Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

In Negav

Go down 
+13
asaenvolk
Black Aquila
Goldclaw
Tuc135
Shady Knight
Anime-Junkie
mikeimp
CauldronBorn24
Darkstorm Zero
sparkythechu
Reptillian
The Joker
Jætte_Troll
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Goldclaw
Survivor
Survivor
Goldclaw

In Negav - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Negav   In Negav - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 2:44 pm

Nina unloaded everything she had carried, though she kept staff close to her and wondered about the hollowed ascarlin gem at the top if it was of any value. Sighing she examined the jewel at the top and carefully tried pulling it off. It came off with a soft click to reveal a crystal blade that had been hidden. With a confused look she placed the hallowed gem on the table and silently waited to see how much everything was worth.
Back to top Go down
http://daren-blackfang.deviantart.com/
Tuc135
Hero
Hero
Tuc135

Location : Chances are between someone's esophagus and duodenum

In Negav - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Negav   In Negav - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 6:49 pm

Breida just sat back and waited as the people from the archeological society poured over her own sack of loot. She had gotten lucky with this expidetion she knew. To hit such a jackpot was a rare thing, but the payoff was certainly looking to make it all worth it. The terra elf just watched the total tally for her goods climb ever higher and higher. She had a few plans for that money. Not only could she get a nice dress for her friend's collection, she could upgrade her own equipment. She had her eye on the new breech loading rifle being made by the terra elves of Beyr. It would take a little getting used to, but she figured the advantages were well worth it. They were said to be more accurate, and much faster to reload than the muzzle loader she currently favored. Of course, being the cutting edge of technology, it wasn't going to be cheap. But with this lucky strike, she could afford it.

Another thought crossed her mind though. If it was known she had hit it this lucky, she would be a magnet for thieves and muggers, of which Negav had no meager supply. She could hold her own in a brawl, but there was still the risk she could make an error, or get bum rushed. Breida looked up from her own musings, and glanced around at the others present. "Hey, just a thought. Anyone know a reputable bank one could store this money in? I'd rather not be carrying around all these skevols, lest I make myself a target for criminals." Breida said.
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

In Negav - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Negav   In Negav - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 11:52 pm

"Well, considering that only physical money tends to be accepted in Negav..." replied Samiel "there are plenty of banks, of varying quality. In general, try to use the ones in the Middle Tier - the Lower Tier "Banks" are mostly just scams to rip off dumb tourists and adventurers. If security is what you're worried about, the Grand Negav Bank in the Middle Tier is your best bet. I've yet to have heard of anything getting stolen from there. That's where I stash my loot... what little of it I have. Still, good to remember to keep money on you - Negav is expensive and no one takes credit."

Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime
Clown Prince of Crime
The Joker

In Negav - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Negav   In Negav - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 2:52 am

Horamus silently made his way to the lobby once his goods had been counted, silently pondering if anything would really change with the money that he had earned on the expedition. Probably not. After all, his life had been pretty well before the expedition, and he was pretty satisfied with it up to this point. Maybe he'd venture up to the higher tier and buy himself some nice things. Maybe a couple of books, some magic-related items...no sense in squandering it all, though. He figured he'd just spend a small portion and put the rest in the Grand Negav Bank to gain interest.

The neko wondered what Geeran was up to as he waited for the loot to be divided. Most likely home resting after going on his predator crusade...or waiting for him to return to his shop like an overprotective parent. He sincerely hoped the latter wasn't the case.
Back to top Go down
Darkstorm Zero
Darkstorm Zero

In Negav - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Negav   In Negav - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 12:55 am

Geeran pondered his predicament.

He was not trying to restrict Horamus from doing what he wanted, that was not why Geeran tried to make them see reason. However, Geeran reacted on his instinct, and experience with the outside world. He was angry, he knew the team was nowhere near ready. If the Fungoids and the Dryad became hostile, there would be little they could do. Fungoid magic was far beyond what they could have countered.

