Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya?

Go down 
+22
Claire
Raveolution
Oldman40k2003
Grave
Anime-Junkie
kaitheguy1234
/Fish/
rcs619
GREGOLE
Jætte_Troll
gwadahunter2222
ZionAtriedes
Feadraug
codaman
SuperPieGuy9
Malahite
Karbo
Pendragon
Archmage_Bael
AisuKaiko
Saironthis
Stabs
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Stabs
Stabs

Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya? Empty
PostSubject: Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya?   Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 11:53 am

Hiya! Here we have a thread with a slightly different purpose than usual, because this one's not meant for constructive criticism. Here's for all those things that make you retch in hate, that make your heart fill with poison and want to tear someone else's throat off. Then eat them alive. Here, vent freely on everything that bugs you.

I'll start with mine...

The thing I REALLY hate about Felarya is the unforgivably promiscuous abundance of JEWELS. If it weren't enough with having a Jewel River, someone had to go and make torkudas. Sure, 50 foot high shell. ALL diamond. Guys, that's not enough treasure to make an emperor jealous, that's enough treasure to make the emperor angry you wrecked his economy! There are only two cubic metres' worth of diamond, estimated, in the entire world!

And if THAT weren't bad enough, the ascarlin... oh, god, the ascarlin. I like how it magnifies magic, how it's valuable, but empires going to war over a handful? Which just fetch x12 diamond prices? I think that more background information is necessary if they're expecting me to respect that rock. No emperor worth his salt would need to go to war over a handful of anything!

Not to mention the F Very Mad ing jewel fish. Worth more than a diamond, but dey use 'em as currency 'cuz dey hard to get. ECONOMY DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY! FUCK! IT! DOESN'T! I think it's pretty and everything, but really, couldn't someone else think of a better flavor text than "worth more than diamonds"? If it's worth more than diamonds then they're useless as currency or diamonds just became really really cheap!

There, there... at least, that gives me a million jokes to tell about inflation in Felarya.

And you? Anything that makes you mad?
Back to top Go down
Saironthis
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Saironthis

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya?   Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 2:43 pm

Erm...This is a loaded gun of a question. Probably not a good idea to ask it.
Back to top Go down
http://thatonedude236.deviantart.com/
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya?   Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 2:53 pm

Agreed. One person says what they hate, someone elses disagrees, insults fly, the flames burn brightly, and I'd rather not have to break out my rage. It's quite dusty, you see.
Back to top Go down
http://aisukaiko.deviantart.com
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya?   Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 2:53 pm

meh. good intention, we need to blow some steam off sometimes, but it'd be hard to respond to this and not cause any problems.
Back to top Go down
Stabs
Stabs

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya?   Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 3:00 pm

I doubt that. If no one wants to be angry, no one will. We have the right to openly like and dislike any part of the world, and even if we don't see eye to eye, we'll always be excellent to each other.

Yet if you all feel that way, guess... it'll probably be unnecessary. Just trying to stir up conversation as always.
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya?   Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 3:32 pm

Overabundance of magic. I just have to say it.

How fairies can seemingly just alter reality around them and nobody can do jack about it. And diamond nagas who can take someone's magic and kill them with it.

Geez, there's being a world of survival, and then there's just being a douche. :/
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya?   Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 4:10 pm

Hum
A discussion thread about a certain problems is welcome but a "what you hate" thread.. I'm a bit sceptical..
I'll see where it will go but I'm not very optimistic about it...
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya?   Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 4:35 pm

Karbo wrote:
Hum
A discussion thread about a certain problems is welcome but a "what you hate" thread.. I'm a bit sceptical..
I'll see where it will go but I'm not very optimistic about it...
Perhaps it would be better if it were titled "Things you feel unsatisfactory" or "What do you feel needs change: Explanation Requested"? I mean, they sound much less hostile than "What do you hate".

