Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

General Q and A

Go down 
+65
Stabs
Rezec
macdaddy
Lobo
Pim18
asaenvolk
X
space_samurai
PrinnyDood
zersergathant
Black Aquila
Sehoolighan
Black Hole Fragment
Solomon
M19Kamikaze
Tuc135
GREGOLE
Vaderaz
Darkstorm Zero
buddha66667
French snack
Zillachary
thejackle123
Warrior3000
Krisexy26
walkingbyself
luke112
ginbug
Prof.Nekko
Malahite
Malhavoc Shade
Shadeofheave
CauldronBorn24
moonlight-pendent13
JonathanS223
Cowrie
kaitheguy1234
EdgedWeapon
Pendragon
ravaging vixen
gwadahunter2222
Jætte_Troll
Kai Leingod
Salvyrn
timing2
aethernavale
Oldman40k2003
dragonjaj
sparkythechu
MrNobody13
AisuKaiko
Slimetoad
Grave
Archmage_Bael
itsmeyouidiot
codaman
Feadraug
TheLightLost
rcs619
ZionAtriedes
DaNoob13
Shady Knight
Karbo
Anime-Junkie
Jasconius
69 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

General Q and A - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 11:37 am

question: have there been alien speacies in Felarya? what i mean by Alien is by any of the following Little geen men type, hyper advance aliens that resemble human but have no dicernable nose, or big muliti arm type aliens, or lastly Aliens that have very advance technology but only opt to study felarya and learn more about it. ( tech so advance that it is hard to tell it apart from magic)
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 12:11 pm

luke112 wrote:
question: have there been alien speacies in Felarya? what i mean by Alien is by any of the following Little geen men type, hyper advance aliens that resemble human but have no dicernable nose, or big muliti arm type aliens, or lastly Aliens that have very advance technology but only opt to study felarya and learn more about it. ( tech so advance that it is hard to tell it apart from magic)

Honestly, most of the alien activity on Felarya seems to be human-related. This is likely caused by two things...

1: Humans are just one of the most numerous forms of sentient life in the universe, which is why we've seen several extraterrestrial human groups in Felarya (the Delurans, Miritans, the main human character of The Jungle Bowl, and the Vishmitals, to name a few).

2: It is known that something in the nature of Felarya keeps it from connecting to worlds that are extremely different from itself, so it only connects to worlds that are sort of Earth-like, and where you'd likely find humans.

The trick to getting to Felarya is actually, well, getting there. It isn't accessible from space, so the only way in is with dimensional magic or dimensional tech. I doubt every single sentient species in the universe goes down that path, so its quite likely that most sentient species out there just never develop the right technology to even get to Felarya.
Back to top Go down
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 1:41 pm

luke112 wrote:
In my now-trashed Felarya Saga, I did mention in passing a few sapients that weren't obviously related to humans were living in the Jurdean camp in Deeper Felarya, because I personally believe there'd be other intelligent races. Though it's most likely that humans are much more common and wide-spread.
Back to top Go down
DaNoob13
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer
DaNoob13

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 6:50 pm

You know how humans shed small pieces of their skin?

I was wondering if fairy wings did the same... Do their wings shed in anyways at all?
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 7:06 pm

DaNoob13 wrote:

I was wondering if fairy wings did the same... Do their wings shed in anyways at all?

What do you think fairy dust is? Razz
Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
DaNoob13
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer
DaNoob13

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 7:17 pm

Jætte_Troll wrote:
DaNoob13 wrote:

What do you think fairy dust is? Razz

If you want the cruel version....

Chopped off wings of fairy ground into dust.
Back to top Go down
aethernavale
Great warrior
Great warrior

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 9:48 pm

DaNoob13 wrote:

I believe someone else already had this discussion earlier in the thread. Perhaps it was a different thread though. Long and short of it - Dragonfly wings: No, Butterfly wings: Yes.

