Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Werewarg in Felarya

Go down 
+11
SuperPieGuy9
French snack
timing2
Jætte_Troll
codaman
vegeta002
Karbo
bigman27622
tamc
mdbear84
JohnDoe
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
French snack
French snack

A Werewarg in Felarya - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Werewarg in Felarya   A Werewarg in Felarya - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 1:00 am

Very good story! Interesting characters, humorous situations... Good humour is difficult, and you manage it well. The two fairies amused me the most, but there were other funny touches. And I'm glad to hear this isn't the last we'll be seeing of Andry.
Back to top Go down
JohnDoe
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: Re: A Werewarg in Felarya   A Werewarg in Felarya - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 1:16 am

Karbo wrote:
Woah poor Kensha o.o
I was kinda suspecting that ^^

Yeah, when ol' Joe's gotta eat, he's gotta eat!

French snack wrote:
Very good story! Interesting characters, humorous situations... Good humour is difficult, and you manage it well. The two fairies amused me the most, but there were other funny touches. And I'm glad to hear this isn't the last we'll be seeing of Andry.

Thanks for the compliments!
Back to top Go down
JohnDoe
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: Re: A Werewarg in Felarya   A Werewarg in Felarya - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 8:17 pm

Chapter Six - Brewing Storm

The morning sunlight slowly filtered into the hideout, washing over Joseph's face. He rolled over only to land a patch of wet mud, causing him to wake with a start. He looked around trying to remember how he ended up here, and why he was covered in blood...

And then he remembered.

I...I attacked Smith, I...I.

Joseph hung his head in shame. "I left him alone, havin' to fend fer himself, find his own way in this deathtrap of a world, I gotta find him, I gotta apologize I gotta..." He leapt to his feet and ran out of the hideout. He climbed the nearest tree and started to make his way back to where he had left the Priest and Andry.

And then a thought occurred to Joseph.

I don't know where he is, I don't know if he's alive, and if he is, I reckon he ain't gonna wanna see my face.

Joseph stopped, standing on a tree branch and looked down at his hands again, his claws having grown back fully. He looked even further down, at his feet and discovered the claws there had grown as well, having sliced a hole in the front of both his moccasins. This always happened when he let himself go like that. No matter how much he tried to hide in the end, his true nature would always shine through. He'd almost lost it completely and become...that thing...again.

And I called Andry a monster...

Joseph stood still for few minutes, observing the world around him from the tree branch. At last he turned and began leaping from tree to tree with no real pattern, wandering aimlessly in the Felaryan forest.

=================================.

Private Sanders looked out from her hiding spot, scanning the area for any danger. As she had learned even the plants could be dangerous in this place, not to mention the fauna. Everyone in her team was gone know, devoured by everything from carnivorous plants, to giant naked half woman, half animals. But mostly the latter.

And all for some stupid sample that may or may not end up being successful. Of course if it was they'd probably bump her all the way up to colonel, though she didn't really think all this danger was worth it.

The poor private had been chased into her current hiding place by a huge woman with the lower body of a spider. This monstrosity had sat outside for what seemed like hours, and eventually Sanders, who was running low on sleep to begin with, nodded off.

When the Private had woken up she was surprised to find the spider lady gone. Or at least she seemed to be, for all Sanders knew She-Rachnid was laying in wait to spring a trap on her the moment she left this hideout. That was what spiders were famous for right? Traps and stealth and whatnot.

Deciding to give it awhile before risking her neck yet again, Sander's went over her plan once again. Three cat ladies, normal sized thank heaven, had informed her that there was a portal that would take her anywhere she wanted to go, including home, just a few miles north of her current position. If she could make it there, they informed her, she would be quite literally home free.

Of course that's when the giant spider lady appeared out of nowhere and ate the three of them, so maybe they really didn't know what the heck they were talking about. But it was Sanders best shot, and by golly she wasn't about to give up on going home. Oh how she wanted to get away from all these giant man eating monsters! With their huge gaping maws, their ravenous appetites, and their slim waists, pretty faces, and big giant...

Sanders shook her head, now was no time for envy. She looked around scanning one last time for the spider lady, or any other possible danger. Seeing nothing she slowly exited her hiding spot and started heading to where this giant portal supposedly was.

Funnily enough, she hadn't seen those centaurs in quite awhile, they had been chasing her and Staine for what seemed like weeks, but for the last few days, she hadn't seen them anywhere.

I wonder what they could be up to, Sanders thought as she walked as quietly through the brush as she could. This disturbed her however so she tried to think of something else, Hmm Colonel Sanders, I have to admit, its got a nice ring to it.

=================================

Chiron watched as Hippolyta stuck a few of the elves he had captured for her into her mouth. She sucked them in one by one, playing around with them a bit as she did so. After a few seconds of this there would be a cute little gulping sound, and the elves could be seen traveling down her throat. When she finished she trotted over to Chiron, rubbing her belly.

"That was delicious Darling, I wish you could of had some," she said as she hugged his arm and looked up at his face.

"You know the rules Lyta. Besides, I went ahead and stuffed myself up before the ceremony so I should be good for another few days. Unlike somebody I could mention who just had to look her best and starved herself silly trying to to do it.

Hippolyta's voice turned to anger, "Oh, so if I looked my best at the ceremony, what do I look like know she pouted, turning away."

"Beautiful, just like always," Chiron replied, coming up behind her and giving her a kiss on the top of the head.

"Your not as charming as you think Chiron," she replied with an attempt mock scorn, but the affect was completely ruined by the big grin across her face.

"Anyhow, how long do we have to wait in this crumbly city anyway?" she asked, as she looked at the nearby gate and the tower that guarded it. The blasted building had already zapped her once and she wanted to make sure she was still out of rnge.

"Just until that human gets here. Then we'll grab her, I'll gobble her up, and we can be on our marry way," Chiron proclaimed with confidence.

"Are you sure she'll even come this way?" asked Hippolyta.

"Of course, this is her best chance, unless she wants to walk all the way to Negav, I swear Hippolyta, by next sundown, my little snack will be making a break for this portal and we'll be waiting."

"If you say so...hey Chiron, would you mind if we cut across toward the Fairy Kingdom before we head back home? I've always wanted to see it."

I hate fairies, "Sure thing dear."

"I've always heard," she said, running her finger down Chiron's chest, "That the Sunfall Thicket is especially romantic this time of year."

"If you say so dear," Scratch that, the fairies are alright by me!

As he leapt from tree to tree, Joseph heard a sound, a familiar sound, a sound that latched onto some primal fear in the back of his brain and didn't let go.

Buzz. Buzz! BUZZ!

Truly the most terrifying sound anyone in Felarya could ever hear!

