Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Problems with Felarya

Go down 
+26
JohnDoe
Grave
itsmeyouidiot
Pendragon
vegasmazza3
Malahite
sonik0578
Stabs
xlrp
pirostyle
Oldman40k2003
gwadahunter2222
vegeta002
Raveolution
/Fish/
Reptillian
timing2
Feadraug
FalconJudge
rcs619
Anime-Junkie
melancholy-melody13
Karbo
Sillysausage
Warrior3000
Stephiana
30 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Stephiana
Tasty morsel

Problems with Felarya Empty
PostSubject: Problems with Felarya   Problems with Felarya Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 4:32 pm

Hello there, forgive me if I didn't introduce myself earlier. As you all should know *points to username* That's my name. I came across Felarya by roaming around on deviantArt and I was fascinated with it. However...I still see some problems with it.

• There doesn't seem to be enough herbivores.
  • I haven't seen much same size vore, but that's not my main concern with size. The fact that many of the giant predators don't see people as people disturbs me, and conveys a message that midgets (sorry if I insulted anyone) aren't people. The wiki entry of Tinies seems to further emphasize this. .__.
  • The enormous number of females makes the whole realm seem sexist, and the slight appearance of males conveys the message that men are nothing better than food.
  • Men seem to be the only ones decently clothed.
  • How can the giant beings stealthily move around if they're visible to the naked eye about 500+ft away? Anything that large makes at least some noise.
  • This is a rather odd one, but it is is possible to hold a space attack. I've always pictured Felarya as either a cylinder or box (due to the fact it's a self contained plane, the side rifts lead back to Felarya while the top ones and bottom ones lead to other places) and with this model, an interdimensional space fleet could attack from the bottom of Felarya, considering how no one's been able to dig their way out of it. No one would see it coming D:
Back to top Go down
Warrior3000
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Warrior3000

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Felarya   Problems with Felarya Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 4:56 pm

Running down that list;

1) Agreed, however, it is a vore oriented world so watcha gonna do? Besides, I do not believe snakes, spiders, and fish aren't all very accustomed to feeding on plants. Some other species may work as Herbivores though.

2)Same size between humans is FORBIDDEN. For obvious reasons. While, amongst, say Nagas, it would be entirely possible, but alot of people seem to be in love with the idea that nagas are all benevolent creatures who would never eat their own kind. Bah.

3) Agreed x 9000

4) Well, people seem to be put off by male bits everywhere, yet exposed breast and vaginas 24/7 = O.K. Again, go figure.

5) Interesting thought. I really don't know what to say to this.

6)????

7)PROFIT

Last edited by Warrior3000 on Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://w-3-k.deviantart.com/
Sillysausage
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Sillysausage

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Felarya   Problems with Felarya Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 5:12 pm

Have to say, I agree with you on plenty of those points. Still, Felarya is at heart a fetish world aimed at men, hence all the tits and shaved vag, but no ICKY PENISES. (The 3 or so male nagas store them internally, wat.)

About the whole 'midgets aren't people' thing, I don't think that's what people are trying to convey... I think it's more 'Powerful people can do whatever they want to the weak with no consequences.' Either way, it's always disturbed me a little. 8C

Of course, lots of work is being done, and the world is much more developed than it used to be, with loads of different ideas for plant and animal life and all that. My advice is, if you want stuff to change, have a shot at doing it yourself, we could use someone else. C:
Back to top Go down
http://ironkitty.deviantart.com/
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Felarya   Problems with Felarya Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 5:12 pm

Hello,
I'm glad you found the universe interesting ^_^

to answer your questions :

-About the fauna, I know but you must keep in mind that it's mostly remarkables or dangerous creatures that are listed on the wiki. Much more herbivores exists of course

-Well the world function totally differently than our own... it's a bit long to explain..
But basically there IS a logical reason for the high number of females and the fact that so much creatures go and vore others. It has something to do with the origins of Felarya but it hasn't been revelaled yet.

-Giant nagas aren't really *that* stealthy. The only one able to move with minimal sound is Crisis. How she manage it remain a mystery.

-Figuring the "shape" of Felarya is really a very difficult thing... ( I don't know if I could draw this but this could be an interesting experiment XD ) But I think you are mistaken...
As I see it you can travel on the "sides" of the disk ( or whatever form it is, assumng it's a stable one which is not at all that sure) But if you try to go upward or downward, then you exit it and reappear somewhere else... Atually if you dig really very very deep, you would exit Felarya as well, beginning to dig into the ground of another world.