For other wing types YMMV.
Back to top Go down
Jasconius
Survivor
Survivor
Jasconius

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 9:18 am

Has the concept of "Fairy Rings" been used in Felarya yet?
Back to top Go down
Solomon
Marauder of the deep jungle

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 9:09 pm

okey heres a few of my Q & A's for you all

Q: when did the Naga first show up in Felarya?

Q: are all the Dryad's giant?

Q: what is the non-sentient animal life like in Felarya?

Q: how many Human groups are in Felarya?

Q: were did the Angels & Demons come from?

Q: can someone like me make a canon character with Karbo's permission?

Q: what does it take to make a canon character?

Q: if I can't make a canon charater can I make a non-canon character for like an RP story?
Back to top Go down
Prof.Nekko
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Prof.Nekko

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 9:33 pm

Solomon wrote:

Q: if I can't make a canon charater can I make a non-canon character for like an RP story?

ok in order:

1. No historical records, they may have been around since day one, maybe later, no one knows.

2. Domesticated Dryads can be close to human size, but in short they are plants, so their size can vary

3. Lots of scattered camps and towns around the world, with a couple major cities like Negav

4. Heaven and Hell, respectively

5. You can make a character, and if you stick to the wiki, put a lot of hard work and effort into making the character interesting and lovable as well as keeping it in tune with what's already canon, you may someday get a note from Karbo saying he will add your character to the canon. Til then work real hard to make a good character, cross reference the wiki, get critique from people, accept said critique and make edits based upon it, and it doesn't hurt you chances to help out other people who could use it.

6. Well lad that's up to you, just avoid mary sue-ing and god modding, and using the wiki to make the character will help too.
Back to top Go down
walkingbyself
Great warrior
Great warrior
walkingbyself

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 9:38 pm

Solomon wrote:

Ill shall try my best:
1) not sure

2) No some are actually quite read Domesticated Dryads on wiki here http://www.felarya.com/wiki/index.php?title=Dryads

3) Varies some are just as if not more voracious as larger preds. While others are down right calmer then a person doped out of their minds

4) Actual number wise? It is almost impossible to accuratly track the number of groups of humans in Felraya but there are still several prominent areas of human gatherings just have to look in the Wiki friend http://www.felarya.com/wiki/index.php?title=Humans

5) Heaven and Hell? sweatdrop

6) Not sure. But if you want to use a cannon character for a story always. Always . Always make sure you ask the original creator for their permission before you do so.

7) Not sure things get added at random from what I've seen. But allow me to divert your attention once more to a sticky here on the forum https://felarya.forumotion.com/t1452-disclaimer-updated

Cool Go right ahead though if you like go ahead and create a character in the character portion of the Forum however. Be warned if you wish to add uber and super stronger characters chances are your going to get replies you might not like.

Then again I know nothing about this forum and I will never claim to know anything about this forum for my own sake of health hehe sweatdrop
Back to top Go down
http://walkingbyself.deviantart.com/
Solomon

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 9:51 pm

thank you all for anwsering my questions Very Happy I will keep in mind not to make god like characters for Felarya

once again thank you all Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Prof.Nekko
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Prof.Nekko

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 10:18 pm

Solomon wrote:
thank you all for anwsering my questions Very Happy I will keep in mind not to make god like characters for Felarya

once again thank you all Very Happy

I'd also once more bring up the wiki here... For your first character try and pick a species from the wiki, much less stress on you if you have an established species trait then having to not only build up a character, but an entire species as well.

Here is the wiki: http://www.felarya.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

it should answer most questions you need to know...
Back to top Go down
Solomon

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 10:42 pm

I know about the wiki I just haven't read that much of the wiki yet but I will before I make a character Very Happy

also is it bad to double post?
Back to top Go down
walkingbyself
Great warrior
Great warrior
walkingbyself

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 8:13 pm

Water Sprites be they fairy or subspecies of Water Elemental?