For me? I don't "hate" anything about Felarya that can be helped (See: We can't stop Mary / Marty-Sue characters, canon ignoring, and so on). However, I am a bit upset when the above leads to some people that seem to take the high-end of what they're working on... and stick with that as a common feat. All Giant Nagas can shrug off multiple grenades in their torso like pop-rocks. All mages worth their name can easily drive off a Giant Predator mano-a-mano. A few minutes on Felarya will have Hawking's tapdancing. And so on, and so on.

Hm, actually, now that I think about it, that is something I'd like to see changed: We need more reference to Felarya's healing nature. We see it often times when characters stop aging, but (perhaps I'm just not investigating the right story) it's not too often I see mention of its healing properties on a person / Predator / Giant Predator. I can understand it not being mentioned for the magic-resistant Insectoids, but to so rarely see it capitalized on in stories?

I hadn't realized how bad the monetary thing was in Felarya Stabs. Seriously, that much diamond? And yet Ascarlin - worth x12 times as much - is worth major war over in handfuls? I can understand it in terms of speaking about why off-worlders would want to come to Felarya - a land so chock full of money, that a fisherman might come home with a shoe-sized Diamond-fish. However, on Felarya it'd render the stuff practically worthless. You could almost imagine it as the Counterweight Continent of the Multiverse. "You see, their pennies are a copper coating around pure diamond. Their dollar pieces are made out of pure Ascarlin."
Back to top Go down
SuperPieGuy9
Great warrior
Great warrior
SuperPieGuy9

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya?   Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 4:56 pm

The one thing I dislikke about Felarya is the nudity... there I said it...
Back to top Go down
codaman
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya?   Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 6:40 pm

SuperPieGuy9 wrote:
The one thing I dislikke about Felarya is the nudity... there I said it...

I can understand where that comes from, but then again don't forget that most creatures in Felarya are wild creatures with the ability to talk (sometimes) and seeing as humans tend to wear clothes to cover such parts, and yet humans are more of the main food supplies... *clears throat* i guess we can just say that not everyone sees clothing as Necessary....

One thing I tend to dislike, if there happens to be some human char or smaller being just about anywhere, everyone seems to pin their fate to the next pred or two that comes by, yea... in alot of stories human chars make it in the long run, and some don't.. but seriously... unless they are like hella old and wise or something of those sorts everyone just ties a beacon to their chest and follows them with a camera until someone hands them to their death or some random pred and... yea...

but seriously, i understand, humans are considered low level food chain things here, but what gives preds the right to juat about Always be laid back unless in some big chase? god you come to felarya as a human and you would be a paranoid nutcase in a week...
meanwhile a human or other smaller being eating thing comes around and is in total paradise, meanwhile humans get their cardio skills put to the test...

really?

but also, contrary to that, the sudden number of preds who happen to have some affection to their main food supplies.. no offense to any non vore liking people, or people who just didn't want an eating machine for a char... but not every other naga or giantess or whatever, happens to give a damn...

There, once again no offense to anyone, but really, think of the little people...
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya?   Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 12:15 am

i dislike the fact that fairies seem to have so many problems and they're still considered one of the most dangerous preds out there. insects, diamond nagas, and various other creatures have magic absorbtion or negation, and the fact that fairy wings are so fragile. There needs to be sub race(s) of fairies that can combat against the insects easier at least. :/
Back to top Go down
Feadraug
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Feadraug

Location : The Forest of Whispers, along with Kyria and Seelvee

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya?   Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 5:27 am

It's called balance. Without those flaws, fairies would be actual godmodders. I've said this before and I'm keeping it. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://paridas.carlosbg.es
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya?   Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 7:15 am

You know, it's obvious that the world isn't perfect. Hell, even Middle-Earth had continuity problems, and Tolkien was a literal genius. You can't expect Karbo to get it right without a little help. I think he did rather well, all things considered.

I don't really hate this fact, but it irks me slightly: I feel like too much effort has been made to make Felarya into this fantastic world. I mean, yeah, it has stuff from all different kinds of worlds, and managed to not come out looking like a dump (like the Land of the Lost), but I think that some people go overboard in trying to make their creations "flashy".