Sillysausage wrote:
. My advice is, if you want stuff to change, have a shot at doing it yourself, we could use someone else. C:

I'm not sure this is a very good advice actually.... I mean Felarya is at is, love it or hate it.. I'm personnaly not for changing the world.
This forum is more made to suggest things and ideas in order to make the world richer and more coherent rather than trying to *change* it.

Last edited by Karbo on Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:20 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
melancholy-melody13
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
melancholy-melody13

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Felarya   Problems with Felarya Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 5:14 pm

Warrior3000 wrote:

2)Same size between humans is FORBIDDEN. For obvious reasons. While, amongst, say Nagas, it would be entirely possible, but alot of people seem to be in love with the idea that nagas are all benevolent creatures who would never eat their own kind. Bah.

ACTUALLY Ryla same size vores and she's technicaly human. So its not forbidden just veryveryveryveryvery rare.
Back to top Go down
http://melancholy-melody.deviantart.com/
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Felarya   Problems with Felarya Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 5:44 pm

Stephiana wrote:
Hello there, forgive me if I didn't introduce myself earlier. As you all should know *points to username* That's my name. I came across Felarya by roaming around on deviantArt and I was fascinated with it. However...I still see some problems with it.

Most of the giant predators get their food from the adventurers, explorers and the just plain lost that are transported or travel there.
But you're right, there aren't that many. Making an entire ecosystem isn't easy. If you've got any suggestions or ideas for new herbivore races, just post them in the new ideas forum.
Stephiana wrote:

• How can the giant beings stealthily move around if they're visible to the naked eye about 500+ft away? Anything that large makes at least some noise.
Faeries can change size. Most other preds in deep Felaryan jungle with its huge trees they're not really that visible. Centaurs on the great rocky fields just use their speed to catch fleeing prey.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Felarya   Problems with Felarya Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 6:51 pm

Anime-Junkie wrote:
Stephiana wrote:

Most of the giant predators get their food from the adventurers, explorers and the just plain lost that are transported or travel there.
But you're right, there aren't that many. Making an entire ecosystem isn't easy. If you've got any suggestions or ideas for new herbivore races, just post them in the new ideas forum.
Stephiana wrote:

Faeries can change size. Most other preds in deep Felaryan jungle with its huge trees they're not really that visible. Centaurs on the great rocky fields just use their speed to catch fleeing prey.

OKay, it needs to be said that most predators dont have a primarily human diet. There just are not enough humans. They'd eat them when possible, but it wouldnt be their entire diet, which would most likely consist of plants and smaller animals. Crisis is the exception. She ate humans her entire life. She never had to go through the phase all preds go through where they are too big for small game and too small for humans. So, she goes way out of her way to eat humans whenever possible.

Also, like Karbo said, there are herbivores, they just don't get mentioned as much because they aren't as interesting/

As for the stealth, no one ever said that ALL predators were supremely stealthy. Nagas, with Crisis as an extreme example, because they are part snakes. Snakes by nature are extremely quiet, and can creep up very close to prey before they are aware of them. There would be noises, but this is a jungle teeming with life. It would be loud, and smaller sounds would be missed in the ambient noise. As for other races, Pantaurs would probably be nearly as stealthy as nagas, being part cat and all. The rest would vary in their stealthiness.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Felarya   Problems with Felarya Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 7:01 pm

rcs619 wrote:

OKay, it needs to be said that most predators don't have a primarily human diet. There just are not enough humans. They'd eat them when possible, but it wouldn't be their entire diet, which would most likely consist of plants and smaller animals. Crisis is the exception. She ate humans her entire life. She never had to go through the phase all preds go through where they are too big for small game and too small for humans. So, she goes way out of her way to eat humans whenever possible.
Really? I thought it was established that there were enough humans to go around.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
FalconJudge
Hero
Hero
FalconJudge

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Felarya   Problems with Felarya Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 7:03 pm

Stealth for many is probably enhanced with magic.
Back to top Go down
http://falconjudge2.deviantart.com/
Sillysausage
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Sillysausage

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Felarya   Problems with Felarya Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 5:37 am

Karbo wrote:
I'm not sure this is a very good advice actually.... I mean Felarya is at is, love it or hate it.. I'm personnaly not for changing the world.
This forum is more made to suggest things and ideas in order to make the world richer and more coherent rather than trying to *change* it.

