Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My post-rapture, left behind ideas

Go down 
+10
buddha66667
aethernavale
AisuKaiko
Slimetoad
Jætte_Troll
Anime-Junkie
Shady Knight
Karbo
Archmage_Bael
TheLightLost
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

My post-rapture, left behind ideas  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My post-rapture, left behind ideas    My post-rapture, left behind ideas  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 7:29 am

I'll have to be more creative with this idea. I'll put it on the shelf for now and come back to it one day.

Thanks for the feedback.

Last edited by gt500x on Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stabs
Stabs

PostSubject: Re: My post-rapture, left behind ideas    My post-rapture, left behind ideas  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 10:08 am

That's a little narrow, guys, Gerridis already have the shrinky poison after all.

Size-changing has never been exclusive to fairies: vore everywhere has it, and it existed long before Felarya, with or without vore- though I'd support the non-proliferation of it, frankly.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: My post-rapture, left behind ideas    My post-rapture, left behind ideas  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 11:50 am

Stabs wrote:
That's a little narrow, guys, Gerridis already have the shrinky poison after all.

Size-changing has never been exclusive to fairies: vore everywhere has it, and it existed long before Felarya, with or without vore- though I'd support the non-proliferation of it, frankly.

We're not talking about vore everywhere though, we're talking about the world directly within felarya. Demons and Angels have it I think, but that's because they're supernatural creatures.

A shrink potion is different than an innate ability to shrink and grow.
Back to top Go down
aethernavale
Great warrior
Great warrior

PostSubject: Re: My post-rapture, left behind ideas    My post-rapture, left behind ideas  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 2:24 pm

Stabs wrote:

I did not say it was exclusive to fairies, and acknowledged that it was used in other circumstances. However, in each circumstance outside of fairies the ability is limited in some way -

Nina; already described.
Gerradis; shrinking venom - effective on small animals and sometimes humans. Sometimes.
Genies; do I need to elaborate this one?
Gypsas; able to 'compress', requires multiple injections and lasts for a short period of time
Purifier/Defiler Angels; supernatural ability, requires the use of their weapon (Defiler Angels are said to have the opposite of Purifier's but I don't think that means they grow their prey - clarification required)
Fairy Pond; humans or nekos who touch the water are automatically shrunk down to a more edible size

Fairies are the only ones that get away with it wholesale. So introducing it without some sort of limiter in another sect/species seems to put out on the feys. Especially when the shrinking is so very important/mainstream for the witch's activities.

Last edited by aethernavale on Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: My post-rapture, left behind ideas    My post-rapture, left behind ideas  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 3:24 pm

aethernavale wrote:
Purifier/Defiler Angels; supernatural ability, requires the use of their weapon (Defiler Angels are said to have the opposite of Purifier's but I don't think that means they grow their prey - clarification required)
Purifier angel shrink their prey depending its affinity with darkness the defiler do the same with light affinities. It's a seal whose the efficiency vary depending on the affinity with light or darkness, it shrink the target in order the angel can process to the "purification" easier. Defiler doesn't make their target become huge or boost their ability.

Last edited by gwadahunter2222 on Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding explanation)
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

PostSubject: Re: My post-rapture, left behind ideas    My post-rapture, left behind ideas  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 7:44 pm

The Garden of Semele

Named after the myth of an Oiriopata dying in a battle versus a Titan, the Garden of Semele rumored to be occupied by a Flora elemental that takes the form of a giantess; some have suggested that is Semele reborn because of the myth that Semele's remains are preserved in a crystal tomb burried in the garden. The Flora elemental is said to send all who smell her into a mad frenzy, sometimes killing themselves or others. She wears a necklace with a magic stone in the center that is rumored to grant the holder with the ability communicate with Dryads on their network and befriend nearly all plantlife. But they must first defeat the elemental to take the magic stone from her.

(Still working on this location and that elemental.)

The Legend of the Oiriopata (updated vers 2.0)

In the far west region of the known world of Felarya lies a batch of vanishing islands that was once home to a civilization of mighty giantesses called the Oiriopata. They came and went through dimensional gates constructed of stone and crystal, marked in a language said to be magic itself. Famed for being as lovely as the sun's light at dawn and as fierce as the sun's fire at noon, these giantesses were strong warriors and excellent spell casters. From under their wonderfully crafted helms flowed long, luminous hair. Hugging their gigantic curved figures was shimmering cloth covered by plates of golden armor.

Artifacts left behind by the Oiriopata suggests that they began colonizing Felarya during the era of great beasts. They arrived in Felarya at what is now the archipelago of the Shimmering Sea. At that time, the island chain was part of the Felaryan mainland and was where the Oiriopata based their kingdom. The Oiriopata spread throughout Felarya, founding many small cities. As they did whenever they enter a new world, the Oiriopata began enslaving male members of species while giving the females the option to join their society. If a female member of that civilization refused, the Oiriopata would enslave her as well. In the eyes of the Oiriopata, there were really only two species in the universe; males and females. The Oiriopata also created a magic clock that would regulate Felarya's dimensional shifting using components called Horae that were based in their cities and in other dimensions. During this time, the Oiriopata attempted to gather allies and was passing on knowledge to them; some historians propose that they may have accelerated the development of other notable civilizations of the past.

After nearly hunting the giant beasts of the era, namely the mythical Dracaenas, into extinction the Oiriopata had their first run-ins with the Guardians. The attacks on the Oiriopatan cities served as warnings against over-stepping their boundaries. Many Horae (components of the magical clock) were destroyed in those attacks, but there were no indications of them being specifically targeted.

Since then, the history of the Oiriopata remained relatively uneventful until the Correctors arrived in Felarya. Some have theorized that the Oiriopata had previous knowledge of the Correctors' existence and came to Felarya to escape them. After the Guardians' creation of the Titans to combat the Correctors, the Oiriopata became increasingly active. Due to some of the oldest Titan ruins bearing Oiriopatan inscriptions, it has been speculated that the Oiriopata were temporarily sided with the Titans to combat the Correctors. Shortly after this, the Titans turned against the Guardians, leading to theories that Thesilea, the ruler of the Oiriopata, had instigated their rebellion. It was an extremely violent and chaotic time in Felarya's history.

The Oiriopata briefly went inactive again while the Correctors, Guardians, and Titans did battle. After the retreat of the Correctors, the Oiriopata emerged once again to side with the Titans to attack the weakened Guardians, but the Titans were suspicious of their ultimate intentions. The Titans turned on the Oiriopata, accusing the giantesses of systematically removing all opposition to their dominance of Felarya. In the ensuing battles, many more of the Oiriopatan cities, Horae, and dimensional gates were destroyed. Eventually, the Oiriopata were cornered at the Shimmering Sea where the battles with the Titans and Guardians escalated to the point that large portions of the continent were destroyed, leaving an archipelago surrounded by sea with many treasures to be found in its depths.