However, what Geeran found even more aggrivating was his friend Horamus, had turned on him, and all for the wrong reasons... If Horamus wanted adventure, Geeran would have thought the neko would have come to him instead of relying on a Vampire he only met yesterday... But Horamus didn't listen, he didn't want to hear Geeran... and to that end, Horamus risked his life down in the deep.

Geeran closed his eyes, he would have to make a choice.

"I'm sorry Horamus.... I cannot watch you throw your life away... I don't want to see any more of my friends die needlessly... I may have to sever our friendship.... " It was a bitter thought.

Geeran did not have many actual friends. Most people kept their distance from the young hunter because of his fearsome reputation. A bloodthirsty butcher. Even if it is against predators, even veteran soldiers question why a boy that young has such rage in his heart that drives him to pilot those deadly machines and goes off to find the most lethal predators to fight them. For many, it is insane to even contemplate such a possability, especially in one as young as Geeran. Time and again, he delivered proof in blood and body parts of confirmed kills, or ruined machines that he barely escapes in, for not all hunts go successfully, even for Geeran. Yet not once was the boy himself harmed... not even shaken or frightened by the deeds he's done, or the fights he had fought. Someone as desensitised to death and combat could possibly turn his destructive rage on the city and those that dwell within, thats what they truly feared. Yet Geeran lived by a single irreprochable law he imposed on himself, a code. 'No innocent shal ever be harmed by my weapons, no matter the race or species, as long as the stain of urder does not mar their spirit, they shall never need to fear me. my blades cleave the flesh of the guilty alone, and no other.'
Back to top Go down
http://darkstormzero.deviantart.com/
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

In Negav - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Negav   In Negav - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 9:07 am

"As long as I don't have to swim, I'll be fine. Let's use this route you know." Thane replied. "I've already got everything of my own I'm going to bring, so I'm prepared to leave as soon as possible."
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
asaenvolk
Marauder of the deep jungle
asaenvolk

In Negav - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Negav   In Negav - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 1:22 am

“Well that limits a few options, but I think I know what I can do.” Neia moves to ask a few other guild members some questions and winds up coming back with a key in hand. “Here we go, the gate is normally locked, so I had to get this really fast.”

Neia leads Thane through the city near the guild hall she uses the streets, but before long she starts avoiding them as to not draw attention. This takes long than one may have wished, but it gets the job done with fewer people taking note. In the end the two wind up at what looks like a large entrance to a basement, metal shutter doors with a cross bar blocking the entrance, using a key she unlocks a padlock that holds the bar in place, the doors do not lead into a basement as it turns out, but only shows a crack in the ground.

“Well one of the other members will close this in 4 hours if were not back by then.” Neia states mater of factly. “Want me to go first?” The shaft down was narrow and almost vertical down, it was impossible to tell how far down however as the shaft was hardly strait, it also looked a little damp, but not horribly so.
Back to top Go down
http://asaenvolk.deviantart.com/
Black Aquila
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Black Aquila

In Negav - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Negav   In Negav - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 6:13 pm

Name: Vashta Ree Nerada
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

In Negav - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Negav   In Negav - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 12:43 am

Samiel stretched, slipping his coins into his pouch one by one, counting quickly.

"Well, I'm out of here." he said. Anyone want directions to the bank, follow me I guess. I'm probably gonna meander home after though... more tired than I thought."
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

In Negav - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Negav   In Negav - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 6:02 am

Thane shrugged. "Unless you can guide from behind, you might as well. just give a shout when you're ready for me to come down." he answered, then watched as Neia lowered herself down the shaft.
A few minutes later, Neia's shout echoed up the shaft. Shouldering his pack, Thane began his descent. Abut a quarter of the way down the darkness , Thane stopped and wedged himself against the opposite wall. Moving quickly, he snatched his electric torch from his pack and clipped it to his gauntlet, making sure it was set to a lowm, red light, then continued his descent; his way lit by the torch.
A few minutes past and he dropped down behind Neia.
"Lead on" Thane said with a slight smile.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

In Negav - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Negav   In Negav - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 9:13 am

Sean put the payment for bringing the artifacts in his wallet, which he then slipped back into his bag. He looked at Samiel as he slung his backpack over his shoulder. The human didn't seem to be overly tired. A bit fatigued, but he seemed to be able to cope with it pretty well.