The soft buzzing of the fairy wings continued to get louder. In response Joseph jumped into a particularly leafy branch. Crouching down to hide himself among the foliage, Joseph drew his knife and held it at the ready. The fairy would probably just pass on by not even noticing that he was there. Unless it saw him that is. As it neared however, Joseph realized he was actually hearing do different fairies, two fairies that seemed...familiar.

"Well wasn't it interesting to see that priest again Titania?"

Priest?

The other fairy, apparently named Titania, just mumbled something under her breath.

"Yeah, and it as even more surprising to see that naga guiding him to the portal, strange that huh?"

"......,"

"But what was most surprising of all," said the first fairy, "Was when you tried to grab him from her, and she socked you right in the face. POW!" she finished, with a mock punch towards her companion.

Titania turned away from the other fairy and Joseph could now clearly see a large black circle surrounding her left eye.

The first fairy giggled, "Yeah, Titania, you went down like a little bitch didn't you?"

"Shut up Mab."

The fairies continued to argue as they flew passed Joseph, failing to notice him in the slightest.

As Joseph waited for them to move out of the range of eyesight, he mulled over the information that he had heard from the two fairies. Father Smith was still alive, and apparently in he company of Andry, at least at the time the fairies saw him. He was also still headed towards the the Great Dimensional Gate, at the ruins of Ur-Sagol.

This left Joseph with two options. One, he continue to wander the Felaryan forest alone till something inevitably tried to eat him...again. Or two, he could try to find the priest and help him, or at least apologize.

Joseph among the leaves for a few minutes going back and forth both options in his head.

Well, I reckon I can go and at least try an' find 'em, and if he doesn't wanna talk to me, that's that.

And with that thought echoing through his head Joseph continued onward, following the scent trail the fairies had left.
Back to top Go down
timing2
timing2

PostSubject: Re: A Werewarg in Felarya   A Werewarg in Felarya - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 8:12 am

Darn it! Laughing I was so looking forward to seeing how Father Smith and Andry got along. What a tease!

Now we have Andry no longer trying to eat him, but even acting as his guide and protecting him from fairies. That is one heck of a turn around in attitude. Suspect

I'm really starting to like Mab and Titania. From the sounds of it, they are probably their own worst enemy when it comes to hunting.

Good job once again on keeping the various story threads going. I'm wondering where all them will eventually meet in the end.
Back to top Go down
http://timing2.deviantart.com
JohnDoe
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: Re: A Werewarg in Felarya   A Werewarg in Felarya - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 11:41 am

timing2 wrote:
Darn it! Laughing I was so looking forward to seeing how Father Smith and Andry got along. What a tease!

Now we have Andry no longer trying to eat him, but even acting as his guide and protecting him from fairies. That is one heck of a turn around in attitude. Suspect

I'm really starting to like Mab and Titania. From the sounds of it, they are probably their own worst enemy when it comes to hunting.

Good job once again on keeping the various story threads going. I'm wondering where all them will eventually meet in the end.

I wasn't really going to show that but now that you mention it, I think I might just show Smith and Andry's interaction.

It'll actually help the story make more sense.
Back to top Go down
timing2
timing2

PostSubject: Re: A Werewarg in Felarya   A Werewarg in Felarya - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 1:17 pm

JohnDoe wrote:
I wasn't really going to show that but now that you mention it, I think I might just show Smith and Andry's interaction.

It'll actually help the story make more sense.
I'm glad to hear that and look forward to seeing the two together. It should make for some interesting character dialog. Smile
Back to top Go down
JohnDoe
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: Re: A Werewarg in Felarya   A Werewarg in Felarya - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 10:13 pm

Alright, here is another chapter. This one is very dialogue heavy, just as warning.

Chapter Seven: Sins and Guilt

"And don't let me catch you around here again or I'll make sure you have a matching set!" roared Andry angrily at the retreating backs and wings of the two fairies. "And that goes for your friend too!"

That felt good, nice stress reliever.

She looked down at Father Smith who had taken refuge behind her tail, "Ha those two fairies won't be back this way anytime soon!" Andry bragged, waving her fist triumphantly, accompanied by the wiggling from the tip of her tail.

Father Smith smiled back, "Once again I must thank you Andry for safeguarding me this far. What convinced you to?" he asked, looking up at her questioningly.

Andry shrugged and crossed her arms, "I don't know, I guess I figure I owe you for cutting me loose," she shivered despite herself, "That Joe guy is one messed up little human, wanting to leave me defenseless like that."

"Well, you did try to kill him Andry," Father Smith interjected.

"I wasn't going to kill him!" she shot back "I was just going to...eat him...a little," she paused at her own words, "But I wasn't being vindictive about it like he was, I was just hungry...that's different right?" She looked a little guilty as she said this, "I mean, this is Felarya, all of this stuff is expected isn't it?"

"I suppose, kind of like how those fairies were just hungry," agreed Father Smith.

"Yeah...I mean no," Andry looked a bit perplexed as this as she tried to come up with a counter argument, "That was a favor, and I...look you didn't want to get eaten did you?" she asked with some anger.

"Well, no I think we can agree on that last point," laughed the Priest, "And I apologize Andry, your right, I'm sorry for questioning the ways of this world, or your methods, especially considering they saved my life."

"Yeah, you shouldn't," she agreed, trying to sound harsher than she felt.

"How did you enjoy those two duikers by the way?"

"Oh them?" asked Andry glad to have the subject changed, "They were delicious, haven't had one of them in years."

"Why not?" asked Smith, sounding as innocent as possible.

"Well because they're too hard to...I mean...um...because...um," she mumbled for a moment before rallying, "Because a growing Naga can't survive on duikers alone!" she finished, nodding sagely for good measure.

"I suppose that's fair enough," agreed Father Smith, "I mean, its not like your eating people simply because you like to, or because catching duikers and what not is to hard right?"

"Right."

"Cause that would be wrong, right?"

"Right, I'm glad you see it my way," said Andry.

There was an uncomfortable silence for a few moments before Andry broke it with a cough.

"So I guess we better get going," said Andry bending down and scoping the priest up. She placed him on her shoulder, slowly slithered towards the great portal.

However, after a few hours of this, a problem arose. Andry stomach was growling audibly, and her eyes seemed to be darting around looking for something to eat.

She turned her head to the priest, "Um, Father Smith?"

The priest looked distracted, he was focusing on some small device, something she didn't understand.

Why do humans always seem so fascinated by those strange contraptions? she wondered, You can't eat it, and it doesn't make anything explode, so I really don't see the purpose in it.

She tried again, "Father Smith?"

Still no response.

"HEY!" she yelled, tapping him on the head with and index finger.

This got the priest's attention. "Sorry Andry I was, looking at this map, what was it you wanted?"

A map huh, then why does he need my, nevermind. "I'm getting a little hungry do you mind if we take a little detour?"

"I'm sorry Andry but I must continue, I have to get to my compatriot before something eats her."

"Oh, well...I guess I could," *growl* "help?"