Adding new races, characters and other ideas is changning the world by fleshing it out, which is what I was suggesting they do rather than just list all the things they don't like about it. I wasn't saying they should force their ideas down peoples throats, sorry if it came out that way.
Back to top Go down
http://ironkitty.deviantart.com/
Feadraug
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Feadraug

Location : The Forest of Whispers, along with Kyria and Seelvee

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Felarya   Problems with Felarya Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 6:22 am

It's true that there are a lot of female characters and that sometimes you can't be that stealthy - but you can, but not as usual as you may think -, but about other things... myself being non-voraphile, I can't stand same-size vore as much as I can different-size one. Sorry.

And herbivores... what about omnivores? Some characters are omnivores. I have one omnivore and... oh wait, fairies are actually omnivores. xD

Taking in account that Felarya was born as a fetish-esque world created my a male author, these flaws are evident, but in time we can work in them and all. Which reminds me I should work on stories and fleshing out new chars...
Back to top Go down
http://paridas.carlosbg.es
timing2
timing2

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Felarya   Problems with Felarya Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 9:05 am

It's been mentioned before, but most Felarya pictures and stories don't speak of or show herbivores. That doesn't mean they aren't present, it's simply that there are far more interesting things to write about or draw. I do mention in at least a couple of my stories that humans are not the staple food in my predators' diets. I simply could not see them surviving on humans alone, unless the predator happened to be near an enormous supply of brainless/clueless humans. Maybe I should write a story about naga’s raising Felaryan cattle for a change? Wink

Predators see smaller creatures in general as potential prey, not just humans. It goes along with the fact that prey is typically swallowed whole and alive, not chewed or ripped to pieces. Tinies, being the smallest of the small, are at the bottom of the food chain for this very reason. It's not that there is a bias against midgets, just that larger creatures see smaller ones as easy targets of opportunity.

Karbo has said before there is a reason for the skewed nature of gender prevalent in Felarya. For myself, I prefer writing about female predators, though I have no issue reading or viewing male predator art. For prey, it doesn’t matter – male or female, they all end up in the same place.

Men are not the only ones decently clothed, but you have a point. I will say this - I find it humorous that some people complain about "dangling bits" on male nagas (for example), but then won't say a word about female nagas with clearly exposed genitals.

Not all giants move stealthily, but remember the Felarya is described as a jungle world. Jungles are far from quiet. There is a great deal of ambient noise that could mask a predator's movements. On top of that, we have the inclusion of magic, which changes everything. Felarya is a magic-rich world, and some giant predators can and do use magic. Who is to say this magic cannot assist them in their hunt by neutralizing their scent, making them more silent, enhancing their senses, and so forth?

My only question in regards to the space attack is... why? There are an infinite number of ways the world could conceivably be wiped out by a more powerful army/entity/god/technology, but... why? It's fun stuff to think about I suppose? I'd personally like to see someone running around Felarya with Dr. Who's Demat Gun, but that's neither here nor there.
Back to top Go down
http://timing2.deviantart.com
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Felarya   Problems with Felarya Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 9:21 am

There is something that really need to be clarified once and for all I think : the fact that giant predators don't have a diet comprised of 100% humans or sentients beings. ^^;
Even a voracious one such as Crisis will have no problems to devour animals if their hunt go poorly..
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Reptillian
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
Reptillian

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Felarya   Problems with Felarya Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 10:00 am

Karbo wrote:
There is something that really need to be clarified once and for all I think : the fact that giant predators don't have a diet comprised of 100% humans or sentients beings. ^^;
Even a voracious one such as Crisis will have no problems to devour animals if their hunt go poorly..
yeah, i faintly remember that she likes mudkips XD
Back to top Go down
http://snicer.deviantart.com/
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Felarya   Problems with Felarya Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 10:09 am

Stephiana wrote:

As addressed by others, the herbivores are plentiful, but ignored for the most part. Such common creatures are duiker, mumansis, noghdongs, etc. We even have a herbivore race, the Lemurians.

Quote :
  • I haven't seen much same size vore, but that's not my main concern with size. The fact that many of the giant predators don't see people as people disturbs me, and conveys a message that midgets (sorry if I insulted anyone) aren't people. The wiki entry of Tinies seems to further emphasize this. .__.

