Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

In Negav

Go down 
+13
asaenvolk
Black Aquila
Goldclaw
Tuc135
Shady Knight
Anime-Junkie
mikeimp
CauldronBorn24
Darkstorm Zero
sparkythechu
Reptillian
The Joker
Jætte_Troll
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
sparkythechu
Survivor
Survivor
sparkythechu

In Negav - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Negav   In Negav - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 7:20 am

Nagi had spent around 20 minutes looking for a type of sword polish and had finally found it. After carefully cleaning his sword, he walked back towards the home he had left the card in, cursing himself for having forgot his manners.

"I really should have left a gift. CV and him kept trying to tell me that people don't like it when someone goes into their house without asking," Nagi thought. "But, that's why I got this," he said aloud to himself, tossing a large but poorly wrapped present into the air and catching it. Inside, he had purchased a book called "Strange Intent Behind Strange Action" and a small jar filled with a drink to increase someone's healing rate that he had made himself. It tasted lousy but the effects made it worth it. He had also put in a weird shiny light blue and red stone he had found on top of a nearby mountain that he guessed would be worth at least something.

He stopped for a second in front of the house, checking if anyone was home. After a brief moment, he guessed that there was at least one person home, if not two. He walked up the stairs and knocked on the door, stepped back, and held out the present.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/BoltAscendent
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

In Negav - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Negav   In Negav - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 8:31 am

Samiel tensed, hearing the knocking. He sniffed the air. It was that same jerk from before. Of course, now that he knew there was no reward, he wasn't really interested in the guy at all.

On the other hand, he had broken into his place. That had more than mildly annoyed him.

"It's that vandal guy again..." he whispered to Horamus.

He moved to the door and flung it open, drawing his gun and pointing it in the face of whoever was outside.
Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
sparkythechu
Survivor
Survivor
sparkythechu

In Negav - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Negav   In Negav - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 8:36 am

Nagi looked at the gun for a second. "Nice gun. I don't use them myself. I wanted to give you this," he said, holding out his present. "Mind if I come in?"
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

In Negav - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Negav   In Negav - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 11:54 am

"Yeah. I mind if you come in." replied Samiel. "Anyways, you've already been in once today, haven't you? And what is that?"

He gestured towards the package Nagi held.

"Don't try anything funny." he warned.
Back to top Go down
sparkythechu
Survivor
Survivor
sparkythechu

In Negav - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Negav   In Negav - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 2:15 pm

"This?" Nagi replied. "This is a present. It's part of my culture to give you one, as an apology for breaking in earlier. It's my way of saying sorry." Nagi held it back up. "Take it. I'm not the type of low-life scum to try something with a gesture of good will."
Back to top Go down
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime
Clown Prince of Crime
The Joker

In Negav - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Negav   In Negav - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 2:27 am

Horamus, in the meantime, wasn't exactly sure what to think of all of this. He had initially been fascinated by the underground that he and Samiel had traversed, and would've told the vampire as much before he had kicked down the door and pulled out his gun, startling the neko as he stayed outside for the moment, not sure if someone had broken in to try and kill the vampire or not. They weren't exactly people's favorite species, after all, and it wouldn't have surprised the neko in the least if someone would've attempted to get rid of him.

When he saw the vampire pull out his phone, he figured that it was safe enough to go inside, closing the door behind him as he went into the vampire's home, setting down his books as he did so. He had just picked up the scent of someone other than Samiel's in his home, which he assumed was what caused the vampire to believe that someone was inside, when there was a knock at the door, noting the irritation in his voice when he opened the door, recognizing the sword-wielding person from before. The neko wasn't sure of what to make of the conversation, and he had never been one to interrupt, so he merely stayed silent as the two talked, leaning against the wall and resuming where he was in the book he had been reading earlier..
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

In Negav - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Negav   In Negav - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 12:07 am

Samiel eyed the gifts warily. Maybe this guy was crazy enough to be serious.

"So... what did you bring?" he asks, setting the package down on the table, letting Nagi sit down on his couch while still keeping his weapon on hand, if needed.

Back to top Go down
sparkythechu
Survivor
Survivor
sparkythechu

In Negav - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Negav   In Negav - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 7:10 am

Nagi toke a drink before speaking. "Well, I got you a book I used read. Sadly it's the third edition, but it's still a good read. I also made you a drink. I tastes terrible, but if you can keep it down, it multiplies your healing rate for 50 hours. I also threw in a shiny light blue and red gem. I figured, hell, it's got to be worth something since I saw someone trade some of the same type rock for a house. But I don't need it and CV doesn't need it so you can have it," Nagi explained.
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

In Negav - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Negav   In Negav - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 4:05 pm

Samiel decided that Nagi probably wasn't overly dangerous - just retarded. Anyone who just gave away Ascarlin as a gift was likely a few trees short of a forest.