"No, no don't worry, you need to eat I'll not begrudge you that," he said, "I suppose this is where we part ways."

Andry grasped the priest and set him down gently, "Well so long Smith, good luck with the whole portal thing," she said.

"Thanks, and thanks for all the help," He said, waving at her.

Andry smiled and started to slither away. Well Andry that was yet another selfless act you've accomplished so far. Yep, after a good deed like that, I wouldn't be too surprised if karma deemed it fair to reward you with a nice defenseless village.

"Oh, and Andry," said Father Smith one more time, pausing as she turned to face him, "Please don't feel guilty about the whole 'eating people' thing we talked about earlier, after all its not like you have a choice right?" he reassured her, "Oh and take care!"

And with that he was gone disappearing behind and tree as he continued his journey. Andry turned, and slithered off in another direction, hopefully one that had food.

He's right of course, its not wrong if I don't really have a choice, and I don't. I mean what kind of monster would go around eating people if they didin't have to. I certainly wouldn't!

Right?

Father Smith was tired. Very tired. He had hiked all the way to the Great Portal when he saw something that froze his blood. There were two centaurs guarding it. Two BIG centaurs, one male, and one female who was patrolling the perimeter of the portal at the time while the other rested. The remaining scout was hiding somewhere in the city, at least that's what the device told him, for all he knew she could already be dead, killed by almost anything on this godawful world.

Well at least my reason for coming here is better than the last time, he mused to himself, and then shook his head, as if to get rid of some terrible memory.

Nevermind that now, have to get the scout and the sample through the portal, they'll be time for regrets later, He puzzled for a few minutes trying to think of how to do this. Haven't carried anything even resembling a weapon since I took up the frock. And it wouldn't matter if I didn't because I don't think I ever handled anything with enough force to even phase those giants. Well, except for...

A soft thudding sound interrupted the Priest's thoughts, he looked up, "Hello Joe, was wondering when you'd get here."

Joseph waved at him, "Howdy padre," he said in greeting, his eyes looking somewhere about five inches above Smith's head, "Uh...I reckon I better...uh...um," Joseph went silent for a moment.

"So did that scout of yers get eaten yet or?"

"No," laughed Smith, "No, whoever it is, their still kicking around," He turned to face Joseph and looked at him saying nothing.

"Look," pleaded Joseph, "I'm sorry I went crazy there fer awhile. Its just sometimes, I reckon I get so angry and bloodthirsty, and hungry that I just can't control myself."

Father Smith said nothing, apparently still listening.

"I reckon I was so angry at Andry fer tryin' ta' eat me earlier that I wanted ta'...ta' torture her a bit. I know it was wrong but you don't know what its like living in fear of bein' eatin yer entire life."

"So leave," answered Father Smith simply.

"I can't do that," responded Joseph quickly looking down at the floor.

"Why not? Why not come with me through the portal back to my world? Sure its not the best realm, but I can assure you there's not one giant naga or size shifting fairy to be found there."

"No."

"Why?"

Joseph opened his mouth as if he wanted to say something, to confess something, but he couldn't get it out. After a few moments he just gave up, "Aw why am I botherin' anyhow?" Joseph barked bitterly, "Its not like you could understan' Padre bein' a priest and all. I reckon I done things that can't be forgiven."

Father Smith sighed, placing his hands on his face for a few moments. Eventually he looked back to Joseph, "Joe, there's not such thing as a sin that can't be forgiven."

"I've killed people," said Joseph.

"Plenty have, many of them have found forgiveness."

"Fer revenge or because I hated 'em."

"As long as you realize you were wrong..."

"AND fer money."

Father Smith was taken aback at this last comment but he managed to rally, "That's bad Joe, I'll admit, but still not unforgivable."

"I've eaten people."

This came as a complete shock to Father Smith. He sat in silence for a few moments, trying to think up a response, but all he could do was ask "Why?"

"I was hungry," Joseph responded simply.

Father Smith failed to respond to this.

Joseph turned his away from the priest, to hide his shame, and his disappointment, "See I told you some things can't be forgiven."

"NO!" said Father Smith. "No I refuse to believe that!"

Joseph turned back to face him, surprised at the sudden outburst.

Smith managed to calm himself down, and then he started to tell a story, "I told you once before that I had been to Felarya before right? Well it was a longtime ago...so long ago that those ruins by the portal stood twice as high as they do now."

Joseph was surprised at this, "Just how old are you."

"Really old," responded Smith, "But that's getting ahead of the story. Now as I told you before my world had locked been in warfare for so long that nobody could remember why we had begun to fight. Well the side I fought for had made a stunning breakthrough, one that would eventually lead us to victory. We had managed to find a to bridge the gaps between dimensions, to open up portals to other worlds."

"Well at first we didn't see to much use in the things, as we they did very little to aid us in the war, and like everything else that failed to aid us in the war, we paid very little attention to them. That is until someone came up with an idea of how to exploit them. They would send teams through to different worlds, to scout for new weapons, weapons that would allow us to defeat our foes once and for all."

"And you got sent to Felarya right?

"Exactly, I was sent to Felarya, me and a whole team of scouts. I was in the army at that point, as almost everyone was back then. For weeks I lead my team through the forests and deserts of Felarya, searching for a way to defeat our enemy. But in the end all we found was healing soil and giant predators. So we returned back home. I was disappointed too, I hated the enemy so much, and I had thought this strange world might of held some terrible secret weapon. But if it does, we never found it."

"Nobody got eaten?"

"HA!" barked Smith, "Everyone on my team had at least three centuries of experience, those predators never even knew we were there, I've just gotten rusty since the Peace."

"So your world did find peace?"

"No, we found a weapon. Not my team, but another, sent to some other world. They were strange devices and I never understood them, but the scientists did, and they were able to reproduce them at an alarming rate. And since I had led my team so well I was one of the soldiers given the 'privilege' of letting it lose on the enemy. I was placed in a bomber and set off to fly over several of their cities, and at each one I was to press a button and release part of my payload. And I did, every time, exactly nine times."

"I watched the cities burn to the ground each time, and when I was done," Father Smith shook his head, "I wept, as filled with hate as I was, I wept."

It was Joseph turn remained silent.

"It was on that day that I handed in my uniform, my gun, and all my equipment and joined the priesthood. It was my penance, the penance I decided on myself, to heal the world that I had helped destroy.

"But that wasn't yer fault," said Joseph, "You were just a soldier you couldn't have done anything about it."

"Bullshit," said Smith, "I could of not pressed that button, I saw what happened to first time, but I continued to press it, every time, till my payload was empty."

Joseph just shook his head, trying to grasp the numbers of people in those cities in his head, and finally giving up.

"The worst part about it is that everyone still calls me a hero. And yet still, despite all the death I helped to cause, despite the sickness that came later from those same weapons I dropped, I believe that forgiveness is attainable if I repent for what I've done."

