "Well my little slave, do I have a treat in store for you! You get to help me punish your microscopic little friend here! You get to have your very own little 'dessert,' isn't that nice of me?"

The female began to cry, as she picked up her friend, holding him tightly, "Please Mistress, isn't this enough?" she said between sobs, "Please don't make me..."

Morgan shifted, placing her foot directly above the heads of the tomthumbs, "Do it," she said, "Or else I will squish the both of you beneath my feet...or would you prefer that?" she asked, her voice never losing its amused tone.

The male tomthumb said something that Morgan could not make out, but she saw that female nod, and open her mouth, placing her tiny friend within, there was an almost silent gulping sound, as he vanished from the face of the earth, and into the tiny stomach of his friend.

"Heeheehee, oh that was rich...and wasn't he just the sweetest little meal you've ever had?" Morgan asked, laughing again. The tomthumb nodded, tears streaming down her face, as she turned getting ready to take the cart back through the door.

"Ah, ah, ah!" Morgan said, as she pointed a finger at the tomthumb girl. Instantly the girl found her mouth snap shut, and then suddenly disappear altogether, leaving nothing but flesh and bone where the mouth cavity once was.

"Don't think me so foolish girl, I wasn't going to let you run off and throw your friend up!" She waved her hand dismissively, "Now be off with you, I have work to be done, and don't worry! That spell will wear off in an hour to so...after you friend has been, ahem, digested..."

The tomthumb in question placed the hood back over her face and struggled with the cart, until she made it back to the hole, and managed to pull it through. A tiny trail of tears was all that remained as evidence of her presence.

Long before the tomthumb managed to depart however, Morgan had already forgotten about her, turning her attention back to the mirror, and the images that flashed across it, as she searched for something.

Last edited by JohnDoe on Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: A Werewarg in Felarya   A Werewarg in Felarya - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 3:23 am

That's certainly different. What a complete bitch. Now I'm curious as to how she's going to interact with the established characters...

Just a few small errors/typos: "began to probe the elf's body"; "Of course after the main course is done one craves desert"; "Did I say that you were to give my desert a cloak?"; "You get to have your very own little 'desert,' isn't that nice of me?" (You mean "dessert".)
Back to top Go down
JohnDoe
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: Re: A Werewarg in Felarya   A Werewarg in Felarya - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 12:03 pm

French snack wrote:
That's certainly different. What a complete bitch. Now I'm curious as to how she's going to interact with the established characters...

Just a few small errors/typos: "began to probe the elf's body"; "Of course after the main course is done one craves desert"; "Did I say that you were to give my desert a cloak?"; "You get to have your very own little 'desert,' isn't that nice of me?" (You mean "dessert".)

You and your typos....

FIXED

Yeah Morgan is my first real foray into utterly unlikable antagonists. Usually I prefer ones with a bit of a sympathetic undertone, but this time I'm doing things a little different.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: A Werewarg in Felarya   A Werewarg in Felarya - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 5:14 pm

Nice chapter here ! Nicely told and described Smile
but wow what a bitch o.o I'm quite curious how you will use her in the story ^^
Back to top Go down
JohnDoe
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: Re: A Werewarg in Felarya   A Werewarg in Felarya - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 5:44 pm

Karbo wrote:
Nice chapter here ! Nicely told and described Smile
but wow what a bitch o.o I'm quite curious how you will use her in the story ^^

You'll see!

....you'll all see....

MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Werewarg in Felarya   A Werewarg in Felarya - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Werewarg in Felarya
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5