• If you are able to eat it, and you don't have a particular reason for not eating it, you tend to go with your instincts and down whatever it is. Especially if you are mentally geared towards it because you are a natural predator, as the majority of races are perfectly adapted to be. Seeing potential prey as a person which should not be eaten, does not benefit the predator. Some predators can eat beings of similar size whole, such as chlaena, slimoids, abyssal merfolk and nagas. Dridders can have no qualms about wrapping someone of similar size up to make into soup later, and others may not make a great distinction of size and prey. Midgits aren't singled out, giants have the same problems.

Quote :
  • Men seem to be the only ones decently clothed.

• Depending on climate and race, clothing may be a necessity, a hobby, or a fascination. Among the giant races that live in warmer climates, clothing often doesn't do them a great deal of good if they don't actually need it. It tends to deteriorate quickly in the jungle, especially. I've seen some giant females wear clothing, such as Fiona and I believe some of Ravana's giantesses, while my own giant male, Monty, does not.

Quote :

• Huge environmental factors, such as trees which are immense at even a giant scale, thick vegetation, and general murmur of the surrounding life can severely limit one's senses of sight and sound. A neko can sneak up on a neera, and a giant can sneak up on the neko easily by taking advantage of their environment. As previously mentioned, centaurs can carry themselves so quickly across the plains, that very little can escape from them out in the open. Others wait in hiding for prey to come along, such as dryads and dridders. Harpies and sphinxes can swoop down from the sky, not letting you have a chance to run for cover. Slug-girls, well they get you stuck. <<

Quote :
  • This is a rather odd one, but it is is possible to hold a space attack. I've always pictured Felarya as either a cylinder or box (due to the fact it's a self contained plane, the side rifts lead back to Felarya while the top ones and bottom ones lead to other places) and with this model, an interdimensional space fleet could attack from the bottom of Felarya, considering how no one's been able to dig their way out of it. No one would see it coming D:

• No, the way Felarya interacts with things outside its dimension, attacking it from space isn't possible except for a ridiculously small chance of an attack entering from a random place in the universe (If I remember what was stated in the Felarya Physics thread correctly). As far as I recall, it's been that Felarya may use a sun for light, but from that sun you could not see Felarya, it being more like a one-way window to anything above its sky. As such, you could leave Felarya into space, and find that it is nowhere around and you can't return to it.
    Back to top Go down
    Feadraug
    Temple scourge
    Temple scourge
    Feadraug

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Felarya   Problems with Felarya Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 11:12 am

More things to add...

About the clothes thing... It's also something interesting to note that as well. It's quite true that many female characters are naked, but not all of them, fortunatelly. Some are even a bit concerned about it and thus wear clothes. And some male chars like to be naked as well, it depends on the author's criteria.

And as noted and to add further for my opinion, Felaryan predators don't have a diet only based on humans... or nekos... or anything humanoid. As mentioned, there are omnivore species, like fairies, who can also eat fruits and vegetables if I'm right, and not all meat has to come from humanoids. It's just that people are fascinated with the predator aspect, but some of us also like other facts in such species, not going for the stereotypes all the time.

Oh, and one thing I didn't talk about...

timing2 wrote:
    My only question in regards to the space attack is... why? There are an infinite number of ways the world could conceivably be wiped out by a more powerful army/entity/god/technology, but... why? It's fun stuff to think about I suppose? I'd personally like to see someone running around Felarya with Dr. Who's Demat Gun, but that's neither here nor there.

I've always thought the very nature of Felarya made it safer against space attacks. Thinking of it, I don't believe Felarya is that easy to reach from outer space, no matter from which universe you come from. It's more like a world moving between worlds, a crossroads sometimes, but being more like a world that is constantly jumping from one reality to another. Thus making nearly impossible to attack it from outer space.

Wrongly named "interdimensional attacks", whoever, would be something different, but I have a hunch that the world of Felarya itself would have something to stand against any menace...
    Back to top Go down
    FalconJudge
    Hero
    Hero
    FalconJudge

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Felarya   Problems with Felarya Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 12:08 pm

Notys would guard against that sort of thing, or so one would think.
    Back to top Go down
    http://falconjudge2.deviantart.com/
    Stephiana
    Tasty morsel

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Felarya   Problems with Felarya Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 2:25 pm

@___@ So many replies.