And, yeah, the jewel thing.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya?   Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 10:27 pm

no they wouldn't. there's so many races that are advantageous to fairies, it almost neutralizes their magic abilities. the only ones they can regularly cast are their shrinking ones, or self-targeted spells.

nagas and dridders on the other hand have no other races that can fight them off easily. there's all this stuff out there that is said to create more balance for fairies. they're so underdogged now, they're nearly a prey species. i've heard for some reason that dryads are anti-fairy machines, insects, (which probably includes dridders to some extent), diamond nagas. those are just the ones off the top of my head. I think fairies have the most problems with staying alive out of every pred species out there.

slug girls have been kind of ignored too, and their abilities can be just as dangerous.
Back to top Go down
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya?   Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 10:38 pm

I think it comes down to this: if I had to choose which one I'd rather face, a fiary or a naga, I'd choose the naga. A lot easier to blow up, because they're less nimble, their size is stable, etc. Basically, yes, fairies have a lot of natural enemies, but against well-armed humans, they're a lot better off than many other preds.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya?   Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 11:05 pm

but that's just humans :/

felarya isn't just about the humans...nor is a predator judged on how well they do against them/us.
Back to top Go down
Feadraug
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Feadraug

Location : The Forest of Whispers, along with Kyria and Seelvee

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya?   Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 5:49 am

Quote :
I think fairies have the most problems with staying alive out of every pred species out there.

People are trying to balance a kind of character that, otherwise, would be Mary Sue fuel. Really: fairies' shrinking magic is one of the most feared in Felarya. It's true you can try to hide and wait for the effects to wear off, but that's if you're lucky... and smart... and defeat the fear that strikes you after being shrunk till you're very few inches tall.

Still surprises me how much you try to defend fairies overpowerness when even those of us who have a fairy character acknowledge and accept the fac that they should be balanced.

You say that they have natural enemies. Who doesn't have natural enemies? I think that everything in Felarya has its enemies, just some haven't been as developed as in other cases.

Maybe you think they're being underpowered now, but the fact is that you just take the worst scenarios when you should look at many others. Faires are better against non-magical creatures, but have problems with magical ones. But every creature has to overcome its flaws. And your pessimistic attitude seems to put fairies in the worst cases, but I'm sure there are some smart fairies out there who will do their best to survive despite such disadvantages they might find.
Back to top Go down
http://paridas.carlosbg.es
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya?   Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 7:27 am

Furthermore, one must consider: Faeries are, seemingly, one of the few Felaryan Predators that could willingly enter Negav whenever they want. Fly straight up while a giant, use clouds as cover, get above Negav, shrink, go down... oh look, six inch Faerie snuck in! Good thing that they're too small to eat anyone... oh wait, they can shrink the human smaller yet, eat them, eat everyone who might have seen the act, fly back up, and out of Negav they go with a full belly.

Heck, even if that seems odd to you / extremely unlikely: A non-Voracious Faerie could be tricked to fly into Negav and blast the Isolon Eye with some magic bolts, for instance being told it needs to be recharged.

That's just one example against the biggest human city. Faeries can turn any natural predator smaller than 4m in its longest dimension (length or height) as well as non-insectoid into a small harmless thing. They need their own natural Predators and bugs magic-resistant otherwise it'd be "Oh no Spine Beetle swarm *Zzap* Heh, look at the little guys scuttle."

This is excluding that Faeries are one of the few "civilized" (See: They keep records, will use tools, etcetera) Predator races (Meaning better spell access, they can be armed & armored should they want to be much easier than other Predators, and so on), that every single one of them is innately magical, making their mundanes an exception and not a norm, that they can change size at-will, that they can fly / are one of the furthest spread & most densely populating species, and several other facts I'm probably forgetting.

If someone made a Naga character who had full plate, a sword, could cast spells as well as the average human wizard, could shrink anyone non-insectoid or "huge" with a single casual spell, and could modify their size at-will so as to sneak into groups / towns / whatever, people would call that horribly cheesy. For a Faerie, that's possibly normal.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya?   Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 8:34 am

the negav eye works against predation more than it does size, you have to remember that just because your small doesn't mean you'll get in.

