Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya?

Go down 
+22
Claire
Raveolution
Oldman40k2003
Grave
Anime-Junkie
kaitheguy1234
/Fish/
rcs619
GREGOLE
Jætte_Troll
gwadahunter2222
ZionAtriedes
Feadraug
codaman
SuperPieGuy9
Malahite
Karbo
Pendragon
Archmage_Bael
AisuKaiko
Saironthis
Stabs
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Oldman40k2003
Oldman40k2003

Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya? - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya?   Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 8:35 pm

AisuKaiko wrote:
But it has to be white, or it won't work!

I foresee a booming trade in bleach, hydrogen peroxide (whitening agents), and titanium dioxide (a very white powder/paint pigment).

Alternatively: Oh, so it's all about race now, is that it?

Razz

Second alternate: Stress can (at least in stories) cause white hair; and these people are living on a world full of very dangerous things that want to eat them. In that case I think that BABIES will be born with white hair.
Back to top Go down
http://oldman40k2003.deviantart.com/
spike833
Marauder of the deep jungle
Marauder of the deep jungle
spike833

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya?   Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 1:40 pm

This is Felarya, different hair colors are not unusual in it! After all, look at Vivian's hair color!

And until a week or two ago, I had a really nice beard, then I shaved, and now, I regret it! XD
Back to top Go down
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya?   Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 2:11 pm

G-Man1989 wrote:
This is Felarya, different hair colors are not unusual in it! After all, look at Vivian's hair color!
Don't forget Anna. Also, Vivian's whole BODY is a funky color.

Well, the soil keeps everyone young, but I'd imagine that you could at least grow to your prime. For human males, that'd be in the twenties, so beards can be grown. Whether it's that long is another story.
Back to top Go down
Raveolution
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Raveolution

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya?   Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 4:17 am

I for one would like to see more stories with humans acting like something besides unintelligent snacky cakes, with no survival instincts worth talking about (humans don't pack up a village and flee from an impossibly dangerous bunch of predators? What about the Verdoya?). It has been repeatedly asserted that native humans in Felarya have almost nothing in common with normal people in how they react to the total hostility of their environment. Felaryan humans have been stripped of their common sense to flee from impossibly predatory threats, any notion of vengeance, and they certainly do not evolve technologically like we've done on Earth. Natives acting like they've never seen a pred before and are surprised at being attacked...? Or doing stupid things to provoke friendly fairies? Huh? People living in total isolation in a land where survival absolutely and unambiguously requires both numbers and organization (hence what I said, no survival skills whatsoever)? In a land where a gang of nekos is known to have walked in and utterly devoured a whole tribe of tinies in one day, vast numbers of native sentients have not devised adequate means to defend themselves? Immortality without sex or sex without reproduction (uh, where's the birth control)? Then there's the endless stream of idiots who enter Negav and fall prey to Gunther. I mean, yeah it's handwaved away that Gunther doesn't get caught, but how is it his reputation doesn't precede him?

Woah. It's enough to make a man dizzy.

I'm not saying Felarya is impossible on its face. It's easy to make fetish fuel out of all the rank newbs that come into Felarya, I mean look at all the treasure hunters that could run across Galya, or the fools who get on the Felarya Express. Over confident patrols, lumberjacks, trophy hunters, scouting parties and all manner of fools can easily stumble into a cute naga's belly. There's always an Akaptor nomad or two waiting to get picked off.

I find myself stuck reading one writer's Felarya stories and that's about it. Two, at best. And man, can they do a credible Felarya with plenty of vore fan service.
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya?   Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 5:37 am

Raveolution wrote:
I for one would like to see more stories with humans acting like something besides unintelligent snacky cakes, with no survival instincts worth talking about (humans don't pack up a village and flee from an impossibly dangerous bunch of predators? What about the Verdoya?). It has been repeatedly asserted that native humans in Felarya have almost nothing in common with normal people in how they react to the total hostility of their environment. Felaryan humans have been stripped of their common sense to flee from impossibly predatory threats, any notion of vengeance, and they certainly do not evolve technologically like we've done on Earth. Natives acting like they've never seen a pred before and are surprised at being attacked...? Or doing stupid things to provoke friendly fairies? Huh? People living in total isolation in a land where survival absolutely and unambiguously requires both numbers and organization (hence what I said, no survival skills whatsoever)? In a land where a gang of nekos is known to have walked in and utterly devoured a whole tribe of tinies in one day, vast numbers of native sentients have not devised adequate means to defend themselves? Immortality without sex or sex without reproduction (uh, where's the birth control)? Then there's the endless stream of idiots who enter Negav and fall prey to Gunther. I mean, yeah it's handwaved away that Gunther doesn't get caught, but how is it his reputation doesn't precede him?