Okay, it's making more sense now on the herbivores part (since from your responses and the wiki, everything else just seems more interesting to cover).
    Karbo wrote:

^Thank you for clarifying that. Smile

Sillysausage wrote:
    Have to say, I agree with you on plenty of those points. Still, Felarya is at heart a fetish world aimed at men, hence all the tits and shaved vag, but no ICKY PENISES. (The 3 or so male nagas store them internally, wat.)

About the whole 'midgets aren't people' thing, I don't think that's what people are trying to convey... I think it's more 'Powerful people can do whatever they want to the weak with no consequences.' Either way, it's always disturbed me a little. 8C

Of course, lots of work is being done, and the world is much more developed than it used to be, with loads of different ideas for plant and animal life and all that. My advice is, if you want stuff to change, have a shot at doing it yourself, we could use someone else. C:

I'll try to contribute to the wiki sometime when I get to D: And...yeah. Those two major points were the ones that sort of disturbed me.

Karbo wrote:

-Well the world function totally differently than our own... it's a bit long to explain..
    But basically there IS a logical reason for the high number of females and the fact that so much creatures go and vore others. It has something to do with the origins of Felarya but it hasn't been revelaled yet.

-Giant nagas aren't really *that* stealthy. The only one able to move with minimal sound is Crisis. How she manage it remain a mystery.

-Figuring the "shape" of Felarya is really a very difficult thing... ( I don't know if I could draw this but this could be an interesting experiment XD ) But I think you are mistaken...
    As I see it you can travel on the "sides" of the disk ( or whatever form it is, assumng it's a stable one which is not at all that sure) But if you try to go upward or downward, then you exit it and reappear somewhere else... Atually if you dig really very very deep, you would exit Felarya as well, beginning to dig into the ground of another world.

Well the shape can wait for later...though I do have to wonder how mountains & volcanoes form on Felarya (where is the lava anyway?). I'll try to work on that sometime. As for the origin on how there are so many creatures that eat others whole along with the high number of females, I hope that gets put up soon sometime.

timing2 wrote:
    ^I guess it is. *shrug* It's still a miracle that Earth's alive considering all the natural hazards that are around.

Overall, I guess I need to look around the wiki more often and contribute there (points three and four still float around in my mind...). I did come across some world-building guides recently today. Anyone want links to those?
    Back to top Go down
    Feadraug
    Temple scourge
    Temple scourge
    Feadraug

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Felarya   Problems with Felarya Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 3:29 pm

Well, the wiki is quite strict with contributions, but you can always post your ideas in the specific parts of the forum. I'd be glad to read what you have stored for this world...

Also, the guidelines you mention might come handy for everyone. Maybe you could share them with everybody, though I don't know the proper part of the forum for it... ^^;
    Back to top Go down
    Stephiana
    Tasty morsel

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Felarya   Problems with Felarya Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 3:46 pm

Feadraug wrote:
    Well, the wiki is quite strict with contributions, but you can always post your ideas in the specific parts of the forum. I'd be glad to read what you have stored for this world...

Also, the guidelines you mention might come handy for everyone. Maybe you could share them with everybody, though I don't know the proper part of the forum for it... ^^;

True Razz I think the guidelines would actually go into off-topic since it works for all worlds.
    Back to top Go down
    Raveolution
    Temple scourge
    Temple scourge
    Raveolution

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Felarya   Problems with Felarya Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 7:44 am

There is a major problem with the apparent severe shortage of male preds in Felarya.

If this is not a case of the males being hidden somewhere and is in fact a real shortage of male fairies, nagas, etc., in the proportions that are implied in the stories and manga, then killing the males is the fast and efficient way to bring about species extinction. The Crimson Maidens, having been specifically noted as having a shortage of males, are especially vulnerable. The extreme application of fire(or cryo-)power against 1 or 2 individuals would be enough to finish them off; one would just wait them out at this point. Crimson Maidens rarely fall prey to anything, which would help them survive longer, but still, kill a few males and they're at a dead end. Giant nagas obviously fall prey to things like Tonorions (see: Crisis), so attacking their male populace would mean they'd face extinction a lot faster.

I say this because it's a weakness that observant humans would be highly driven to exploit.
    Back to top Go down
    vegeta002
    Hero
    Hero
    vegeta002

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Felarya   Problems with Felarya Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 7:47 am

Like they ever could... The guardians would probably see that as a threat to the balance.
    Back to top Go down
    http://vegeta002.deviantart.com/
    Raveolution
    Temple scourge
    Temple scourge
    Raveolution

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Felarya   Problems with Felarya Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 8:35 am

vegeta002 wrote:
    Like they ever could... The guardians would probably see that as a threat to the balance.
    Yeah, it would require Guardian interference.