Research found that following these events the Oiriopata seemed to have vanished mysteriously while the Guardians and Titans continued their battles. Some speculate that these days were the last for the Oiriopata while others suggest that they might have escaped to another world. In the end, the fate of the Oiriopata may forever remain a mystery but the islands that they shaped will the be most visible part of their legacy. The only hope there may be of verifying truth behind the Oiriopatan lore is to ask the tribe of winged centauresses that currently guard Helicon island. Rumor has it that they were charged by the Oiriopata themselves with guarding their legacy. Unfortunately, the few explorers that have returned from Helicon Island report that the Helicons aren't very fond of nosy people.

The Clock of Aian

(presented as an example of a "magical clock") After the titanic battles that shaped the landscape, in a time when the islands of the Shimmering Sea were shifting dimensions erratically, the race of warrior giantesses with glowing hair known as the Oiriopata built a magical clock that brought order to the chaotic nature of their domain. This clock which lies in the temple of Aian and is heavily guarded by winged centaurs, limits the dimensional shifting of the archipelago. The four Horae that stand on the outlying islets of the archipelago are also components of the system and essentially mark the region's border. There are three other dimensions with similar light hours that feature statues resembling the Horae in Felarya; clearly these dimensions were selected by the Oiriopata for their compatibility with their time measurements.

The Clock of Aian allows dimensional shifting to occur at the end of every quarter which is made up of 127 chronological days. As indicated by artifacts left behind by the Oiriopata, a day consists of 32 hours of 64 minutes of 32 seconds. Though most civilizations in the archipelago have their own names for them, the quarters were originally named after the four Horae; Bori in the north, Eure in the east, Notul in the south, and Zehyr in the west.

The Four Horae

(the only four positively known to be working) Contructed out of stone and Iracal Crystal by an ancient race of giantesses, the Horae are four colossal statues that stand on islets in the north, east, south, and west of the Shimmering Sea surrounding the archipelago. Each resembles a female warrior with three faces, four wings, and stands about 300 feet (91.4 meters) high. The reason behind the appearance of the Horae is the object of much speculation. Some have theorized that the three face and four wings are symbolic, but of what, no one knows. At their base which is firmly planted on islets is engraved, "In the name of the Oiriopata, we stand watch over this domain now and forever more."

There have been rumors of the Horae moving and even speaking, but these reports come from sailors who were either intoxicated, or just so many kilometers away that they could have been fooled by atmospheric illusions. What may not be so far-fetched is the myth about the Horae marking the border of a field of highly unstable space-time that can have unpredictable affects on those that pass through it.

My intent with this idea: The Oiriopata bring more beauty and depth to Felarya's history. They were based off the Amazons but carry a sort of mystique similar to the Mayans. Their magitech, if that's the right word, is mainly geared towards inter-dimensional travel and teraforming new worlds to expand their empire. Their lingering technology could serve as a possible explanation of why Felarya links up with certain worlds with similar climates. These controls that guide Felarya's dimensional shifting, or point it in the right direction, could have been put in place by the Oiriopata.

For anyone wondering where the males are: Though I tend to describe them as a civilization of giantesses, they are not all female. The Oiripatan males had no civil rights. They mainly filled the roles of laborers and servants, and were kept out of sight, for the most part. To ensure that the males never revolted, their numbers were limited, they were not educated.

Last edited by gt500x on Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:14 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Removing Corrector ideas.)
Back to top Go down
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

PostSubject: Re: My post-rapture, left behind ideas    My post-rapture, left behind ideas  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 2:23 am

Updated 15 Apr 2011

Sitnalta
Danger Level: Low
Inhabitants: Humans, Water Elemental

Found between Iracal Island and the west coast of the Felaryan mainland, this aquatic city is inhabited by humans that have evolved for life underwater. Sitnalta is a magnificent kingdom that was established in a valley many years ago. It has become legendary "as the city that was swallowed by the sea." Legend tells of Sitnalta's destruction by a mysterious event that laid waste to the surrounding lands, causing the sea to flood the valley. While many civilizations perished, the resilient Sitnaltans survived the catastrophe that befell them. Over time, they adapted and evolved; developing blue skin, webbed feet, and fins along their arms and legs which makes them excellent swimmers. They're able to hold their breath for very long periods of time and also have the ability to sense electrical signals emitted by underwater bodies, helping them to recognize each other and potential predators.

Sitnalta's wonderous stone architecture extends above and below the sea surface. While above the surface, the people walk freely along the stone bridges, or streets, that connect each tower (or building), some rising only an inch out of the water. Below the surface, the citizens prefer to remain in the indoors that have been waterproofed. While the city has defenses against predators, the risk of being attacked by one of the smaller predators that has slipped past those defenses is not worth taking.

The city is also inhabited by a water elemental called Ennosigaios. He typically takes the form of a centaur and can vary greatly in size. Ennosigaios stumbled upon the city of Sitnalta which was under seige by a chlaena. For reasons beyond his understanding those many years ago, Ennosigaios answered the human's cries for help and forced the chlaena to retreat. The elemental was praised by the Sitnaltans who then begged him to remain in the city as their guardian. He reluctantly accepted the humans' offer and has been guarding Sitnalta for the many centuries since then. Lately, their have been reports of a few friendly mermaids visiting the Sitnaltans occasionally. Some speculate that the elemental, Ennosigaios, may have reached out to them and managed to forge some friendships.

===============================================================================================

!!!Update: The tweaking of this idea to remove any link with the Correctors has begun. There will be beings called the Phantasms, a much smaller threat to Felarya than the Correctors. The Oiriopata were NEVER involved in the conflict between the Guardians, Titans, and Correctors!!!

The Origin of the Dimensional Gates, Correctors Phantasms, and Witchcraft in Felarya

The Sibling Prodigies

Long before they began colonizing Felarya, the Oiriopata were already extending their reach across the universe through dimensional-based magic and technology. In their home world, referred to as Nexus, the former Queen Otrera was addressing the growing number of complaints concerning the behavior of her three daughters Aetolia, Hexate, and Morrigan.

A child prodigy, a troubled youth, a lost cause; these descriptions were used interchangeably between the sisters who were the cause of great anxiety among the Oiriopata. It became very apparent at their young age that they would one day surpass Queen Otrera in power, and possibly take her place as ruler, but each had also shown signs of harboring a deeply sadistic nature. As an example of their worrisome behavior, the sisters visibly gained great pleasure from openly torturing and devouring smaller sentient creatures. While most of those creatures were male and therefore seen as inferior life forms, the disturbing acts of cruelty against them were still viewed as contradictory to the way the Oiriopata raised their daughters to carry themselves. The reasons behind their dark fetishes remained a mystery for many years to come, but it was only just a precursor to the dark future that lied ahead.