"I...I just don't know Padre I just don't know."

"I won't continue to argue the point Joe, but I hope that you'll start to seek forgiveness at some point, as hard as that may be. The first thing you can do is help me get that scout and a sample of Felaryan soil through the portal."

"I'll do that much, Padre, shouldn't be too hard."

"Did I mention the giant centaurs patrolling the gate?"

"No, reckon that could make it a mite harder. Reckon we best wait fer dawn, centaurs got powerful clear night vision, and while my own ain't to shabby reckon yers aint, right?"

Smith nodded, "Tomorrow it is, I could use some sleep before we try this anyways.

"G'night," said Joseph, "I reckon I might try to rustle up something that could make this a mite easier."

As Smith laid down for the night, Joseph wandered off into the forests of Felarya, mentioning some kind of flower and a special sap.
Back to top Go down
SuperPieGuy9
Great warrior
Great warrior
SuperPieGuy9

PostSubject: Re: A Werewarg in Felarya   A Werewarg in Felarya - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 2:03 pm

Karbo wrote:
Great chapter ^_^
Nice action and this part with the centaurs looks interesting Smile

<< "You know, gluttony is a sin..."
hahaha he must become Crazy in Felarya XD

Actually I'm pretty sure in Christianity gluttony is one of the worst sins a person could commit. One of the Seven Deadly Sins as a matter of fact. But then again I'm just drawing this off of memory from the History Channel when it did something on the Seven Deadly Sins.
Back to top Go down
JohnDoe
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: Re: A Werewarg in Felarya   A Werewarg in Felarya - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 2:40 pm

SuperPieGuy9 wrote:
Karbo wrote:
Great chapter ^_^
Nice action and this part with the centaurs looks interesting Smile

<< "You know, gluttony is a sin..."
hahaha he must become Crazy in Felarya XD

Actually I'm pretty sure in Christianity gluttony is one of the worst sins a person could commit. One of the Seven Deadly Sins as a matter of fact. But then again I'm just drawing this off of memory from the History Channel when it did something on the Seven Deadly Sins.

The Seven Deadly Sins are something of a misnomer. Their actually character flaws that can can lead to sinfulness .Simply being greedy isn't a sin, but stealing, which is often a byproduct of greed is.

Mortal Sins are the worst sits you can commit.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: A Werewarg in Felarya   A Werewarg in Felarya - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 6:25 pm

nice continuation of the story ^_^
I really loved this dialog between Andry and the priest. And the moment where Joseph confess to him was priceless XD
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
timing2
timing2

PostSubject: Re: A Werewarg in Felarya   A Werewarg in Felarya - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 2:28 am

Well, I for one thank you for the scene between Andry and Father Smith.

I loved Andry's line: "I was just going to...eat him...a little." Smile Is that like being a little pregnant?

The conversation between Joseph and Father Smith was an eye opener. Seems like ol' Joe has some real issues to work out, but Father Smith's background was even more a surprise. Smith and his scout team's mission into Felarya sounds like it'd be an interesting story, should you decide to flesh it out one day. The fact that none of them were eaten has to be some kind of record. Laughing
Back to top Go down
JohnDoe
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: Re: A Werewarg in Felarya   A Werewarg in Felarya - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 10:08 am

I'm glad you guys liked it.

I'll try put up the next chapter by the end of this weekend if school work permits.
Back to top Go down
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: A Werewarg in Felarya   A Werewarg in Felarya - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 12:25 am

Good continuation! Father Smith's background is indeed a surprise. I like the 'subtle' effect he's having on Andry, and her musings after they part company.

And of course the line "Yep, after a good deed like that, I wouldn't be too surprised if karma deemed it fair to reward you with a nice defenseless village." lol!
Back to top Go down
JohnDoe
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: Re: A Werewarg in Felarya   A Werewarg in Felarya - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 1:57 am

This one has some violence in it.

I tried to avoid getting to graphic, but still, death and blood and bad things.

Chapter Eight: The Climax

Private Sanders looked longingly at the dimensional gate. She was only half a mile from it, a quick sprint, a few minutes of being out in the open and she would be back home, safe. She would present the sample of earth that she had gathered and be welcomed back as a conquering hero and quite possibly the savior of her planet.

"If only those damn centaurs weren't in the way!" she complained.

She was hiding out in what was once a large structure, possibly a storehouse. Now it was just a large pile of rubble, having been swallowed up like everything else on this godforsaken world. The centaurs acted like they could sense her, they kept perking up and looking around, the male even coming within inches of the colonel's hideout. Luckily he had passed her by, for some reason they couldn't seem to pinpoint her exact location. How could they sense her at all anyway? Wait a vague sort of 'predator sense' had been mentioned in the briefing, it had something to do with magic...a topic she knew little about.

Sanders eyes drifted to centaurs, the female was napping while the male was pacing back and forth in front of the gate. Sanders looked down at her remaining rations, she only had one meal and a tiny bit of water left, after that she would end up starving on this strange world.

That's it, its now or never, I just got to run for it, she thought, as she picked up the sample of earth in one hand and her firearm in the other, I'll just shoot at him when I get close and hope that will hold him off long enough for me to make it to the gate. Sanders began to mentally prepare herself for the task, Alright on three. One. Two...

There was a slight cough, and it took a moment for Private Sander's to realize it wasn't her that was making that sound. She turned toward the noise waving her gun. That is until she saw who it was. She dropped the gun.

"Commander Smith," she said saluting. Sander's couldn't believe it. Standing before her was Commander Adam Smith, the hero of Whiskey Run, the man who led the first mission to Felarya, and planned the strategy that led to the route of the enemy at Hammer Creek. They'd sent him to save her?

Smith waved his hands signaling for Sanders to stop, "Please, please, I'm not a commander anymore, just a priest, I gave all that up," he said.

Oh yeah, that's right he did, right after Operation Dustbowl. I wonder why, they were going to make him a general. Sanders dropped the salute but still stood at attention, fifty years in the military did that to a person.

"So...sir..." she began, "What, what exactly are you doing here?"

Father Smith looked at her, "Well, after your team didn't return, the top brass agreed to send me in to see if I could locate you, are you all that's left Private Sanders?"

Sanders nodded, "Yes sir."

Father Smith shook his head, "Pity, well then we might as well leave now, and you don't have to call me sir, I'm a priest remember?"

"Sir, uh I mean Father, how are we supposed to make it passed the centaurs?" she asked, "They seem pretty intent on eating me."

"Don't worry, I've got a friend working on that as we speak."

Joseph cradled the bottle in his left hand.

He'd found it in a pile of clothes the night before. Its former owner having been the victim of a fairy attack, likely as not. To show his sympathies, Joseph gave a toast for the man before downing the contents, some of the best fumac liquor he'd had in quite a while. Delicious.