"I see. Nice doing business with ya."
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
sparkythechu
Survivor
Survivor
sparkythechu

In Negav - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Negav   In Negav - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 9:32 am

"It sure is quiet down here. Maybe I should be glad, but it's getting boring," Nagi said to himself. He had been hiding underground long enough to be tired of it. The long, complex passages, the lack of anything interesting, and mostly the lack of anything to do were starting to make him debate on going into the jungle just to have something interesting to do. "It's not like I can't hold my own out there, I've done before. I guess I just don't feel like it." He sighed as he sat down. "I really hate being bored."
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/BoltAscendent
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

In Negav - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Negav   In Negav - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 10:36 pm

Samiel shrugged and walked out onto the higher tier. He paused outside, rolling some silverthorn into a cigarette and lighting it, looking up at the sky aimlessly and watching to see who was following his path to the bank.
Back to top Go down
Black Aquila
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Black Aquila

In Negav - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Negav   In Negav - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 3:56 am

CauldronBorn24 wrote:
"Comms hack in process... Message recording sent to all registered bounty hunters":
sparkythechu wrote:
"It sure is quiet down here. Maybe I should be glad, but it's getting boring," Nagi said to himself. He had been hiding underground long enough to be tired of it. The long, complex passages, the lack of anything interesting, and mostly the lack of anything to do were starting to make him debate on going into the jungle just to have something interesting to do. "It's not like I can't hold my own out there, I've done before. I guess I just don't feel like it." He sighed as he sat down. "I really hate being bored."
Nagi's boredom would soon be relieved, as the pitch around him seemed to darken even further and a pair of glowing, red eyes materialized out of the shade.

"Well well, looks like I'm in luck!"

The high pitched, feminine voice didn't stem from beneath the two crimson orbs, but rather appeared to emanate from all around.

"So~oo, you going to come along quietly? The thingy said "Dead or Alive" but they'd probably want some kind of proof, and that could get... messy."

A gleaming white cheshire grin sprang into existence below the blood-colored irises.
Back to top Go down
sparkythechu
Survivor
Survivor
sparkythechu

In Negav - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Negav   In Negav - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 12:27 pm

Nagi yawned as he spoke. "Well, looks like things are going to get fun." He created a small ball of fire and held it in front of him. Then, suddenly, a large number of similar fireballs formed themselves in the area surrounding him, lighting up the room. "Got to admit, that was a pretty nice entrance, but I would rather not get caught. I have a close friend I need to meet up with soon. He'll get mad if I don't, and his mad is scary." He stretched out his body and ate one of the last fruits he still had. "Why is there even a bounty on me? All I did was destroy my payment, and return something someone had left. That's nothing bad, definitely nothing worthy of this. So much for a vacation. Well, I'll make this as easy as you let it. I have things to do."
Back to top Go down
Black Aquila
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Black Aquila

In Negav - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Negav   In Negav - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 5:35 am

sparkythechu wrote:
Nagi yawned as he spoke. "Well, looks like things are going to get fun." He created a small ball of fire and held it in front of him. Then, suddenly, a large number of similar fireballs formed themselves in the area surrounding him, lighting up the room. "Got to admit, that was a pretty nice entrance, but I would rather not get caught. I have a close friend I need to meet up with soon. He'll get mad if I don't, and his mad is scary." He stretched out his body and ate one of the last fruits he still had. "Why is there even a bounty on me? All I did was destroy my payment, and return something someone had left. That's nothing bad, definitely nothing worthy of this. So much for a vacation. Well, I'll make this as easy as you let it. I have things to do."
Nagi's flames did little to illuminate the situation; the supernatural murk was palpable and unbroken by their light.
They did, however, reveal his assailant.

She was a young woman garbed head to toe in black, her ebony face the only skin showing and, from the looks of the scarf pulled down around her chin and the sunglasses perched upon her head, even this appeared to normally be covered.

Her torso was visible, but most of the girl's form was obscured by the shadows, ether due to choice of clothing or some... other means.