The Dimensional Gates (also known as Hex Gates)

Just one of the Oiriopatan Dimensional Gates could transport a person anywhere in the multiverse and to almost any point in time, but building one was a labor and expense laden endeavor. The simplest versions were constructed of stone and were rectangular, but were only so conducive to magical use. The best were constructed of crystal and were regular hexagon shaped. Naturally, the stone gates were the more viable option as one needed to be built in every Oiriopatan settlement. The advancement of the gates benefited greatly from the later involvement of Otrera's daughters, namely Hexate. Hexate developed a method of summoning one of the many gates from Nexus to any point across the multi-verse.

To summon a gate from Nexus, the gate first needed to be marked in Oiriopatan runes that contained an identifier. The summoner then marked the location that the gate was to be summoned to in runes, and the spell was recited. The gate would appear instantly; not traveling through space, but leaving space and re-entering, essentially having its position in space changed by the runes. The Gates returned to Nexus as soon as the release spell was recited.

The Oiriopata were finally able to chose quality over quantity, and began building the gates of crystal. An additional improvement upon the gates was the ability to act as a window, showing the user what lied on the other side before they passed through it. This reduced the risk of entering a world where the conditions were not as the user imagined; conditions that could be hazardous. These dimensional gates were renamed Hexate Gates, or Hex Gates for short.

The CorrectorsThe Phantasms (Dimensional Elementals created through tragedy)
In work...

Witchcraft (The daughters of Otrera become the Khaos Goddess... destruction prophecied)
In work...

Last edited by gt500x on Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:01 pm; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : Sitnalta flooded during mysterious event)
Back to top Go down
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

PostSubject: Re: My post-rapture, left behind ideas    My post-rapture, left behind ideas  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 9:57 am

Moved.

Last edited by gt500x on Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

PostSubject: Re: My post-rapture, left behind ideas    My post-rapture, left behind ideas  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 6:57 pm

Ok, I'm trying to expand on a character that I introduced weeks earlier, while adding more culture to my idea for an elven civilization. Also, more information that might be helpful for understanding these ideas can be found in The Legend of Astryon and the Golden Shield of Alur on a previous page. Sorry about typos and the funky things this page is doing. Thank you for reading. Feel free to tell me how ridiculous some of these ideas are!

The Lipari Temple in the Valley of Atomata
(Atomata, formerly Automata)

In the elven city which lies in the valley between Rainbow Mountain and Mount Litocoro, stands a temple devoted to the mythological figure named Lipari. The Atomatans believe themselves to be descendants of the legendary smith. In and around the temple are various forms of artwork depicting Lipari at different points of his life, many portraying the famous labors that he had to complete on his way to becoming the Guardian Blacksmith that Atomatans believe he is.

He lived in a period of relative safety for non-giant humanoids; the era of great beast was ending and the age of giant hybrid predators was in its early dawn. The elf is said to have met Volkan the lava elemental during his journey to the Pyrale mountains on a homemade electric-motorbike. Volkan was intrigued by the riding contraption and inquired about its creation and Lipari's reasons for coming to the mountains. The teenaged Lipari explained that he was the son of an inventor and a skilled blacksmith himself, and he was in search of Tedrek metals. Volkan became more intrigued and revealed that he too was a great blacksmith and invited Lipari to see his works. Lipari was so taken that he begged Volkan to mentor him. Volkan turned the request down, citing that he was uninterested in teaching a tiny humanoid, as their potential was limited. But Lipari was persistent. He returned to the Pyrale mountains again and again until Volkan agreed to take him on as an apprentice, but only after Lipari completes seven trials, or labors.

Each labor was said to be harder than the one before it. Lipari bravely faced the decade of challenges ahead of him. The first labor was to fetch a fish from the Topazial Sea, which Lipari is said to have completed after harpooning a mermaid’s tongue. The second labor was to charm a naga, which Lipari did with a custom made flute. The third labor was to make a harpy laugh, which Lipari did by trying to insult her. The fourth labor was to prank a fairy, Lipari accomplished this by holding up a mirror in front of a fairy that tried to shrink him; the fairy was most displeased to see her ample breasted reduced to almost nothing. The fifth labor involved stealing a nut from a squirrel, so Lipari crafted a giant acorn out of metal and offered it to a squirrel. When the squirrel went for the fake giant acorn Lipari ran off with the squirrel’s stash of real acorns, but he was plagued by nightmares ever since. The sixth labor was to forge an object of his choosing out of Tedrek steel; Lipari built a vehicle that was at least 20 feet long. At first, this baffled Volkan, the lava elemental, but it made sense once Lipari reminded him of his seventh and final labor to spend one night with a succubus. The final test was passed with flying colors, as the succubus put it, and so was the elf’s journey into manhood. Never in his wildest dreams did Volkan expect Lipari to accomplish such ridiculous tasks but somehow the elf made it happen over the course of a decade. It was clear then to Volkan that Lipari was much greater a being than his small size indicated and he followed through with his promise to become the elf’s mentor.

As legend goes, Lipari one day surpassed Volkan as a blacksmith and was called upon by the Guardians when Felarya came under siege by a mysterious threat. This threat seemed to have no end to their numbers and the Guardians were in search of an army to match, so Lipari went to work on a creation that he’d always dreamed of, but unlike anything he’d ever attempted. During the following years of war, Lipari's creation served the Guardians well kept the threat at bay, but then things took an unexpected turn for the worse; the creation turned on the Guardians. It was a regrettable event but not as regrettable as the descision to give the creation the ability to reproduce on its own. When Lipari came into possession of a weapon that might prove devastating to the creation, he suddenly found himself targeted by many gigantic and dangerous forces. He was eventually captured by one of the armor clad giantesses with long luminous hair and was crushed in her hands. Some believe this to be the death of Lipari, but the Elves of Atomata believe that Lipari lived on, eventually joining the ranks of the Guardians. Whether this legend is true or not, its importance to the Atomatans can’t be overstated. Every form of art they create, whether wooden or metallic, is inspired by Lipari’s greatness. Every construct that walks the forest surrounding their city, from the tiny beetles to the giant sentries, are powered by Lipari's magic.

Landmark: The Golden Titan

Poised to strike an opponent that is no longer there with its sword, the Golden Titan is frozen in battle for an amount of time that may never be known. The Akaptor Desert is a window to the past and looking at this lone Titan is no different. The imagination comes alive with thoughts of what that battle must have looked like and who, or what, the opponent was. Rumors from the desert have told of mirages that appear once one gets within the right range of the Golden Titan; mirages of the battle that fused all of the Titan's parts together into one solid figure. Some have even suggested that the Titan is still alive and has an aura that can be felt by anyone close enough. The aura is also rumored to act as a repellent for giant predators, as none have ever been seen in that area. If that is the case, perhaps it is an inherited fear of Titans or the powerful beings of that time. Questions also arise as to the nature of the power that could have frozen a Titan in solid gold.

Minerals: Philosopher’s Stone
Rarity: Legendary

Believed to be found in the depths of the Shimmering Sea where titanic battles have destroyed the land that once joined Iracal Island and the continent of Felarya, Philosopher’s Stone is a legendary stone that is used in crafting extremely powerful magical artifacts. The power of this stone is said to be so great that only a God can use a piece larger than 2 inches (5 cm) in diameter without being killed. Needless to say, creating an artifact with the Philosopher's Stone takes the talents of a magismith of the highest order.