He had then decided to refill the bottle with crunierlon sap. That was the easy part, as he knew where an old crunierlon tree was in the area, a tall old thing, with gnarled roots. This stuff could make you feel the dust on your skin and the subtleties of the wind like never before. It could also make a splinter feel like a dagger to your gut.

The hard part was find a termo flower, and it had taken all night to find a patch of them, which meant he hadn't gotten to eat. He could feel the beast in him howl with hunger, with the desire to break free and satiate the void that lay in its gullet.

Joseph suppressed this urge as best he could and focused his mind back on the topic at hand. Fire Flowers, which gave off incredible heat. He had plucked the biggest one, which gave off as much heat as an open flame.

That same flower was in his right hand know, being held by the stem to avoid burning his hand. He made his way quickly the the ruins of Ur Sagol, getting closer and closer to the male centaur that stood guard next to the Dimensional Gate.

And he was a big one. Joseph admittedly hadn't seen to many centaurs, as he only rarely ventured out of the forest, and even then he mostly went into the Akaptor Desert in search of voidcaps, and other items of use. He'd only ventured into the plains a handful of times, they had too little cover for his taste.

Nonetheless Joseph could tell that this guy was big, even for a centaur. What he'd been doing this far into the forests was a mystery, it wasn't really the best place for centaurs. Too many trees and vines and whatnot to get tangled around their legs and trip them up.

What in tarnation could make these two want the scout so badly?

Joseph was closing in, now only a few feet away from the centaur.

He looked back to the bottle in his hand, Pity I didn't bring any firlianae venom with me, or some fire grass with me. He shrugged, Oh well, reckon this' ll have to do.

Joseph quickly stuffed the termo flower into the bottle, where it met the crunierlon sap. He waited for a few moments, till smoke started to pour out the bottle. When this happened he pulled back his arm, and tossed the bottle as hard as he could upward, towards the centaur's face.

Following this, Joseph took off running, and for once he completely ignored stealth.

Chiron paced back and forth.

It had been a long time since he'd last eaten. His fat reserves were running low, and he knew that if he didn't eat soon there would be severe consequences.

But he wasn't about to give up, he and Lyta were so close to finishing the ceremony. That female human was around here somewhere, he could feel it, even if he couldn't get a precise lock. Sadly his gift was that he could locate prey from a very long distance away, knowing which direction to go even if they were miles away. Finding their exact location on the otherhand was beyond him. This had never been a problem in the plains, but here in this crumbling city overrun by trees and plants, it was proving quite a problem as there was an endless amount of places for something prey sized to hide.

Chiron's thoughts were interrupted by a sudden smell, coming from somewhere below him.

Is something burning?

Chiron looked down as something exploded directly in front of his face. A burning liquid splashed on his face and eyes, which only crew more and more intense with time, till it felt that his face was on fire. Chiron roared in pain as he furiously tried to wipe this substance off of his face. He bucked and snorted, kicking up a huge amount of dust.

Is this some new prey trick? he thought to himself as he tried to regain his vision.

Hippolyta was woken up by Chiron's roars of pain.

"Whats the matter?" she mumbled, as she stood up, rubbing her eyes. Slowly her vision cleared. That's when she saw Chiron, roaring and stamping in pain. She started towards him, intent on aiding him as best she could when she caught movement out of the corner of her eye. Hippolyta turned and there she was, the female!

As Hippolyta started towards her however, there was the sound of gunshots. Bullets stung the her face as she neared the female. There was another human Hippolyta realized, a male and an older one at that. He was firing at her, aiming at her eyes. Hippolyta covered her face with her hands charged at him, she let out a kicked out with her front legs when she neared where the human was. The first two kicks missed him, but the third glanced him, and that was enough to send the human flying.

Hippolyta turned back to the female, and started after her, trying to catch her before she reached the gate.

Finally the heat burning Chiron's face started to die down, as quick as it had came, it fled completely. All that was left was that sticky substance covering his face. There wasn't even any charred flesh, which surprised him. My face should be ash, what was that stuff anyway? His face felt weird.

Chiron looked around and saw Hippolyta chasing something, What could she be...the female! Chiron realized. Better yet they were coming right towards him. Chiron bent down, preparing to catch the woman as she came by. Soon Lyta, just a little while longer and we'll be as one.

However, just as the women was nearing something fell out of the trees above Chiron and landed on his head. Before Chiron could react it was on his face. driving a knife into his cheek. Again, pain surged through him, this time even worse then before. He roared as he tried to grab whatever was attacking him.

The thing was able to avoid Chiron's clumsy attempts to catch it, as it slashed into his face again and again with its weapon. Finally Chiron reared up on his hind legs and then threw his whole body forward. This finally threw the thing off Chiron's face and sent it flying forward. Chiron clutched his face in pain, only to feel several very shallow cuts into his skin? Why does this hurt so much?

Everything was moving so fast, did he hear gunshots?

What's going on? All I want is to get married. Why must these humans being so stubborn about it?

Joseph was flung through the air, still clutching his knife drenched in the centaur's blood. Lucky I found that that sap, Reckon that centaur wouldn't feel a thin' without it. Now all I gotta worry about is the landing.

Joseph's body smashed into the ground. He he skidded across ground for awhile, finally coming to a halt. His knife was gone, having been lost when first hit the ground, as was his hat and his duster. He was beaten and bloody, and angry, and hungry. He could feel the beast roaring in pain, and he realized something. I ain't gonna be able to hold it in this time.

He could feel his skin burning, like it always did before the change. I don't wanna, not till Father Smith and his scout get outta here. But the beast wasn't listening this time. His body contorted in pain, his claws growing again, and his eyes glowed yellow. Padre, ya better be runnin'.

Joseph began to scream, but somewhere between his lungs and his lips, it turned into a howl. He felt his body shift, and then...

The Warg howled shaking the trees and ruins around it. It had been asleep for so long, but it slept no longer. Now it was awake again and it wanted the whole world to know. Again it howled and leaves from nearby fell to the ground from the force of its howl.

It stood sixty feet tall at the shoulder, was twice as long from the tip of its snout to end of its tail. It body was shaped much like that of a wolf, but much stockier, like a molosser. Its fur was black, almost otherworldly, as it didn't reflect any light. This made the Warg appear more like a shadow than a solid being. It was big, it was strong, it was frightening beyond all believe but most of all...

It was hungry.

Hippolyta continued to chase the human female to as she ran towards the dimensional gate. She quickly gained on the human, bending her body forward and reaching out with her hands, inches away. Time seemed to slow as she reached a for the girl, her fingers briefly touched the girl's back, gently stroking the fabric of her clothing. She reached again, sure of her catch this time.

And that's when she heard it, that hideous howling sound. She turned and she saw it, the great big huge thing, like a shadow made real. The thing that had haunted her dreams, that had made her quake with fear. Hippolyta screamed.