"Why thank you! I, Vashta Ree Nerada, am destined to be Felarya's greatest, most super elite Ninja Assassin ever, and a good entrance is important."

"As for why those Security dudes want you so bad, I don't know and I don't care. All I do know is that they're giving out a bunch of those Ascarlin thingies to who ever brings you in, and that translates into some serious scrape."

Nagi would find ribbons of gloom begining to wrap around his limbs from behind.

"Now then, how's about we go pick up my payment?"
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

In Negav - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Negav   In Negav - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 1:01 am

Apparently everyone else was busy. Samiel shrugged and made his way to the bank. The bank was open this late, but there were few people there. The Inu security guards watched him carefully as he made his deposit. The rest he would hide at his apartment. He had made a good haul tonight. Enough to pay off some debts and get some small comforts.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

In Negav - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Negav   In Negav - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 9:55 am

Sean arrived at his master's house in the lower tier (Retcon after I realized an abandoned temple wouldn't make any sense), then stepped in the training hall. He took off pieces of his armor, then readied his cleaning cloth. It was a very monotonous process, but he wasn't one to skip on his responsibilities. His armor was what kept him alive in this hostile world, and making sure it worked and worked well was essential for his survival. After roughly an hour of cleaning his armor and putting it on his stand, Sean took his share of the earned money and headed for bank in the higher tier.
Back to top Go down
asaenvolk
asaenvolk

In Negav - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Negav   In Negav - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 5:58 pm

*Neia squirmed down head first, her head and body vanishing down the gap her wiggling tail squirming its way its way down the narrow passage until she had left room for Thane to follow her* The passage was not very wide, Thane would have about six inches in the tight areas to maneuver, maby even less. It didn't go strait down, more of a seventy five degree steep angle down, and it was impossible how far this went. The way down didn't have much in the way of hand or foot holes, whats worse it is seemed to be a bit wet and slick, meaning one would also have a hard time just pressing against the walls to maintain their place. Still Thane could hear Neia making her way down the throat of the tunnel, her scales were scrapping along and making it easy to tell she was on the move.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

In Negav - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Negav   In Negav - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 6:04 am

Thane grimaced at the sight of the slippery slope that was his passage, then looked around. Spotting a rocky outcrop near the wall, he reached into his pack to pull out a coil of thin rope. Taking one end of the rope, he wrapped it round the outcrop. "I will begin my descent in a moment Neia" he called down the tunnel before turning back and taking a handful of the stone scree that littered the corners of the shaft. Thane poured the stones into the gap between the wall and the outcrop so it covered the rope. A quick magic circle and flash of blue light later had set the stone as if it was part of the outcrop, securing the rope in place.
At that, Thane tied the other end of the rope around his torso and made his way down the passage, the rope giving him something to rest his weight on.
he soon caught up to Neia, or more precisely, her tail.
"Just how deep is this?" Thane asked, shining his light down the passage

(Don't let this die guys.)
Back to top Go down
sparkythechu
Survivor
Survivor
sparkythechu

In Negav - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Negav   In Negav - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 4:46 am

(I have been busy busy busy busy. This is the first chance I've had to post in a while, and that's only because I slept so poorly. Oh well.)

Nagi kept moving around as he talked. "Well, I can respect you trying to make a name for yourself and for trying to make a living, but I have a friend who's expecting me, and he would hunt me down in a...destructive way, so I can't get too tied down, you see." He smiled and revealed his two dangerously sharp teeth. A few moments later of searching through his stuff andhe took out a small metalic ball. "Think fast!" he yelled before it detonated with a blinding light and deafening sound, made more potent by the dark tunnels, and quickly headed for a nearby tunnel to get to the surface with inhuman speed and agility.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

In Negav - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Negav   In Negav - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 1:17 pm

The following day, a tanned, athletic neko ran sprinted all the way to Negav. She sat down on the side of the road by the northern bridge to catch her breath and let the sweat evaporate off of her skin, then swallowed a few mouthfuls from her waterskin to quench her thirst. The rose-haired cat woman then hefted herself up and walked toward the gate. The soldier at entranced leered in her direction as she entered, but she was quick to return the look. The chocolate and black fur on her tail rose as she took her distances from the gate, then quickly relaxed. The young woman directly for the Adventurer's Guild. She smiled brightly and waved at the man behind the counter as soon as she entered.