I dont mind the whole bug deal, but I would like at least one of the anti-felaryan things that are pitted against fairies to be lifted, or re-directed elsewhere. Fairies are probably the most densely populated because so many of them get eaten.

Nagas that get together seem to do really well. Just because they cant shrink doesn't mean their skills dont lay elsewhere. They do have that massive, muscular tail that is incredibly tough. I wouldn't be surprised if nagas have put spiked armor over their tail. You say that nagas are weaker than fairies, and yet they have no natural predator. Same with dridders.
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya?   Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 8:35 am

Malahite wrote:
Furthermore, one must consider: Faeries are, seemingly, one of the few Felaryan Predators that could willingly enter Negav whenever they want. Fly straight up while a giant, use clouds as cover, get above Negav, shrink, go down... oh look, six inch Faerie snuck in! Good thing that they're too small to eat anyone... oh wait, they can shrink the human smaller yet, eat them, eat everyone who might have seen the act, fly back up, and out of Negav they go with a full belly.
Except the case of the storm sprite and dusk nymph few fairies belonging to the other subspecies manage to enter to Negav due to the Isolon Eye and the many detection devices magical or not.

Malahite wrote:
Heck, even if that seems odd to you / extremely unlikely: A non-Voracious Faerie could be tricked to fly into Negav and blast the Isolon Eye with some magic bolts, for instance being told it needs to be recharged.
The access to the eye is well-kept and I think this possibility is known due the to the fear of the rumor about the fact fairies are the first cause of death in Felarya and how people in Negav are paranoid they don't neglect it. An anti-magic corridor before to access to the eye can be useful.

Malahite wrote:
If someone made a Naga character who had full plate, a sword, could cast spells as well as the average human wizard, could shrink anyone non-insectoid or "huge" with a single casual spell, and could modify their size at-will so as to sneak into groups / towns / whatever, people would call that horribly cheesy. For a Faerie, that's possibly normal.
Maybe it's because it was the base idea about the development of fairies in Felarya a predator that can change it's size at will to sneak anywhere and attack its prey when it didn't expect.

A naga can eat a prey no matter its size due to the fact they can unhinge their jaw Crisis is an exception( it's possible she can but she prefer to not do it) Do you think it's necessary to give a naga character to change the size of its prey.

Is there is something I will maybe "hate" it's the fact the shrinking abilities looks overpowered sometime as it has many flaws. First all, when the prey is shrunk it can manage to hide and in jungle the possibility of hidden places.Doyou have to try to chase a small animal in a wild environment it's pretty tough If we were in a flat yeah it's ok and sometime it manages to escape.

Other point when you are shrunk you can still use your ability what will change it's the area of effect, for example if you can lift a large rock and throw it to an incredible strength or speed when you are shrunk you can just lift smaller rock you can still throw it to the same strength or speed the rock will be just smaller.A human size fairy can still be affected by smaller impacts unless maybe she grows to a giant size but I doubt she will do it or she will be too big to see you or catch you. your ability are adjusted to your new smaller size but not weaken to be insignificant.

Another example if you use ability which affect sense even you are shrink they still working and effective.

Or when you are shrunk why you don't try to dispell or to use an anti-shrinking antidote. For example in dragon age origins the templars can use a powerful spell name pure they release a powerful wave of magic which cancel any spell, magical effect affecting both allies and enemy. If a fairy shrink a templar what will change it's the area of effect but the spell will be effective

Last edited by gwadahunter2222 on Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : missing words)
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya?   Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 10:26 am

Archmage_Bael wrote:
the negav eye works against predation more than it does size, you have to remember that just because your small doesn't mean you'll get in.

I dont mind the whole bug deal, but I would like at least one of the anti-felaryan things that are pitted against fairies to be lifted, or re-directed elsewhere. Fairies are probably the most densely populated because so many of them get eaten.