She ran, terror causing her to completely bypass her former prey. When she reached the tree line, Hippolyta stumbed and fell, having caught one of her four legs on a root. The ting was sprained really badly, but nothing the Felaryan soil couldn't fix, provided she could get away. Gotta get up, she thought desperately, Got to get away, can't die, can't die, I'm not even married yet. I have to live, for Chiron as well as myself. So much to do, haven't even had one foal yet. Please someone, some god or guardian please. Hippolyta pleaded desperately for the strength to force herself back up and run, if any power was listening it did not act.

Instead the beast came upon her, she could see it, like something out of her nightmares. Saliva dripped from its mouth, and the very air around it seemed to be colder, as if it were draining the energy of the world around it. It stood for a moment analyzing her.

And then there was a sharp pain.

And then the world faded.

Colonel Sanders ran as fast as she could carrying her sample, not looking back. She heard a howl, but she didn't look back. She heard a scream, but she didn't look back. She heard the sound of ripping flesh and, What the heck was that?

There was a monster attacking one of the centaurs, the female. It was ripping into her, pulling the meat off of her body, eating her at an alarming rate. Colonel Sander ran on, not stopping. Whatever this world was she'd be leaving it shortly. She ran past the male centaur as he turned towards grizzly display, his face in shock. She ran past ancient artifacts and ruins, she ran past everything, that is until she heard a moaning sound. It was Father Smith, some how still alive even after the massive kick he had received.

Sander's rushed towards his side, she tried to help him up, but he waved her off, "Go, get to the portal, get that sample to the portal," he mumbled between heavy breaths.

"But sir what about you, I can't leave you here."

"Go, that's an order."

"I thought you were a priest not a–"

"I said get!" barked Smith, pushing her towards the portal.

Sanders found herself running again, before she new it she was there, standing a few feet away from the shimmering surface of the gateway.

Sanders closed her eyes and thought about her barracks. Her standard military bunk now seemed to be the height of luxury after sleeping in trees and holes in the ground, shivering at the thought about being eaten. She thought about meals cooked in the cafeteria, her friends, her family, her entire world.

Colonel Sanders opened her eyes, looked at the portal, and stepped through.

Chiron stared in disbelieve. No, no, no, no, this can't be happening, she can't be, she won't be, I've...I've got to stop that thing!

Chiron charged towards the beast accosting his poor Lyta. He smashed into it, sending it flying. The impact felt like smacking into a wall, but Chiron didn't care. All he cared about was Hippolyta as he inspected her.

"Its okay, nothing the soil can't heal, don't worry we'll get you to the shaman and you'll be all better, you'll live, I swear you'll live" he gasped, tears pouring down his face.

And then he saw her throat, torn out, and her eyes listless, empty.

The despair, the regret, and the sorrow welled within him and forced its way out. Chiron screamed. When he was done he picked up Lyta's head and cradled it. Why, why did it have to end this way? It's my fault, its all my fault, I should've, I could've...why did you have to die.

The monster growled. Chiron looked at it, and his sorrow turned to hate. He charged again, roaring. This time however the beast bit down on his arm when he drew near, shredding flesh and cracking bone as it did so. Undaunted, rage and adrenaline blocking out the pain, Chiron pulled back his other fist and smashed it again and again to the beasts head. By the end of it his knuckles were raw and bleeding, but the monster seemed unharmed.

With a sudden twist of its neck the thing tossed Chiron through the air, smashing him into a pile of rubble, scattering dust and slag everywhere. Chron struggled to his feet again, and attempted a charge. His legs were too weak however, and he was losing to much blood through the wound in his arm. Chiron staggered and fell.

He looked at Hippolyta again so beautiful even as damaged as she was. The beast neared again. Chiron looked at it and this time instead of getting up, trying to fight, or resist, he simply exposed his own neck.

The monster accepted his offer.

Father Smith saw the monster and the centaur duking it out, but ignored it for the time being. He limped over to Joseph's hat and duster, hoping to find out what happened to them. Strange where could he have gone, he thought as he looked over to the beast and the centaur's struggling, and he remembered the sins that Joseph had confessed to earlier. And then it clicked, "Oh Joe," he whispered, shaking his head.

He sat down, landing on the duster, he was too broken to go any further, the centauress having shattered several bones, including his left femur some of his ribs, and his left arm. He couldn't make it to the portal, and as broken as he was, he wasn't sure he wanted to. At least Sanders got through with the sample. I may have just helped to alleviate my crimes. Either way, its over now.

The beast was eating the centaurs at an alarming rate, ripping off flesh and devouring them completely bones and all, not even bothering to chew. Soon it would be looking for something else to fill it up. Father Smith shifted, turning his body away from the carnage, and as he did so he felt something hard in the duster. What could this be?

He reached into the coat and pulled out a journal, and a pen. The priest opened it, and began writing. When he finished up, Smith placed the journal back into the coat. He managed to force himself back on his feet, and stumbled a few feet forward before collapsing again.

Father Smith closed his eyes, and prayed. He prayed for those around him, and for his own forgiveness. He prayed that the sample of Felaryan soil would save his planet, and that Joseph and Andry would find away to live in this violent world without destroying themselves. Last of all he prayed from himself, asking for forgiveness.

When Smith opened his eyes the beast that was Joseph stood before him. Its mouth was open, and he could see every single tooth, pearly white and sharp as razors.

The maw descended upon Father Adam Smith, and everything went black.

The Warg finished gulped down its latest bite, and then howled again, still hungry. Eventually Joseph would regret the events of today. He would hate himself for what he had done and would wish there was someway, anyway he could reverse it.

But the Warg could only focus on the hunger in its stomach, and so it left the ruins of Ur Sagol, and the dimensional gate. Loping its way into the dark forest that seemed so enticing, so familiar.

So full of food.
Back to top Go down
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: A Werewarg in Felarya   A Werewarg in Felarya - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 5:35 am

Oh, goodness. That cuts down a bit on your list of characters. Shocked

That was very well written; you succeed masterfully at appealing to our emotions for the victims - including the centaurs, despite the fact that they wanted to kill someone themselves. I felt for each of them, and for Joseph too, who's going to feel horrible when he's back to normal. Chiron cradling Lyta and crying over her body was a tear-wrencher.

Oh, and that was a clever use of crunierlon sap, I must say.
Back to top Go down
JohnDoe
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: Re: A Werewarg in Felarya   A Werewarg in Felarya - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 2:38 pm

French snack wrote:
Oh, goodness. That cuts down a bit on your list of characters. Shocked

That was very well written; you succeed masterfully at appealing to our emotions for the victims - including the centaurs, despite the fact that they wanted to kill someone themselves. I felt for each of them, and for Joseph too, who's going to feel horrible when he's back to normal. Chiron cradling Lyta and crying over her body was a tear-wrencher.

Oh, and that was a clever use of crunierlon sap, I must say.