"Hiya Joe."

"Morning Caroline." said the Barkeeper, "How are you doing?"

Caroline set her backpack down and put it in the corner behind the corner. It wasn't an ordinary backpack. It was made of tough, tanned leather, and alongside the waterskin, 50 ft of coiled up rope was attached to one of the bag's hooks.

"Doing fine, like usual. You?"

The bartender sighed. "I had to take care of some drunkards who beat up someone on the street for no justifiable reason."

Caroline turned to Joe as she tied her apron on. "Who did they beat up."

"It's not important. Forget I said anything."

The neko shrugged then picked her backpack and walked in the kitchen. "Alright, I won't ask anymore than that."
Back to top Go down
asaenvolk
asaenvolk

In Negav - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Negav   In Negav - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 12:43 pm

Neia struggled to answer, it was surprisingly hard to talk in her current position, “about 70 meters? *gasp* or more.” Neia’s face had transformed from its usual pasty white to a fairly aggressive red, she was upside down after all, and moving, and had a rather long serpentine lower half. On the other hand the squirming down was a bit easier than one might have thought, her tail afforded her a good climbing grip in the cave, though its tip was starting to tingle do to low blood flow.

The main obstacle was how dark it was, Neia was navigating by feel, her arms out front, feeling her way. She still managed to bump her head a few times, though hardly a pleasant experience she just ignored it until she could see a faint speck of blue ahead. He non use of light helping finally, her darkness adjusted eyes could see the beginning of the end ahead.

The light grew, and while it hardly became bright, it made the end of the journey easy to adjust too. the crag ended in rupture along the top and side of an old constructed tunnel, the walls squared and worked, stylised reliefs carved into the walls. A strange moss clung to the walls, the small thing stamens projecting from the spongy masses giving off a dim cobalt blue light.

Neia oriented herself as her body extruded its self from the scar in the wall, orienting her human torso upwards as more of her dark tail slid out of one tunnel and into another. Neia was half way into the tunnel when she set her belly scales down onto the damp spongy mass coating the floor.

“Okay were here now Thane.” Neia pulled the tip out of the passage so Thane could see the light at the end of the tunnel. Moving a little to the right Neia maneuvered to help Thane extract himself.
Back to top Go down
Black Aquila
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Black Aquila

In Negav - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Negav   In Negav - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 8:06 pm

sparkythechu wrote:
(I have been busy busy busy busy. This is the first chance I've had to post in a while, and that's only because I slept so poorly. Oh well.)

Nagi kept moving around as he talked. "Well, I can respect you trying to make a name for yourself and for trying to make a living, but I have a friend who's expecting me, and he would hunt me down in a...destructive way, so I can't get too tied down, you see." He smiled and revealed his two dangerously sharp teeth. A few moments later of searching through his stuff andhe took out a small metalic ball. "Think fast!" he yelled before it detonated with a blinding light and deafening sound, made more potent by the dark tunnels, and quickly headed for a nearby tunnel to get to the surface with inhuman speed and agility.
"GAAAH!!!"

Miss Nerada and the shadows recoiled from the explosion of the flashbang, stunning them long enough to leave Nagi an opening to escape.

However, he wasn't out of the Jungle yet, as darkness and two glowing red orbs soon chased after him.

"HEY! I thought you said you were going to make this easy!!!"
Back to top Go down
sparkythechu
Survivor
Survivor
sparkythechu

In Negav - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Negav   In Negav - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 6:39 am

Nagi laughed as he continued his escape. "Well, not only did I get your guard down, it seems I managed to blow your tough act," he said through the laughs with out slowing down. "Also, this is the easy way," he said, tossing a second sphere over his shoulder, where it exploded half way between them. He quickly did a half spin on one of his jumps and threw several more of the balls before finishing the spin and continuing without missing a beat.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

In Negav - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Negav   In Negav - Page 15 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In Negav
Page 15 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next