Artifact: The Philosopher’s Eye

Crafted with the legendary Philosopher’s Stone, the Philosopher's Eye is believed to have granted the holder with the ability to alter reality by making statements like, “This ... isn’t here,” or “This is a sword in my hand, not a stick.” What can’t be done is speaking something completely out of existence. Some have said that it was once held by the ruler of the now ruined city of Ur-Sagol. Where the Philosopher’s Eye is today is anybody’s guess.

Artifact: Tolkin's Sword of Knowledge

In the mythology of the Dracaenas, the hero Tolkin that slayed the gorgeous Dracaena named Alur was said to have wielded this sword. Tolkin fought without his eyes and relied upon the supernatural knowledge that the sword endowed him with. The phenomena of knowing what was not learned or seen, supernatural knowledge, is said to be one of the many possibilities of the legendary Philosopher's Stone that was crafted into the hilt of Tolkin's sword.

The current location of the sword is unknown but one rumor tells of Tolkin leaving the sword at the Peak of Sorrow, west of the Everynight forest before he mysteriously vanished. Why he traveled to the Peak of Sorrow and drove the blade of the sword into the mountain is a mystery but some recently discovered tales paint a tragic picture of Tolkin's last days.

Last edited by gt500x on Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:14 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

PostSubject: Re: My post-rapture, left behind ideas    My post-rapture, left behind ideas  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 1:11 am

Update: I've tweaked this idea to remove any link with the Correctors. There will be beings called the Phantasms, a much smaller threat to Felarya than the Correctors and their battles
never involved the Titans or Guardians. : )

The Origin of the Dimensional Gates, Phantasms, and Witchcraft in Felarya (continued from earlier)

The Phantasms

The Oiriopatan empire was expanding at a torrid pace with the development of Hex gates. The giantesses conquered thousands of worlds across the universe; typically giving the females the opportunity to assimilate into their society while enslaving their males. However, the rapid expansion came to an abrupt halt after the first encounters with dreadful phenomenons that seemed to appear and devastate settlements like a passing storm. Moments before the occurrence of one of the phenomenons, the Oiriopatan settlers would sense significant warping of time and space accompanied by an ominous feeling. They had very little time to prepare before the ensuing chaos swept through their city, leaving collapsed buildings and buckled ground in its wake, much like being hit by both a tornado and an earthquake at once. After the dust settled, the Oiriopata emerged from their shelters to find structures, objects, and livestock strangely fused into each other.

With every occurrence, the damage became greater and the cause more recognizable. The giantesses eventually came to the realization that the encounters were not happening by chance; they were being targeted by what could only be described as walking "blurs" that came in many shapes and sizes. They were visible, yet transparent; physical beings with the ability to vanish and reappear almost anywhere instantly. There didn't seem to be any sentience about them, just minds set on destruction. Ghostly howls carried by the wind sounded the arrival of these strange beings that struck fear into the hearts of the Oiriopata. The questions of when, and how, the creatures came to be were secondary to the questions of why they were attacking and what could be done to stop them.

Over the next two decades, the Oiriopata suffered heavy casualties fighting the mysterious creatures. The beings seemed to know exactly where to find the Oiriopatan cities and when to attack them. Many prayed to Khaos, a Goddess portrayed as having three faces and six wings, for forgiveness for their apparent transgressions in hopes that her wrath would be lifted. The monsters never relented. After countless bloody battles, the rumors began to spread; an Oiriopata had betrayed her sisters and was guiding the creatures. Such a horrible possibility seemed inconceivable, but then again, there was no real reason not to take it seriously. So the question that begged to be answered was, if the rumor was true, who would commit such a crime against her own kind? One Oiriopata had a hunch, but she truly hoped to be proven wrong.

Thesilea, one of the Oiriopata's most decorated warriors, took it upon herself to investigate the origin of the beings. Her search for the truth led her back to Nexus, the most significant of cities to their people, yet she hadn't heard a single report of an attack from there. In Nexus she met with her sister, Queen Otrera, and Otrera's daughters who were busy devising more applications of dimensional magic. Thesilea had never been very fond of her nieces Aetolia, Hexate, and Morrigan; mainly due to them being the sadists they had proven themselves to be as children. Being in their presence was uncomfortable enough without the feeling that they were now being strangely secretive about their recent activities.

Late into the night, when Thesilea was sure her three nieces were asleep, she left her room and ventured into the underground bastilles. The prisoners, mainly males from various civilizations that had been conquered, were especially fearful of her presence. It was very much like they had been brutally tortured in some way. As she traveled deeper, she noticed more and more prisoners were missing body parts, some had large holes going straight through their bodies but were not acting as if they were missing anything. One of them threw himself against the bars that confined him. Thesilea was shocked to find that the humanoid male had no head, but he was perfectly alive and spoke to her...

“What wrong have we done to deserve this fate? You’ve separated us from our loved ones, enslaved us for the building of your cities, taken our bodies for your filthy pleasure, and now this… one by one we are becoming mindless monsters! ”

Thesilea sighed then walked away from the howling prisoner to return to the surface. She had seen enough to know that the rumors were true; one of their own was behind the attacks on Oiriopatan cities. Once in the royal palace, Thesilea was confronted by Queen Otrera who pleaded with her to keep the things she had seen a secret, for the sake of her beloved daughters. Although she found their actions deplorable she couldn’t possibly turn her back on her own children. Otrera promised that she would convince them to stop the attacks for as long as Thesilea would keep quiet. Saying nothing, Thesilea left her sister waiting for an answer and returned to the city from which she came. Not many days after Thesilea’s departure, she returned to the royal palace, only this time she was leading thousands of furious Oiriopata to battle. The daughters of Otrera; Aetolia, Hexate, and Morrigan were all killed in the siege but their bodies were somehow lost. Queen Otrera had also gone missing but she was believed to be alive. It was an unceremonious change of command. Nexus, the home of the Oiriopata, was heavily damaged but it would be restored with Thesilea as its new Queen.

Many years had passed since the mysterious “walking blurs,” with their ghostly howls and ominous auras, were last seen. The obscure creatures that had dominated the nightmares of the Oiriopata for so long were vanquished for good, or so the giantesses thought. The feelings of dread, warping of walls and floors right before the eyes, and the bone chilling howls carried by the wind had returned. Crashing down on Nexus were the hazy images of humanoids, beasts, and hybrids. The figure that stood out the most however was that of the Goddess Khaos; she was just as the Oiriopata had always envisioned her except that her faces were those of Aetolia, Hexate, and Morrigan. Somehow the bodies of the three sisters had been transformed and fused into one of those creatures, and they had taken the form of the primary Oiriopatan Goddess. The only way Thesilea could understand that happening is if Otrera understood the process for creating the strange creatures and had performed the procedure to save the lives of her daughters. It was hard to believe, but there was nothing else to believe. No matter how it happened, they were now one menacing being called Khaos and her faces spoke in unison before she unleashed havoc on the city.