Thanks, this is what I was going for.

And yeah, Joseph is going to hate himself when he regains control.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: A Werewarg in Felarya   A Werewarg in Felarya - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 9:49 am

when I saw the size of that story I was like "whoah I should put aside a good half hour for this" but when I started the time just flew by, and before I knew it I was at the ending. It's very captivating, you did a good job characterizing everything, the centaurs emotions as well as the people getting the soil. The insatiable werewarg, it was all excellent. This must have taken a lot of revision. @_@
Back to top Go down
JohnDoe
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: Re: A Werewarg in Felarya   A Werewarg in Felarya - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 2:32 pm

Archmage_Bael wrote:
when I saw the size of that story I was like "whoah I should put aside a good half hour for this" but when I started the time just flew by, and before I knew it I was at the ending. It's very captivating, you did a good job characterizing everything, the centaurs emotions as well as the people getting the soil. The insatiable werewarg, it was all excellent. This must have taken a lot of revision. @_@

I'm glad you liked it so much.

I got one more chapter to go before this particular story is done.
Back to top Go down
timing2
timing2

PostSubject: Re: A Werewarg in Felarya   A Werewarg in Felarya - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 6:56 pm

That was a brutal chapter, but I think you pulled it off well. I did not care much for the centaurs in the previous chapters, but I did feel sorry for them here. They had no idea what was about to befall them when Joseph changed form.

Father Smith's death was tragic. After all he had survived, only to end up being killed by Joseph. Guess that's one more sin in a long list of them.

After seeing him lose control, I'm not sure how anyone would ever be safe around him. It's only a matter of time before he changes again, despite any precautions he takes. It'll be interesting to see where he goes and what he does once he realizes what's happened. If he completely consumed Father Smith, he might not even realize he was responsible for that heinous deed until much later.

I'd hate to be in his shoes if Andry finds out what he did. He'd probably end up splatted to a pulp if she caught him (which he might welcome, who knows?). Wink
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: A Werewarg in Felarya   A Werewarg in Felarya - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 7:24 am

Wow this certainly reduced the numbers of your characters ^^;
That was quite unepected I must say and clearly a powerful chapter Smile
Like others !I also feel for Smith and the two centaurs T_T
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
JohnDoe
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: Re: A Werewarg in Felarya   A Werewarg in Felarya - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 3:34 pm

Thanks for all the comments I appreciated it

And now for the conclusion!

Chapter Nine - The New Paradigm

For once Joseph felt completely full.

And he was sickened by it.

It was always this way after the change. The Warg would gorge itself on whatever if could find and he, Joseph, would be full for weeks, not needing to eat, not needing to hunt, not constantly consumed by hunger.

And he would remember everything it ate. He wished he didn't, he wished that everything it did was consumed by darkness in his mind, hazy in his memory. But it was crystal clear in every detail. He couldn't control it, couldn't tame it, but he could remember that things it did, even if he didn't remember what went on in its mind, or was it his mind?

Why did it have to go an' eat Father Smith? Why couldn't I control it just this one time? Reckon it didn't need Smith, he was only bite so why? Joseph silently cursed himself as he came upon the scene of his rampage.

He had woken up as he always had after these rampages, in a knothole, a burrow, or a pile of leaves, some kind of cover his dazed body would crawl to after the change. This time it was a shallow burrow, likely dug by some manner of sentient given that there were shovel marks in the sides of the tunnel. Since then Joseph had made up all sorts of tasks, and jobs for himself, making sure not to let any of the time he wasn't starving constantly go to waste. He went searching for voidcaps, fire grass, and the other, lets call them 'solutions' that Felarya sometimes provided to help with the many problems that it always managed to supply.

But in the end he had to go back to the dimensional gate, to retrieve his duster, hat, and knife. Joseph had avoided it mentally as well, ignoring the guilt that always seemed to rise up in his belly. He was able to put it off while he was occupied with other things. But here, at the scene of the crime, it overwhelmed him. He knelt down, and wept for the priest and, as ashamed as he was to admit it, for himself as well.

This is why I can't leave Felarya, Padre. I reckon on other worlds I'd be a hideous monster, but here I just sorta fit into the background. I'm still a monster, but nobody really notices. Joseph thought for a moment, Mostly 'cause I end up eatin' 'em all. Point is I reckon I don't stand out. This is where I belong, with all the rest of the monsters, he thought bitterly.

After awhile Joseph got up and dried his tears. This was was no place to be unprepared and unaware, leastways if you didn't want to die. And for some reason he could never quite understand Joseph always seemed to push forward, even when he felt like dying.

Slowly he moved to pick up his effects. First his knife, as sharp as the day it was given to him. This was followed by his hat which he placed on his head. This managed to give Joseph some comfort, the familiar weight on his head as much a part of him as any part of his body. Finally he picked up his duster, and threw it over his shoulder. There was a thwack as something inside it hit his leg. Joseph reached into the coat and pulled the offending object out.

Ha my journal! I got some things to write in this thing! Joseph's thoughts where interrupted by a loud crashing sound, But I reckon I better do it somewhere else.

With that he took off across the clearing and jumped back into the trees, making his way back home.

Joseph landed next to Phil. He had made good time through the forest, as he didn't have to stop to find something to eat as he usually did. Also he'd only run into one predator on his way over, but luckily she hadn't seen him. Was one of them dridders too, Joseph always felt he was about to step on a web while one of them was around. He was glad she didn't see him, because until he was hungry again, he wouldn't be able to shift into the Warg even if he wanted to.

"Hey Phil how you been?" he asked, "That's good," he answered patting Phil as he walked to the entrance of his hideout and slipped inside.

Once inside of his hideout Joseph quickly took out the book, and set it on the ground.

This a world of monsters.

Felarya

It is a horrific world, filled with creatures that will eat a man as fast a look at him.

Joseph paused, "Well, what does that make me?" He asked himself before laughing, "Reckon I know."

And I, Joseph Stranger, ain't much better.

Joseph looked down at the page and shook his head in disgust, only to notice something, peculiar. He felt the surface of the page, and yes their were small, almost invisible grooves, as if someone had written on the other side. But I didn't write anything on the second page yet.

He turned the page and indeed there was writing on it. Joseph was surprised, but he quickly read the writing in disbelief, and following that he read again, and again, till he could be absolutely sure he wasn't imagining it.

Joseph,

I suppose I've know come to realize why you are so hesitant to leave Felarya, what with that...thing...you've turned into. I want you to know that I don't blame you for what you are about to do, I know that if you could control it you would. I ask you not to blame yourself, but I know you will, so I'm going to charge you with tasks to do as penance for your actions today, and those in the past.

One, no more killing sentient beings unless you have to. I know on this world taking the less violent path is not always an option, but I urge you to take it whenever you can. I think you'll find that in the end it is the better way.

