Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ilceren's Characters

Go down 
+4
Nyaha
Feadraug
Anime-Junkie
Ilceren
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Ilceren
Ilceren

Ilceren's Characters Empty
PostSubject: Ilceren's Characters   Ilceren's Characters Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 8:46 pm

Well, it was about time that I put up something. There must be a lot of room for improvement so, by all means, please say your thoughts.

From the start, this one post will be just an index of my characters, tagged with "temporal", "incomplete" or "complete" depending on their actual state.
There is also a system I use to categorize the hair length, via a tag between parentheses added to the hair colour category, so you can get an idea of how long it is. The categories are as follows:

[Hair sizes]
N -> VS -> S -> M -> L -> VL -> E
None, (very) short, medium, (very) long, extreme

-Scale (in females)-
None: Shaved/bald head.
Very short: A few inches of hair, not enough to hang down.
Short: Probably enough to cover the ears, must not reach the middle of the neck.
Medium: Shoulder-length, maybe a bit shorter or longer.
Long: Halfway or down to the end of the shoulder blades.
Very long: Down to bellybutton-height.
Extreme: Anything past that.

The scale for males' hair is missing the "very short" category and all the other ranges are downgraded one length category compared to females. An M for males would be equivalent of an S for females.

[Character index]
Eiti and Itei - Giants - Complete
Copyneko - Human-sized - Complete
Elçim Çadormoç - Human-sized - Complete
Sira - Giant - Complete

Last edited by Ilceren on Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:40 am; edited 15 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ilceren
Ilceren

PostSubject: Re: Ilceren's Characters   Ilceren's Characters Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 8:47 pm

Name: Eiti and Itei
Species: Dryad
Sex: Female
Height: 129 feet - 39.5 metres
Mobility: Fixed
Skin colour: White
Hair colour: (VL) Silver, with occasional white vines.
Eye colour: Red
Other characteristics: Dense canopy growing above their heads
Predation: Specialized
Food category: 3-20 feet. Prefers: Humans or Nekos.
Clothing preference: Nude.

Eiti and Itei are Dryads of the half tree variety. They are twins, and as such, share a common trunk that splits and gives way to their human halves. Their heads are crowned with two dense canopies of white coloured leaves albeit with a slight reddish tinge in the upper side. This abundance of white in their pigments relates to the fact that they are offspring of a rare Holy Oak, which makes them naturally stand out in their surroundings. However, they use this to their advantage; once they spot a human-sized convoy, they put their well-practised camouflage skills at work and keep still. In some occasions, one such convoy would not part and instead choose to settle at their base, hoping to take advantage of the benefits a Holy Oak can give them. During the next few months, Eiti and Itei monitor the development of the new settlement, knowing each and every inhabitant and only feeding on those outsiders that are about to get there during the night by stealthily using their vines. If the need is high, they may even make two or four townsfolk disappear, but no more than that to avoid arising suspicion. Once they deem the amount of people is right, at night, they start a feast. When the morning sun arises, children wake up to an empty settlement with no sign of adults or the enormous white tree that seemed to protect the town.

The feast is an event known throughout the Dryad network, although not very frequent, as the taste and sensations of a good number of preys are transmitted through it. The twins make sure to hide the fact that they've seen the settlement develop, since they fear what other predators would think of them. Generally, it's thought that the twins uproot from time to time and search for these towns when there has been a shortage in food, but some see it strange that they leave the children alive, with a few even regarding Eiti and Itei as plain evil.

The origin of these feasts stems from the day of their awakening. During the growing stage when Dryads are not different from normal trees, a settlement developed at their base. Once they awakened and connected to the Dryad network, they were encouraged to start eating and not to let pass the big opportunity they had at their feet, and so they did. They later learned from the other Dryads that humans settling at their base was due to the tree they looked like and so started to attract them in such a way.

The feast would give a creepy feeling to anyone who saw it, thinking that the twins are some kind of fiend. That may be true for human-sized creatures, because Eiti and Itei are incapable of relating themselves to those little creatures they feed on. Much like a farmer with his cows, the twins look after the well-being of the town until it's time. On the other hand, where sentient beings of their size are concerned, they have a very cheerful and easy-going personality, even childish in some ways, that makes them get along well with most predators. They hate Dridders with a passion, though, and would use their camouflage whenever they see or sense one near. Eiti and Itei also tend to have remarkably good relationships with harpies, thinking that their way of talking is funny and speaking it decently as well.