“All that was born from Khaos shall be returned to her.”

Like an invisible tidal wave, the power of Khaos leveled the palace in a single blow. The Oiriopata fought fiercely but the creatures’ ability to phase in and out made them incredibly hard to hit, and some of the Oiriopata were even possessed by the shadowy beings. The giantesses were being overwhelmed by this new generation of monsters that were smarter, more determined, and even more powerful than their predecessors; there was no choice left but to flee through the Hex gates. Although it took many years, and many worlds were ravaged along the way, Khaos and her army of monstrosities arrived in Felarya with the intent to leave it in total chaos.

The Origin of Witchcraft in Felarya

During the time of great wars in Felarya, the former Queen of the Oiriopata, Otrera resurfaced. She reached out to all the members of the female gender, especially those who were familiar with the Oiriopata, and she offered them an alternative to what they had been taught. Without a doubt, females were still the superior beings in the universe but it went much farther than that; they were all divine beings connected to the Goddess Khaos through their femininity. She went on to tell them that when the universe is returned to the chaotic form it once held, then all would be as it should. Otrera’s teachings were unquestionably dark and maybe even illogical but she found plenty of females that were eager to follow her, almost all of them human. Her teachings were to be preserved in books, and passed down to future generations.

Legend has it that Otrera was eventually discovered and killed by the Oiriopata soon after Khaos and the rest of the Phantasms were driven off. Before she was killed, Otrera warned that it was only a matter of time before her children returned, and so would she. It was those words that prompted Thesilea to order Otrera’s body to be burned.

Reposted here for relevance...
Witches vers 3.0:

Last edited by gt500x on Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:34 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

PostSubject: Re: My post-rapture, left behind ideas    My post-rapture, left behind ideas  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 1:47 pm

The Great Storyteller: Heseodorus

Heseodorus, a man just as legendary as the characters in the stories he told; Heseodorus was more than a master of story telling, to some he was a bona fide historian. The Torinians believed that their primary God, Somah, would show Heseodorus visions of significant events from all over the world the moment they happened. Heseodorus would then sit, open his book, and write the visions that appeared before him.
As a sacred figure, Heseodorus watches over the Torinians and writes their deeds in a book that shines like a star. Torinians actually point to the brightest star in the sky and believe that it's the Great Storyteller watching from Heaven; recording every single act of kindness, every humorous moment, and every heroic feat. No good deed goes unseen. When a Torinian passes on and ascends to Heaven, his or her legend will already be well known. Heseodorus will then tell those stories to King Torin and all those that now live in their city in Heaven; it will be a party where a wonderful time is had by all.

"I do not create these stories of giants, heroes, and villains... nor do I know if they are true or not. I'm only sharing with you what was shared with me." - the great story teller, Heseodorus.

"The Peak of Sorrow: The tragedy of Demechrelle" as told by Heseodorus

In work...

===============================================================================================================================================

Yeah, so... by the way, my inspiration for writing this little tale... Well, I saw the artwork of Demechrelle in the wiki and she didn't strike me as a being to be feared at all, I actually felt sorry for her. As far as I know, most seem to view her as some kind of terrifying killing force but I think it is actually the opposite.

Karbo was kind enough to grant me permission to write a story about her. Sorry if I totally miss on her character Karbo, :-P

It's nothing groundbreaking. It's just a fun little project for me... Anywayz, I'll get back on it after sleep... and work... and maybe more sleep and work. Maybe it'll be done by Friday (oops, I meant to say NEXT friday) XP ... but it might only take 5 minutes to read.... seriously.

That's enough. It's official. I'm wierd.

Last edited by gt500x on Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:58 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: My post-rapture, left behind ideas    My post-rapture, left behind ideas  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 2:38 am

I'm definitely looking forward to it lol!
I'm glad the picture could inspire you ^_^

And wow a lot of great ideas there ! The golden titan, Sitnalta, Lipari.. you have such a fertile imagination Smile
However concerning the correctors, um I had rather different plans for them ( http://felarya.com/wiki/index.php?title=The_Correctors ) ^^;
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

PostSubject: Re: My post-rapture, left behind ideas    My post-rapture, left behind ideas  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 7:21 pm

Yeah, I noticed that a little too late. Oh well, I will find other ways to use that story I wrote. That description of the Correctors is actually far more suitable than mine, I was just trying to do something unpredictable.
In the end, it probably still came out pretty predictable anyway. XP

================================================================================================================================================================

I'll be going over my ideas to ensure there are no similarities with any others out there. If there are similarities, I want to make it known that they are purely coincidental.
I strive to be as original as humanly possible and while I have no shame in borrowing from mythology I will not leach off of ideas from community members. I just want
that to be understood.

================================================================================================================================================================

Phantasms
Danger Level: Very high
Occurrence: Very rare (None are believed to currently exist in Felarya but it is still possible)

Described by The Legendary Storyteller as ghastly spirits born out of torment and hatred, Phantasms are extremely dangerous beings that will often possess living creatures. The myth of their origin states that emotions in sentient creatures generate powerful energies and these energies were cruelly extracted in great amounts then bound to spirits of slain subjects by three wicked giantesses thousands of years ago. These beings teeming with negative emotional energies also develop affinities, or alignments; essentially becoming embodiments of rage, fear, despair, envy, remorse, sorrow, lust, and malice. Similar to the powers of wrath maidens, anyone near Phantasms will be overwhelmed by their energies. A Phantasm of Fear will fill other beings with the emotion of fear, sometimes to the point of immobilizing them.

Phantasms began a habit of feeding on souls many years ago. When feeding without a physical body, Phantasms will often rip souls from living creatures and swallow them. Phantasms prefer to reside in a physical body, however, and will digest the soul while their physical body digests the body of their prey. If their possessed body is too small to swallow a prey whole the Phantasm can still suck the soul out of their prey but they will also have to find food to sustain their physical body. Since Phantasms are incredibly powerful they can endow their physical body with supernatural strength, flexibility, and even psionic powers.

In a period of great conflict in Felarya, the Phantasms appeared with intentions to plunge the world into chaos. The inhabitants of Felarya were said to have had their hands full with a more significant threat so the Phantasms were able to move about without much harassment until they were finally discovered and driven out. To speak on where the Phantasms are currently would be pure speculation but as long as their creators are believed to still exist, there’s no reason to suggest they won’t return to Felarya someday with intentions to spread chaos, hatred, and despair. In all actuality, there’s no reason to believe that a small number of Phantasms aren’t still walking the land today. As The Legendary Story teller once said, “As long as there exists pain, there will be nightmares born from it.”

(Oh, the reason I didn't go with the name Phantoms is because I thought it might be too similar to Phantom Elves.)

