Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

General Q and A

Go down 
+65
Stabs
Rezec
macdaddy
Lobo
Pim18
asaenvolk
X
space_samurai
PrinnyDood
zersergathant
Black Aquila
Sehoolighan
Black Hole Fragment
Solomon
M19Kamikaze
Tuc135
GREGOLE
Vaderaz
Darkstorm Zero
buddha66667
French snack
Zillachary
thejackle123
Warrior3000
Krisexy26
walkingbyself
luke112
ginbug
Prof.Nekko
Malahite
Malhavoc Shade
Shadeofheave
CauldronBorn24
moonlight-pendent13
JonathanS223
Cowrie
kaitheguy1234
EdgedWeapon
Pendragon
ravaging vixen
gwadahunter2222
Jætte_Troll
Kai Leingod
Salvyrn
timing2
aethernavale
Oldman40k2003
dragonjaj
sparkythechu
MrNobody13
AisuKaiko
Slimetoad
Grave
Archmage_Bael
itsmeyouidiot
codaman
Feadraug
TheLightLost
rcs619
ZionAtriedes
DaNoob13
Shady Knight
Karbo
Anime-Junkie
Jasconius
69 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

General Q and A - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 2:21 am

walkingbyself wrote:
Water Sprites be they fairy or subspecies of Water Elemental?

I've read the wiki of both creatures. Yet from what I've read water sprites sound more like a sub species of water elemental then an actual fairy.

The wiki says they poses the same traits of both parenting species to a degree. However the wiki focus's rather heavily on their water elemental parents abilities. What would be the abilities that they would gain from their fairy parent?

Also wouldn't it be ideal to at least put a mention or a link of Water Sprites under Water Elemental in the wiki so as to show that there is a possible sub species of water elemental yet classified as a "type" of fairy?

My apologies for the multiple questions I am just trying to get a grasp on why they are considered a "type" of fairy rather then a Water Element subspecies.

Fairy/Elemental hybrids are just wierd like that.

Some of them seem to be more fairy-like (Storm Sprites and Frost Sprites, for example), while others seem to take more after their elemental parents and have some very strange abilities (Dusk Nymphs and Water Sprites). I mean, Dusk Nymphs can form their bodies into shadow at will, and for some reason are immune to the effects of the Isolon Eye.

They can still likely size-shift though, and probably still shrink others.
Back to top Go down
Jasconius
Survivor
Survivor
Jasconius

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 12:06 pm

How do harpy and razia chicks escape their eggs?
Back to top Go down
Slimetoad
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Slimetoad

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 12:21 pm

Jasconius wrote:
How do harpy and razia chicks escape their eggs?

Maybe they'd have a temporary "tooth" to break the shell that falls off shortly after like real birds. Or they just kick their way out
Back to top Go down
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 12:25 pm

I had been conviently avoiding this subject. I'd like to think they claw their way out.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 12:34 pm

When all else fails, use your head.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Jasconius
Survivor
Survivor
Jasconius

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 1:35 pm

My own theory, if the egg tooth proved invalid, was that they possessed a bony crest akin to that sledgewyvers (cementing their connections with other subspecies despite their own reptilian appearance). The crest falls off after the chick uses it to exit the shell, save for in the sledgewyvers themselves.

Relying on just kicking/clawing the shell open would be a bit hazardous, as not only is the shell supposed to be quite hard, and if it could just do that to escape, it might break out during a bit too early on in its development once it has developed legs and is able to move them. Using your head might result in injuries to the brain, especially at such a young age.
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 1:57 pm

The harpy parents let them out. Only after they hear the chicks asking to be "let the @#$#@ out of this @#$@% @#@# egg you @#%@ing @#^!. Anything more polite and they have to stay in.
Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 2:38 pm

Well, instead of a boney crest, I suppose we could have them be born with a beak of sorts. Let's say, their nose was a lot harder and sharper at birth. That beak could fall off days after birth, after their permanent nose is developed underneath.

Actually, that might not be very practical now that I think about it.
Back to top Go down
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 3:25 pm

which race in felarya doesnt have a canon character? :/
Back to top Go down
http://krisexy26.deviantart.com/
Sehoolighan
Survivor
Survivor
Sehoolighan

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 5:09 pm

De Dway thinks he knows this but we have to be certain: by canon, do you mean de wiki canon or just generally accepted canon?
Back to top Go down
http://sehoolighan.deviantart.com/
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 6:20 pm

Going by the wiki only, there are no canon demi-chimeras, nemesis, slimoids, ghosts, genies, miaxi and gyspas, lemurians, ichthys, scorpisais, actiniaes, inus, achigates, razias.