The twins are very united, having known each other from the very first instant, and would play noisily with each other to pass time until their well-developed predator sense warns them that prey is near. This has led to some creepy stories about laughs of children in the middle of the jungle that would cease whenever you approached their source. Once you get to know them, you'd notice the typical carefree-responsible duality, Itei being the former and Eiti the latter. Eiti and Itei also have the habit of sharing their food when there are no eyes around and they have disconnected from the network - sharing as in actually splitting the poor prey in two in their mouths when they have them linked.

Eiti and Itei are known to bear fruit even if they haven't been pollinized. The resulting acorn will obviously not be able to sprout, but will carry the same properties as any normal Holy Oak, with a reduced effect. They are very precious to Eiti and Itei, so they would only give one to close friends or occasionally to children they find interesting. The rest would be carefully gathered and, lacking any suitable container, eaten to get the nutrients back. The twins seem to be able to control the falling of these acorns to some extent, as they wouldn't let them drop when there's a human settlement at their base.  Eiti and Itei haven't shared their bonds yet, but as they say themselves, if they weren't connected already, they would have shared their bond with each other. Basically meaning that it's close to impossible to get them to share one of their bonds with you.

Credit to Icalasari for the Holy Oak.

Last edited by Ilceren on Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:24 am; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Ilceren's Characters   Ilceren's Characters Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 3:39 am

Your character is a psychopath.
If this was your intention, then well done; It's good to see a break from the norm.
If it was not, then you need to review what you've made here.

Psychopaths have a lack of empathy and remorse, and have very shallow emotions.

Eiti and Itei repeatedly live among settlements for long periods of time, carefully observe them and then remorselessly kill pretty much everyone.
Their failure to feel any empathy or sympathy for these people indicates to me that they lack empathy.
Finally, you stated they seem cheerful and childish, which reinforces the fact that they have no remorse and lack emotional depth.

Other predators aren't psychopathic because their only interaction with their prey is mealtime. unlike Eiti and Itei, the average predator is not constantly exposed to the lives and intimate details of their prey.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Ilceren
Ilceren

PostSubject: Re: Ilceren's Characters   Ilceren's Characters Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 4:22 am

Anime-Junkie wrote:
Your character is a psychopath.
If this was your intention, then well done; It's good to see a break from the norm.
If it was not, then you need to review what you've made here.

Psychopaths have a lack of empathy and remorse, and have very shallow emotions.

Eiti and Itei repeatedly live among settlements for long periods of time, carefully observe them and then remorselessly kill pretty much everyone.
Their failure to feel any empathy or sympathy for these people indicates to me that they lack empathy.
Finally, you stated they seem cheerful and childish, which reinforces the fact that they have no remorse and lack emotional depth.

Other predators aren't psychopathic because their only interaction with their prey is mealtime. unlike Eiti and Itei, the average predator is not constantly exposed to the lives and intimate details of their prey.
If you put it thay way, yes, they are. They are unable to relate to such little creatures, even when it is just a scale-down from their own relationship with other predators. They don't know every little intimate detail of their prey, though. They can't, or rather don't care to, know what happens inside the buildings. Just watching the streets is enough to get to know how many people there are and when there won't be anyone away from town.

A bit less sly, but still psycopathic, I know.
Back to top Go down
Feadraug
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Feadraug

Location : The Forest of Whispers, along with Kyria and Seelvee

PostSubject: Re: Ilceren's Characters   Ilceren's Characters Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 4:31 am

Psycopath twin dryads? The concept is interesting, and so is the fact they come from a Holy Oak, giving them this albino appearance

However, there's something I'd like to comment...

Ilceren wrote:
The feast is an event known throughout the Dryad network and very celebrated

I recommend you should be very careful with generalizations. You can't just talk about a couple of psycopath twins acting this way and dryads in the network coming in general . At least, that how it is described, right?

I also have a question: did they learn to act this way from someone else or is this something they made up by themselves? Taking in account dryads communicate through their network, it is possible they might have learned this from a psycopath dryad - there can be another one, right? - and just 'listened' to her, not knowing the difference between concepts like good and evil as they might have been fascinated by this dryad's behavior, ignoring others'.