Back to top Go down
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

PostSubject: Re: My post-rapture, left behind ideas    My post-rapture, left behind ideas  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 10:39 am

(Gawd, I hope nobody has ideas similar to these.)

Flora>Crystal Blossom

Resembling the Cherry Blossom, a tree rumored to exist in another world, the Crystal Blossom blooms only in cold weather. It can be found in various lands in the Shimmering Sea. Its beauty and sweet petals makes its blooming a special occasion in many cultures. The petals of the Crystal Blossom are actually formations of sugar crystals that are very light and soft but also hold together well when frozen. The bright red berries that grow on the Crystal Blossom are very juicy but slightly tart. When the berries are eaten with the petals of the Crystal Blossom it is said to create an icy symphony of flavors on the tongue. These berries and petals are highly sought after. Many humanoid species have come to the Shimmering Sea in search of Crystal Blossoms only to be intercepted by patiently waiting predators that know of their taste for sweets.

City of Torin> Monuments> The Hall of Elysia

A temple dedicated to all the Torinians that fell in defending the city, the Hall of Elysia is constructed of stone, marble, crystal, and gold. In the center of the round building stands an enormous sculpture of crystal and gold depicting Rhodes Torin and Pyros Taio bravely leading a unit of fierce warriors into battle. Along the walls are etched the names of all those soldiers that gave their lives to protect the Torinians. The names of the Elite soldiers, or those that passed away taking the final test to become an Elite, are placed higher. The Hall has a large, gold trimmed, circular opening in the ceiling called the Sacred Gate that is directly under the land in Heaven where the fallen Torinians are believed to reside. They are able to ascend and descend to and from Heaven through this opening.

City of Torin> Culture> Faith

The Torinians believe that once they pass on they will all be reunited in a city in Heaven that King Torin has built specifically for his beloved people. Whether this is allowed by any other powers that may exist in Heaven is irrelevant to the Torinians because they are convinced that a large city of people have the power to create anything by believing in it hard enough. This is also why they believe that souls that they hold sacred can become bona fide deities. It also explains why they believe that souls of fallen soldiers can return to the land of the living and defend those that call upon them, even in spirit form, before returning to their Torinian city in Heaven.

City of Torin> Culture> The Celebration of History

The last day of every calendar year, which the Torinians recognize as the end of the snowy quarter, the people of Torin gather in their enormous garden for a festival called the Celebration of History. With many delicious foods made using leaves and berries from the Crystal Blossoms in the garden, the Torinians have a massive picnic to reflect on their history and express appreciation for each other; each and every Torinian has contributed to the building of their great city. The people pray to the founders and all those that have given their lives for the city to descend from Heaven and join in the festivities. There are special, and very large dishes prepared for the harpies. It's also an opportunity for the harpy Harriet to display her divine singing voice within the city limits, which she isn't allowed to do very often. The celebration goes well into the wintry night until the rain begins to fall, signaling the beginning of the new calendar year.

Back to top Go down
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

PostSubject: Re: My post-rapture, left behind ideas    My post-rapture, left behind ideas  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 6:30 am

Lipari's Forge and the Legion of Creations

Colosal structures move about, up north, somewhere in uncharted territory. They search a land riddled with scars for the remains of stone and metal warriors of an era gone by. This is both a clean up effort and an effort to bring fallen brethren home to be reborn. Further north they travel to a volcanic crater the size of a city. In this crater stands an incredible amount of constructs patiently awaiting the orders of their creator. Marvelous machines work tirelessly together, shaping and assembling, increasing the size of the mighty army. In their varied forms, armed with varied weapons, they are ready for the event their master calls upon them or his life is somehow threatened. There is no sentience about them, only the drive to serve the ancient elf drafting ideas for new additions to his gallery of living art. Surrounded by metals of many sorts, covered in dirt and sweat, the elf never grows weary of this labor of love which he has been at for thousands of years. Such a fantastic tale... in the end, it's still just a tale.

Last edited by gt500x on Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I love typos)
Back to top Go down
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

PostSubject: Re: My post-rapture, left behind ideas    My post-rapture, left behind ideas  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 10:04 am

The Ruins of Lorraine

Many years ago there was a marvelous city located in what is now called the Miragia Forest. This city called Lorraine was originally built by humanoids many times larger than the humans that moved into the city after it's original occupants mysteriously vanished. The humans inherited Lorraine and an enormous crystal structure that emanated a power they did not understand. The belief grew among the Lorraineans that the immense, flat, and hexagonal crystal structure was a creation of the Gods put in place for the protection of the city. It was a period of time when the giant hybrid predators had not yet come into dominance over Felarya. The only threat that the Lorraineans had to worry about were the humans that came from a city to the west who showed great interest in the crystal structure. They claimed to know exactly what the structure was, though the construction material was different from what they were use to and quite obviously not from that area of Felarya. The westerners insisted that they would put it to better use than the Lorraineans would. After refusing all offers from the western civilization the Lorraineans soon found themselves at the mercy of an insurmountable army. During the invasion, the crystal structure was damaged and mysterious power began seeping from the large crack in the structures surface. Like a violent storm, the mysterious power destroyed both the Lorrainean people as well as the invaders from the west. As legends go, a Guardian sensed the chaotic energy released in the land and attempted to seal the crack; the power flowing through the giant crystal structure was cut down but in the end it could not be fully contained. It is said that the Guardian's investigation of the cause of the event led her to the civilization that lied in the west. After seeing the great power in their possession and their willingness to recklessly wield it, the Guardian tore the civilization asunder in a single night. Since that moment, the Guardians have been more vigilant in watching for unexpected threats to life and order in Felarya springing up. Unfortunately it came too late for the city of Lorraine which lies in ruin, deep within a forest where a mysterious power runs amok.

(Just wondering if I can get some feedback on the idea for the Philosopher's Stone and the Artifacts that I updated. Both are on page 4. If they're overpowered I would like to know. Thanks.)

Back to top Go down
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

PostSubject: Re: My post-rapture, left behind ideas    My post-rapture, left behind ideas  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 6:43 am

Resurrecting the... Location: The Crystal Light Caverns (Formerly Luminous Caverns and Illuminated Caverns)
Danger: Normal
Inhabitants: (In work) Possibly Chlaenas

The large crystal formations that litter the landscapes of Iracal Island extend deep into the caverns below, illuminating them with light from the surface. There would be enough light for a colony of humans to survive without having to create light sources during the day, but there are also many areas that the light can not reach and may provide a hiding place for dangerous predators and even Darkness Elementals. Treasure hunters can enter these caverns in search of the abundant gems they are said to contain. Be warned however, the cavernes connect to the sea so it is not unthinkable to find a Chlaena lurking. The worst possible scenario might be to find a visiting Succubus in these enormous and treasure filled caverns.

(I may put a civilization of some sort in the Illuminated Caverns.)