Woah. It's enough to make a man dizzy.

I'm not saying Felarya is impossible on its face. It's easy to make fetish fuel out of all the rank newbs that come into Felarya, I mean look at all the treasure hunters that could run across Galya, or the fools who get on the Felarya Express. Over confident patrols, lumberjacks, trophy hunters, scouting parties and all manner of fools can easily stumble into a cute naga's belly. There's always an Akaptor nomad or two waiting to get picked off.

I find myself stuck reading one writer's Felarya stories and that's about it. Two, at best. And man, can they do a credible Felarya with plenty of vore fan service.

To be fair, I think the only humans that are shown to have no survival instincts are some of the new arrivals. The people who actually survive there do so for a reason. Negav and the more established settlements do fine. They either survive to the strength of their defense (Negav), the aid of a sympathetic pred (Safe Harbor/Jungle Bowl), or through a little diplomacy and/or a beneficial geographic location (Chiotia City on Shillapo Island, for example). The smaller settlements come and go. Without some way to "work the system" so to speak, they sometimes get discovered and their inhabitants are forced to get eaten or try and flee.

The villages that are suprised about being attacked, or doing things to provole an attack can likely be blamed on bad writing.

There would be some technological advancment in places like Negav where there's lots of materials and people coming in and out...but in the average settlement, things would move very slowly.

As for Gunther...he doesn't get caught because no one survives to tell anyone what he does =P
Back to top Go down
Feadraug
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Feadraug

Location : The Forest of Whispers, along with Kyria and Seelvee

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya?   Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 6:48 am

rcs619 wrote:
To be fair, I think the only humans that are shown to have no survival instincts are some of the new arrivals.

I have to agree with this. If there are people actually living in Felarya and still being alive and not in some predator's stomach, they have some survivial instinct and have a minimum of common sense. If not, it would be shit. Either having secured settlements or being forced to live a nomad life to survive, they have a way to. It's not like most humans in Felarya are idiots.

However, newcomers have a big problem at surviving unless they are lucky to find someone who knows how to live longer than 5 minutes in this place... because as we all know, Felarya is full of danger (not only in the "something is going to eat you" way). And someone new to Felarya will know nothing of its perils, so that's one big disadvantage. If they are lucky enough, well, that's another story, but that's it: if they are lucky.

Also, I agree that sometimes is more of bad writing rather than a lack of common sense and survival instinct too.
Back to top Go down
http://paridas.carlosbg.es
Stabs
Stabs

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya?   Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 2:07 pm

You know, guys, I think we need to set the record... nekos and humans CAN survive in Felarya. We should make that a bit more explicit, start explaining how... but let's not tell the nagas, shall we?
We need some story about a human survivor character, or a small town already... anyone volunteers?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya?   Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 8:40 pm

Stabs wrote:
You know, guys, I think we need to set the record... nekos and humans CAN survive in Felarya. We should make that a bit more explicit, start explaining how... but let's not tell the nagas, shall we?
We need some story about a human survivor character, or a small town already... anyone volunteers?

I agree with this idea, as its never been explained how a Human or Neko would survive.
Back to top Go down
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya?   Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 1:38 am

Daejien wrote:
]how a Human or Neko would survive.

This is simple:

Being practical. Nekos specialize in this.
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya?   Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 11:16 am

/Fish/ wrote:
Daejien wrote:
]how a Human or Neko would survive.

This is simple:

Being practical. Nekos specialize in this.

The heightened senses and extra agility and speed help too.

People tend to forget that Nekos ARE predators, just like the giant ones. Their senses and reflexes are superior to a human's. That is why they are supposed to be fairly difficult for most predators to catch. Crisis' frequent munching on them has kind of made people forget that =P ...and to be fair, its stated that Crisis' greatest ability is the fact that, even by naga standards, she is extremely stealthy. People never hear her coming...which explains why she might be a little more proficient in catching nekos that some other preds.

...also, keep in mind that, according to the wiki, it IS perfectly possible to survive if you know the region. Preds tend to have specific territories or areas they hang around (probably some specific routines or habits they follow too), and usually don't wander all that much. If you know where the preds like to stay, you could weave through dead-zones between the pred territories.

Its all about using common sense and being alert, more than anything.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya?   Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya? - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya?
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6