So yes: they're psycopaths. They study the behavior of the settlements, they selectively pick people until they feast... and they leave the children alone. Children alone in Felarya is the same as infanticide.

The idea is good, just the way it is worded, it makes this look like something normal, when it isn't.
Back to top Go down
http://paridas.carlosbg.es
Ilceren
Ilceren

PostSubject: Re: Ilceren's Characters   Ilceren's Characters Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 4:36 am

Feadraug wrote:
Ilceren wrote:

I recommend you should be very careful with generalizations. You can't just talk about a couple of psycopath twins acting this way and dryads in the network coming in general . At least, that how it is described, right?
Um, I intended to say that the twins feast and the taste and sensations are transmitted to the network, not that other Dryads actually come to feast. Should I word it a bit better?

Feadraug wrote:
I also have a question: did they learn to act this way from someone else or is this something they made up by themselves? Taking in account dryads communicate through their network, it is possible they might have learned this from a psycopath dryad - there can be another one, right? - and just 'listened' to her, not knowing the difference between concepts like good and evil as they might have been fascinated by this dryad's behavior, ignoring others'.
They learned it themselves. After the growing stage when Dryads are not different from normal trees, a settlement developed at their base. Once they awakened and connected to the Dryad network, they were encouraged to start eating (even a non-psycopath Dryad would take advantage of a town at its feet, right?) and so they did. They learned that humans settling at their base was due to the tree they looked like and so started to attract them in such a way.
Back to top Go down
Feadraug
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Feadraug

Location : The Forest of Whispers, along with Kyria and Seelvee

PostSubject: Re: Ilceren's Characters   Ilceren's Characters Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 4:49 am

Ilceren wrote:
Feadraug wrote:
Ilceren wrote:

Um, I intended to say that the twins feast and the taste and sensations are transmitted to the network, not that other Dryads actually come to feast. Should I word it a bit better?

In this case, yes. You have to make sure that what the twins are sharing are these sensations while they keep the feast tiself hidden from other dryads. Otherwise... well, you see how I reacted. ;P

Ilceren wrote:
Feadraug wrote:
They learned it themselves. After the growing stage when Dryads are not different from normal trees, a settlement developed at their base. Once they awakened and connected to the Dryad network, they were encouraged to start eating (even a non-psycopath Dryad would take advantage of a town at its feet, right?) and so they did. They learned that humans settling at their base was due to the tree they looked like and so started to attract them in such a way.

Fine then. Be sure to add this as part of their bio. This way, you get an explanation on why they do this, how they began... you know, giving another reason for who they are and why the do what they do.

And yes, dryads, when in need, will reach for whover is at their base/roots, since they can eat and all. What I was talking about was the hunting habits of the twins, watching the settlement and all. Other dryads would just go for the humans in the right moment, not waiting for weeks or even months until the rampage... but since you say they had the initiative with this, no other dryads would have influenced them in their watching, just in "tinies are food too".
Back to top Go down
http://paridas.carlosbg.es
Ilceren
Ilceren

PostSubject: Re: Ilceren's Characters   Ilceren's Characters Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 4:55 am

Feadraug wrote:
In this case, yes. You have to make sure that what the twins are sharing are these sensations while they keep the feast tiself hidden from other dryads. Otherwise... well, you see how I reacted. ;P
Feadraug wrote:
Fine then. Be sure to add this as part of their bio. This way, you get an explanation on why they do this, how they began... you know, giving another reason for who they are and why the do what they do.
Will do, thanks.

And sorry for the invisible quotes XD
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Ilceren's Characters   Ilceren's Characters Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 7:46 am

Wow. ^_^ I've been waiting to see what you'd come up with and as I thought, you are very creative! Heehee, seeing this level of work from someone who just recently joined the forum is very hope-inspiring, and I'm sure many others would agree! I'm sorry that I don't have anything to offer but my mediocre praise, but that's just how it is. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

PostSubject: Re: Ilceren's Characters   Ilceren's Characters Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 8:35 pm

I agree!
Back to top Go down
http://helia.net63.net
Ilceren
Ilceren

PostSubject: Re: Ilceren's Characters   Ilceren's Characters Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 2:57 pm

This one is kind of a bet. Seems a bit overpower, but I'll rely on you to decide that.