This is not counting races that have canon characters for some of their subspecies, but not others. That is a muh longer list.

These are also just ones without characters listed on the wiki, but there may be characters made and being used.
Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 6:42 pm

qustion if a pred eats a person who has a vile of 16 million SUH pure crystal capsaicin extract dissovled in vodka and that person breaks the vile and it were to splash on the preds tounge, will the pred spit the person out from the heat?
Back to top Go down
Jasconius
Survivor
Survivor
Jasconius

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 7:58 pm

Well pure capsaicin is hydrophobic, so it couldn't be dissolved in a liquid. Also, capsaicin only works on mammals, so that severely limits its abilities and likely makes it less effective on tauric species that are part reptile or insect. I also don't think you could dissolve that much in a vial, and especially in vodka which is already composed of several compounds that will reduce solubility.

Why would someone want to dissolve it in vodka anyway, that doesn't make sense.
Back to top Go down
Black Aquila
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Black Aquila

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 1:26 am

Jætte_Troll wrote:
The harpy parents let them out. Only after they hear the chicks asking to be "let the @#$#@ out of this @#$@% @#@# egg you @#%@ing @#^!. Anything more polite and they have to stay in.
I have to go with Jætte answer, since Harpy do care for their young.
Back to top Go down
Solomon
Marauder of the deep jungle
Marauder of the deep jungle

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 3:01 am

Harpies care for there young thats new to me(but then again Felarya Harpies are different from the old fastion Harpies from fantesy navoles)
Back to top Go down
Jasconius
Survivor
Survivor
Jasconius

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 6:17 am

Black Aquila wrote:
Jætte_Troll wrote:

I think that's a joke (a good one) since I doubt harpies can talk even before they can hatch. Speaking is a learned ability.
Back to top Go down
Black Aquila
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Black Aquila

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 7:50 am

Jasconius wrote:
Black Aquila wrote:
I think that's a joke (a good one) since I doubt harpies can talk even before they can hatch. Speaking is a learned ability.
Yes, but the idea's still there...
Back to top Go down
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 1:32 pm

could one hide from a pack of kensha beasts by hiding in something like a dark recess or in a grove of tree roots thats semi exposed?

and another question: are there sinkholes In Felarya?
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 1:39 pm

Quote :
Would one hide from a pack of kensha beasts by hiding in something like a dark recess or in a grove of tree roots thats semi exposed?
I don't see why not. However if they're actively looking for you're going to have to disguise your smell too.
Quote :
and another question: are there sinkholes In Felarya?
No sinkhole prone areas are known on the map but they could technically exist somewhere in Felarya.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
zersergathant
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
zersergathant

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 2:18 pm

Is the existence of the Guardians common knowledge? I'd think after some of the stuff they've done it would be, but I want to be sure.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 2:44 pm

Hmmm...
I think that mages (of all species) would have no doubt of their existence.
For normal Negavians, They'd be a kind of semi-real beings. They'd see/know of the evidence, like Ur-Sagol and other locations, but they wouldn't really understand it.
As for giant predators, I'd say no. The guardians would probably be hearsay to them. Except of course for Faeries and friends of Fairies. They'd know of Nemyra.
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 3:34 pm

zersergathant wrote:
Is the existence of the Guardians common knowledge? I'd think after some of the stuff they've done it would be, but I want to be sure.

I dunno. I think you'd have some legends and myths floating around Negav, since some of the ancient Sagolians probably fled to the area Negav would originally come to stand in. The Magiocrats probably know, and probably have some ancient Sagolian books in their archives.

The Dridders would know of them, but given all the time that has passed since the fall of Sineria, the guardians would probably be semi-legendary to them.

As for everyone else, probably not. I don't even think Nemyra would be more than a myth to most Fairies. She hangs out in her pocket dimension and almost never even comes to the real world.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 3:53 pm

Indeed. The overalll answer is "No, not common knowledge."
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 4:11 pm

I did write a story where Temi openly mentions Nemyra and even refers to her as their queen.

Last edited by Sean Okotami on Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 5:17 pm

i do not see wheres the problem sean :/
Back to top Go down
http://krisexy26.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 27 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Q and A
Page 26 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next