[More Minerals of the Shimmering Sea]

Mineral: Frostlite
Rarity: Precious

Forged under extreme pressures when an air pocket gets trapped in ice, Frostlite is a light blue crystal that practically glows with magic. It is said to endow the holder with water, wind, and ice magic. It is most commonly found inside icebergs. Depending on the size or number of Frostlite in possession of the user, the power bestowed magnifies; it becomes possible to create a wall of ice or a tidal wave up to 100 ft (30.4 m) high.

Mineral: Iracal Crystal
Rarity: Abundant

One of the most conductive materials in Felarya, Iracal Crystal is exceedingly good at storing and transmitting energies; energies such as sound, light, heat, cold, electricity, and even kinetic energy. Energies can be stored for months or years before it fades or is discharged by an outside force. The 50 to 80 foot (15 to 24 m) high monoliths found in the area resonate melodiously in high wind and stay charged with sunlight throughout the night. Because the crystal doesn't grant the holder any power it is not very sought after by explorers, even though it has many uses. To innately magical people, such as those that reside in Torin, the crystal is very much appreciated as a medium to manifest the magic within their bodies. It's also used to light buildings, power machines, keep food cold, and craft weapons and artifacts.

(Damn, I really should start proofreading)

Last edited by gt500x on Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Now called the Crystal Light Caverns)
Back to top Go down
walkingbyself
Great warrior
Great warrior
walkingbyself

PostSubject: Re: My post-rapture, left behind ideas    My post-rapture, left behind ideas  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 6:34 pm

From your mention of your mineral Frostlite in the Seas of Felarya thread I was wondering if you wouldn't mind me incorporating what you have put here into my rewrite of the Imorieth Tundra. I will of course give you all the props for its creation but I just wanted to make sure I had your go ahead before I go about bandying it about in anything I write.
Back to top Go down
http://walkingbyself.deviantart.com/
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

PostSubject: Re: My post-rapture, left behind ideas    My post-rapture, left behind ideas  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 6:38 pm

I started to put "Attention walkingbyself" in front of that idea so that you'd know it was for your use. I was actually making it for your city in the Iceberg. Go ahead and use it as you see fit.

*Updated the entry on the Great Storyteller and added him under to my description of the Torinians under "Architecture" and also under "Culture."
Back to top Go down
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

PostSubject: Re: My post-rapture, left behind ideas    My post-rapture, left behind ideas  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 7:43 am

Danger level: Low

On the shores of the Akaptor Desert is a heavily armored armed military base occupied by group of humanoids with unknown intentions. The true nature of their appearance is unknown because the people of Area 15 wear high tech suits that cover their entire bodies. These suits are said to nullify dimension instability and allow the humanoids of that society to walk on the sands of the Akaptor Desert. There was one particular rumor that a dead soldier had been recovered by a tribe located in the desert. After his suit was finally taken apart the people of that tribe saw what they described as a "grey skinned humanoid male with large black eyes."

Their intentions are unknown but they seem to be searching for something in the depths of the Shimmering Sea. They have a heavily armed fleet of ships at their disposal. Given the legends of the fantastic battles that took place their between beings of mythical proportions, it is highly likely that these humanoids are in search of something in particular from that time period.

They have been known to provide a service for people wishing to transit across the Shimmering Sea, for a nominal fee. But one shouldn't expect first class service; it's been said that the accomadations are only slightly above awful. Most will gladly take an uncomfortable cruise across the sea if it means they will reach their destination safely. The ships go back and forth between the smaller military installations on the shores of Iracal Island and the Imoreith Tundra. But why these humanoids would go out of their way to interact with other Felaryans is a mystery. They are known for asking questions but not answering them.

Last edited by gt500x on Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: My post-rapture, left behind ideas    My post-rapture, left behind ideas  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 4:26 am

"we come in Peace" XD

Some nice ideas there again, I especially like how you are coming up with new developpment for the Torin city Smile
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

PostSubject: Re: My post-rapture, left behind ideas    My post-rapture, left behind ideas  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 2:46 pm

Lol, looking back at the Area 15 idea, I do feel it's kinda silly. Well that's what happens when you let the imagination wander a little too much; things get wierd.

I'm happy you found the development of Torin interesting. I admit it's something I've been neglecting but I have to go with my muse. There are alot of unknowns surrounding the city and its people that I should take care of as soon as possible, especially now that I know the imformation might prove useful to other members of the community. I'll work on it right after I'm finished letting my mind wander.

=========================================================================================

Thanks for reading. Inputs are always welcome!

"Update to Torin's Chronology":

Here's the original page... IF... anybody wants to see it.

Last edited by gt500x on Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:08 pm; edited 10 times in total (Reason for editing : Name change... Nemesis > Nemesi)
Back to top Go down
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

PostSubject: Re: My post-rapture, left behind ideas    My post-rapture, left behind ideas  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 8:19 pm

^ Holy fuckin typos Batman ^

====================================================================================

The Harpies of the Charon Oasis (Idea modified... again......... and again)
Danger Level: High in flocks, Moderate alone
Occurrence: Rare

The savage harpies that originated at the Charon Oasis in the Akaptor Desert have seen their infamy rise within the last century. At one point there was a single flock that was fairly typical but they took a distinct turn for the worst after the death of their dominant member and chaos ensued. Out of desperation to keep their flock strong amongst fierce rivals they dared to mate with the Terror Hyenas of the Great Rocky Fields. The resulting generations of Harpies were truly wild and savage creatures, hardly resembling sentient beings at all. Their hair and feathers were ruffled and unkept, and they could barely put together an intelligible sentence.

Many have speculated on how high, or low, their I.Q. really was but no matter what the case may have been they formed a very formidable threat. Whatever they lacked in intelligence they made up for in tenacity and the dangerous quills hidden in their plumage that could be ejected at targets. These quills filled with paralyzing venom were an odd development considering the Terror Hyenas possessed poisonous claws, not quills; somehow this trait manifested in their offspring in a completely different way. When threatened, the Charon Harpies could make these quills stand on end giving them an almost porcupine-like appearance, although their quills are not quite as long.

They were very dependent on their flock and would almost never been seen straggling. As an example of how strong their flock mentality is, even when out matched none of these savage harpies would relent during an attack until the dominant harpy called for a retreat; they would all simply fight to their death. Luckily for them, their dominant member has never been killed first. The Harpies of Charon have also inherited the eerie laughter of the Terror Hyenas which they do almost uncontrollably when excited. Their color patterns usually range from brown to black and sometimes feature spots.

Smaller humanoids need only fear Charon Harpies if they are in groups seeing as how a lone humanoid obviously won't feed a flock. These harpies typically pose a much bigger threat to other giant creatures. They have no qualms about ambushing a lone centaur or even a harpy in mid-air.

In spite of the rumors of seeing Charon Harpy flocks as far as the Pyrale Mountains, the prevailing belief is that there is just this one flock which migrates around the Shimmering Sea.

(I hope there are Terror Hyenas in the Great Rocky Fields. XP I finally posted a description of the Charon Oasis on the next page)

=============================================================================================

Reposted from another thread... I'm only suggesting this next idea because I have a character in need of a defined sub-species.