I had Amaroq draw a ref sheet of her, which I'll include below. Contains nudity. Demi-chimeran nudity. You've been warned =P

Spoiler:

Name: Copyneko [Aimi].
Species: Demi-chimera.
Base humanoid: Neko.
Special traits: Scales on face, chest, top of the arms, breasts and sides of the hip; gills; slightly reptilian tongue; secondary set of breasts; tertiary and quaternary sets of nipples; tail flattened at the end.
Sex: Female.
Height: 5 feet, 8 inches (1.73 metres).
Hair: (L) Light brown, with white highlights.
Eyes: Ruby.
Predation: Safe.
Clothing preference: Dressed.

At first sight, this curious character appears to be a Neko, however, upon closer inspection, you'd notice that those brownish, orange or yellow things covering some parts of her face and arms are scales, not fur. Also, she seems to have a suspicious bulge under each of her breasts, and her tail flattens and widens strangely a bit towards the end. Besides those visually noticeable characteristics, she sports some other non-Neko traits, like the exit of a gill system just beneath her armpits, and a cat tongue that turns smooth and forked near the tip.

Copyneko is, in fact, a human-sized Demi-chimera. This realization normally results in confusion and fear, and people tend to avoid her because of the infamous powers of her race. His could prove annoying, but she doesn't show that she's affected by it. As all Demi-chimeras, Copyneko doesn't talk. The communication would normally be telepathic, but she wouldn't even communicate that way, and her interactions with other people are what have earned her that name.

Whenever she's addressed, she'd just repeat whatever was said. If the person insists, then Copyneko will also imitate the person's movements, gestures and accent. Breaking her telepathic silence to talk, these are the only moments she can actually communicate, though people not normally understand, at least consciously. The reason is simple, Copyneko cannot alter the words she says, but she will alter the tone slightly to indicate her basic feelings; anger, annoyance, joy, willingness... and she would accompany it with a faint, hard to notice body gesture.

The reason for these imitations is unknown, and she probably doesn't know herself. In her earliest memory, she was already alone. She didn't know her parents, what happened to them and didn't even recognize where she was. She also had the impulse of imitating the people around her whenever she met anyone, whether it was tiny, human or giant-sized. Not being able to say even her name, word started to spread. Of a strange copycat that would never talk, of a monster that for a Neko could pass. Copyneko is what to her they call, and she answers diligently to that.

Her personality is as much of a mystery as her objectives. People that would play pranks on her soon found out it wasn't that good for their health, while those that could actually get the feeling of what she wanted to tell say that she is kind-hearted and would really like to make friends. She has been known to protect the party she's in when they got attacked, making a good spectacle at that, so that last part about making friends could be true. However, she's also known to join and ditch groups of adventurers randomly, as if she was looking for something.

As it has been said, Copyneko would imitate every movement or action of the creature who's attention she has. She would obviously not be able to imitate, for example, a mage casting a spell or a giant predator trying to swallow her, so, for that matter, she has a small trick. Copyneko is a great user of illusion magic, and can give form almost perfectly to whatever she thinks about. Using this skill, she can recreate a fireball being launched or she herself trying to gobble up the giant predator, surprising him. It's obviously just an illusion, so she has to actually deal with the spell that was launched or the predator's mouth if it wasn't taken aback. This is done in the precise instant with the luck-shifting ability common for all Demi-chimeras, making the spell disperse the exact moment it clashes with the illusionary spell or just avoiding the predator by a hair's breadth. The resulting scene for the onlookers would be one just as expected of Copyneko, where she copies every single movement of the other party, even becoming giant at times.

The luck-shifting ability she has isn't all-powerful though, so Copyneko prefers not to use it if it isn't totally necessary. This is because the more it is used, the less precise it becomes. The process could be described as "betting your luck to change the target's luck" and although it is done instantly, it can be very draining. What comes after using this skill would be seen as some kind of "luck gathering", feeding on the decisions of the creatures in her surroundings to fine-tune her luck-shifting. For reference, after using her race's infamous "bad luck curse" (not a curse, really) on someone, she'd have to spend around six hours tuning her ability on average. Needless to say, the more creatures she has around or the higher risk the decision is, the sooner her ability will be back to normal.