I've read the wiki of both creatures. Yet from what I've read water sprites sound more like a sub species of water elemental then an actual fairy.

The wiki says they poses the same traits of both parenting species to a degree. However the wiki focus's rather heavily on their water elemental parents abilities. What would be the abilities that they would gain from their fairy parent?

Also wouldn't it be ideal to at least put a mention or a link of Water Sprites under Water Elemental in the wiki so as to show that there is a possible sub species of water elemental yet classified as a "type" of fairy?

My apologies for the multiple questions I am just trying to get a grasp on why they are considered a "type" of fairy rather then a Water Element subspecies.
Back to top Go down
http://walkingbyself.deviantart.com/
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 2:21 am

walkingbyself wrote:
Water Sprites be they fairy or subspecies of Water Elemental?

I've read the wiki of both creatures. Yet from what I've read water sprites sound more like a sub species of water elemental then an actual fairy.

The wiki says they poses the same traits of both parenting species to a degree. However the wiki focus's rather heavily on their water elemental parents abilities. What would be the abilities that they would gain from their fairy parent?

Also wouldn't it be ideal to at least put a mention or a link of Water Sprites under Water Elemental in the wiki so as to show that there is a possible sub species of water elemental yet classified as a "type" of fairy?

My apologies for the multiple questions I am just trying to get a grasp on why they are considered a "type" of fairy rather then a Water Element subspecies.

Fairy/Elemental hybrids are just wierd like that.

Some of them seem to be more fairy-like (Storm Sprites and Frost Sprites, for example), while others seem to take more after their elemental parents and have some very strange abilities (Dusk Nymphs and Water Sprites). I mean, Dusk Nymphs can form their bodies into shadow at will, and for some reason are immune to the effects of the Isolon Eye.

They can still likely size-shift though, and probably still shrink others.
Back to top Go down
Jasconius
Survivor
Survivor
Jasconius

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 12:06 pm

How do harpy and razia chicks escape their eggs?
Back to top Go down
Slimetoad
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Slimetoad

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 12:21 pm

Jasconius wrote:
How do harpy and razia chicks escape their eggs?

Maybe they'd have a temporary "tooth" to break the shell that falls off shortly after like real birds. Or they just kick their way out
Back to top Go down
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 12:25 pm

I had been conviently avoiding this subject. I'd like to think they claw their way out.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 12:34 pm

When all else fails, use your head.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Jasconius
Survivor
Survivor
Jasconius

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 1:35 pm

My own theory, if the egg tooth proved invalid, was that they possessed a bony crest akin to that sledgewyvers (cementing their connections with other subspecies despite their own reptilian appearance). The crest falls off after the chick uses it to exit the shell, save for in the sledgewyvers themselves.

Relying on just kicking/clawing the shell open would be a bit hazardous, as not only is the shell supposed to be quite hard, and if it could just do that to escape, it might break out during a bit too early on in its development once it has developed legs and is able to move them. Using your head might result in injuries to the brain, especially at such a young age.
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 1:57 pm

The harpy parents let them out. Only after they hear the chicks asking to be "let the @#$#@ out of this @#$@% @#@# egg you @#%@ing @#^!. Anything more polite and they have to stay in.
Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 2:38 pm

Well, instead of a boney crest, I suppose we could have them be born with a beak of sorts. Let's say, their nose was a lot harder and sharper at birth. That beak could fall off days after birth, after their permanent nose is developed underneath.

Actually, that might not be very practical now that I think about it.
Back to top Go down
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 3:25 pm

which race in felarya doesnt have a canon character? :/
Back to top Go down
http://krisexy26.deviantart.com/
Sehoolighan
Survivor
Survivor
Sehoolighan

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 5:09 pm

De Dway thinks he knows this but we have to be certain: by canon, do you mean de wiki canon or just generally accepted canon?
Back to top Go down
http://sehoolighan.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 26 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Q and A
Page 26 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next