Harpy Species: Lustris

Lustris are a giant species of harpy famed for their astounding beauty, generously said to rival succubi's, and their ability to lay eggs of various precious stones and metals. The key behind this ability is an utter mystery that keeps research scientists coming and Lustris fed. What is known is that these empty eggs are not a result of mating. They are still capable of reproducing and laying normal eggs.

There are several types of Lustris, the difference between each is reflected in the harpies' appearance. Oddly, or not so, they all have attractions toward a certain precious stone or metal that is produced by other types of Lustris.

The Golden Lustris have shiny golden skin, golden or bronze feathers, and blond hair. They produce golden eggs but are most attracted to the color of emerald.

Platinum Lustris have pale skin, and greyish-white feathers and hair. They produce eggs of platinum and adore sapphires, or jewels of deep blue colors.

Ruby Lustris seem to have a perpetually rosy blush either on dark or light skin tones. Their hair and feathers range from pink to a darker, redish-pink. They lay ruby eggs but love the color and shine of platinum.

Sapphire Lustris have varying shades of blue hair and feathers. They lay eggs of sapphire and are attracted to the warmth of ruby's color.

Emerald Lustris have varying shades of shiny green feathers and produce emerald eggs. They have a strong attraction to gold, and because of this, Emerald and Golden Lustris tend to become lovers; only when looking to mate will they actively pursue a male.

A common trait of most Lustris is that they are usually very greedy and antagonizingly vain. Though this is not guaranteed to be the case when dealing with Lustris raised away from their arrogant mothers. But just like the others, even those transplanted Lustris love to adorn themselves with amulets, earrings, and other trinkets. They go to great lengths to take care of their bodies; literally spending hours washing their face, combing their hair, polishing their claws, and lustering their feathers. This extreme obsession with their appearance often draws sarcastic comments from less meticulous species of harpies.

Lustris can be found all over Felarya but mostly in area they see as beautiful; areas such as a beach, an oasis, or a temple where they can hoard ancient treasures. The seasoned treasure hunter knows that sighting a Lustri means that chances are high of finding valuable treasure nearby, especially the eggs of the Lustri. A human caught by a one of these harpies has a small chance to escape if they can bribe the harpy with jewelry made from their favorite precious metal or stone. There's even the possibility of escaping by flattering her or giving her beauty tips, but then the latter has also been known to backfire.

In the end, there's only a minuscule chance of survival if caught by a Lustri; these gorgeous creatures are thoroughly convinced that eating humans provides vital nutrition for keeping a full and healthy figure.

Last edited by gt500x on Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

PostSubject: Re: My post-rapture, left behind ideas    My post-rapture, left behind ideas  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 8:42 pm

I hope these ideas haven't already been suggested. I can't search the entire wiki. Feedback is most welcome to help me fine tune the ideas... I'm almost begging for it.

Landmark/Phenomenon: The Great Arch (also known as The Path of Anemoi)

Stretching across the sky high above the Shimmering Sea is a marvelous illuminated jet stream resembling a sparkling white river in the sky. As with rainbows, the Great Arch is an awe inspiring wonder that one can't help but to stop and admire, especially at night. A variety of airborne fauna swim in its stream, high up in the atmosphere. While the Great Arch is believed by most to be a jet stream that has somehow become saturated with magical energy, many cultures attribute more divine qualities to its origin. The Path of Anemoi is an alternate name derived from a legend told by Heseodorus about a heroic wind elemental, and has gained popularity in many parts of the world.

Rough Terrain fauna

Hypogryphs (also spelled Hippogriffs)
Threat: Moderate

Possessing the head of an eagle, the body of a horse, a front half covered in feathers with the wings of an eagle on its back, and tail feathers; the hypogryphs are the majestic steeds of the sky. They typically stand only moderately taller than a similar animal, the thoroughbred horse. While most of the population can be found herding in the wild, many have been domesticated by humans and elves over the years. They are very fast runners and high speed flyers. For trained riders, the Hypogryphs are the best form of transportation available. Because of their speed, they are often raised for sport. Hypogryph racing always draws large crowds of people at arenas who are looking to satisfy their thirst for fast paced action, as well as those who enjoy a little gambling. They are also staples in gladiatoral contests, especially jousting.

Groxum
Threat: Moderate

Resembling an elephant sized bovine crossed with a bear, groxum are mean but trainable beasts that are used in farm work and transporting heavy loads. The males feature large ram-like horns on their heads that they use to push over large objects such as boulders and trees. Groxum have claws that help traverse the mountainous regions where they typically reside. Their big appetites are usually satisfied by fish, insects, green leaves, and berries.

Kouniglos (also known as Nommy Rabbits)
Threat: Medium

At first glance the kouniglos looks like a typical hare. At second glance, the observer finds him or herself in a fight for their life. While their small furry bodies and long pointy ears will surely compel most to try and take one home as a pet, experienced hunters know that the only cute kouniglos is a dead one. The factor that makes the small animal so deadly is not its top running speed of 80 km/h, nor is it the tenacious nature of the creature. What makes the kouniglos deadly is that it hunts in droves. While one may be seen alone quite often, it has the ability to emit a high pitched chirp to call its drove which is usually scattered about but very near. The observer has a one minute window to silence the "caller" before a number of kouniglos in the 20's and 30's close in on him or her for a meal. Like little hopping piranha, the kouniglos will strip a humanoid down to the bone in a mere matter of minutes. This is why these vicious eating machines became known as nommy rabbits.

Senmuils
Threat: High

The senmuils are distant cousins of the skunk and look very much like them without the blanket of flowers that they camouflage themselves under. They are very timid and gentle creatures but by no means helpless. The cowardly senmuils are among the most feared little critters in the land because they will spray a perceived threat with a strong smelling liquid that spells certain doom for the target. While the liquid in its normal state has no smell, when exposed to air for more than a minute its scent intensifies to the point that it can be smelt from kilometers away. This scent is said to be absolutely irresistible to predators and actually trigger their instincts to hunt, meaning that even disciplined predators can become overwhelmed by the mouthwatering aroma. It won't be long before small predators and giant predators alike will be closing in, looking for the source of the appetizing smell. When a member of a exploration team is sprayed by a senmuil, the team will find themselves having to make a difficult decision concerning the sprayed person.

Last edited by gt500x on Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
walkingbyself
Great warrior
Great warrior
walkingbyself

PostSubject: Re: My post-rapture, left behind ideas    My post-rapture, left behind ideas  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 10:44 am

I like those Kouniglos remind me of Monty Python and the holy grail. And the "beast" at the end which decimates them. Razz Indeed never allow its cute looks to fool you and remember to keep a holy hand grenade with you at all times around these things! ahaha Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://walkingbyself.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My post-rapture, left behind ideas    My post-rapture, left behind ideas  - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My post-rapture, left behind ideas
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next