Last edited by Ilceren on Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:17 am; edited 14 times in total
Back to top Go down
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

PostSubject: Re: Ilceren's Characters   Ilceren's Characters Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 5:05 pm

Sounds rather like Echo from Greek mythology. I like it.
Back to top Go down
Ilceren
Ilceren

PostSubject: Re: Ilceren's Characters   Ilceren's Characters Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 4:30 am

Okay, added a few details on the twins so her bio doesn't just consist of how they catch prey but also their relationship with other predators and some other minor things. Suggested by Stabs, thanks a lot man.

Also, I found a way to nerf a bit Copyneko's power. The last paragraph talks about it, nothing else of her bio has changed. I'll ask Karbo about it, though, since in the Demi-chimera entry on the wiki the luck-shifting thing doesn't seem to have a downside.
Back to top Go down
brothejr
Naga food
brothejr

PostSubject: Re: Ilceren's Characters   Ilceren's Characters Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 4:46 am

I can't believe i hadn't noticed this before. Those dryad twins have got to be one of the more creative character(s) around.

The one question I have: I'm not sure if you mentioned this in the description or not is how individual the twins are? I mean are they essentially two separate trees/dryads that are only connected at their very base/feet? How much do they share with each other. (I'm trying to get a mental picture of them compared to other dryads.

I'm also intrigued by Copyneko. Very interesting.
Back to top Go down
http://brothejr.deviantart.com/
Ilceren
Ilceren

PostSubject: Re: Ilceren's Characters   Ilceren's Characters Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 5:00 am

brothejr wrote:
I can't believe i hadn't noticed this before. Those dryad twins have got to be one of the more creative character(s) around.

The one question I have: I'm not sure if you mentioned this in the description or not is how individual the twins are? I mean are they essentially two separate trees/dryads that are only connected at their very base/feet? How much do they share with each other. (I'm trying to get a mental picture of them compared to other dryads.

I'm also intrigued by Copyneko. Very interesting.
Oh, wow, thanks a lot =D

The twins are pretty much independent beings. They have their own arms and branches, and the only thing they share is the lower part of the trunk and the roots. In fact, they have to cooperate to be able to move whenever they uproot, since they seem to control half of the roots each. They have learned to do this naturally, though, because they use their Dryad link on the network to pass their thoughts to the other sister.
They have more or less the same knowledge due to said link, but as they have slightly different personalities, they also have different interests. Itei is the carefree one, so she would mostly leave the serious stuff to Eiti and ask the other Dryads more meaningless questions, such as, I dunno, "How does it feel having green skin?" or "Have you ever been under a waterfall? I bet it's nice~~~"
Fortunately, they get along well. It could be a disaster if they fought among themselves... And that gives me an idea...

Last edited by Ilceren on Sun May 20, 2012 5:33 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
eusuna
Helpless prey
eusuna

PostSubject: Re: Ilceren's Characters   Ilceren's Characters Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 5:12 am

Copyneko's physical appearance partly with the chimera part, made me think about, Zelgadis from slayers, despite her being a out of ordinary neko.

kinda like this character for being something unexpected.
Back to top Go down
Ilceren
Ilceren

PostSubject: Re: Ilceren's Characters   Ilceren's Characters Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 7:46 am

New character. This one took quite a bit to make, having to redo him over two times. I'd appreciate some critique on him.

Name: Elçim Çadormoç
Race: Human
Height: 6 feet, 4 inches (1.93m)
Weight: 143 pounds (65Kg)
Hair Colour: (S) Very dark brown, almost black
Eye Colour: Green, slightly dark, with some brown spots.
Clothing preference: Dressed.

Characteristics:
Elçim is a human that found himself into Felarya at a young age and was lucky to be adopted by an adventurer party. He went through many adventures and hardships, and eventually grew to be a fine, clear-minded man that knew how to survive in this world.

He has utmost belief in himself and his abilities, though he isn't a warrior or a mage, and this confidence is what makes him carry on even before great dangers. This stems from the time he spent in the Academy of Sentinels, where he learned to know himself and his limits.

In fact, that wasn't the only thing he got from his stay at the Academy. Just as it was rumoured, the teaching method awakened a psychic ability in him a few months after his fourth year, and he spent three more years there learning to use and control it, while further developing his self-knowledge.