I wonder if someone located the males, and then a quick strike team rushed out and did the job, would the Guardians catch that? I mean, if the hits were all done at the same time, I'm sure everything would hinge on Nemyra's ability to see it coming.
    Back to top Go down
    rcs619
    Felarya cartographer
    Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Felarya   Problems with Felarya Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 9:25 am

Raveolution wrote:
    There is a major problem with the apparent severe shortage of male preds in Felarya.

If this is not a case of the males being hidden somewhere and is in fact a real shortage of male fairies, nagas, etc., in the proportions that are implied in the stories and manga, then killing the males is the fast and efficient way to bring about species extinction. The Crimson Maidens, having been specifically noted as having a shortage of males, are especially vulnerable. The extreme application of fire(or cryo-)power against 1 or 2 individuals would be enough to finish them off; one would just wait them out at this point. Crimson Maidens rarely fall prey to anything, which would help them survive longer, but still, kill a few males and they're at a dead end. Giant nagas obviously fall prey to things like Tonorions (see: Crisis), so attacking their male populace would mean they'd face extinction a lot faster.

I say this because it's a weakness that observant humans would be highly driven to exploit.

The shortage of males is most likely a natural occurance. Many real-life predator species often have an overabundance of females to males. Its has to be that way in order to keep their numbers in check so they don't eat all the prey species around. Look at lions, for example. The proportion of females to males is many to one. Hyenas are another example. There are always many more female Hyenas than males. Ants (though not strictly predators), most any animal actually. Even in humans, there are usually more females than males around (except at Star Trek conventions *ba-dum-ching* =P).

It is more noticable in Felaryan predator species because...

A: for animals that large, you would need to limit reproductive potential, or they would quickly overrun their environment. Imagine if predators could repopulate as quickly as humans, for example. The jungle would be overrun in a few generations. Many things about predators are there to keep their numbers in check. Birth size, for example. With some exceptions (giants/giantesses, fairies, centaurs and pantaurs) most predators start off roughly human-sized. This is a mechanism to be sure only a relatively small number make it to adulthood, and helps keep the overall population managable. I imagine a great percentage of predators never make it to adulthood because of accidents, or predation by a larger animal.

B: The majority of the community is male, and likes boobs. Thus, they feel the need to not include anything that lacks them.

Just because it isn't mentioned doesn't mean it isnt there. The named predators aren't the only ones in the jungle, and there are more males than people show in their stories and drawings.
    Back to top Go down
    gwadahunter2222
    Master cartographer
    Master cartographer
    gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Felarya   Problems with Felarya Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 9:45 am

Raveolution wrote:

We are not in the reign of fire where the miracle solution as it's common in many fiction is to killed the queen or the unique male to the specie to have the happy end. And in overall, in the nature where this kind of things happen newcomers appears to fill the empty space. For example in Jurassic Park, they think to keep the dinosaur population under control was to create only females but they were able to reproduce by themselves and give birth to males afters.

If your theory was true, in Felarya the harpies will be a minor race due to the fact they are 100% females but it exist differents subspecies with different size and shape. If you compare them to the other races in the wiki they have the biggest variety of subspecie.

About the maidens, they can have a system of mating similar to amazonian culture and have children with males to another race and raise the fairies daughter and leaves the boy to the father.

And about the males shortage, it's something normal in the way you can have at the birth rate an important of male or the same number but due to many factors as the dangerous living conditions, the fact in Felarya people live longer including predators and the fact there are race with a gender ratio to 100% to female. it's normal the global population of male is inferior to female. The short number of males prevent the risk of overpopulation.

Even if you try to wipe all the males of the others species in Felarya do you know how many they are really ? where they are ? and how strong they are because it's clear a male is not necessary as soft as than a females and share a different point of view and won't let him killed easily Razz

In addition of that many travellers of different size, race and gender comes to visit to Felarya or just passing by, and the existence of the different giant hybrid predators outside has been developped many time. So you can have mating seasons with differents migrations of males and females inside or outside Felarya.

And according to the current need you have not necessary to end as food Razz
    Back to top Go down
    http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Felarya   Problems with Felarya Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Problems with Felarya
    Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next