Nagas that get together seem to do really well. Just because they cant shrink doesn't mean their skills dont lay elsewhere. They do have that massive, muscular tail that is incredibly tough. I wouldn't be surprised if nagas have put spiked armor over their tail. You say that nagas are weaker than fairies, and yet they have no natural predator. Same with dridders.

Firstly, the Negev Eye is a local newspaper. I'm not sure how it works against predation.

Secondly - Fairies are the most densely populated because so many of them get eaten? That makes absolutely no sense no matter how you look at it. As well, naga's do have natural predators, though they are few. Nagas also have to deal with other issues of survival that fairies don't have to because they have so much power. There are things like Hydra Trees, Flying Squid and other massive animals that will eat nagas and dridders.

I quote from the manga "Giant Nagas like Crisis are high in the food chain... but not at the top."

Anyways, where does the idea that so many fairies get eaten come from? Yes, there are a few species that are specialized to hunt fairies, mostly those that have anti-magical tendencies, but that doesn't mean fairies are getting regularly snacked on. If there wasn't some sort of thing that ate fairies, they would be even more widespread. Other predators have things dangerous to them and fairies need those too, they just need to be specialized for that.
Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya?   Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 11:10 am

Jaette_troll wrote:
Firstly, the Negev Eye is a local newspaper. I'm not sure how it works against predation.

you know i meant the isolon eye.

Jaette_Troll wrote:
Fairies are the most densely populated because so many of them get eaten?

Jaette_Troll wrote:
If there wasn't some sort of thing that ate fairies, they would be even more widespread

you kinda fixed that yourself, but just to clarify: reproduction. Since they get eaten a lot, they'd reproduce a lot more to try and make up for it.

Nagas and Dridders have like 2 or 3 things against them. Fairies have every insect, and then various other species. A lot more than just 2 or 3 Fauna/Flora.
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya?   Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 11:49 am

Archmage_Bael wrote:
So Nekos are booted at the door, then? Neko's that'll eat tinies are not allowed into the city?

Quote :
I wouldn't be surprised if nagas have put spiked armor over their tail.
I would, considering it'd require someone else to make it for them. Faeries, being a community, can trade or mine for metallic materials. They also can settle down enough to properly forge the materials into decent weapons / armor. Giant Nagas... don't. And good luck with them convincing someone other than Faeries (like Dridders, another species that somehow has the infrastructure to forge) to build armor for themselves.

Quote :
You say that nagas are weaker than fairies, and yet they have no natural predator.
Kensha Beasts, Spine Beetles, Gorudan Behemoth, Tonorion, Terror Hyena, Storm Manticore, Dimensional Dragons, must I go on for things that are threats to Nagas? Or are you looking for things that specifically hunt Nagas and only Nagas?

Judging by your response to Jaette, you're looking for the latter. Which is silly.

The possibility with dispelling is that usually, it takes time. Same goes for running away: If you're shrunk to the size of a mouse, you're not going to outrun the man-sized Faerie that's reaching for you. A potion that is intended to cure shrinking is either going to not be shrunk with you, in which case good luck opening it... or it's going to be shrunk with you, in which case you're going to be drinking much less, and all your possessions are still miniature. Congrats, all you did is succeed in making yourself naked and giving the Faerie a second chance.

I though, now have a new thing to mention about Felarya dislikes: Everything scales with size. Everything. A shrunk human suddenly can't make a fist-sized fireball anymore - they can now barely match one the size of a crumb. A Giant Naga can - on a whim - create a fireball that'd blow apart a city block as easily as an Elvish Wizard would make a fireball that'd maybe have a room-sized area of effect. This seems more like a way to favor the bigger things than it does anything else: Someone with practically no training can handle vastly greater amounts of energy because they're bigger. If things worked that way, then would a human under the effect of a growth spell suddenly find their lightning bolt several orders of magnitude stronger instantaneously just because they grew?