This psychic ability makes him able to see "intention" as some kind of coloured mist around a sentient being, normally shapeless. With the correct interpretation and quick thinking, he is able to see his way through a conversation or to better predict when and where an enemy will attack. The ability may be powerful, but it still has its weak points. As it uses vision, it's useless against surprise attacks and is blocked by solid objects, even if they are transparent. Which means that blindfolding him will also render him unable to use it. On the other hand, it enables him to see invisible or camouflaged beings as long as they are within his vision.

Aside from that, Elçim is just a confident and knowledgeable human whose only proficiency is in stealth. Once caught, his only way to salvation is trying to talk the other party out of it. He also has a fairly good resistance to mind-based magic, due to his absolute self-knowledge.

Regarding personality, Elçim is introverted and unlikely to start a conversation. However, if he likes the first impression of the other person, he is polite enough to follow with the conversation once started. When you get to know him, he's very kind-hearted and would try to help however he can when he hears that something bothers you. On the other hand, he also tells you right away that he's no knight and he won't save you if you get caught by a giant predator, nor he expects it from you either.

He always wears the same overcoat, made of impermeable-looking dark green fibre and ridden with pockets of all sizes, even on the sleeves. It also has some kind of hollow reinforcement (think of a broad sword sheath) in the back that he uses to carry tools such as a hammer, an axe or a spade. This overcoat serves him both as a way to carry all the things he needs to, tying extra bags to the outside, and as a help when camouflaging in the jungle, as long as the surrounding plants are also green, of course.

Backstory:
Elçim is an off-worlder. He came to Felarya through a portal by his own will, if you can call that to a teen's whim. His original planet was a science-based one, with machines raging from those steam or hydric powered to prototypes of anti-gravity based ones. Accustomed to such an environment where the most trees you see together are those in a park, when he appeared in the middle of a jungle he had quite a shock, and an even greater one when he couldn't go back where he came from. With the help of the holobooks he liked to read and knew almost by heart, he managed to survive his first night. Well, that and the help of certain albino twins who took a liking to that 13-year-old weirdo that tried to do what Felaryan common sense dictated that it wasn't to be done at all costs.

On his second day he learned the absolute first rule of this world for him: Don't be seen. He was chased by a nasty critter for a while, but fortunately his screams for help motioned an adventurer party that saved him and took him in. Over the course of time, he was taught how to survive in Felarya and eventually became a full-fledged part of the group in less than three years, acting as a scout.

Elçim fit into the group quite well. After having seen Negav and Nekomura, he was sure he wished to stay with them. However, Felarya wasn't a world fit for wishes. Around six years after his arrival, the group's luck couldn't keep up with their activities. On an uneventful day with a dim sky and slightly hot weather, their senses were dulled. A slight rain prompted them to enter a cave where a succubus was, without taking the usual precautions, and only he lived because of a coincidence.

After that, he spent some time in one of the group's hidden huts, cursing this world. But he eventually made up his mind and carried on, his morals changing fast. In the end, he settled in the Motamo Docks, in part because he disliked Negav and also because he wanted to force himself to accept this world as it was, by living door to door with human-sized versions of the predators. As time passed, he found himself being more at ease with them than with other humans, finding their logic simpler and their characters more easy-going.

Elçim accepted any job and did mostly anything he could to get some money earned without going too far from the Isolon Eye; recollection, hunting, delivering messages, working as a scout, even spying or gathering equipment left behind by deceased adventurers. He met all kinds of people, both good and bad, and rejected jobs that were imposed onto him, gaining a few enemies.

His situation got worse and worse, he didn't know what to do anymore, nor who he was. Then he heard about a place, and headed there without a second of doubt. Leaving word he was to venture into the jungle to his neigbours, and trusting them with a good part of his savings so they could keep his home, Elçim left for the Academy of Sentinels, promising to return one day.

He managed to get to the Academy after a several weeks wandering about the Mist Ocean. Barely alive, but ultimately in one piece, his heated meeting with the person in charge made him be admitted almost at once. He spent seven years and a few months in there, and came out being a new person.