"Well, my neko friend here would probably want a look at the book." He said. "And I'll... gladly take the rest. So what's your deal? Why did you break into my place?"

Back to top Go down
sparkythechu
Survivor
Survivor
sparkythechu

In Negav - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Negav   In Negav - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 7:15 am

"Well, I wanted to give you back your card. I figured you might want it, so I asked CV where I could find your house. I was going to bring it to you, but you weren't home, so I came in. I didn't think it would be a good idea to leave it outside, and I didn't, and still don't, trust that guy out there." Nagi gestured in the direction of the guy at the front desk. Nagi continued, "But because it's normal for people from my world to enter someone's house when they're not home since we have little to no crime, I forgot most worlds aren't like that. So I got you gifts that would be a good bit better than normal. I figured the rock would be worth quite a bit , and since I don't really care about money, I figured I would give it to you. I only really need enough money to buy food and stuff like that." Nagi took a drink again. He sighed and reached behind his back and pulled out a small object. He pulled out one side which revealed several metal wires running from one end of the device to the other. He slid his right hand across the wires and turned towards his host and asked, "Mind if I play a bit?"
Back to top Go down
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime
Clown Prince of Crime
The Joker

In Negav - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Negav   In Negav - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 2:43 am

Horamus' ears flicked when he heard something about a book, looking up from his book at the one that the strange fellow had given Samiel with interest for a moment before focusing on Nagi, listening to what he had to say. From what he heard, he didn't seem like so much of a bad person, which was always pleasant in a place like Negav, even if he was a bit strange. After a bit, the neko went back into his book again, leaving the two to their conversation.
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

In Negav - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Negav   In Negav - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 10:33 am

"Er... okay." replied Samiel, passing the book over to Horamus. "Here, you can take this."

"You can stay for a while." says Samiel, going to his kitchen to pour drinks. "But you have warrants out for you on vandalism, trespassing on civic property and fleeing from an officer of the law. No offense, but if you do get caught in my house I'll get burned just as badly."

Back to top Go down
sparkythechu
Survivor
Survivor
sparkythechu

In Negav - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Negav   In Negav - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 11:38 am

"Eh, I've delt with worse. I've set up quite a few "sensors" throughout these tunnels. I can tell when they get close, my non-human friend," Nagi stated, strumming a few notes out. "It's a little off tune," he muttered, turning several nobs. He played a few more notes before saying, "Perfect." He gave a somewhat disturbing smile, revealing one sharp tooth on one side, before running his hand over the strings again.

The next notes he played were a good bit louder, about as loud as a radio you could hear in another room. He quickly strummed out a quick melody, its fast rhythem had a hard metallic tone to clash with its almost haunting mood. Nagi closed his eyes as he played, his fingers quickly moving up and down the instrument. As quickly as he started, he finished. After a quick drink, he slid his hands over the strings and played a much quieter and slower song in the background. "I gotta say, you've got a nice place here. My place with CV is quite a bit smaller. You've done a lot with a little," Nagi said, tossing a book two inches in front of the Neko and giving that same smile which revealed that weird, almost feral, tooth.
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

In Negav - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Negav   In Negav - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 9:07 pm

Samiel sighed. "Sensors? Do you intend to go to war with all the authorities? I think that counts as illegal hardware, especially if being used for the purpose of evading officials."

"Yeah... apartments down here are cheap. It's not that I don't have money, so I spent what I could on making it look nice. I just prefer living underground. No sunlight."

He poured some more drinks.

"So, Horamus, where do you live? Middle Tier I'd guess, right? Anywhere particularly interesting."
Back to top Go down
sparkythechu
Survivor
Survivor
sparkythechu

In Negav - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Negav   In Negav - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 7:19 am

"Well, it's more like a remote magic sensor that informs me of whenever someone passes. Think of it like a self-supporting construct of magic that can't be detected. I grid the area I live in with them. Old habit," Nagi explained, as he continued to play quietly. "And I have something to get me out of trouble for destroying that bar, which was not even high quality stone and was worth maybe 50 skevols," Nagi said, placing a stack of papers on the table. "Contract. Always read the fine print."

"I would also like to know where you live, uh, Horamus, was it? I might want to visit you sometime. I have a lot of books you could read, and talking to people I like calms me down," Nagi explained, looking like he was excited to have found a potential new friend.
Back to top Go down
CauldronBorn24
Loremaster
CauldronBorn24

In Negav - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Negav   In Negav - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 12:25 pm

"Anything on him?"

"No only basic details, nothing incriminating as of yet, we are still checking both the public and NMRBC data bases using the auido and optical referance files you provided us with, but to behonest that isn't a quick process."