Two, help others as you have helped me, help travelers lost in Felarya and predators if they need it, even if its hard to do.

Three, Joseph I don't know if its possible, but search for a way to control the change. I know you probably have already and come up with nothing, but still you never know what's out there. In the meantime try not to skip to many meals.

Well that's it, make sure to do those three things and I know I at least will forgive you for your past. I thank you for aiding me Joe, you may have given my world the chance to undo some of the consequences of mine and others misdeeds. Remember you can't change what was done in the past, only what you will do in the future.

–Father Smith

Joseph put his journal down and thought for a moment, I...I reckon I better do what he says. It was strange, he never got a letter from somebody he was about to eat. He'd expected more curse words.

A sudden creaking all around him interrupted Joseph's musings and informed him that Phil had caught something, Wonder what it could be? he thought as he climbed out of his hole. He was surprised when he found out just who it was.

Andry was gripping a nearby tree with both her hands desperately trying to pull herself forward. One off Phil's long tendrils had wrapped itself around the middle of her tail and was trying to pull her towards its maw. Andry had her eyes closed as she struggled, to preoccupied to notice Joseph at all. She was actually doing rather well considering how strong Phil was.

Well, I guess I better help her then, like the Padre asked, Joseph gulped nervously, Hope she ain't too angry about the whole tying her up thing,
he thought as he approached the struggling naga.

The tendril around her a tail was taught as a bow string, and not to thick. Joseph knew that while the tendrils of a Hydra tree were extraordinarily strong and tough, stretched out like this it would be fairly easy to cut through. He pulled out his knife and sighed, "Sorry Phil, can't let you have this one," he mumbled.

With a few well placed strokes the tendril was cut, this caused Phil's tendril to fly backward smashing into the trunk. Andry's tail performed a similar function spring forward and smashing her headlong into the tree she was holding on too. Instinctively she wrapped her tail around the tree trunk with such force that it caused the bark to splinter. She opened her eyes and saw part of Phil's tendril still gripping onto her, she blinked and looked around until her eyes fell on Joseph, at which point they stopped moving entirely and stared him down.

Well good deed done better skedaddle, thought Joseph as he slowly backed up. There was a sudden and very loud thud behind him, as Joseph backed directly into Andry's waiting hand. Her fingers grasped around him, gently enough that there was no pain, but too firmly to leave any hope of escape.

Aw hell!

They stared at each other for a few moments. Neither one betraying any emotion, faces like stone, and eyes locked, no motion and no sound just silence.

And then Joseph broke it, "Uh howdy?" he said attempting to wave only to remember that Andry had his hands clamped to his side by Andry's fingers, "How you been Andry?"

Andry continued to stare for a few moments, at a loss of what to say and then...

"You!" she said suddenly, "You are going to teach me!"

"Teach ya?" asked Joseph, confused. Andry nodded. "Teach ya what?" asked Joseph, "How ta' speak properly?" he hazarded.

"What? NO!" said a frustrated Andry, "How to hunt!"

Joseph thought for a moment, "Reckon that makes sense," Joseph admitted, "Yer a piss poor hunter."

"Am not!" Andry responded, "I just...need a few pointers, that's all."

"Well why should I?" asked Joseph.

Andry suddenly brought Joseph towards her till his head was almost touching her lips. She opened her mouth slowly, letting him see its detail entirely. He could she her red tongue, the walls of her mouth, and of course the glistening white teeth which suddenly snapped shut with large clacking sound.

Joseph shook his head, "Nope, that ain't gonna cut it," he explained, "If I teach ya how to hunt like me, ain't gonna be a man, woman, or child safe in these woods, and that'll be on my conscience, "I'll only agree to teach you if you promise never to eat anything sentient again."

"Fine," Andry grumbled, "Deal."

Alright I guess I better go along with her, until I can reach my...wait a minute, she AGREED?

Joseph was dumbfounded, "Okay then, I reckon I'll teach you," he said suddenly, without even realizing it.

"Great," said Andry.

Well I'll be a bloodclaw's uncle, I guess the Padre was more right then I knew...

"Of course when I say I won't ever eat any intelligent lifeforms, I meant the good people, I still maintain the right to eat the bad ones," Andry said suddenly.

"Now hold on just a minute..." started Joseph.

"Oh come on you gotta give me the murderers and rapists and whatnot!" said Andry.

"...Fair enough," said Joseph, "But nobody else got it?"

"Yep!" said Andry smiling smugly.

"Also ya gotta start wearing clothes."

"Why?" Andry asked.

"Believe me, you'll need 'em."

"Alright...but only if you shave more often, oh and bathe."

Ugh, maybe I should just let her eat me.

This a world of monsters.

Felarya

It is a horrific world, filled with creatures that will eat a man as fast a look at him.

And I, Joseph Stranger, ain't much better.

But I'm trying to be.
Back to top Go down
EliteCreature
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
EliteCreature

PostSubject: Great Job   A Werewarg in Felarya - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 6:58 pm

Good story...We hear the Characters thoughts...thats nice Smile
Back to top Go down
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: A Werewarg in Felarya   A Werewarg in Felarya - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 11:42 am

Good continuation. I liked the added comment at the very end.

I do always wonder, though, how morally-inclined predators think they can recognise murderers and rapists wandering around...
Back to top Go down
EliteCreature
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
EliteCreature

PostSubject: yeah....   A Werewarg in Felarya - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 12:55 pm

i wonder that too!... wow....a naga persuaded to wear clothes AND not eat humans (except bad ones...which brings us back to snack's question...how does she know who is good and who is bad?

Last edited by EliteCreature on Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mistake)
Back to top Go down
timing2
timing2

PostSubject: Re: A Werewarg in Felarya   A Werewarg in Felarya - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 1:12 pm

EliteCreature wrote:
i wonder that too!... wow....a naga persuaded to wear clothes AND not eat humans (except bad ones...which brings us back to snack's question...how does she know who is good and who is bad?
This reminds me of the joke from the movie "Good Morning Vietnam" where there's a question about how can you tell if someone is the enemy. "Well, we ask them, 'Are you the enemy?' and if they say 'Yes,' we shoot them!"

Short of catching someone in the act or tracking them down after such act, I'm not sure how they'd know.

Of course, there are some beings like the naga Saya. She'd know. Smile

-

That was an unexpected ending and excellent ending! I like how things turned out, though it seemed a little too convenienient for Andry to show up and be caught by Phil that easily. Maybe he was hiding his true range from her all this time, hoping she'd wander too close? Smile

Still, the scene worked well and I'm happy to see Joe & Andry together after all that. Father Smith would've been happy, I think. I do hope Andry does her best to make sure Joe stays well fed. After some intense training by him, I don't think that'll be too much of a problem. Now, if only they can keep from getting on each other's nerves... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Werewarg in Felarya   A Werewarg in Felarya - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Werewarg in Felarya
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next