When he got back to the Motamo Docks, he was surprised to find his home still there, and still in his property much after the money he left would have run out. Only one of his neighbours kept her faith and believed he would be back some day, spending her own hard-earned money into the taxes to keep his home. Elçim became deeply indebted to her, both monetarily and mentally, and would instantly set himself to do whatever she asked him for, generally ingredients for her characteristic cuisine and her experiments.

Last edited by Ilceren on Wed May 13, 2015 1:53 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Ilceren's Characters   Ilceren's Characters Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 11:06 am

Sounds like another well-thought-out character from Ilceren to me. ^_^ There is one small thing that confuses me, though; when you say "It also has some kind of hollow reinforcement in the back", how should I imagine that? Like a backback built right into the coat?
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
Ilceren
Ilceren

PostSubject: Re: Ilceren's Characters   Ilceren's Characters Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 5:34 am

That reinforcement is like a hollow wood plank, thick enough for him to insert some tools inside. It's about 3/4 the breadth of his back so it doesn't hinder his arm movement, and goes up to the height of his shoulders, leaving his neck free too. Look at it like the reinforcement those hiking backpacks have, but attached to the overcoat instead of the pack. It's thin enough for him to carry a backpack, in fact, but he has so many pockets that he normally doesn't need to.

So, to envision it, it's an overcoat with lots of pockets and a wood plank stuck to the back (or more like built into it). All of it is dark green and it usually has brown bags of varying sizes tied to different parts of it so they don't hinder movement.

Also, thanks for reading ^^

Edit: As I was inquired about it later, here's a better explanation. Think about it as a pretty broad sword sheath, with a hole wide enough to fit a spade or an axe.

Last edited by Ilceren on Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:50 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

PostSubject: Re: Ilceren's Characters   Ilceren's Characters Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 3:16 pm

What's a backback?
Back to top Go down
Ilceren
Ilceren

PostSubject: Re: Ilceren's Characters   Ilceren's Characters Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 3:20 pm

parameciumkid wrote:
What's a backback?
Uh, such a silly mistake. Thanks for pointing it out.
Back to top Go down
Merku
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Merku

PostSubject: Re: Ilceren's Characters   Ilceren's Characters Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 3:58 pm

parameciumkid wrote:
What's a backback?

*Face Palms*
Back to top Go down
Ilceren
Ilceren

PostSubject: Re: Ilceren's Characters   Ilceren's Characters Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 10:02 am

Merku wrote:
parameciumkid wrote:
What's a backback?

*Face Palms*
Man, that was his way of making a joke.
Back to top Go down
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

PostSubject: Re: Ilceren's Characters   Ilceren's Characters Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 5:11 pm

This conversation is making me lol. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Ilceren
Ilceren

PostSubject: Re: Ilceren's Characters   Ilceren's Characters Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2015 5:37 pm

Been long since I last posted a character. Here's a new one. Might post some of my other well-known character's bios... sometime. Not today XD

Name: Sira
Species: Weaver Dridder
Sex: Female
Height: 93 feet
Hair colour: (M) Shades of black, grey and brown making a rock-like pattern
Eye colour: Hazelnut
Predation: Specialized for bigger sizes, opportunistic for smaller
Size category: From 3 feet up to 120. At 46 feet or bigger, they must be capable of flight for her to be interested
Clothing preference: Topless

Characteristics:
Sira is a young Weaver Dridder who has recently installed herself in the Ascarlin Mountains a few years ago. Looking like the odd hermit, her interactions with other sapient beings are mostly restricted to hunting for food. If one happens to find her soon after she has had a meal, though, she may tolerate them if they're not too disturbing. But in the majority of cases she would just pass by unnoticed.

Her silent walks take her all around the mountain and into the tunnels, placing uncanny Dridder traps where she finds appropriate. In contrast to her normally calm demeanour, she would go out of her way to place traps on harpy nests or to trap any kind of flying creature, finding secret joy and pride in being able to take down a flying target.

Physically, she's somewhat skinny, except when she's just eaten, and her spider body looks thin and fragile, the legs even going to the extent of being partially translucent. This appearance is further enhanced by her innate deformity, her backmost pair of legs developing incorrectly, so now her first joint bends the wrong way and consequently, her legs go up and forward, like a scorpion tail.

This doesn't pose a disadvantage to her, however, as she has learned to live like that and even give a use to them in ways no other Dridders can imitate. She has enough control of them to use them as extra arms, enabling her to grab or handle things out of her natural reach, and she has even developed a unique fighting style taking them into account.