"How long?"

"Another couple of hours or so for a thorough search and posative match up, remember this does include all security recordings; so if anything we will have a compliation of his movements within the city."

"Indeed, however this will all be for nothing if he didn't want to be seen or any activity was restricted to the Lower Tier, extend the search to all linked private recordings, that will give us a better chance."

"Will do Sargent."

Hue peeled off the sleek metal headset of his magiocom before placing it on the reciver; he wanted to act out his plan upon reporting back to the Block, however the rules of engagment had changed much to his disgust and now he was sat waiting in his office. The fellow Investigator he had been speaking to was a member of the Intelligence Division but acted closely with the Public Security Division. Her job as part of Intelligence Analysis was to oversee the vast quantities of data that streamed directly form security recording devices in Negav; reporting anything of value to her own superiors in the Intelligense Division as well as to both Site and Public Security Divisions.

"I need evidence inorder for Company Command to give me clearence..." Hue muttered to himself as he glanced at the rifle with lent idely against his dull marble wall. He had only been given a name, Nagi, and a vague description of his abilities and general appearence. There was a documentation of something fitting Nagi's description having a run in with the Negav Police and freaquent referances to the owner of the Shooting Starbolt Bar and Inn known as CV. However as the Negav Police had yet to confirm it was Nagi, Company Command would not allow it to stand as evidence, nor would his report about the inncodent at the Neko's Tail allow for clearence for what Hue had planned. Suddenly there was a high piched ring form the magiocom, rather than thumble with the headset he immeditaly hit the speaker button.

"Sargent Hue Loche."

"Sargent, this is Inspector Malicat form Communications Monitoring, I've found a match to that audio file you submited from an active transmission from one of our bugs; oddely enough it is the one monitoring our mutual freind Shadow Arrow."

"Indeed, that is unexpected."

"Yes; seems they have been having quite the civil conversation."

"Anything incriminating?"

"Well, like you I still go by MSD rules, I have taken the liberty of submiting a recording and a link to the active transmission to Public Security Company Command, see what they think. Based on what I have heard they should give you clearance. I'll also send you a copy of the recording through the magicom."

"Thank you Inspector."

"Not a problem; good hunting."

Hue smiled at the anticipation of bringing Nagi down, having finished his conversation with Malicat he set up the magicom to listen to the recording.
Recording:

Hue knew having Malicat transfer the recording directly would add some weight to his agurment for obtaining clearence, afterall he was an Inspector as well as being incharge of the Communications Monitoring sub division of the Intelligence Division. The sargent eyed the rifle again before stopping the recording.
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

In Negav - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Negav   In Negav - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 12:59 pm

Samiel was appreciating the chance to break out some of his more valuable drinks for company. But when he went back to get his favourite, some Gizerbrew, he found the tiny bottle it was in was empty. He hadn't remembered finishing it all. Then again... that's probably why he didn't remember.

"Say, its late, but I have to do some shopping." he said. "Shopping district will be closed down but the Lower Market has places that operate all night. I'll be back. Anyone want anything in particular?"
Back to top Go down
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime
Clown Prince of Crime
The Joker

In Negav - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Negav   In Negav - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 7:25 pm

"Oh, thank you, both!" Horamus said with a smile, placing the books that he had received from the two beside where his normal pile of books was, sitting beside Nagi and grabbing one of the drinks that Samiel had poured, taking a sip as he replied, "Well, yes, I do. Edge of the tier, actually. Makes it easier when I have to open up my store in the lower one. Sometimes I like to go to the Venmys-Pieaug Library to pick up a book or two, usually read it in the gardens around that Shining Star Sanctum. Very nice place to relax."

After finishing his drink, he set his glass down, looking at Nagi and replying to his question with, "Well, sure! You seem nice enough! One can never have too many friends after all." When Samiel asked if he wanted anything, he thought for a moment and asked, "Well, is there any chance you could get some fruit?"

Last edited by The Joker on Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sparkythechu
Survivor
Survivor
sparkythechu

In Negav - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Negav   In Negav - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 7:43 am

Nagi thought about Horamus's answer. He tried to put it in his mental map and, after a few seconds, figured out where to put it. Satisfied, he looked at the drink in front of him.

It didn't look like it would harm him, and besides, his host was better than that. He carefully dipped one finger into the drink and tasted it. Nagi immediatly got a look on his face of dislike and pushed the drink back. "Sorry, but I can't drink it," he told Samiel. "I appreciate the gesture, I really do, but anything alcoholic makes me really sick. If you've got some juice or something I'll take some. If not, could you go by the Shooting StarBolt bar and inn and get CV to give you one of my drinks? Just tell him Nagi sent you to Falling Night and he'll know what you mean. He won't charge you, so don't worry. It's near the East gate out of Negav and there's an entrance to the underground out of the basement. CV also sells drinks underground as well. Ask someone where it is if you can't find it. Everyone there knows how to find it," Nagi explained to Samiel, scratching Horamus's ear. "Sorry, you just remind me too much of a cat," he appoligized.