EDIT: Also, the Isolon Eye mentions that Size is important for what boots things, as well as Predation. If a Faerie can't get in through the method I proposed, then a Neko logically could not either because they're doing the exact same thing - willfully eating a creature smaller than them alive to feel the pleasure of it squirming in them as well as enjoying the taste / filling their belly. You can't mention size differences, because due to the nature of Faerie magic they are treated as the exact same size as a Neko (or possibly smaller even).
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya?   Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 12:34 pm

Malahite wrote:
I would, considering it'd require someone else to make it for them. Faeries, being a community, can trade or mine for metallic materials. They also can settle down enough to properly forge the materials into decent weapons / armor. Giant Nagas... don't. And good luck with them convincing someone other than Faeries (like Dridders, another species that somehow has the infrastructure to forge) to build armor for themselves.
Dridders are known to forge weapon and armor, some giant and giantess, giant elves, Jotun wear clothes, some elementals learn blacksmithing from the titans.

Malahite wrote:
The possibility with dispelling is that usually, it takes time. Same goes for running away: If you're shrunk to the size of a mouse, you're not going to outrun the man-sized Faerie that's reaching for you. A potion that is intended to cure shrinking is either going to not be shrunk with you, in which case good luck opening it... or it's going to be shrunk with you, in which case you're going to be drinking much less, and all your possessions are still miniature. Congrats, all you did is succeed in making yourself naked and giving the Faerie a second chance.
About the dispelling the spell purge of the templar is instant cast and it's a sudden release of energy to cleanse all magic effect in a area it's a double edge ability because it affect everyone you your allies and your enemies. If we adapted to Felarya it can affected temporary the healing soil where you are when you use it.

In many fictions fiction the clothes and all the possessions are shrink with the prey. But if we assume the possession don't shrink with you I know some people keep hidden objects in your stomach by swallowed them and vomit them when they need.

If the cure shrink with you the effect won't necessary to affected, if it was creatde in case you are shrunk with it so you will grow back to normal. After all it make to cleanse the shrinking effect affecting your body not a growth potion.

Malahite wrote:

I though, now have a new thing to mention about Felarya dislikes: Everything scales with size. Everything. A shrunk human suddenly can't make a fist-sized fireball anymore - they can now barely match one the size of a crumb. A Giant Naga can - on a whim - create a fireball that'd blow apart a city block as easily as an Elvish Wizard would make a fireball that'd maybe have a room-sized area of effect. This seems more like a way to favor the bigger things than it does anything else: Someone with practically no training can handle vastly greater amounts of energy because they're bigger. If things worked that way, then would a human under the effect of a growth spell suddenly find their lightning bolt several orders of magnitude stronger instantaneously just because they grew?

This more a matter of impact, if you throw a big a rock in a river it will make more wave than a smaller one (PS I don't forget the question of mass). if we take other parameters like heat or voltage, if the difference between a fireball throw by a naga and a mage it's how it affect the area. with a bigger object you can cover more zone at the same time. some factor like temperature or voltage don't depend necessary on the size if you can turn yourself in a human torch or living plasma the heat won't change your are bigger or smaller

Malahite wrote:
EDIT: Also, the Isolon Eye mentions that Size is important for what boots things, as well as Predation. If a Faerie can't get in through the method I proposed, then a Neko logically could not either because they're doing the exact same thing - willfully eating a creature smaller than them alive to feel the pleasure of it squirming in them as well as enjoying the taste / filling their belly. You can't mention size differences, because due to the nature of Faerie magic they are treated as the exact same size as a Neko (or possibly smaller even).

Fairies body is particular I think the Eye detect this particularity which make it can affect fairies and not the nekos.

Last edited by gwadahunter2222 on Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:47 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : minor corrections, change negate by cleanse)
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya?   Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 1:08 pm

gwadahunter2222 wrote:
Fairies body is particular I think the Eye detect this particularity which make it can affect fairies and not the nekos.

Yeah, no one really knows everything about the eye, its a magical wonder if I'm not mistaken. Still, I'd rather not talk about the eye, because I don't want to come up with an idea as to why it acts like it does, and fail at it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya?   Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya?
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next