Being a Weaver, a trap expert and a hermit, her patience is understandably inhuman. Not only that, but she also practices the mind problems and games the Sphinx race uses to improve their patience, being influenced by her one and only friend Periam, who is able to compete with her in terms serenity.

Periam visits her from time to time, often to just chat with her or keep her updated, but it's not like she needs that last thing. He does it anyway. On certain occasions, though, the reason for his visit is different; he comes because of her divination skills.

Sira possesses an unusual skill she first discovered when she left the Dridder Forest. It's actually a common ability among her kind, but she has particularly honed her senses in order to not just feel the air using the hairs around her body, but to be able to "read" it as if it were a book telling her of faraway places and events. She uses carefully crafted threads to increase her sensing accuracy and attaches thread balloons and certain metallic objects to those threads before letting them flow in the wind. She likes to call her art "Wind reading", and she can use it extend her senses to the farthest lands of the world, no matter how unstable.

Backstory:
Sira was born in the heart of the Dridder Forest, along with many brothers and sisters, into a small warrior tribe of the woodlands, like many others after the disintegration of the Dridder Kingdom. Her malformation was evident from the first moment, her backmost pair of legs standing bent down and backwards, and she was considered ill and weak since then. Only her father, also considered a weakling, took interest on her, and his reassurement and kind words quickly lead to a strong bond between them. He taught her how to correct her stance and walk on her six good legs, how to take advantage of her deformity to walk on a web in a way no other Dridder could, and offered her a refuge from her brothers' and sisters' pranks.

She had a hard time in the tribe as well, and while she was being taught like any other Dridder, she was constantly looked down upon. In web spinning, she was constantly scolded even if she did things right, in combat training, she was always used to demonstrate lack of mobility and evasion. She got fed up and foolishly prepared a trap not even a Dridder could escape, catching one of her teachers inside until the Guard figured out how to cut the restraints, an incident that would result in a public beat-up and being refused to be taught any more. When she got back home, however, his father was full of praise and gently tended to her wounds.

From then on, Sira found out that spending the whole day alone with no friends and no things lo learn was utterly boring. She started trying to improve her skills at making traps and fighting, with little success in the latter part. She still had the handicap of her slower movement and delicate balance, and couldn't overcome it to emulate the aggressive attacks that were taught to her in class.

Her father soon took notice of this and started tutoring her on fighting skills, showing her the secrets of lance and shield. It was then that Sira understood why her father was considered weak; her tribe always placed the most value on attack and evasion, while defence was looked down upon. It was fairly common to be taught dual-wielding skills, and the use of shields was shunned since it took away a hand that could perfectly be used for attacking. She was still considered weak because of her malformation anyway, so she gladly embraced the fighting style her father taught her.

Little more than a year later, Sira left her tribe. She had nothing that tied her to it anymore, her father having been devoured by her mother after one mating instance, and the few who didn't look down upon her being quite neutral in her treatment as of late. She felt it was time to leave, and so did she, heading north. She was barely fifteen, but her skills were already developed to the point she could survive on her own, and she ended up installing herself in the Ascarlin mountains. She had a growing interest in the flying prey that lived in that same area, as well as... something else.

Ever since she left the forest and started climbing the mountainside, she felt something was different. The wind, mostly absent in her home area, blew past her, and the little hairs all over her spider body came alive with a tingling, but clear sensation. It was just nice at first, but then it turned into something more as she became used to the feeling. It was as if her limited vision widened, allowing her to see far beyond her usual range. She could sense the Harpies flying up against the sun, the vibration of an active city, populated by beings smaller than her hand, the slight tremble of footsteps in the caves underneath her legs, so many things she didn't or couldn't know just from sight or smell alone.

She spent the following years just perfecting her skills. Her life was solitary anyway, having taken with her nothing but a few tools and weapons from home, and led the life of a hermit in the mountain, all her efforts dedicated to improving. Her loneliness ended, however, as she found a certain bird caught in her net... Periam the Sphynx.

(Edit: Karbo has kindly sketched this important scene in Sira's life, you guys can see it over at his DA.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ilceren's Characters   Ilceren's Characters Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ilceren's Characters
Page 1 of 1