"Oh yeah, I have to ask, do you forgive me for coming in earlier and give me retro-active permission? It's to keep us both out of trouble, me for coming in, you for letting me come back," Nagi asked with the air of one who knew the tricks of complex law inside and out. "Loopholes in the law are so nice to know."

Last edited by sparkythechu on Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

In Negav - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Negav   In Negav - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 1:56 pm

(OOC: Ah, Samiel isn't going to be leaving the underground. He's only going to the Lower Market)
Back to top Go down
sparkythechu
Survivor
Survivor
sparkythechu

In Negav - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Negav   In Negav - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 10:21 am

Nagi turned towards a spot on a wall. "You know what's funny?" he asked the wall. "Those sensors are actually completely legal. Not a single damn thing with them is illegal. Also, it's highly illegal to record people without any reason, and it isn't illegal to dispose of said recording equipment," Nagi said to the spot, holding up two fingers and sending a small electric discharge towards it. The small ball hit the spot and smoke came out of the wall. Nagi turned towards Samiel and smiled. "Got rid of that little bug. Neither you nor me can get in trouble for that. Negav's laws can be used to your advantage if you know how to use them," Nagi explained, finishing off the drink CV gave him.

"Damn, I'm out," he said, holding up the flask and looking in it. "Eh, if you're not going topside, could you get me some more juice? I don't mind Dragonapple juice, if you could get some," he said, tossing a bit of money to his host.
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

In Negav - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Negav   In Negav - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 12:41 pm

Samiel made a hurried exit, before facepalming out in the corridor.

He had, of course, known about the bugs and he assumed that the ISD knew about his own ones. But it was considered polite not to mess with others intelligence equipment if you were even tentatively on the "same side". That's why he never did anything sketchy at home - he assumed they kept that particular bug off most of the time.

But Nagi was rapidly escalating the situation with the authorities. He was obviously someone who didn't understand how Negav really worked.

He sighed and made his way towards the dim lighting of the Lower Market. Most shops here were still open, pale lights shining out into the main, long hallway. He started to meander down its length, looking around, generally heading towards his favoured liquor and drinks store.
Back to top Go down
sparkythechu
Survivor
Survivor
sparkythechu

In Negav - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Negav   In Negav - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 8:02 pm

Nagi sighed. He quickly became irritable without anything to calm him down, such as the drink CV had given him. His dislike of police was growing with every trick they pulled. He hated the way they did things here in Negav, even though he had simi-close relations with them on a regular basis. He tossed the small bag into the air and caught it. After he opened it, he took out a small badge of a strange shape. He looked at the red and black badge and chuckled. He placed it back into the bag and put the bag back into his pocket.

"So, Horamus, life been treating you good?" he asked, having scratched his ear again. "Sorry, you just remind me too much of a cat. I hope Katena hasn't been causing CV any trouble," Nagi said absent mindedly.
Back to top Go down
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime
Clown Prince of Crime
The Joker

In Negav - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Negav   In Negav - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 1:03 pm

Horamus chuckled a little at Nagi's apology when he scratched his ear, waving it off with a smile as he said, "No, it's alright. I'm used to it by now." He took a sip of his drink, replying to Nagi's question with, "Anyway, life's been treating me fairly well. My exotic fruit store's been fairly popular in the Lower Tier, so I'm happy for that. Also been putting some money away if I ever decide to explore Felarya and need to buy certain items to be prepared or something like that. How's about you?"
Back to top Go down
sparkythechu
Survivor
Survivor
sparkythechu

In Negav - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Negav   In Negav - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 7:54 am

"I guess you could say I'm doing all right. I'm on probation again in my job. I'm in good health, but the police here annoy me. They seem to be out to get me, since they keep trying to catch me doing something illegal, so it's a good thing I took the time to learn all the laws here," Nagi explained. "I've been craving a good fight lately, it's my favorite thing to do after-all. Did you know that there's a section of the underground that people say is cursed and no one will go there? All because a strange symbol appeared and it is impossible to get rid of it. You can't break it, you can't cover it because it appears on whatever you cover it with, you can't paint over it, you can't even cut it out because it appears on the new spot. It does make for a good training groud, though. Everyday the whole room reforms. I'll take you there sometime, if you want," Nagi offered as he scratced Horamus's ear. "One day, you should also visit Shooting StarBolt. Come and say hey, meet CV and Katena, try a drink, you know."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

In Negav - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Negav   In Negav - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In Negav
Page 3 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next